Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 20 »

Re: U.S.A. v. L. Harvey Smith and Richard Greene (Smith\'s aid)
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/26 17:52
From the best stuff on earth
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/7/26 16:44
My signature will be a funny quote and/or observation.

Re: U.S.A. v. L. Harvey Smith and Richard Greene (Smith\'s aid)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/19 20:14
Group:
Registered Users
(:Quote from criminal complaint:)
He?ll give you something now and you make the run off and he?ll
keep contributing to you, to your success.? The CW added, ?Run
off or you get elected, or both, I told [JC Official 1] I?ll do
the $5,000 now and then 5 after the run off and then after the
election, just don?t put my name anywhere or anything like that.?
Defendant HARVEY SMITH said, ?I can only put the name on the
check that is, who the check?s coming from.? JC Official 1 then
made clear to defendant HARVEY SMITH: ?There is no check. There
is no check. There is no check.? The CW stated, ?We don?t want
to have any conflicts . . .? Defendant HARVEY SMITH responded,
?I understand and that?s going to be difficult for me to deal
with.? The CW said, ?Deal with [JC Official 1] on it.? JC
Official 1 added to defendant HARVEY SMITH, ?That?s why we want
to make sure you go through [defendant] Rich [GREENE].? We have
to figure out a way that we put a contribution like that into,
um, we have to come up with checks, because . . . .? JC Official
1 said, ?We?ll deal with it.? At the conclusion of the meeting,
defendant HARVEY SMITH told the CW, ?I appreciate this
opportunity.?
8. As defendant HARVEY SMITH and the CW were leaving the
restaurant, the CW said, ?So, I?m going to handle everything
through [JC Official 1],? to which defendant HARVEY SMITH
replied, ?I understand.? The CW said, ?Just don?t put my name on
nothing,? to which defendant HARVEY SMITH again replied, ?I
understand.? The CW said, ?Just give me your word that your
going to expedite my stuff,? and defendant HARVEY SMITH said: ?I
don?t do quid pro quos. [JC Official 1] will tell you how I
operate,? and laughed.(:end Quote:)

To me this is proof of how developers do business in JC and they should be held accountable for facilitating in the corruption of our elected officials and those running for mayor

FOR EXAMPLE 110-111 first street and POWER HOUSE ARTS DISTRICT (PHAD)
With Healy and Vega as council members and Healy running for mayor, closed door deals were made which decided the fate of two historic buildings, and the entire PHAD ordinance.

PERFECT TIMING.
voting for historic designation, the PHAD ordinance, and the new mayor were all happening around the same time, this was the perfect oppertunity for a developer to offer a favor for a favor.

LAWSUTE LOST and LAWS CHANGED
The lawsute was lost because members of the board voted with EXPIRED TERMS. There was NO ACCOUNTABILITY for this. They could have re-enstated the expired term members and re voted but Healy just let it go. Can you guss why? Now the owner of 110-111 first street has his own personal zoning eliminating him from all the laws and restrictions of the PHAD ordinance.

CONTINUING LITIGATION
Now the condo owners in the PHAD are left to fight it out because other developers like TOLL BROTHERS want the same thing. I hope the feds are able to put 2 and 2 together to confirm that corruption was evident during and after the election of Mayor Healy.

MR HEALY, YOUR HANDS ARE DIRTY, the only way to clean them is to STEP DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE EVERYONE ATTEND THE CITY HALL MEETING AND SHOW YOUR CONCERN.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 15:55

Re: Several local politicians arrested on corruption charges
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
From the JJ:

Quote:
Making the arrest even more stunning was the tough stance Cammarano has taken against the corruption that is a hallmark of New Jersey politics.

"This administration has a clear-cut, zero tolerance policy against any violation of the public trust," Cammarano said on July 15, as he called for a political ally to step down after being arrested in a separate case.

"Should he refuse to resign, I am demanding that the city council president immediately being proceedings for his removal."

Skumbag.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

J_Downtown wrote:
Quote:

by T-Bird on 2009/7/26 0:25:54

Amen. It is a gift we've been given and it's an opportunity to step up and put words to action. It also could be a do-over, a chance to correct a horrible mistake that was made in May.

Back in May Mayor Healy was elected on the first ballot by a solid majority of the people that cared enough about Jersey City's future to actually vote. Unlike his two strongest competitors he hasn't been accused/indicted for any wrong doing.

