Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
95 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 95

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

Re: Opening at The Regent at Liberty Harbor

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/12 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
no the poster just has a vested interest in saying that because she makes her living off this place. Quote:

bill wrote:
Quote:

mlm6815 wrote: I have personally toured many other sites, ie. Pier House, Sugar House, Trump, 77 Hudson, et. all. and the construction materials, high end appliances, amenities and neighborhood at Liberty Harbor Development surpass these other properties.

Are you kidding me?

Posted on: 2009/9/19 19:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/19 14:04
Group:
Registered Users
I've been biting my tongue with these Liberty Harbor posts, but if I bite any harder, my tongue's going to fall off.

Unless you were paid by/related to/friends with the developer, I'm not sure why you would make such bold and inaccurate statements.

I've also "personally toured many other sites, ie. Pier House, Sugar House, Trump, 77 Hudson," et al.

Sugar House offers Viking appliances and historical charm! 77 Hudson offers true luxury amenities! Trump has concierges that do more than simply listen to their iPods all day! And most have reputable property management teams! Plus, let's not forget those buildings offer a view.

The Sutton claims to be the "Dream Worth Living," but at the end of the day, you get what you'd get at any run of the mill condo building... only here you can tack on an inept management team and a developer who still controls the condo board.

I will give you that Liberty Harbor's construction quality appears decent in the sales office and the units do have some modern bells and whistles, but as people who live in Liberty Harbor (renters and homeowners alike) can attest, it's disappointingly subpar and isn't holding up to the test of time... especially for the price. Unfortunately, the guinea pigs who bought the sales pitches "hook, line, and sinker" had to find out the hard way.

As for the rentals, they did it backwards. The amenities aren't finished... and now some of the promised amenities that helped close many a sale simply aren't happening. The refrigerators aren't full-sized. And if you're taller than 6 ft, make sure you step inside the shower stall before you sign a lease... you may be too tall to shower in your own apartment at the Zenith. A month ago, burly movers who have seen it all were hesitant to move people into the Regent because wires were hanging from the ceiling and the floors and walls were unfinished.

The wires have since been tucked, but neither the Regent nor the Zenith are completely finished. The Zenith has been open just shy of a year. You'd think the management team would offer concessions, but it has not. Granted, this is a new construction development, but gimme a break. Don't open up if you aren't ready.

Again, I will give you that the Liberty Harbor units look nice from the outside. But just like your mama told you... it's what's on the inside that counts.

Posted on: 2009/9/19 2:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mlm6815 wrote: I have personally toured many other sites, ie. Pier House, Sugar House, Trump, 77 Hudson, et. all. and the construction materials, high end appliances, amenities and neighborhood at Liberty Harbor Development surpass these other properties.

Are you kidding me?

Posted on: 2009/9/18 19:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/18 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Pool is opening this weekend!

Posted on: 2009/9/18 19:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/24 15:23
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for your addition of the complete article. Your opinion is a minority one as regards Liberty Harbor.

The majority of homeowners at Liberty Harbor are thrilled with their new homes and the quality of workmanship.

The development is a wonderful addition to Jersey City. I have personally toured many other sites, ie. Pier House, Sugar House, Trump, 77 Hudson, et. all. and the construction materials, high end appliances, amenities and neighborhood at Liberty Harbor Development surpass these other properties.

Unfortunately your conclusions rregarding the effects of "nonpayment" to the contractors or trades is not accurate.

The State of New Jersey requires a New Home Warranty for new construction. This typically is 10 years in New Jersey.

Please see the following website for details:

http://www.state.nj.us/dca/codes/newh ... ranty/pdf/2008_nhw_pg.pdf

The homeowners and renters have nothing to worry about regarding the quality of construction.

Posted on: 2009/9/18 19:10

Re: Fire Alarms at Liberty Harbor's Zenith
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately, I live in the Regent, and the same thing happens here. We don't have them as often but from we had one last weekend, and the fire company never came. Disturbing? Yes. Not unusual for living in the parallel universe of LH, however.

