Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: It's time the Big Media Outlets did some heavy duty investigative reporting on JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
At the same time, this could be an extraordinary point in time opportunity that hasn't existed in a very long time. As traditional media grapples with how to transition to new media models and new media struggles to make money, a new model is likely to emerge. It seems to me an alliance between a national/regional independent (non-corporate) content provider (not mere aggregators) and local sources, with affiliations to specialized providers for things such as national sports, weather, style, etc. could work well.

You would have the flexibility of being multi-media, since many of these sources already exist in several forms, and the advantage of bringing them to the consumer all in one bundle. Over time, I could see this model evolving into a platform that would allow for customization - you could have several choices for primary provider of each category of "news", while perhaps still retaining access to a limited array of other providers.

Posted on: 2009/8/3 14:52

Re: It's time the Big Media Outlets did some heavy duty investigative reporting on JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Wow. I never thought that we can probably blame the media for negligent reporting. Limited desire for follow through and being true reporters. But you are right. Television news magazine shows likely would find this corruption ring and the fraud going on in this city too much work. I challenge them. We as citizens deserve to walk to the permit offices and not be manipulated to wait 5 hours to be seen as a 'hint' to next time drop off an envelope, or have code violations attached to new homes because a builder paid off the right people to expedite a certificate of occupancy, or a mystery person approach homeowners who are having difficulty getting their permits approved and state $1500 could help his friend in the permit offices speed things along....

To think we all build a sweat, not because we are installing a new bathroom and need to deal with many-a-shady contractor...but instead we build a sweat knowing we'll have to deal with a corrupt government office. And come to think of it, the good contractors with integrity probably don't want to pay off the city so they don't do work in this area or the great ones will charge a hefty price because they deserve it if they are putting up with all this crap. It's a vicious cycle. I'm so tired of it. I just truly wish the media would crack this muthah f*ckah right open! Give me a Lisa Ling!

Posted on: 2009/8/3 14:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Back in May, the Senate Commerce Committee held a hearing on the future of media. David Simon, creator of The Wire was one of the witnesses - and he made some excellent points. Video of his testimony is here: http://www.democracynow.org/2009/5/7/ ... _creator_of_acclaimed_hbo

What I find most telling about the clip is that you have to go to Democracy Now to find it. Traditional (big corporate) media will never convey this message and they control the lion's share of traditional media outlets in the country. The next ten years are going to be very dismal for the media industry as further consolidation ensues within the corporate media and messages get lost in the "new media" as the greater proliferation of sources causes the news to become even more diffused. Sadly, it's likely to get worse - much worse - before it gets better.

My favorite quote from Simon in his testimony: The day I run into a Huffington Post reporter at a Baltimore zoning board hearing is the day that I will be confident that we've actually reached some sort of equilibrium. You know, the next 10 or 15 years in this country are going to be a halcyon era for state and local political corruption. It is going to be one of the great times to be a corrupt politician, all right?

Full transcript of Simon's prepared remarks can be found here: http://www.reclaimthemedia.org/journa ... tor_david_simon_testi0719

Posted on: 2009/8/3 14:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
How many STOP signs are there around and near city hall ?

I LOVE STREET ART, BUT DON'T SEE ENOUGH OF IT !

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/8/2 20:43
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
dontstealmyrocks wrote:
If you think about it there are inumeral ways to possibly milk the cow (Jersey City).

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/8/2 19:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/8/2 18:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Rumor has it that Healy has already had a meeting with city dept. heads to inform city workers NOT TO TALK TO the press about the Fed. sweep mess and to refer reporters to City Hall.

I'll call this...Jersey City Gate.

Look into the money trail...

There could be other ways to launder money.

The double dipping, maybe someones getting a kickback from that?
The VERY high rents being paid in several city depts. (Kickback?)
Abatements. (kickback)
Capitol improvements (kickbacks?)

If you think about it there are inumeral ways to possibly milk the cow (Jersey City).

Posted on: 2009/8/2 18:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
That's the thing.

Sure, Jack Shaw's health was bad, and he was under a lot of pressure. My condolences to his family and friends.

History shows that around these parts certain people sure do die at certain times.

Posted on: 2009/8/2 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
True icecute.

As I said in a previous post:

Something tells me the Healy team is "happy as hell" Shaw is out of the picture.