Sorry to mess with the acoustics of this echo chamber but I think more people than you realize are going to be able to see through this political attack.

It was barely a majority, let alone a "solid" one. And those people weren't voting for Jersey City's future as much as their own. And are you sure Healy hasn't been accused of any wrong-doing? And doesn't he already have a criminal record?

You are your own echo chamber.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 15:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Yvonne Balcer was right long ago (The Schundler days) as I recall reading an article in the JJ she knew something was amiss with all these developers gaining access to the waterfront, (opposing the abatments) so easily and requested the feds to investigate but as I recall they had no comment at the time, and as nothing transpired up until now...

Manzo was very tight with McAnn, I had asked him a question one year when he was running for mayor on what position McAnn would have in his administration should he win?

Manzo turned BEET RED!

Yvonne, recently in my book, along with the officer that has sadly passed trying to protect this city and the many honest ones that continue to do so, you are one of my heroes.

I think you should run for something in this city, along with Shawn Connors & Fulop. Im sure there are more honest ones that would do a wonderful job for this great city.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 14:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/2 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
I'll pay Jerry H. $5 to kick me in the throat. I can write a check.
In all seriousness, I don't have deep pockets.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 14:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
If you look to the defendants right pocket, just below his contriving coniving snicker, there seems to possibly be the envelope stuffed with some of the procedes provided by CW through JC Official 1. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Maybe he stopped by on the way home from his meeting the CW? Nice.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 14:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/31 0:26
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone remember the story about Carl Czaplicki?

He sidestepped procedures and went directly before the planning board to get permission for construction on his house. He later sold the home for a nice piece of change.

I don't recall the details but I'm thinking they're all in bed.

Just another example of how they did business.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 14:21

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/29 19:49
Group:
Registered Users
Can someone please Photoshop that pic of Harvey Smith to include his prices.

His indictment will turn your stomach. He is a crook through and through and most likely calmed his own conscience with the fact that he was surrounded by others, above and below, doing just the same thing, all at our expense.

Someone mentioned earlier that this is all so sad when you think of how city services have suffered over the years as developers got big financial breaks and officials took bribes. Much of the money that would have come in would have filled our budget gaps, bought more police, more buses, better teacher salaries, etc. It's is so deeply disturbing and the powerlessness (a word?) I felt over the years watching and knowing something was going on is still there because there is nothing bad enough that could happen to this bunch of crooks.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 14:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mastique wrote:
Defendant HARVEY SMITH confirmed that what the CW needed the property "clean" for housing and schools. The CW agreed with defendant HARVEY SMITH and said that the development the CW proposed sought "the most restricted use," unlike commercial development. The CW said that the CW would not "build on a CEA property, I want NFA [referring to a No Further Action Letter]."

Harvey takes a stand (More adequete - Takes a Fall)

Resized Image

Jersey City mayoral candidate Harvey Smith stands across the street from the PPG Industries chromium-tainted 16-acre site along Garfield Avenue. Smith and about 50 community members and activists showed up outside the site Saturday afternoon to protest for 'environment justice' claiming PPG industries proposed cleanup plans are not enough, March 28, 2009. -- CONNER JAY / THE JERSEY JOURNAL

This is the same guy who took money from the developer for agreeing to help him with environmental and traffic concerns.

What a mensh. The activists he protested with should get together and egg his house.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 13:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

J_Downtown wrote:
Sorry to mess with the acoustics of this echo chamber but I think more people than you realize are going to be able to see through this political attack.

Political attack? Whatever motivated the timing and nature of the charges is beside the point. Mr. Vega et al. TOOK THE MONEY. No amount of martyrdom can change that fact. Healy was in the room and acknowledged the "mutually beneficial" nature of what was happening - he's admitted it. We shall see what that means, but I wouldn't exactly hold him up as clean here.

Gnome: you may come here to vent. I'll be at the council meeting.

I'll be at the meeting as well.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 13:19

U.S.A. v. L. Harvey Smith and Richard Greene (Smith's aid)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/30 3:40
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/7/26 12:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/7 14:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Back in May Mayor Healy was elected on the first ballot by a solid majority of the people that cared enough about Jersey City's future to actually vote. Unlike his two strongest competitors he hasn't been accused/indicted for any wrong doing.