Posted on: 2009/9/18 14:58

Fire Alarms at Liberty Harbor's Zenith

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/2 13:06
Group:
Registered Users
Hi All! I am new to Jersey City and moved into Liberty Harbor's Zenith building. I really like the apartment, minus the obnoxious beer garden noise, but I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the fire alarm always going off? My first day moved in and the fire alarm went off and when I went downstairs a couple residents told me this happens on a pretty consistent basis. Last night the fire alarm strobe lights went off and the fire trucks came, but there was no actual sounding of the fire alarm. Someone told me the building is having so many problems with the fire alarm (around 20 false alarms including some late night ones in the past 6 months) that management has taken to shutting off the actual sound because so many residents were complaining. Does anyone know if this is true?

I am quite concerned that first, I am living in a building where the fire alarm goes off that often, and second, that management would endanger residents by shutting it off instead of correcting the problem.

Does anybody know about this?

Posted on: 2009/9/18 13:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 2:35
Group:
Registered Users
I heard the pool will be open in 3 weeks. No ETA on the parking garage.

Posted on: 2009/9/4 5:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
The gym opened yesterday. No parking garage yet, but the outdoor lot is open. No pool.

Did property management give you a window on the garage and pool? Good to hear the gym is open for you guys over there.

Reason I'm asking is because they are 9 months late on some of the promises that were made for the Zenith.

Posted on: 2009/9/3 20:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/16 19:10
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
The gym opened yesterday. No parking garage yet, but the outdoor lot is open. No pool.

Posted on: 2009/9/3 19:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
How's the progress over there? Is the garage, pool, and gym completed?

Posted on: 2009/9/3 19:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I was wondering if anyone ran into this problem with this building or any other rental building. The Regent requires that the managment company be on the renters insurance policy. My Insurance company refuses to put managment companies on the policy. Are their ways around this or do you have to go with an insurance company that will allow this?

Posted on: 2009/8/26 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Not a good sign:

Developer is being sued for millions in unpaid bills

Thursday, August 20, 2009

By AMY SARA CLARK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Two contractors are suing mega-developer Peter Mocco for $3 million he owes them for work done at Downtown Jersey City's Liberty Harbor, a third says he's planning on filing a suit today, and a fourth says Mocco owed him so much money that his construction company went bankrupt.

A fifth contractor, who didn't want his name publicized because he still hopes to be paid, said Mocco owes him more than $100,000.

All five contractors say Mocco, a former North Bergen mayor, paid them on time at first, but then started making only partial payments until the checks stopped coming altogether.

"He's a crook," said Gerry Fiore, who owns Three Generations Plumbing and is the contractor suing Mocco for $3 million. "If you try to talk to him he comes up with an excuse that the bank hasn't paid him. . It's just one story after another."

Liberty Harbor, an 80-acre mixed-use project opposite Jersey City Medical Center, will ultimately include 10,000 residential units, 4 million square feet of office space, and 250,000 square feet of retail space.

Prices range from $350,000 for 600-square-foot one-bedrooms to $899,000 for a 2,200 square-foot three-bedroom, three-bath duplex.

Rentals range from $1,482 for studios to $3,500 for three-bedrooms, according to area real estate agents.

Reached by phone, Mocco, who also served two terms as a Hudson County freeholder, didn't deny owing the money.

Asked why he hasn't paid, Mocco said he wasn't going to "defame any particular contractor," but implied he had problems with the contractors' work.

"Liberty (Harbor) is demanding and if someone has problems with the standards we set - that's the way we operate. Other than that I really can't comment," he said.

Mocco also refused to comment when asked why he continued to work with the contractors if he was unsatisfied - Fiore, for example, has been on the job for 21/2 years.

Fiore said he did most of the plumbing work on some 200 brownstones and townhouses built during the first phase as well as the plumbing on an 8-story condo building at 9 Regent St. Fiore currently is working on the nine-story 30 Regent St., and said he doesn't want to give Mocco the opportunity to accuse him of breach of contract.

