Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: NYTimes: From ‘Quiet and Sweet’ to Death at Gunman’s Side
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
Okay I thought we were going to start a separate thread for religion but really wibbit if you're a Buddhist.......never mind. I'll try to tell the truth with compassion.

This from Narada Thera
is Buddhism a religion?
It is neither a religion in the sense in which that word is commonly understood, for it is not "a system of faith and worship owing any allegiance to a supernatural being."
An understanding Buddhist gains inspiration from his noble personality and breathes deep his boundless compassion. He tries to follow the Buddha's noble example.

you are just replying with a quote from a cliffnote, how is that telling truth from compassion. And you do realize there are many many different forms of buddhism ?

anyway cant believe i am debating religion on the internet, please go back to your regularly scheduled flaming.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 23:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Okay I thought we were going to start a separate thread for religion but really wibbit if you're a Buddhist.......never mind. I'll try to tell the truth with compassion.

This from Narada Thera
is Buddhism a religion?
It is neither a religion in the sense in which that word is commonly understood, for it is not "a system of faith and worship owing any allegiance to a supernatural being."
An understanding Buddhist gains inspiration from his noble personality and breathes deep his boundless compassion. He tries to follow the Buddha's noble example.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 23:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
sheesh, wibbit. not very buddha-like of you.

ZING!

:(

Posted on: 2009/7/23 23:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
sheesh, wibbit. not very buddha-like of you.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 23:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
And before anyone brings up Buddhism that is a philosophy, they do NOT worship Buddha they try to emulate him.

i dont know what you are talking about, buddhism does not demand absolute faith nor require sacrifice on freedom of thoughts but it IS a religion. And as a buddhist i do worship buddha NOT trying to "emulate" him, and so are all the buddhist i know including my families.

You really dont need to drag out all your personal baggage to justify your position on the subject, noone cares. If your view is logical, people will support it. So far i dont think anyone has, think about that.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 22:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
JCNIGHT wrote: I also think it's shameful that people call you names for stateing your opinion.

Well thanks, but I consider the sources. They hide behind fictitious names. Not only do you all know my name but where I live. If I let little things like them bother me I would post anonymously. They also conveniently forget I worked in prisons and still consult in prisons all over the world. My ex-husband and father of my children is a muslim from Turkey and we named our children after stories in the Koran, which I've actually read. But hey, what do I know?

Posted on: 2009/7/23 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 11:11
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
I didn't bring up religion. NEWHEIGHTS post was trying to correlate Shakurs behavior to some sort of brainwashing Islamic education while incarcerated and alluded that MANY were made violent. He had no facts to back it up.

My view is that ALL religions are violent, currently and historically. And before anyone brings up Buddhism that is a philosophy, they do NOT worship Buddha they try to emulate him.

I agree with you 100% about religion, those are also my views. but..... in prison a violent form of islam is being taught. Period. I also think it's shameful that people call you names for stateing your opinion.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 21:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I didn't bring up religion. NEWHEIGHTS post was trying to correlate Shakurs behavior to some sort of brainwashing Islamic education while incarcerated and alluded that MANY were made violent. He had no facts to back it up. Now he included a link to mininova which if you read it says only that some islamic terrorists have been arrested and jailed NOT that thier views are being admired by other prisoners.

My view is that ALL religions are violent, currently and historically. And before anyone brings up Buddhism that is a philosophy, they do NOT worship Buddha they try to emulate him. Oh and please if you want to respond to the religion stuff we should start a new thread.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 21:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Here is some more info

PBS- doesnt get more liberal than this. even looks into the issue

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1015419

stats inc in this article

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1416712/posts

im still waiting for some shred of evidence that im making this stuff up...marybarr a rebuttal please. you are the newly appointed leader of the jokers on this board. please enlighten us with your knowledge of street scum and radical islamicism.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 21:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
and i want to add, you guys have gone way off subject bringing religion into it.....

Posted on: 2009/7/23 20:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
You did NOT give any examples of articles or research. I guess you think if you repeat a lie often enough folk will believe it?

Beg to differ. Somethings are not a written fact. I come from a family background that practices islam and i can tell you that a very violent form of this religion IS being taught in prisons not only across america but across the world. It just is, whether you find articles on it or not it has many islam leaders very worried. Might i also add that one of the solid purposes of prison in the US is rehabiltation. Beacuse of this, violent religion passes through the system, and upon release is a time bomb ready to go off.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 20:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
You did NOT give any examples of articles or research. I guess you think if you repeat a lie often enough folk will believe it?