Accused yes, indicted not yet. Not looking so good for your boy though. The acoustics of the chorus is loud and clear here and your "political attack" pity party isn't going to change a thing.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 12:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Defendant HARVEY SMITH confirmed that what the CW needed the property "clean" for housing and schools. The CW agreed with defendant HARVEY SMITH and said that the development the CW proposed sought "the most restricted use," unlike commercial development. The CW said that the CW would not "build on a CEA property, I want NFA [referring to a No Further Action Letter]."

Harvey takes a stand (More adequete - Takes a Fall)

Resized Image

Jersey City mayoral candidate Harvey Smith stands across the street from the PPG Industries chromium-tainted 16-acre site along Garfield Avenue. Smith and about 50 community members and activists showed up outside the site Saturday afternoon to protest for 'environment justice' claiming PPG industries proposed cleanup plans are not enough, March 28, 2009. -- CONNER JAY / THE JERSEY JOURNAL

Posted on: 2009/7/26 12:14

Healy on corruption charges
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/30 3:40
Group:
Banned
When Healy shot down Councilman Fulop's very modest pay-to-play and one city job - one salary proposals, it was beyond apparent that he is part of a cabal of corrupt Jersey City politicians.

It will only be a matter of time when his indicted Deputy Mayor and other "Team Healy" members, which there are plenty of, rat him out to seek lighter sentences. Even if that does not occur, then the door has been left wide open for the State, Feds and IRS to investigate his administration and other Hudson County dealings. In other words, there's plenty of low hanging fruit that is ripe for picking.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 12:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for your support and good looking out troop.

Resized Image

On or about May 6, 2009, JC Official 1, the Consultant and the CW met at a steakhouse in Weehawken, New Jersey. During this meeting, JC Official 1 asked the CW about the progress of anticipated real estate development projects. As to Garfield Avenue, the CW told JC Official 1 that ?I had my guys speak to the sellers on the Garfield Avenue, the DEP thing, and the DEP actually looked at the application, and they?re coming out, they said May 20, I have it down, I?ll tell you what . . . they said May 22nd. They?re doing a site inspection ? everything?s okay, then they sign off. You know, I asked [defendant HARVEY SMITH], but I don?t need him for that, so.? JC Official 1 said, ?Okay, good.? With respect to the $5,000 cash payment provided to defendant GREENE to be passed to defendant HARVEY SMITH in exchange for defendant HARVEY SMITH?S official action, JC Official 1 told the Consultant and the CW, ?I converted it. I

6 gave [defendant HARVEY SMITH] money orders.? JC Official 1 and the Consultant laughed. The CW asked, ?Money orders for five grand? . . . you just have to put different names I guess on it.? JC Official 1 replied, ?With money orders, you don?t have to put any names on it.?