J.R. Hasse, co-owner of the Lakewood based-A.J. Stairs, said his 28-year-old family business went bankrupt after Mocco failed to pay him $150,000 he is owed for supplying the majority of the stairs and railings for the first phase of the development.

"They promised payments, promised payments, but nothing ever happened," he said.

The fifth contractor, who didn't want to give his name, said that because he hasn't been paid by Mocco he's now in debt for supplies he used on 30 Regent St.

"People have been moved in since July 1 and are paying rent, and I have suppliers to pay," he said.

Lou Colella, of Arco Construction in West Caldwell, filed suit against Mocco last winter for $219,000 for roofing and fencing work, and Tom Reeder who owns Hampton-based Architectural Sheet Metal Work, says his attorney plans to file suit today for $50,000 he is owed.

"They make up excuses every time. It's been like that for years," said Reeder. "Once he had you in the family, then he started treating you like crap."

Both Reeder and Hasse said that after months of excuses, Mocco suddenly started finding problems with the work.

"You'd think if there are issues you would have heard about it during the course of the project," Hasse said. "We provided good quality products and suddenly it's, 'You guys screwed up two years ago, we're not going to pay you.' . But by then it was too late, we didn't have the money to pursue it."

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/jerse ... 50749531192690.xml&coll=3

Posted on: 2009/8/21 19:45
I live by the river.

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/15 20:06
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I know that our row of mailboxes doesn't always get shut/latched and it's the mail carrier who isn't doing it. I brought it to the attention of the concierge and she stated that she had notified the mail carrier previously about not getting it latched.

Posted on: 2009/8/20 6:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 2:35
Group:
Registered Users
Question for everyone in 30 Regent.

Is anyone having mail issues ?

I haven't received mail in like 2 weeks and random people are handing me my mail which tells me the mailman isn't the brightest bulb in the pack. I already filled out the forward address form with the post office awhile ago so I know that's not the issue.

I never thought I'd be happy just to see a bill.

Posted on: 2009/8/20 3:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Um ok. Thanks for the insight. However, I don't think your
snide comment was warranted. PM was very vague about what was going into that space when we moved in.

Posted on: 2009/8/18 20:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Does no one bother researching the places they are moving to? The parking lot to the west of the Regent is staying where it is until the parking garage and retail complex is built. A small building and very small green space is planned to the south of the Regent. The only park planned for north of the light rail line is already built between the Zenith and Gulls Cove.

Posted on: 2009/8/18 19:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
True, but a girl can dream :)

Posted on: 2009/8/18 3:22

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The chances of getting any rent rebate because of unfulfilled amenities......pretty much zero.

Posted on: 2009/8/17 22:45

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
They aren't close to being done. I think they just started laying the deck this past week. The gym isn't close to being done either. They said itll be all done by Labor Day weekend though. So, who knows. Personally, I wish they would discount the months we don't have the gym in the building. It's part of the rent.

Posted on: 2009/8/17 16:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
I am moving in Sept. 1 to 30 Regent. How are the gym and pool coming along? Will the pool even open this year?

Posted on: 2009/8/17 16:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So true. Liberty Harbor needs more green space. Period. There's plenty of places they could put some more trees and plants. When I suggested this, I was told to go to Liberty State Park. Ha. Hopefully things will improve once the Regent is done (whenever that may be). We will see.

Posted on: 2009/8/17 16:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/17 18:22
Group:
Registered Users
And the "dog run" is a joke. They moved the "run" and it's still the same nasty mess. There are wires, nails, and dog poop among the stones in there. I was told the run was going to be much bigger than the last one. It's smaller if you ask me. It should be called a pen not a run.

Posted on: 2009/8/17 16:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
They are expanding the parking lot next to our building. Most likely for parking at the Beer Garden.

