Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
18 user(s) are online (13 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 18

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: NBC Medical Drama "Mercy" filming in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
This week's episode featured a St. Patrick's Day street fair outside of Lucky Sevens, lunchtime scene in Helen's Pizza, and a daytime scene inside LITM.

Posted on: 2010/3/18 16:08
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:
I love the show! I work at night so I catch the episodes on Hulu.com. I was driving to work down Coles a few weeks ago when I saw the street was closed off and a big balloon arch of orange, green, and white balloons. I automatically thought that they were filming the St. Patrick's day episode of Mercy. Can't wait to watch it!

Well when the thought came to mind were you right or was it just another St Patrick's Day decoration ? Or will the next episode you can't wait to watch reveal the deal ?

Posted on: 2010/3/18 14:15
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I love the show! I work at night so I catch the episodes on Hulu.com. I was driving to work down Coles a few weeks ago when I saw the street was closed off and a big balloon arch of orange, green, and white balloons. I automatically thought that they were filming the St. Patrick's day episode of Mercy. Can't wait to watch it!

Posted on: 2010/3/18 3:56
Print Top

Re: Mercy
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
‘Mercy’ sets up shop in local area

Photo by Jennifer Vazquez

By Jennifer Vazquez / Reporter

(March 18, 2010) — Two local towns were recently thrust in front of the spotlight as settings for “Mercy,” an NBC network drama.

On Thursday, March 11, Lyndhurst and Rutherford were bustling with movie technicians, producers, actors, lighting and staging trucks.

The actors filmed a scene in an apartment building in Lyndhurst, right on Ridge Road. Passersby could witness the huge trucks set up outside and a designated snack table for the cast and crew.

However, the chance of actually seeing a scene being shot was quickly dashed when a huge and heavy black tarp blocked the entrance of the apartment building, forbidding anyone to see the true happenings of the “silver screen.”

While the show was being filmed in Lyndhurst, similar action was taking place at the mini-mart on Park Avenue in Rutherford.

There, art directors and assistants were setting up fictional brand-name products and posting prices on windows, doors and walls to have the store ready for its close up.

The Elks Lodge in Rutherford opened its doors to the cast and crew as a place where they could get their make-up done, get into their wardrobe or just relax until they were called.

At the Elks, those involved with the show also dined, courtesy of the show’s union caterers, according to Elks Lodge Trustee Rich Rovito.

“They were here from 2 p.m. to about 12 a.m.,” Rovito explained. “I would say there was about 100 to 125 people. The crew came in between scenes. They would eat, change clothes. They also had BBQs on the field.”

Rovito went on to explain that he met with the shows location assistant on Tuesday, March 9.

The Elks Lodge proved to be what the show needed in terms of a staging area. The lodge has a handicap ramp, which proved useful when the crew was wheeling in heavy equipment, according to Rovito.

The social hall was used as the dining area.

“We were convenient,” Rovito said. “The lodge proved a place where the crew could come in and come out quick.”

This is not the first time that “Mercy” has shot in Rutherford, according to the borough clerk’s office.

The production company is required to file for permits every time they film on location.

“Mercy,” a primetime drama about nurses in the fictional Mercy Hospital based in Jersey City also shoots its hospital interior scenes in the unused Barnert Memorial Hospital located in Paterson.

Locals are eagerly awaiting the chance to see the local area on television.

Posted on: 2010/3/18 3:03
Print Top

Re: Mercy
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
One of my old co-workers is on the production team - she got me to watch it from the start. I don't think I would have paid any attention to it if it were not for her - just another hospital drama - and on early at 8-9pm Wednesdays. I LOVE the show!! Fantastic storyline and very well done. I was happy to hear that it was 'picked up' again for more another season ( so was my friend - she loves her job). Plus it is fun to see most of the outside shots done right in our neighborhoods here.

Posted on: 2010/2/23 18:32
Print Top

Mercy
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I love Mercy. It's not quite Jersey City in every scene. For instance, their hilltop hospital is downtown. Does anyone else watch it?

Posted on: 2010/2/23 16:16
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FGJCNJ1970 wrote:
Does anyone know how much money Jersey City makes per episode?

The reason I am asking is that given our current sad state of affairs, I really really hope Jersey City is getting paid big bucks from NBC for this "HIT".

Every time they do their movie shoots around town, it totally takes up valuable and costly Jersey City resources.

- Parking authority has to go around posting no parking notices. Then they ticket and tow anybody still in the way.

- JCPD then has to be on the set too. When they last shot at Lucky 7's mid January, I kid you not, there were like 5 cops across the street in front of the Bakery just hanging out chit chatting. There was another cop over on Jersey Ave and 2nd also just hanging out.

