Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Woman beaten unconscious, in critical condition
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
So apparantly... this is the story that I got... and I was right about what I said... The kids were smoking dust... they asked her if they could smoke with her and she said no... they were already high at the time... etc etc etc.

Again this is a story I hear from family friend of this girls, I dont know how true it is but it sounds pretty spot on, my suspicions about dust were right.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 15:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

regulator wrote:
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

anchovial wrote:
So I flagged both of them after I posted. The first one now has a content warning and the second was removed. That's a pretty responsive, if not perfect, result.

Well done. I couldn't even click on the link, that's how sick those videos make me.

I lived through high school during the John Hughes era safe in suburbia and I didn't have people beating the shit outta me and it was hard enough. But it's like this is another planet. I can't imagine being an teenager in JC these days. I would live in perpetual fear.

it really wasnt that bad. just your normal streetfight... like someone said, there are hundreds on youtube of white, black, hispanic, urban, suburban, pretty much anyone whos a kid being involved in one of these fights. it started off pretty much the same way all the videos do. huge crowd around 2 people fighting. people egging them on. some people trying to stop, and other people preventing those from stopping the fight. eventually more people get involved, and then it breaks up. big whoop.

a few of my college friends went to dickinson for high school. it was no walk in the park, but it isn't jurassic park either. if you stay out of peoples way, for the most part they stay out of yours. sure theres fights and such, but if you dont go out looking for trouble, you can mostly avoid it.

You are right Dickinson is so big you can just mind your business and most time be left alone and not get in any fights. That is where some of that don't get involved if it has nothing to with you attitude comes from. I was just using Dickinson as an example, the more violence you see the more desensitized you are. Even though you can mind your business and most of the time stay out of trouble, the fact remains if you go to either Dickinson, Lincoln, Snider or Ferris you are going to witness a lot of violence and get used to seeing it for the most part.

That fight doesn't even look bad, I didn't see no blood at all. I was just surprised people would be disgusted by a fight that wasn't that bad.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

anchovial wrote:
So I flagged both of them after I posted. The first one now has a content warning and the second was removed. That's a pretty responsive, if not perfect, result.

Well done. I couldn't even click on the link, that's how sick those videos make me.

I lived through high school during the John Hughes era safe in suburbia and I didn't have people beating the shit outta me and it was hard enough. But it's like this is another planet. I can't imagine being an teenager in JC these days. I would live in perpetual fear.

it really wasnt that bad. just your normal streetfight... like someone said, there are hundreds on youtube of white, black, hispanic, urban, suburban, pretty much anyone whos a kid being involved in one of these fights. it started off pretty much the same way all the videos do. huge crowd around 2 people fighting. people egging them on. some people trying to stop, and other people preventing those from stopping the fight. eventually more people get involved, and then it breaks up. big whoop.

a few of my college friends went to dickinson for high school. it was no walk in the park, but it isn't jurassic park either. if you stay out of peoples way, for the most part they stay out of yours. sure theres fights and such, but if you dont go out looking for trouble, you can mostly avoid it.

Posted on: 2009/7/23 0:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

anchovial wrote:

Posted on: 2009/7/22 23:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Besides many other factors that cause these kids to be so violent I would have to say constantly witnessing others commit violence also plays a role. I was actually suprised at how many of you were so repulsed by the video then it hit me that the reason I didn't find the video as bad is because I have been desensitized to certain forms of violence.

Going to public school in this city espeacally High School kind of desensitizes you. In Dickinson fights like this were every day, in some case as many as 5 or more. Many fights were a lot worst then this. So when I watch it I just see a fight while to others it looks worst then the way I see it.

This looks like a really minor fight to me. I think you make a good point and have explained people's shocked reaction, which was confusing me.

It's not just this city, it's the whole region. I went to public high school in what would be considered an affluent (New York) suburb by a lot of people in JC. I witnessed a fight a day, I was in a couple fights a month, as a non-fighter. The school did not allow self-defense, including blocking a punch, so once you were in a heated argument, your conduct does not change the amount of trouble you're in.

People from other regions of the country say they witnessed nowhere near the level of fighting in school that I have. And by all accounts I went to a relatively peaceful school.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 20:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Besides many other factors that cause these kids to be so violent I would have to say constantly witnessing others commit violence also plays a role. I was actually suprised at how many of you were so repulsed by the video then it hit me that the reason I didn't find the video as bad is because I have been desensitized to certain forms of violence.