Posted on: 2009/7/23 20:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
can anyone of you that disagree please show me one article that says the form of islam being tought in prison isn't militant? I gave you five and I could have given you a dozen more. I gave articles from fox new yes but also washington post. NYTimes wouldnt ever do an article about this because its not in there best interest.

sometimes it just is what it is. please look into a town called islamberg in upstate NY. the feds are watching it closely and are extremely concerned about this brand of militant islamicism being tought to black prisoners in the US prisons. Its a fact jackasses.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 20:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/7 13:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

And this girl's family, according to this article, were aware that she was running away with her criminal boyfriend once he was WANTED? What?!! And they gave them their car. OK. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, apparently. What a bunch of idiots. How much could they have possibly loved their daughter if they allowed her to run away with this guy, KNOWING that he was wanted for a criminal offense committed locally?

I'm almost speechless.

Maybe it's me--and I went back and re-read it, so I don't think it is me--but it's not clear from either of those articles that Anderson's family knew why they were leaving S.C. True, they willingly allowed them to use their car, but it seems as if they were in the dark about this guy being a suspect in the 11/08 robbery.

Now, given that they knew of his criminal past, SHOULD they have suspected something, especially since they were leaving town so abruptly? Absolutely, and they admitted that they, at some point, began to not feel quite right about him. But the thing is this: suspecting something and knowing something are different things. Not, mind you, that this means that they should've lent them their car; I certainly wouldn't have.

Mind you, I do believe that Anderson's family made some critical mistakes here. I do know, for instance, that if I had a child, and my child, even as an adult, began to date someone who'd been in prison for deliberate and maliciously violent crimes, I'd raise holy hell. I wouldn't be able to make my child end the relationship any more than Anderson's family was able to force her to end hers (remember, she was an adult), but yeah, everyone would know where I stood. (Hell, for the most part, you wouldn't even be able to bring somebody like that into my home!)

And, to everyone: Can we PLEASE stop acting as if marybarr was trying to justify Anderson's behavior or absolve her of her involvement in any of this? I didn't see that at all, and frankly, I think that the only reason some of you ARE seeing that is to satisfy your own dishonorable intentions (and you know who you are). She was just pointing out that some people, especially young people, just get caught up, for whatever reason, in someone else, and they lose their way. And guess what? That happens to quite a few people. Some grow out of it if given the opportunity, some never do, and some are never given enough time to see the light. Does any of this mean that Anderson wasn't responsible for her actions and shouldn't have paid what the price turned out to be? No, not at all, and though I don't know her mind, I don't think that that's what marybarr was saying. Gee-whiz!

Posted on: 2009/7/23 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
The police were totally justified. Wasn't trying to exonerate her, just responding to the conjecture in the article and the thread about how and why she could have changed so much in two years. I have said all I need to say on this.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 20:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
First, I think I could have communicated more clearly BUT please don't act like you didn't read where I was sympathizing with the officers. As to Amanda, she didn't shoot anyone. Certainly doesn't make her a saint or exonerate her behavior, but this thread and article were about her having changed in a few short years. So that's why I posted my feelings about that. But I wasn't inside her head and neither were any of you, so we could all be wrong-- hell maybe she had a brain tumor--who knows?

New Heights-- When I post anything not based on conjecture like this thread and article are, I back it up with statistics, as your comment about prisoners was NOT. You say you've had enough of my feel good posts--TOUGH. And it's your perogative to stay miserable.

saabconv-- You don't even know me so calling me a sick individual is nonsensical. And anyone who is as rude as you are must have plenty of thier own issues.

Amanda Anderson might not have shot anyone, but she was clearly involved in the crimes. The video from June of the van driver being shot clearly shows both Amanda and her thug boyfriend running over to the guy, harassing him or whatever behind the van, and them both running away.

Let's not forget, the police were acting on the DEFENSIVE, not the offensive in that shootout situation. Criminal opens fire at THEM, then the criminals run into a rat hole building. When the cops approach the apartment, a barrage of bullets comes at THEM through the walls, so they just fired away. What the hell were they supposed to do??? Run away???

At 22, a person knows what they are getting into. Naive or not, at that age you know right versus wrong.

And this girl's family, according to this article, were aware that she was running away with her criminal boyfriend once he was WANTED? What?!! And they gave them their car. OK. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree, apparently. What a bunch of idiots. How much could they have possibly loved their daughter if they allowed her to run away with this guy, KNOWING that he was wanted for a criminal offense committed locally?

I'm almost speechless.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 19:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
First, I think I could have communicated more clearly BUT please don't act like you didn't read where I was sympathizing with the officers. As to Amanda, she didn't shoot anyone. Certainly doesn't make her a saint or exonerate her behavior, but this thread and article were about her having changed in a few short years. So that's why I posted my feelings about that. But I wasn't inside her head and neither were any of you, so we could all be wrong-- hell maybe she had a brain tumor--who knows?

New Heights-- When I post anything not based on conjecture like this thread and article are, I back it up with statistics, as your comment about prisoners was NOT. You say you've had enough of my feel good posts--TOUGH. And it's your perogative to stay miserable.

saabconv-- You don't even know me so calling me a sick individual is nonsensical. And anyone who is as rude as you are must have plenty of thier own issues.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 19:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, you guys need to stop drinking that michael moore koolaid. He's no different then any of the douches on the republican side. Really, being so one-sided makes you all sound stupid. Besides, not all of his links came from a fox source.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 19:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/7 14:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

You could just feel the Fox news links coming, couldn't ya?

Posted on: 2009/7/23 19:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wibbit wrote:
Everyone makes their own choices in life, and must live with the consequences.

No excuses.

+1

Posted on: 2009/7/23 18:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
There is not one possible excuse for what this woman did. A person is not lead into a life of crime they choose a life of crime. She knew the road she was heading down, and she knew when she got there that it was just plain WRONG period. She made the choice to continue down this road and she got what she deserved as did her husband.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 18:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Everyone makes their own choices in life, and must live with the consequences.

No excuses.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 18:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
There are so many of these stories -- women and men can become co-dependent, which is like being addicted to a person. I think we all go through a phase. I remember waiting by the phone for someone to call and checking for a dial tone when the call was late. Buying him sneakers and walking through a rainstorm to deliver them. I am so glad I grew out of that and glad that HE wasn't dangerous because I believe I may have followed him. This reminds me too, of women who get arrested because their guy is dealing and the woman gets 25 years because she has no information to trade. The guy gets out in 2 - 5 - 7. What a tragedy Amanda didn't have a few more years to mature.

I appreciate your point and do believe it's not uncommon for a bad boy to lead a girl astray. But my bad boy just happened to be a pothead rock star wannabe and not a STONE COLD HEARTLESS THUG COP KILLER.

To call this a "phase" is to gloss over the reality. Chances are, Amanda would not have matured beyond this. She would have gotten deeper into it and more people would have been robbed and killed

The newspaper articles paint an interesting emotional story, some of which is bound to include some revisionist history. Who goes from angel to devil that quickly? Who let it happen? Why didn't they save her. It doesn't matter anymore. Perhaps it gives her family some comfort to remember their little girl differently, but it doesn't change the reality.

It will never change what she and her husband did. And now she and he are dead too.

RIP Marc Dinardo.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 17:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/7/23 17:09

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/28 18:49
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
its no secret that many prisoners convert to a violent brand of islam while in prison.

Got any statistics to back that statement up? "Many"? Sometimes I feel like you just make shit up to suit some agenda you have.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
marybarr- enough with your feel good stories about how you turned your life around and how you were once a street thug and now your the greatest neighbor.

These thugs got what they deserved. I wonder if this clown converted to islam after a stint in prison. its no secret that many prisoners convert to a violent brand of islam while in prison.

Marybarr just thank god this never happened to you while you were in your "immature" phase.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 15:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
That was quite a posting - Mary. As a woman I find it extremely offensive that you try to blame in on that she's a young smitten girl for her actions. I second Gnome on that - you are a sick individual....

Posted on: 2009/7/23 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

marybarr wrote:
There are so many of these stories -- women and men can become co-dependent, which is like being addicted to a person. I think we all go through a phase. I remember waiting by the phone for someone to call and checking for a dial tone when the call was late. Buying him sneakers and walking through a rainstorm to deliver them. I am so glad I grew out of that and glad that HE wasn't dangerous because I believe I may have followed him. This reminds me too, of women who get arrested because their guy is dealing and the woman gets 25 years because she has no information to trade. The guy gets out in 2 - 5 - 7. What a tragedy Amanda didn't have a few more years to mature.

I wonder if you would be as accommodating and understanding if the officer who got shot was your husband. Stick to buying cheeses and sunflowers lady.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Did I read that wrong or did the parents help them escape from SC?

Posted on: 2009/7/23 14:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

marybarr wrote:

Jeez, lady. She watched this man kill an innocent man and a police officer!. There is a bigger issue there than just immaturity. My 4 year-old niece would know that is wrong!

Mary, I don't like the way people come down on you around here, but I have to say I think your above post is WAY off the mark.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 14:42

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017