I really think cops can be doing something better like perhaps - hmmm- crime fighting?

I think they have to have permits. If so, I would seriously suggest that the city greatly increase movie shoot fees.

FG

I don't know what the permit fee is anymore but it wasn't that much a few years ago. Basically, you don't want a fee that is so high that people won't film here. Any money to be made from these productions are by the cooperating citizens. For instance Lucky 7's gets a location fee everytime they shoot there. Same for private homes etc. Even if they want to just hang a fake sign in a store window for an hour they will pay that store owner something. The cops are paid by the production company and it ain't cheap! The city increased the number of required cops a few years back from 1 to like 6 or 8. It's a way to out-source overtime.

Posted on: 2010/2/1 12:34
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

FGJCNJ1970 wrote:

The reason I am asking is that given our current sad state of affairs, I really really hope Jersey City is getting paid big bucks from NBC for this "HIT".

Every time they do their movie shoots around town, it totally takes up valuable and costly Jersey City resources.

- Parking authority has to go around posting no parking notices. Then they ticket and tow anybody still in the way.

- JCPD then has to be on the set too. When they last shot at Lucky 7's mid January, I kid you not, there were like 5 cops across the street in front of the Bakery just hanging out chit chatting. There was another cop over on Jersey Ave and 2nd also just hanging out.

I really think cops can be doing something better like perhaps - hmmm- crime fighting?

I think they have to have permits. If so, I would seriously suggest that the city greatly increase movie shoot fees.

FG

First, the police used for movies sets are working overtime, paid for by the studio/production company. Actually, one could argue that when a movie is shooting, there are more cops available should an emergency occur.

Second, and I don't mean to be confrontational, although it may come out that way. You suggest "greatly" increasing movie permits, but you have no idea how much they currently cost, or when the last increase was. If this is really a concern to you call the someone at city hall to answer these questions.

Production companies bring money to communities, from cups of coffee and emergency nails at a hardware store, to hotel rooms, although with JC being so close to manhattan the benefits are probably lower than shoots in other locations.

Posted on: 2010/2/1 12:34
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

FG

Posted on: 2010/2/1 11:41
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

MICHELLE TRACHTENBERG HAS 'MERCY' & 'GOSSIP GIRL'

Copyright 2010 Myles Aronowitz / NBC

On "Gossip Girl," Michelle Trachtenberg plays Upper Eastsider Georgina Sparks, a college dropout who would never deign to cross the New York border into New Jersey; but on "Mercy," she plays down-to-earth Chloe Payne, a nursing school graduate who has joined the staff at Mercy Hospital in Jersey City, New Jersey and is finding her way in her chosen career.

ET spoke to the former "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" star about her contrasting roles and to find out if Georgina will be back to wreak more havoc in Blair Waldorf's (Leighton Meester) life.

ET: Any chance that Georgina will be returning to "Gossip Girl"?

Michelle Trachtenberg: She will be back very soon.
ET: Didn't she drop out of NYU? How will she come back?
Michelle Trachtenberg: You saw in a later episode that she left of her own accord. She did her naughty business and then she went away. She will definitely be back to seek repercussions for being sent away with a fake prince. There is going to be a scandal. Other than that I can't say too much.

ET: Ok, on to "Mercy." There were several medical shows that launched this year. What do you think it is about yours that captured viewer's interest?

Michelle Trachtenberg: I think because it portrays three women that are very realistic, who are everyday women you could meet on the street. It also deals with real-life events that aren't glamorized. We are portraying men and women who save lives everyday. I think that inspires admiration. Also, the fact that we shoot in Jersey -- [these are] all good elements to the show.

ET: Is being in New Jersey a big adjustment for you?

Michelle Trachtenberg: I am from New York so I am very familiar with the East Coast. I don't stay in New Jersey for more than the filming. I live in Manhattan.
ET: [jokes] I didn't think people from Manhattan went into New Jersey?

Michelle Trachtenberg: Not so much, but I am from Brooklyn, so I have been there and done that. But Jersey is conducive to our filming.

ET: James Van Der Beek is joining the cast. Is he going to be a hot doctor?

Michelle Trachtenberg: Well, he is a hot, young guy and he is going to be playing a doctor, so one can assume.

ET: How do you like being the newbie nurse?

Michelle Trachtenberg: I think it brings an element that the audience can really relate to. You are discovering things with Chloe. Veronica (Taylor Schilling) and Sonia (Jaime Lee Kirchner) are a little more hardened; they have experienced a lot more. So, when you are seeing things through the eyes of Chloe, she is seeing it along with the audience and I think that is a good match.