Going to public school in this city espeacally High School kind of desensitizes you. In Dickinson fights like this were every day, in some case as many as 5 or more. Many fights were a lot worst then this. So when I watch it I just see a fight while to others it looks worst then the way I see it.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 19:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/7 14:54
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/7/22 18:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/14 15:59
From 07304
Group:
Registered Users
If the people in this video are identifiable by police, which it seems you can identify them from the video, can't they still be prosecuted after the fact? I would think at the very least you could identify the youtube account of the person who posted it.
and yes, you can and should flag it if you have a youtube account. and i know they are juveniles and they will be let out of quickly, but guess what- if they are arrested their mug shot goes into a great picture book and then if they beat up a law abiding citizen or they rob them or commit any other crimes at a later date, the victim can pick them out of the great picture book and help police catch them.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 17:34

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/7 14:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
it's hateful but it's a national epidemic, not just jc. kids beating the crap out of each other and filming it. small town, big towns, nice towns, crappy towns. youtube should create a policy to prohibit these videos from being posted.

You can/should Flag it for review. Under the video, click Flag, then Violent or Repulsive content, then Youth Violence.

The comments were equally disturbing in both tone and grammar.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 17:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Homicide charges added in vicious attack

Tuesday, July 21, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Attempted homicide has been added to the charges against two Jersey City teen suspects in Sunday's vicious attack that left a woman naked on the street and in critical condition, officials said.

Carlos Acosta, 18, of Manning Avenue, and Davon Gordon, 18, of Arlington Avenue, made their first appearance on the charges in Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City yesterday where their bails were set at $250,000 cash or bond.

The judge said the pair are accused of repeatedly slamming the head of the 29-year-old Jersey City victim on the ground, punching her and repeatedly kicking her while she lay unconscious. The attempted homicide charge was added to robbery and aggravated assault charges, said Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio, who said a third man is likely to be charged in the attack as well.

A 26-year-old Jersey City man was also attacked in the incident and robbed of $20 and his identity card, reports said. This victim suffered lacerations to his forehead and the back of his head and was also treated at Jersey City Medical Center.

When police arrived at the scene at 5:37 a.m. they found the woman naked, lying on the sidewalk at Van Horne Street and Communipaw Avenue, reports said. The woman was unconscious, had several head wounds and was bleeding form the mouth, reports said.

A witness told police he saw two men grab the woman, slam her head repeatedly on the pavement and kick her before removing her clothing, adding that they then fondled her, reports said. DeFazio said his office is investigating the possibility sexual contact was involved in the attack but no such charges are currently filed.

The witness said the men turned on the second victim who was walking north on Van Horne Street, punching and kicking him, leaving a large pool of blood on the sidewalk, reports said. Police found the second victim bleeding from his head and walking south on Van Horne Street, reports said, adding that the suspects were arrested two blocks away.

Acosta was present at yesterday's hearing while Gordon appeared via video link from the Hudson County Jail in Kearny.

Both men had family members present in court.

At the end of the hearing Gordon's mother yelled to her son, "Keep your head up."

Posted on: 2009/7/22 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:
Those videos are disgusting. Guys hitting girls is unacceptable.

You know, in my parents' generation, Jersey City was filled with poor and working class Irish and Italians. There were many fistfights, but there certainly weren't many shootouts (aside from Casa Nostra stuff ;) ) , and there sure as hell weren't any boys punching girls. And I can assure you that if a boy punched a girl, he would be "taken care of" by the other boys, or the brother of the girl.

So why are these beastly children doing things like this? What is the cause? A combination of things?

Poor parenting? Yes, I think so. What about the influence of hip hop culture? Much hip hop music is notorious for including lyrics that are less than respectful towards women. Is this a factor? I think it is.

I'm prepared to get slammed for that ... by those whose hearts bleed.

Yep, I grew up here in the seventies in an Irish/Italian neighborhood and we were pretty damn poor. However, we were strictly forbidden to fight anyone or even hang out on a street corner for that matter. I have six sisters, and we would have been in the house for a year if we ever behaved like the animals in that video.

There was plenty of white trash around who wanted to fight at times. I'm a huge chicken, and I would just run away yelling that my father would kill me if I was caught fighting.

