Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

Re: VERIZON FIOS
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 15:56
Group:
Banned
I signed up for FIOS last week received no less then 3 confirmations that they would be coming Saturday morning, only to have them never show up at all. And I was sitting next to my phone the entire time. A complete and total waste of time. At least I cleaned out one of my closets I guess.

Posted on: 2009/10/26 14:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/6 23:09
Group:
Banned
Pooper.... I haven't really had any experience with that. Advanced tech support isn't really my area of expertise. Send me an email and give me some more details of what you are trying to accomplish. markmorin@verizon.net

If you are having repeated internet drops tech support will either replace the router or reprogram it to transmit wireless on a particular channel.

Posted on: 2009/10/25 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 16:14
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Mark, have you had any experience with forcing firmware upgrades on the router? Any luck in doing this for people who have had repeated connection drops?

Posted on: 2009/10/23 17:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Wow, looks like I missed a lot.

I_Heart_JC - I appologize again for taking so long .... now I know that the PM exists, awesome.

Verizon 888 number tips

For Technical Support - 888-553-1555

keep hitting Zero. dont put in your phone number

you will either get a person saying they'd like to direct you to the right department
(if this happens... you'll say "Residential FiOS Tech Support in NJ"... dont bother giving them your number)

OR

FiOS technical support

You'll have a tech support person in 2 minutes or less.

As far as billing and customer service goes.... skip the 888 number

908-717-5402 Local Business office 8am-8pm.

The number above puts you at the front of the queue.
--------------------------

For those who mentioned an internet outage -

Before calling tech support. Unplug the power to your router and plug it back in. let it reset. see if this fixes it. if this has happened more than once or twice... you need to get a new router sent to you by tech support... follow the directions above for that.

-------------------

Please email me if you have any questions, issues, etc. markmorin@verizon.net

Posted on: 2009/10/23 17:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you, Mark, for calling. I did eventually get in touch with someone in repairs, and she did a factory reboot. Problem solved.

Verizon provides great service, once you get the right person on the phone. Wading through the automated voice-prompts requires the patience of a stone.

(Thanks for the tips on that front, too.)

Posted on: 2009/10/22 20:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
We've had is just over 2 months and in that time I've lost internet twice, and both times I just rebooted the modem and it started all right back up again. Cable has never gone down... although the DVR has spontaneously rebooted itself once or twice while navigating menus.

Still a better track record than Comcast... and a lot more to watch.

Mark.

Posted on: 2009/10/22 14:09
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

pooper wrote:
Mine has been solid for 5 months now. Not one outage.

Do you lose cable and internet or just one of them? Might need a replacement box. If it's both, either the coax or fibre likely needs replacing.

We don't have FIOS TV, just internet and the router seems OK. Most likely the ONT is bad according to FIOS support.

Posted on: 2009/10/22 4:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

longtimeJC wrote:
Do others have the same trouble with Fios? No good if it is fast but not reliable and not working half the time.

The last time it was down was closer to a month ago, not two weeks as stated in my previous post. At that time the FIOS tech said the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) might have to be replaced, so we may give that a try. FIOS is reliable, but hardware does fail.

Posted on: 2009/10/22 4:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Mine has been solid for 5 months now. Not one outage.

Do you lose cable and internet or just one of them? Might need a replacement box. If it's both, either the coax or fibre likely needs replacing.

Posted on: 2009/10/22 2:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/14 14:47
Group:
Registered Users
Do others have the same trouble with Fios? No good if it is fast but not reliable and not working half the time.

Posted on: 2009/10/21 23:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I_heart_JC wrote:
Hi Mark. Could you please take a break from recruiting and answer the PM this Existing customer sent you about the FiOS service that keeps dropping out?

Thanks.

Our FIOS drops out every few weeks or so. We have to call and convince the tech to do a reset on their end. This morning the FIOS was down, and the tech was adamant that the problem was on our end. Wrong. After they did a reset it was back up.

Posted on: 2009/10/21 16:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/22 6:01
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Mark. Could you please take a break from recruiting and answer the PM this Existing customer sent you about the FiOS service that keeps dropping out?

Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/10/20 1:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:
I have a question. Will FIOS be coming to Princeton Ave. near Pearsall Ave. in the near future?
View Larger Map
Pearsall is newly Active, I just Signed someone up there yesterday. Email me with your exact address so I can check it in the system... the website availability checker is wrong A LOT. verizonfiosguy@gmail.com Mark

Posted on: 2009/10/2 16:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Amy wrote:
I just had my annual "talk me down from the ledge" argument with Comcast. I got the flier in the mail telling me (but not saying in so many words) that my $109.99 Triple Play promotion is ending and the normal price for my package is $157.20, but since I'm such a loyal customer, I get a $35 credit. I had gotten the $109.99 deal with an extra 60 channels or something last year, when I called to complain that my rate was going up from $99 to $119.99. At the time, I said, "Can't I just have my old channels and pay $99 instead of getting 60 extra channels and paying $10 more? It doesn't work that way. This year they gave me $114.99 with the original channels that I had two years ago.