ET: Did you shadow a nurse before starting this job, or do you just work with the on-set medical advisor?

Michelle Trachtenberg: It is really just on the set. If I had a crash course in nursing school, I probably wouldn't remember half of it because it is not my chosen field. But I am definitely grateful for our medical experts.
"Mercy" airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m. on NBC. "Gossip Girl" will return with new episodes on March 8 on The CW.

Posted on: 2010/2/1 9:02
Print Top

Re: What was going on over by Lucky 7's today
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, just window dressing @ Abbey's...but I think it looks way nicer and I wish it was a real Italian restaurant - lol

Same thing with Lucky 7's they dressed it up a bit too, made it more of an Irish pub - I think it looks great with the Irish flags & a fresh coat of Kelly Green paint on the door.

Posted on: 2010/1/19 9:17
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
So Abbey's isn't really gone? That was just window dressing?

Posted on: 2010/1/19 8:46
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
I thought it might be for Mercy but I didn't want to assume it. It seemed to me that there was an awful lot of curb space being reserved for the shoot. There were construction cones blocking the street-parking all around the surrounding blocks.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 23:41
Print Top

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Definitely filming Mercy. They also turned Abbey's into a cute little Italian restaurant decorated for Valentine's Day (or so it seemed).

Posted on: 2010/1/18 23:36
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Coles St b/w 2nd and 3rd were blocked off. They were definitely filming. I thought it was for Mercy.

BTW-- I REALLY like this show and I don't get into prime-time dramas easily. I think this show has a chance.

Anyone else?

Posted on: 2010/1/18 23:07
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
They often film scenes for NBC's "Mercy" around there, so that may have been it. Signs had been posted as of Saturday night outside Lucky's.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 22:44
Print Top

What was going on over by Lucky 7's today
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Tried to go to Lucky 7's this afternoon around 5pm but there was no place to park because something was being filmed and all the parking in the area was taken over by red construction cones. Does anybody know what was going on?

Posted on: 2010/1/18 22:36
Print Top

Re: Fri 1/8 2pm – big crew filming at JC/Marion Broadway/Van Wagen any info???
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
it's Mercy.

one of the characters has an apartment in that building. they will be returning there every so often to film scenes of the character in her new condo.

Posted on: 2010/1/9 1:09
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mmmcoffee wrote:
I have a note posted on my building that I'm not going to be able to park anywhere in the vicinity of my building from 3pm-2am and to call the production crew to be told where a lot will be provided. My question is- what happens if I don't move my car? Will I get a ticket? I don't see any "no parking" notices on any poles on the street but I also haven't gone out yet today and am just looking from my window.

Once in Brooklyn they cleared the streets for a policeman's funeral that I had no idea was going to happen. I thought it was stolen when I went two days later. They towed it to a school parking lot. Maybe if people don't move they'll tow it to the provided lot. Just a guess.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 19:47
Print Top

Re: Fri 1/8 2pm
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Read the signs that's posted, it said what movie was being filmed. I saw it the other day but forgot.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 17:08
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Carolina's Lavanderia
Group:
Registered Users
I got one of those a few months ago. I asked the crew in the morning what was going on, they said they expect to finish earlier than expected and we could park once they were leaving. They had reserved the street until 8pm but they were gone by the time I got home from work.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 17:08
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mmmcoffee wrote:
I have a note posted on my building that I'm not going to be able to park anywhere in the vicinity of my building from 3pm-2am and to call the production crew to be told where a lot will be provided. My question is- what happens if I don't move my car? Will I get a ticket? I don't see any "no parking" notices on any poles on the street but I also haven't gone out yet today and am just looking from my window.

One of the old episodes was filmed at lucky 7's (adjacent to my old building). There were 3 HUGE crew trucks and they even had their own food vendor. There was equipment/wardrobe and other film-making paraphernalia everywhere. There's no way we would have been able to get out once all of this was in place. Do yourself a favor and use the lot they are providing.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 17:04
Print Top

Fri 1/8 2pm – big crew filming at JC/Marion Broadway/Van Wagen any info???
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Just passed the area huge trucks on either side of the street. Looks like they are shooting in a new condo/apt building on the corner.

Stopped my car and asked what was going on they wouldn’t tell me..dam Hollywood types!!

Does anyone know? Maybe Mercy? Odd place, no JC character just a plain new building!!

Worst place in the world to do something like that especially on a Friday afternoon. Schools (PS #23) out at 3pm ...rush hour traffic there is the worst in JC. Takes 15 minutes just to get up the hill.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 14:24
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mmmcoffee wrote:

Call the Parking Auth. (201) 653-6969 or J.C. Div. of Traffic (201) 547-4470. You can also call the district police station in your area.

