Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
148 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 148

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Dear Mayor, City Councilwoman Viola Richardson and Police Department?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
Let's say it like it is...Healy and Richardson don't care, they have been in office long enough to be effective. They are failures when it comes to fighting crime. The shame of it is the dumb ass people of Jersey City keep voting for Team Healy. When you have Healy and Comey saying in press conferences after police officers were shot, that the streets of Jersey City are still safe, you must realize that they are clueless.

Posted on: 2009/9/9 4:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/14 15:59
From 07304
Group:
Registered Users
Hi concerned-citizen,
there is a neighborhood watch in the area and if you'd like to join, you can email lafayetteblockwatch@comcast.net
Also, there are cameras slated to go into the area as part of the UEZ CCTV program. We have requested cameras at the Dr. Lena Edwards Park, and at the Morris Canal Redevelopment meeting last week, the Captain said he requested even more than just having cameras there, that it would be one of the places that gets put into police cars so that they can monitor the park no matter where they are in the district, which would be great.
Councilwoman Richardson also showed up at the meeting and agreed to work on better lighting situations there and to get signs posted regarding the closing time, no drinking, and dogs must be leashed. So please let us know when you see those go in.
I love that you are calling attention to the issue, and encourage you to continue to do so. The squeaky wheel, ya know.
Please also consider attending the Captain's meetings that happen once a month at the school on Bright Street (Sep 22 this month) and there is a Ward F meeting at the Mary Bethune center on MLK Sep 22 as well.
Thank you for caring about our neighborhood.

Posted on: 2009/9/8 15:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
Yes. He got their attention and that was his intent. I like that. He took action.

Quote:

Iwitness wrote:
Quote:

JCNewJersey wrote:
If you are not a senior citizen living near MLK, Viola does not know you exist. She does nothing for Ward F except show up for gratuitous photo oportunities. She's a hack.

What do you think of Bruce Alston? I think he should have run for Council.

Really? Even after the Barclay's Protest publicity stunt?

Posted on: 2009/9/7 11:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/11 13:47
Group:
Registered Users
ErinMaiden --

I will bring it to the attention of the City Council next week.

In the meantime, ErinMaiden and everyone out there -- keep your eyes on the parks when you are walking or driving by. If you see something out of the ordinary, call it in to the police. If you get no response, post it here. Let the City know we are watching how they react to threats to our community.

Concerned-Citizen

Posted on: 2009/9/7 5:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
Concerned citizen, you raise some very good points, but i truly hope you're not just writing that letter here. Send it to the paper, send it to the mayor, send it to your ridiculous council person. Read it aloud at the next community meeting. Thats what its going to take to bring the issue to light. Good luck. keep talking until someone listens.

Posted on: 2009/9/4 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/29 4:12
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCNewJersey wrote:
If you are not a senior citizen living near MLK, Viola does not know you exist. She does nothing for Ward F except show up for gratuitous photo oportunities. She's a hack.

Really? Even after the Barclay's Protest publicity stunt?

Posted on: 2009/9/4 12:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/7 16:42
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/9/4 12:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The problem with crime at the park on Johnston has increased recently. The fact that it is summertime is a factor to consider but the lack of any substantial preventive policing effort from officials running the City has something more do with the increase.

Why has Viola Richardson not spoken out about this?

The Mayor?

The Police Chief?

What is this doing to our city as we try to make it better? Why are these crimes being swept under the rug? So that we don't scare development away?

The tournament-style community basketball game took place during the early evening on a Tuesday as the PGA Tour was setting up shop a mile or so away. Many people were there, most well-intentioned. The crime was committed by passers-by, the bad element on the fringe, not by the people involved in the game. In my view, a police presence at the basketball game would have created a perfect opportunity for the police to build trust within the community by being a positive presence at the game by acting as a deterrent to that bad element, rather than a negative force coming in when something bad happens.

Perhaps a police presence could have prevented the more severe shooting the next week. Perhaps the shooter would have thought to himself that this park is too risky to shoot someone, the cops are always around.

There are no cameras that I am aware but maybe they could help.

I come home from work late and sometimes see police patrolling in the area, but have also seen people hanging out in the park too late. People hanging out in a park too late creates problems.

I read in a post a woman complaining, rightfully so, that a man was sleeping in a children's playground at Van Vorst Park. Maybe it seems harmless to let a homeless man sleep in the playground. But what if this person uses drugs and hasn't paid his bill. Suddenly, there's a shooting and someone is dead or wounded when this crime could have been prevented.

Don't our parks close? Can't our police force and our government identify problem parks and make sure they get patrolled more often.

Liberty State Park closes at 10PM and is barricaded by the New Jersey State Patrol and Park Police.

What else can be done? Give your opinions.

Concerned-Citizen

Posted on: 2009/9/4 6:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/25 2:12
Group:
Banned
I'm surprised that username was available.

Are there police cameras in that neighborhood? I've been noticing more of them around downtown lately, but mostly they just look like traffic cameras (see the confluence of Newark, Monmouth, and Second for example). I'm not sure if they've been there for a while or if I just hadn't noticed them. I'm usually against indiscriminate surveillance system deployments (see recent studies on the sheer ineffectiveness of cameras in the UK - 1 crime solved per 1,000 installed cameras), but who knows.

Is this a reoccurring problem in the summertime in that area, or are the problems you're talking about new? From what I understand of the neighborhood and have seen over the past five years or so, it might just be "congenital", so to speak, of the area for this to happen every now and then.

Posted on: 2009/9/4 4:48

Dear Mayor, City Councilwoman Viola Richardson and Police Department?

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Why is there no substanial police presence at the park on the corner of Johnston and Pine Street?

We've had two shootings in the last two weeks at this park. One of which was not reported. The man that was shot in the head early Tuesday morning we heard about, but what about the shooting that occured last week during a neighborhood basketball game? A large number of the neighborhood turned out to watch the game, a dj was present, food vendors, refs, etc. when a car drove by and fired shots into the crowd. No police were present at this game, a perfect opportunity for them to be there to show their commitment to the community by keeping the gangs and bad element away. Councilwoman Viola wasn't there, no one was there, except for families with their kids. Luckily no one was seriously hurt and this event was quietly swept under the rug.

But look what happens... the next week a man is shot in the head.

WAKE UP JC GOVERNMENT! WAKE UP JERSEY JOURNAL!

We cannot tolerate this escalation of violence. Good people are trying to live in this community, raise families in this community, improve their propery in this community.

Let's clean up this park!

Concerned-Citizen

Posted on: 2009/9/4 3:36

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017