I hate the annual argument where I threaten to switch to Fios but never do. I'm sure Fios pulls the same stunt where they raise your rate by a ridiculous 11 percent. But that being said, if my apt. building is wired for Fios, what's involved in installing it? I see they have much better deals on their Web site.

Amy,
Shoot me an email directly so we can come up with an exact price.... the pricing online is National rates which are actually $10 more a month... There are also a lot of non advertised promos that you won't get signing up online.

verizonfiosguy@gmail.com

How many TVs do you have?
How many cable boxes?
DVR?'
Premiums?
Do you NEED the phone?

Thanks,
Mark

Posted on: 2009/10/2 16:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
Unfortunately, if you live on the odd numbered house side of Wayne (near barrow)... we're pretty much SOL on any hope of getting FIOS.

Mark has been very helpful with me in attempting to get us service, but even though the street has been lined with fiber for nearly the past year, engineering won't let us draw off of those lines (as all new condos or new installations have been for years).

Instead they are saying they will somehow miraculously gain access to my backyard to string some fiber up on the telephone pole that is falling down (pretty much a 45 degree angle) with wires and boxes dangling all over the place. And all of this by November? . .. haha. . perhaps they meant November 2011 when they finally come to the realization that they will need to wire directly from the street.

Ha.. yeah, I bet their really gonna get involved with that disaster. I guess they'll need to spool the fiber through my f'n living room in order to gain access to the pole.

Very dissappointing to say the least as I've been waiting for fios for at least 3-4 years now.

So if you have an odd numbered house on Wayne -- probably from the 50s to the 70s ... hope you still enjoy your Comcast.

Posted on: 2009/10/2 15:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
markmorin wrote: I work for the FiOS Solutions team. For customized pricing and answers on your specific questions please email or call me verizonfiosguy@gmail.com or 201-792-3467 I live right in the neighborhood so if you have concerns about how the installation will be done at your location, I can show you what will be done. Already have FiOS? Sign up for the referral program and get up to $1800 off your bill for referring friends and neighbors. Register Here: referafriend.verizon.com Then have you friends contact me to sign up! verizonfiosguy@gmail.com or 201-792-3467
I have a question. Will FIOS be coming to Princeton Ave. near Pearsall Ave. in the near future?
View Larger Map

Posted on: 2009/10/2 7:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
I just had my annual "talk me down from the ledge" argument with Comcast. I got the flier in the mail telling me (but not saying in so many words) that my $109.99 Triple Play promotion is ending and the normal price for my package is $157.20, but since I'm such a loyal customer, I get a $35 credit. I had gotten the $109.99 deal with an extra 60 channels or something last year, when I called to complain that my rate was going up from $99 to $119.99. At the time, I said, "Can't I just have my old channels and pay $99 instead of getting 60 extra channels and paying $10 more? It doesn't work that way. This year they gave me $114.99 with the original channels that I had two years ago.

I hate the annual argument where I threaten to switch to Fios but never do. I'm sure Fios pulls the same stunt where they raise your rate by a ridiculous 11 percent. But that being said, if my apt. building is wired for Fios, what's involved in installing it? I see they have much better deals on their Web site.

Posted on: 2009/10/1 20:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
I asked a technician "are you going to remove all the copper once you switch everyone over to FIOS?" He said they plan to sell of the copper network to another company that will provide discount service of telephone and DSL over the old system. The copper is simply to expensive to maintain and that FIOS is virtually maintenance free.

Posted on: 2009/8/26 0:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I tried to tell him that when i knocked on his door today to sign him up, there is no use arguing with him... all the things that would be benefits he finds a way to say that it doesn't matter.

if you paid $80 a month for internet and tv would you be complaining that there is no competition price wise? no.

Cablevision for example has been forced to drop their pants because fios is available. in a neighborhood where verizon offers service cablevisions average triple play runs about 125 a month or less. in an areas where their customers dont have a choice you will see people paying 170-200 a month.

the fact is that 100% digital picture is better than 20% digital picture

25Mbps dedicated bandwidth is faster than 12Mbps with Powerboost (the industry calls powerboost the biggest sham in broadband)

120 HD channels vs 60 HD channels

and 90% of the time, you pay less with FiOS than anyone else.