From the FBI:

"After defendant Beldini and JC Official 4 left, while outside the luncheonette, defendant Shaw told the CW that ?everybody? (to include defendant Beldini and JC Official 4) was as ?happy as hell.? Thereafter, defendant Shaw accepted $10,000 in cash from the CW to structure as political contributions to JC Official 4 as facilitated by defendant Beldini.?

These low life's need to pay!

icechute wrote:
Quote:
I was at the council meeting last Tuesday morning and to witness all the council members, aside from Fulop, vote to keep Vega seated was, though not all that surprising, disappointing.

They know full well that by standing with Vega, they are hedging their bets that he won't turn on them when and if he starts talking to the Feds.

So far, we know of only one of the 44 that was about to start talking, and they buried him this past week.[/quote]

Posted on: 2009/8/2 17:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:
I was at the council meeting last Tuesday morning and to witness all the council members, aside from Fulop, vote to keep Vega seated was, though not all that surprising, disappointing.

They know full well that by standing with Vega, they are hedging their bets that he won't turn on them when and if he starts talking to the Feds.

So far, we know of only one of the 44 that was about to start talking, and they buried him this past week.

Posted on: 2009/8/2 17:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I truly hope we have reporters who meet with walls of silence, recognize that and when they do a news story about it they talk about all the layers of this wall. Do a story on that! Just keep doing stories on this sad corruption. I am certain there are reporters out there willing to stick to a story this big.

Posted on: 2009/8/2 17:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/10 19:14
Group:
Registered Users
Vigilante is right.

You know as well as I do that most if not all of the seated members know that Vega's name is now forever tarnished and most likely guilty of some very bad deeds. However, they also know if they talk or voted with Fulop it could come back to haunt them. Let's face it Vega knows a lot and he won't forget who sided with him through these tough, embarrassing times.

We have to keep the pressure on. August 4th should be a big turnout with more media present.

Believe me, Corzine hears the rumblings loud and clear and from a political perspective needs to oust these low-lives to have a chance at keeping his butt in the seat.

Just look what is happening in Ridgewood, NJ right now. Corzine is trying to distance himself from the dirty politicos all over NJ and Vegas on up to Healy are no exception. Sure, Healy may be a Corzine friend but when a Governership is at stake that will sink as fast as Healy downinig yet another pint of Irish ale.

Vigilante wrote:
It seems that there are too many eyes and ears in City Hall, The JCPD etc. that would tip off any targets of investigation. Only the Feds can truly crack this city wide open and they are battling constantly to keep information out of the wrong hands. The Feds didn't even tip off the NJ State Attorney General that they were making a move against the 44 arrested last week. She can claim they did but she's just covering her ass. There is no office or office holder in this state that can be trusted with keeping their mouths shut and so the Feds moved ahead covertly. Any reporter would be met with a wall of silence or a shrug of ignorance. I am fine with the Feds doing their work and bringing our elected officials back to Newark in chains.[/quote]

Posted on: 2009/8/2 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
It seems that there are too many eyes and ears in City Hall, The JCPD etc. that would tip off any targets of investigation. Only the Feds can truly crack this city wide open and they are battling constantly to keep information out of the wrong hands. The Feds didn't even tip off the NJ State Attorney General that they were making a move against the 44 arrested last week. She can claim they did but she's just covering her ass. There is no office or office holder in this state that can be trusted with keeping their mouths shut and so the Feds moved ahead covertly. Any reporter would be met with a wall of silence or a shrug of ignorance. I am fine with the Feds doing their work and bringing our elected officials back to Newark in chains.

Posted on: 2009/8/2 16:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
We need these guys....

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/8/2 16:36

It's time the Big Media Outlets did some heavy duty investigative reporting on JC
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
I wish we could do a shout out to the Dateline's of the world and they'd do a news story on the corruption in Jersey City. I don't know anyone who hasn't been effected in some way or another by the corruption or has their own personal experience of encountering pay off's etc. With this recent news coverage, you'd hope some news show would be all over this...even BBC! C'mon, someone!

Isn't it time a large news outlet busted this city wide open even further? We deserve television attention of this topic! How can Jersey City hide when we have a say, 3 part series about the corruption on Dateline or any other investigative reporting news magazine?

How can we encourage this to happen? Whoever reports on this will find out how deeply corrupt this city truly is and we deserve to have this so wide open it can't go back to the way it is.......any suggestions?

Posted on: 2009/8/2 16:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017