18. On or about May 14, 2009, JC Official 1, the Consultant and the CW met at a diner in Jersey City, New Jersey. After the meeting, JC Official 1 and the CW continued to talk in the parking lot outside of the diner. JC Official 1 further explained to the CW how JC Official 1 converted the $5,000 corrupt payment to defendant HARVEY SMITH to money orders: ?I gave them to my niece and told her to pick up some money orders.? 19. On or about July 16, 2009, defendant HARVEY SMITH, JC Official 1, the Consultant, and the CW met at a diner in Jersey City. Before the Consultant arrived, JC Official 1 told defendant HARVEY SMITH: "We're doing a lot of projects, Harvey, throughout the State of New Jersey, alright. We're getting ready to do two nice ones in Bayonne okay, Hoboken, Carlstadt, [the CW interjected, ?Jersey City?], Jersey City, so we're all over the place, so we feel in some ways, we need to-- but we're into it now-- you being able to help us out while you're in office and everything else, whether it's the next six months that you, or four months or whatever it is, so that's why [the CW] wanted to reach out for you and let you know some of the things that we're doing and how you might be able to help us out, okay?" Defendant HARVEY SMITH nodded yes. JC Official 1 continued, "[W]e got the one property on Garfield Avenue," and defendant HARVEY SMITH asked, What's the name of the site?" The CW responded, "The owner is Garfield Avenue Associates." Defendant HARVEY SMITH said, "So you have, um, that project [referring to Garfield Avenue]?" JC Official 1 explained that the proposed project "was on contaminated soil" but that it had been "cleaned up." The CW further explained to defendant HARVEY SMITH: "There is a CEA in place ? classification exception area ? from DEP. They cleaned up whatever that classification area was, now I'm waiting for-- unrestricted NFA, and then I'll close hopefully in the next ten days, two weeks, so that's the plan on that." Defendant HARVEY SMITH asked JC Official 1, ?So, where's the-- so how can I help [the CW] with his--" JC Official 1 told defendant HARVEY SMITH that he could "help" by ?[w]ell basically when we do get the approval to go ahead, you know, that is part of your district, and we'd just like your support on it also, okay. I mean that's a big, big plus, because we know we're going to run into some opposition on the other side from your other girlfriend?" to which Defendant HARVEY SMITH replied by asking JC Official 1 if he was referring to a certain Jersey City Councilwoman, and JC 7 Official 1 said, "Yes." JC Official 1 continued that, ?on that site [the CW] wants to put four towers of 23 stories each, so it's a big, big project. . ." The CW interjected, "780 units combined," and JC Official 1 continued on telling defendant HARVEY SMITH, "Just to let you know also we have, we have met with the mayor on it, we have met with [a State of New Jersey official] on it.? Defendant HARVEY SMITH asked, ?You haven't met with [the Jersey City Councilwoman]?? and was told that they had not. JC Official 1 went on to explain regarding the Garfield project, "We're looking to put in a mixed use. . . with a pre-school, a daycare center, [the CW interjected, "affordable housing. . . Section 8 housing], affordable housing. . . [the CW] is willing to work with the community." Defendant HARVEY SMITH was told by the CW that the CW also had "met with [Jersey City council president], and [the council president] promised [the CW] his support for the zone change and whatever else [the CW] need[ed] for the site." Defendant HARVEY SMITH asked, "And you think the only opposition is going to be from [a Jersey City Councilwoman]?" and JC Official 1 told defendant HARVEY SMITH said that he expected her to "go along with it." Defendant HARVEY SMITH was told by the CW, "Right now, the DEP is the first thing, I guess." JC Official 1 said, "Once we get past the DEP. . ." Defendant HARVEY SMITH confirmed that what the CW needed the property "clean" for housing and schools. The CW agreed with defendant HARVEY SMITH and said that the development the CW proposed sought "the most restricted use," unlike commercial development. The CW said that the CW would not "build on a CEA property, I want NFA [referring to a No Further Action Letter]."

Posted on: 2009/7/26 12:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

J_Downtown wrote:

Political attack? Whatever motivated the timing and nature of the charges is beside the point. Mr. Vega et al. TOOK THE MONEY. No amount of martyrdom can change that fact. Healy was in the room and acknowledged the "mutually beneficial" nature of what was happening - he's admitted it. We shall see what that means, but I wouldn't exactly hold him up as clean here.

Gnome: you may come here to vent. I'll be at the council meeting.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 5:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

J_Downtown wrote:
Quote:

Amen. It is a gift we've been given and it's an opportunity to step up and put words to action. It also could be a do-over, a chance to correct a horrible mistake that was made in May.

This online community of "open minded" individuals is going to crucify you for this one. YOu're totally right though, the people of Jersey City elected him. This is another reminder that although this forum is a great place to vent, it is definitely not a true representation of this city.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 5:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/8 1:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Posted on: 2009/7/26 4:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Amen. It is a gift we've been given and it's an opportunity to step up and put words to action. It also could be a do-over, a chance to correct a horrible mistake that was made in May. You don't get that chance often in life - let's not squander it. If you can, attend the council meeting. Encourage friends and neighbors to attend. Make sure the Healy 8 know their are consequences for their actions.

Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
I think the people of JC need to get angry and they need to get loud, like people did in Hoboken earlier today. If you can spare the time at all, I encourage you to go to the city council meeting Wednesday and make your feelings known. Residents bear a chunk of the blame in this, too. For too long, we've failed to hold our elected officials accountable, and they've become complacent in thinking they can get away with just about anything. We also returned these cretins to office. Yes, we. Sure, it's easy to say none of us voted for Healy's sorry ticket - but did any of us work to get out the vote or register people? What happened last week is a gift that shouldn't be squandered. We really need to capitalize on the momentum from the media spotlight and the shift in public sentiment for productive change - whether it's a recall effort or passage of tougher anti-graft laws. This is where I'm really looking to Mr. Fulop and Mr. Levin to step up and provide some leadership and organization. Whatever ideas you guys have, I think you'll find a much more receptive public and more than a handful of citizens willing to invest time and energy.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 4:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
I think the people of JC need to get angry and they need to get loud, like people did in Hoboken earlier today. If you can spare the time at all, I encourage you to go to the city council meeting Wednesday and make your feelings known. Residents bear a chunk of the blame in this, too. For too long, we've failed to hold our elected officials accountable, and they've become complacent in thinking they can get away with just about anything. We also returned these cretins to office. Yes, we. Sure, it's easy to say none of us voted for Healy's sorry ticket - but did any of us work to get out the vote or register people? What happened last week is a gift that shouldn't be squandered. We really need to capitalize on the momentum from the media spotlight and the shift in public sentiment for productive change - whether it's a recall effort or passage of tougher anti-graft laws. This is where I'm really looking to Mr. Fulop and Mr. Levin to step up and provide some leadership and organization. Whatever ideas you guys have, I think you'll find a much more receptive public and more than a handful of citizens willing to invest time and energy.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 4:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
from tomorrow's nyt - today some great ideas how to show our support for healy. July 26, 2009 Hoboken Mayor?s Fall From Reformer to Defendant By NATE SCHWEBER HOBOKEN, N.J. ? No one seemed to be home in the town house of Mayor Peter Cammarano III on Saturday as about 100 protesters chanted for him to step down. One of the demonstrators put a huge mock check on Mr. Cammarano?s front door and in the memo line wrote in big letters, ?To resign.?/ While Mr. Cammarano, one of several New Jersey public officials arrested in a sweeping federal corruption case last week, vowed the day after the arrests that he would do no such thing and denied all charges, the scene outside his home seemed to show how carefully cultivated political ambitions that began in childhood had been suddenly turned into the stuff of a vaudeville skit. As the city?s youngest mayor, and in office for less than a month, Mr. Cammarano had campaigned as a reformer and had aspirations that seemed to extend well beyond the boundaries of his small city. But some here see his arrest on charges of accepting $25,000 in bribes as another example of how his public persona is at odds with the facts of his life. ?He ain?t who he says he is; that?s the bottom line,? said Tom Bertoli, a political operative who has run several campaigns in Hudson County. Born in Wayne, N.J., Mr. Cammarano graduated from Boston University and moved to Hoboken while at Seton Hall University Law School. He joined a law firm, but his heart clearly was in politics. He was the city?s coordinator of the Kerry-Edwards campaign, and two years later was the state legal director in Senator Robert Menendez?s campaign. He was elected to Hoboken?s City Council in 2005. Three days before his arrest, Mr. Cammarano told Dawn Zimmer, whom he defeated in a runoff by just 161 votes, just how long his political ambitions had been with him. ?He said, ?I?ve been preparing for this since I was 11 years old,? ? said Ms. Zimmer, who is now the Council president and is in line to succeed him should he step down or be forced from office. ?His ambition is something you glean from Peter,? said Councilman David Mello, 39, who was sworn in to the Council on the same day as Mr. Cammarano. Mr. Cammarano had integrated himself into Hoboken?s community and seemed to be a devoted family man. He attended St. Ann?s Church each Sunday with his wife, Marita Erbeck, and their daughter, Abigail, said the Rev. Thomas A. Crangle, the church?s pastor. On Wednesday, his 32nd birthday, Mr. Cammarano volunteered at the parish?s annual feast. ?As far as what we know of him, he?s a great man, a great family man, a very faithful man,? Father Crangle said. Yet, in 1996, Mr. Cammarano was sued for failure to pay child support in Passaic County for a daughter he had with a high school girlfriend, who declined to comment for this article. If was not clear how or if the case was resolved, and Mr. Cammarano could not be reached for comment. ?His hidden family troubles were an example of just how little people in Hoboken truly knew about the guy,? said Perry Klaussen, who writes the blog Hoboken411.com. ?Shakespeare wouldn?t write this play because nobody would believe it.? Mr. Cammarano was a regular at the Malibu Diner, an always-open beacon of chrome, neon and over-easy eggs in the northern of this city of about 45,000. According to the criminal complaint against Mr. Cammarano, Michael Schaffer, a close associate, took three payments of $5,000 cash from a government witness, believed to be Solomon Dwek, an F.B.I. informant who was posing as a developer. Prosecutors said Mr. Schaffer, a commissioner on the North Hudson Utilities Authority, took an envelope with $10,000 cash on behalf of Mr. Cammarano in the parking lot of the Malibu Diner. Inside the diner, according to the complaint, Mr. Cammarano told the government?s witness, ?I promise you ... you?re going to be treated like a friend.? Mr. Cammarano?s rise began last year, when Hoboken faced a fiscal and government crisis. Mayor David Roberts and the City Council had failed to pass a budget. As a result, the state mandated a watch on Hoboken?s finances, a distinction that up to that point had been reserved mainly for rough-and-tumble municipalities like Camden, East Orange and Irvington. In the aftermath, Mr. Roberts declined to seek another term. Mr. Cammarano stepped up to run for the vacated seat and, with Mr. Robert?s endorsement, defeated Ms. Zimmer in a squeaker. He promised to curb corruption and quickly set about making a public show of his commitment. The week before his arrest, he issued a statement condemning Hoboken?s housing director, Hector Claveria, who had been arrested on bribery charges in a separate case. ?This administration has a clear-cut, zero-tolerance policy against any violation of the public trust,? Mr. Cammarano said on July 15, calling for Mr. Claveria to resign. In a statement on Saturday night, Gov. Jon S. Corzine, who had earlier called for the resignations of two assemblymen charged last week, said he would consider trying to oust elected officials ?serving under a cloud? if they refuse to leave on their own. ?If no such power exists, he?ll ask the Legislature to devise a law to ensure a public official is removed from office if they are officially charged with a public corruption crime,? the statement said. On Saturday, officials in Lumberton Township, N.J., voted to fire Assemblyman Daniel Van Pelt, one of those charged, from his position as township administrator, stripping him of his $90,000 salary. Officials decided to order an independent audit of their own finances, which Mr. Van Pelt supervised in his role as administrator. ?We have no evidence at this time that there?s anything wrong,? Mayor Michael Mansdoerfer said in a telephone interview. ?But we?d rather be safe than sorry.? Mr. Cammarano?s lawyer, Joseph Hayden, said his client, who is out on $100,000 bond, will plead not guilty. Mr. Cammarano went to work early on Friday and met with representatives from city departments, said Bill Campbell, a spokesman for the city. ?It?s business as usual here,? he said. ?It?s like any other day.? Julie Bosman contributed reporting.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 3:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