Posted on: 2010/1/8 14:10
Print Top

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/1/8 14:03
Print Top

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have contact information for the location scouts for Mercy? I searched the thread and only saw the JC film permit office contact.

I'm looking for a phone number or email for the Mercy scout contacts.

Posted on: 2009/12/8 9:06
Print Top

Hide User information
Group:
Banned
Talk about having no taste

Posted on: 2009/12/7 23:42
Print Top

Re: School 5 is 'Mercy' hospital
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image
Mercy. Show Some.

NYPress
Mark Peikert

- I have to confess something: My favorite new drama of the season is NBC’s Mercy.

What’s that? You’ve never heard of it? I’m not surprised. NBC, still in freefall, hasn’t really bothered to publicize the show (no subway cars filled with ads like ABC purchased for its Wednesday night comedy block), and while the commercials for Mercy feature the always welcome “Dog Days Are Over” from Florence and the Machine, you won’t have seen it unless you watch NBC (which, as we all know, is a tall order).

But Mercy deserves more than its likely one-season run. A brisk and entertaining take on the medical drama, Mercy follows Iraq War vet Veronica (Taylor Schilling) as she struggles to recover from PTSD while picking up her life in Jersey City as a nurse, alongside colleagues Chloe (Michelle Trachtenberg) and Sonia (Jaime Lee Kirchner). Complicating matters, her lover from Iraq (James Tupper) has shown up at the hospital, signed contract in hand, as the newest doctor, even as Veronica tries to repair her marriage to her lunkhead husband.

Somehow, through some magical alchemy, the show actually manages to be more interesting than that summary makes it sound.

Mercy almost prides itself on its blue-collar feel: Veronica’s family are all hard-drinking Irish firefighters who look as if they could actually live and work in Jersey and go tail-gating on weekends; Chloe falls into an affair with a married firefighter; Sonia starts dating a smart-ass cop who gives her a cactus. And more importantly, there’s a marked aversion to filling up screen time with outlandish Case-of-the-Week stories, in which rare diseases strike patients down. There are some oddball cases (a girl who is actually a boy, for instance), but they’re played with tongue-in-cheek realism, not for sensationalism.

This is as close as TV gets to portraying the real lives of working class people, not a comedic exaggeration like The Middle or some far-fetched fairy tale version like the cops on Castle. Mercy is as no-nonsense as Veronica herself, even if it—like her—occasionally indulges in melodrama. What a shame that no one is paying any attention, because Schilling and company deserve mountains of praise for finding the gritty humor in the lives of people who are usually romanticized beyond all recognition.

Photo courtesy of NBC.com.

Posted on: 2009/12/7 18:16
Print Top

School 5 is 'Mercy' hospital
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Group:
Registered Users
Cameras on nurses
School 5 is 'Mercy' hospital

Friday, October 23, 2009
By CLAIRE MOSES
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City is the backdrop of NBC's newest medical drama series "Mercy."

The show was picked up by NBC in August for 13 episodes and revolves around the careers and lives of its three main characters, nurses Veronica Flanagan Callahan, Sonia Jimenez and Chloe Payne.

The pilot was shot in Jersey City in April. The show premiered on Sept. 23 and the seventh episode is currently being shot.

"Mercy" airs on Wednesdays at 8 p.m. Three locations in Jersey City were used for a recent episode: School 5, Riverview-Fisk Park, and the interior of a private home on Second Street.

School 5, on Merseles Street, is the fictitious Mercy Hospital. When the crew is filming there, streets are blocked off and some of the exits of the school are shut.

"It gets very crowded," said school bus driver Betty Robles. "It's very difficult to maneuver these buses."

It usually takes seven to eight days to film one episode, with two days spent on location.

For every shoot, the show must apply for a permit from Jersey City. The application for a permit costs $250, city spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said.

Other Jersey City locations where the show is being shot include Lucky 7 Bar, Basic Cafe and Roberte Clemente Park, Morrill said.

The Jersey City locations are mostly used for exterior shots, while most of the show is taped in Secaucus.

Email to a friend Send To A Friend Print this! Print This
Reddit Reddit Digg Digg del.icio.us del.icio.us Google Google Yahoo Yahoo Facebook Facebook

Posted on: 2009/10/23 8:47
Print Top

Re: NBC DESTROYS ART INSTALLATION BY LOCAL ARTISTS
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Tomorrow morning on 2nd and Merseles.

Posted on: 2009/10/11 15:17
Print Top