#1 in consumer reports
#1 in JD power.
etc
etc
etc.

Posted on: 2009/8/26 0:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Apples and elephants as far as the SMS charges are concerned.

FIOS entering the market has brought broadband prices down in our area. It has also forced Comcast to upgrade broadband and DOCSIS. Your non-competition argument is bunk. You just have a bone to pick.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 23:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

pooper wrote:
I'm confused.

Comcast has had a monopoly for decades and you yell at Verizon for introducing competition? You use bittorrent and don't think that downloads are relevant? FIOS massively increased the upstream over Comcast and your not happy with that either?

And the competition has totally brought prices down.

So, wha?!

These prices are down? look at broadband prices worldwide and get back to us. Multiple providers doesn't mean competition when there's price collusion. Just look at the current situation for text message prices that's getting some press, they are all charging the same $.20 for something that costs them virtually nothing in bandwidth.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 22:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I work for the FiOS Solutions team.

For customized pricing and answers on your specific questions please email or call me

verizonfiosguy@gmail.com or 201-792-3467

I live right in the neighborhood so if you have concerns about how the installation will be done at your location, I can show you what will be done.

Already have FiOS? Sign up for the referral program and get up to $1800 off your bill for referring friends and neighbors.

Register Here:
referafriend.verizon.com

Then have you friends contact me to sign up!
verizonfiosguy@gmail.com or 201-792-3467

Posted on: 2009/8/25 22:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I'm confused.

Comcast has had a monopoly for decades and you yell at Verizon for introducing competition? You use bittorrent and don't think that downloads are relevant? FIOS massively increased the upstream over Comcast and your not happy with that either?

And the competition has totally brought prices down.

So, wha?!

Posted on: 2009/8/25 21:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
They're ringing bells & signing up people on 7th. I gave them an earful of what I thought about their noncompetitive industry, how they & comcast are using the digital rollout the way the record industry did with CD's to permanently raise prices. The download speed is irrelevant for most users (same as with their PC's), most servers won't feed you anywhere near as fast as you can download as is.

If it wasn't for the kids wanting to watch their Nick, I'd cancel the cable altogether and go with digital broadcast, Hulu and bittorrent.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/9 13:46
From Intersection of Venerated @ Ensconced
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
To resolve a problem I have had with my Verizon DSL I had a repair technician out today. He said that it looks like there is nothing to stop me from getting Fios, but web site says I am not eligible yet. After making a call they said that there was an error on the database. They corrected it and said I can get Fios whenever I like...

Based on this news, I phoned Verizon a half hour ago...

If you're tracking... For 3rd St., WEST of Jersey Ave, the tenative date for FIOS installation is August 31st. We should be able to place an order after that. Fingers crossed!

Too bad,... I was kind of hoping that HD FIOS TV would be available for the U.S. Open (Tennis Channel) this year.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 19:15
"Dogs are our link to paradise." - Milan Kundera

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/29 4:12
Group:
Banned
Quote:

matt07302 wrote:
To resolve a problem I have had with my Verizon DSL I had a repair technician out today. He said that it looks like there is nothing to stop me from getting Fios, but web site says I am not eligible yet. After making a call they said that there was an error on the database. They corrected it and said I can get Fios whenever I like. NICE. Hamilton park area.

Be VERY careful with the Verizon "TV" availability - they are trying to con people into buying bundles with Direct TV and Verizon DSL, even though the user who enters their address/phone number is specifically inquiring about FiOS availability.

Make sure before switching over that what you're getting is actually FiOS, and NOT DirectTV/VDSL in disguise.

Creeps.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/29 18:51
Group:
Registered Users
To resolve a problem I have had with my Verizon DSL I had a repair technician out today. He said that it looks like there is nothing to stop me from getting Fios, but web site says I am not eligible yet. After making a call they said that there was an error on the database. They corrected it and said I can get Fios whenever I like. NICE. Hamilton park area.

Posted on: 2009/8/25 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/7 0:45
Group:
Registered Users
There were some Verizon guys on the block a month ago working on FIOS. However, they did not know when FIOS would be available.

Posted on: 2009/8/21 0:55

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/26 20:59
From 240 Newark Avenue
Group:
Registered Users
I just ran the same test with my fios and got 25.77Mbs download and 22.7Mbs upload... I'm pretty happy with the service. They also just added a ton of free NBC VOD content a few days ago.

Mark.

Posted on: 2009/8/20 11:50
www.JerseyCityMusic.com
-----------------

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/9 22:52
Group:
Registered Users