linky wrote:
He looks like Robert the Bruce's father in Braveheart. Did he fall or something?

Hilarious.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 2:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
Mariano Vega Flashback: Several years ago a group of county workers filed a complaint with the Hudson County Prosecutor alleging Vega had them brought to his Mercer Street home to do a paint job and repairs on county time. It was in the local paper and the Prosecutor dropped the case. Should be revisited.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 1:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I'd also like to know which other developers have done the same thing.

The list would be shorter if you asked what RE developer has never bribed a JC official.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 0:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Yvonne wrote:
When Solomon Dwek, also known as cooperating witness, was caught depositing $25 million, he made a deal with the FBI to catch elected officials. This means he has a history of coming to Hudson County and bribing our politicans. I would like to know who received money in the past.

I'd also like to know which other developers have done the same thing.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 0:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/25 23:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I still say either his wife gave him a beating for ruining their family or one of the relatives of the Deputy Mayor smacked him around for letting a 74 year old woman take the fall for him. I hope it was both.

Dont feel an ounce of pity for Leona, she would eat her own young. From stripper to political figure. Not to hard to figure out how she got there.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 0:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I still say either his wife gave him a beating for ruining their family or one of the relatives of the Deputy Mayor smacked him around for letting a 74 year old woman take the fall for him. I hope it was both.

Not looking good.

Resized Image
[/quote]

I hope you're right. He is deserving of both.

I just thought it was some rum blisters but it could be the stress.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 0:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/21 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
The meetings for JC were Brownstone Diner, and the lunchonette near the Beacon, and a diner in Bayonne.

Posted on: 2009/7/26 0:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Quote:

West wrote:
Quote:

linky wrote:
I know this is slightly off topic, but Healy looks TERRIBLE. Saw him last night on the news. His face is all busted up with some sort of rash, he has a big bandage on his face, and he's a disheveled mess. He looks like Robert the Bruce's father in Braveheart. Did he fall or something? Or maybe he's super stressed out over this scandal.

Not looking good.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/7/26 0:12

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10) 11 12 13 ... 20 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact