Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
94 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 94

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Shooting Death Just Half-Block from JCPD West District
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/7 17:35
Group:
Banned
I have never seen a cop outside of that police station. ITS A JOKE!!!!!!!!! I took a drive down MLK the other day and there was not one cop to be seen but I saw at least 7 drug deals going down and crack heads everywhere. GREAT POLICING GUYS!!! Time for a major change in this department. Get off your asses...

Posted on: 2011/10/24 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City man shot in both calves outside tavern

Published: Monday, October 24, 2011, 3:00 AM
By Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal

A Jersey City man was shot once in each leg while smoking a cigarette Friday night outside a tavern where another man was fatally shot nearly two years ago, reports said.

Police were called to BG?s Tavern at 497 Communipaw Ave. near Grand Street at 11:30 p.m. on the report that a man outside the bar had been shot, police reports said.

The 37-year-old Emory Street resident said he was standing outside having a smoke when he heard several gunshots and realized he had been shot twice, reports said.

The victim was treated at the scene by emergency medical technicians for two gunshot wounds one in each calf and then taken to Jersey City Medical Center for further treatment for the non-life threatening injuries, reports said.

On Nov. 7, 2009 a 29-year-old Jersey City man, Sherod Saunders, died at Jersey City Medical Center after being fatally shot while standing outside the same tavern. Duran Williams, 35, of Gardner Avenue, was sentenced to 10 years in prison for this shooting.

Posted on: 2011/10/24 10:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
MYBEAT wrote: Doesn't it just amaze you how all these so called felons are allowed to roam the streets at will? With all these felons on the streets, just who's behind bars???

First of all what does a felon look like? Do you think someone formerly convicted of a felony can't change? I can tell you they do. Or that they all were actually guilty when arrested? I can tell you a whole lot were not guilty. And there are a lot of folk arrested on misdemeanor charges behind bars because they can't afford a lawyer and/or bail. They make up the majority of revolving door statistics.

First off, stop taking things out of context, where are you going with your banter?
I'm not referring to people convicted of crimes, who actually turned their lives around and become model citizens, I'm talking about lowlife thugs (Felons) who get off on technicalities and are allowed to roam the streets, becuase mugging someone or destroying someone's property just won't get noticed, someone has to get murdered before the law takes some real action.Thats what I mean!

Are you stating that repeat offenders don't have access to attorneys private or public funded???

Stop shooting from the Hip if you don't understand the message.

Cheers!

Posted on: 2009/11/16 14:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
MYBEAT wrote: Doesn't it just amaze you how all these so called felons are allowed to roam the streets at will? With all these felons on the streets, just who's behind bars???

First of all what does a felon look like? Do you think someone formerly convicted of a felony can't change? I can tell you they do. Or that they all were actually guilty when arrested? I can tell you a whole lot were not guilty. And there are a lot of folk arrested on misdemeanor charges behind bars because they can't afford a lawyer and/or bail. They make up the majority of revolving door statistics.

Posted on: 2009/11/16 14:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JRL wrote:
We can thank Healy and his administration, the criminals are very comfortable in Jersey City thanks to Healy and his crime policy, oh that;s right her does not have one. Change we can see....More Criminal Element in Jersey City.

Healy's just a Flea in the big picture scheme, you can thank all the limp wristed legistlatures who pass laws that favor the lowlife's of society and work against the victims!

I do agree that he's another empty suit and the fact that he was re-elected with huge crime stats, high taxes and crap quality of life issues in effect speaks volumes of the machine!

CHEERS!

Posted on: 2009/11/16 13:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
We can thank Healy and his administration, the criminals are very comfortable in Jersey City thanks to Healy and his crime policy, oh that;s right her does not have one. Change we can see....More Criminal Element in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2009/11/16 2:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Doesn't it just amaze you how all these so called felons are allowed to roam the streets at will?

With all these felons on the streets, just who's behind bars???

Posted on: 2009/11/15 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote: Seize murder suspect and credit witnesses Saturday, November 14, 2009 By MICHAELANGELO CONTE JOURNAL STAFF WRITER A Jersey City felon has been charged with the murder of a city man who was gunned down last weekend outside a Communipaw Avenue bar, officials said. Duran Williams, aka "D Nice," of Duncan Avenue, was arrested around 1:30 p.m. yesterday while standing beside a car on Gardner Street, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said. The 32-year-old is charged with murdering Sherod Saunders, 29, of Broadman Parkway, who died at the Jersey City Medical Center after being shot in the thigh at 1 a.m. last Saturday, DeFazio said. Detectives were able to identify Williams with the help of witnesses who told investigators that the gunman got out of a gold-colored car near BG's Tavern on Communipaw Avenue, DeFazio said. He fired a number of rounds, with one bullet going through one of Saunders' thighs and then passing through the lower portion of his other leg, DeFazio said. Hudson County Superior Court Judge Kevin Callahan set Williams' bail at $750,000 cash only. Williams was in prison from Jan. 18 to Aug. 2, 2002, and again from Aug. 13, to Oct. 8, 2003, on convictions for taking motor vehicles without permission, state corrections officials said. DeFazio congratulated both his homicide detectives and Jersey City police for making the arrest.

Posted on: 2009/11/15 3:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
..died after being shot in the thigh outside a tavern early Saturday morning ...near where the victim was standing on Communipaw Avenue near Harrison Avenue...

View Larger Map I know Crown Fried Chicken is right there but I guess this went down at that little "hole in the wall" dive near Grand.
View Larger Map

Posted on: 2009/11/8 22:44

Shooting Death Just Half-Block from JCPD West District
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City man killed by gunshot to thigh

[posted by "The Jersey Journal," November 8, 2009, 12:59 p.m.]

A 29-year-old Jersey City man died after being shot in the thigh outside a tavern early Saturday morning, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said today.

Sherod Saunders, 29, of Broadman Parkway died at Jersey City Medical Center after single 9-mm bullet past through both his thighs, at around 1 a.m.

After interviewing several witnesses, investigators believe that the shooter got out of a gold colored car near where the victim was standing on Communipaw Avenue near Harrison Avenue.

The shooter opened fire at Saunders with a semiautomatic weapon, DeFazio said. Several shell casing were found near the scene.

"Apparently there was no confrontation or argument," DeFazio said. "The motive has not been established but it does not appear to be robbery."

The gunman then fled the car driven by a woman that went east on Communipaw Avenue and then turned onto Park Street.

Anybody with information is asked to contact the homicide unit at (201) 915-1345.

- Charles Hack

Posted on: 2009/11/8 19:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017