Posted on: 2009/8/17 14:34

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Where are the putting in a parking lot? I was told it was going to be green south of the building.

Posted on: 2009/8/17 14:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Is anyone else living in The Regent growing weary of the constant construction? I, for one, can't believe they are making a parking lot where they said they would be putting in a park. Unless I have the location wrong, that is. Anyone have any insight?

Posted on: 2009/8/17 13:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/27 18:50
Group:
Registered Users
it's still a bit of a construction zone. the lobby is unfinished along with the pool, gym and laundry room.

has anyone tried to fight them on some kind of credit regarding the lack of unfinished amenities?

Posted on: 2009/7/28 19:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/23 0:39
Group:
Registered Users
Hello-

I am supposed to be moving into the Regent on August 23rd and have been guaranteed by both some lady in the management office as well as the sales office that I will be able to. I even asked them what happens if it is not ready, and they were adamant that they have to meet their deadlines, etc.

To me when I saw the place, it looked nice. I currently am at Windsor at Liberty House and this place is a joke. Very basic and not worth the money what-so-ever.

So my question is, what is everyone's general consensus of the Regent? It seems like it is headed in the right direction, just were a little lagged with permits etc.

Thoughts?

Posted on: 2009/7/23 1:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am not in the Zenith, I am in the Regent. If I'm not happy here in the next year I can move. With the real estate market being what it is, you can't so I get your anger. And I was HOMELESS FOR 28 days. I lived out of a suitcase for a total of 6 weeks in my in-laws. You wanna talk about sacrifice? Move in with your in-laws in your mid-30's and get back to me.

I think that is nothing to laugh about, but thanks for making it seem so trivial.

Quote:

el3628a wrote:
A) i own a part of this building so I should be informed of what goes on in this building. And yes I have been extremely nice just wait till they have you in there hook line and sinker. Ask the residents of Zenith how happy you are and how many leases have been broken in the last month. And oh wow you were 28 days late, My building wasn't in move in condition untill 11 MONTHS after promised. So good for you, you're presistant, just wait until you find out the truth. So don't assume I'm not polite and wait until your maintenance issues aren't solved then i'll be laughing at you. I'm not the only one who has been flat out lied to, take a poll, oh you can't in Zenith, most of the tenants have moved out.

Quote:

JCGirl09 wrote:
[quote]
el3628a wrote:
Great management is letting you stay for free in the building that I own part of without informing us. But get ready for property management because as other people living in Liberty Harbor will tell you they lie constantly, ignore you, don't maintain security, don't take legitimate complaints seriously and think everyone is just a wining first time home owner as an excuse for their shoddy construction. Oh and keep calling and emailing them, they'll pass you off each time to someone different and then ignore you all together or tell you that the living conditions are fine because they had the same problems in Poland 30 years ago and to live with it.

Whoa, whoa....I was supposed to move into the Regent on June 1....so them placing me in the Sutton on June 26 (which if you can add, was 26 days late on their promised delivery date) was the least they can do. It's not my fault you bought into a building you are obviously unhappy in. I have had no problems since moving in, and if I do have a maintenance issue, it is solved the next day. Maybe because I have manners and treat PM with respect. They are obviously overworked and stressed with the situation at the Regent.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/3 23:45
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HobokenRefugee wrote:
Ah yes, the good old bait and switch by Mike and Dara. Don't believe a word those two hucksters say because the prices are indeed negotiable. If they aren't, look elsewhere downtown since everyone else is working on the prices.

I don't know who Mike & Dara are, but my brother went to sign a lease at this place, got through reading most of the paperwork and realized that they had shown him one apartment and had the paperwork drawn up for a different unit. There was a big difference in size, ~100sq feet or more. Of course if they wanted the "bigger" unit (i.e. the one they were actually shown on their tour) they would have to pay more. A true bait & switch if i ever heard of one...

Anyway, they walked away and have signed a lease elsewhere, but fair warning to all, watch out for these clowns...

Posted on: 2009/7/22 12:22

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017