From my experience I know that decency has little to do with economics.......savages.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 16:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
it's hateful but it's a national epidemic, not just jc. kids beating the crap out of each other and filming it. small town, big towns, nice towns, crappy towns. youtube should create a policy to prohibit these videos from being posted.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 2:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/3 0:09
Group:
Registered Users
those kids are thugs.
Someone should teach them humility and discipline.
What is wrong with the city that SO MANY kids like that exist?

Posted on: 2009/7/22 0:28

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/7 13:46
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

Not just liberals ... specifically the bleeding heart liberals. Liberal is OK I guess - I am sort of "in the middle" politically - but extreme liberals I do have a problem with. Just like I have a problem with extreme conservatives. Extreme anything is just not good.

Well, I'll tell ya, I'm a dyed-in-the-wool liberal who is, in some fundamental respects, left of liberal, and *I* despise criminals and those who engage in other violent, anti-social behavior. Not only do I believe in gay marriage, a woman's right to do with her body as she wishes, and the decriminalization of drugs and prostitution (to say nothing of the removal of religion's influence on our public policy decisions--ugh!), I also believe in life sentences for cold-blooded murderers and loooong sentences w/o parole for other violent offenders (though you--2nd person "you"--totally lose me at the death penalty).

And it's not just me; I know other liberals who feel the same way. And while I realize that there are indeed liberals out there who are not as "conservative" as I am in the area of crime and punishment, I do think that the liberal who excuses away criminal behavior because of poverty, a bad home environment, or other negative influences and who totally absolves criminals of any responsibility is largely (key word) a caricature. Gee, I hope I'm right.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 20:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

you clearly have not seen the 'drunk girl gets a leg sweep' video

http://www.google.com/search?q=leg+sw ... official&client=firefox-a

golden

Posted on: 2009/7/21 18:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
Wibbit maybe I wasn't clear. My point is if a lawbiding individual really feels threatened because they cant afford to live in a gated community or his/her line of work puts them in harms way, they should have the right to make the same choice as the citizens in 42 other states have. Are those other states like Iraq?

If you read my post I also mention the fact that the criminals know that New Jersey's law biding citizens are unarmed. Maybe if they had to guess they wouldnt be so brazen.

it should be mandatory that anyone that carries takes extensive self defense courses, phychiatric tests and maintains gun insurance.

In states where right to carry was passed less than 1 percent of the residents actually went to get carry permits.
It shows that govt doesnt need to make these decisions for us. Most people I know wouldnt get a carry permit if NJ allowed it. It should be an individual choice.

It must frustrate you that we pay taxes to feed and house these dirt bags whether they are in the projects or in jail. We also pay to school their children and pay for a police force to protect us from them meanwhile they carry guns any way (although illegally).

Shouldnt the tax payer have the right to protect themselves?

Its amazing how different state laws are, in TN you can now carry a gun into a bar!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8145541.stm

Posted on: 2009/7/21 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Shalom_Bayit wrote:
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

So why are these beastly children doing things like this? What is the cause? A combination of things?

Poor parenting? Yes, I think so. What about the influence of hip hop culture? Much hip hop music is notorious for including lyrics that are less than respectful towards women. Is this a factor? I think it is.

I\'m prepared to get slammed for that ... by those whose hearts bleed.

Those whose hearts bleed? Like who? Do you mean liberals?

Not just liberals ... specifically the bleeding heart liberals. Liberal is OK I guess - I am sort of "in the middle" politically - but extreme liberals I do have a problem with. Just like I have a problem with extreme conservatives. Extreme anything is just not good.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 18:05

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/24 18:10
Group:
Registered Users
I can honestly say that the video turned my stomach. I am going to throw up. I'm ashamed of what our youth has become. And I pray that my own nieces/nephews dont turn out like a bunch of animals. I hope that the kids..yes they are kids...involved are ok and that they learn from their mistakes!

Posted on: 2009/7/21 18:03

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

I\'m prepared to get slammed for that ... by those whose hearts bleed.

Those whose hearts bleed? Like who? Do you mean liberals?

Posted on: 2009/7/21 17:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Your comment that there are "just mutants breeding and making more mutants" is inaccurate. Many successful folk come from underprivileged and even abusive backgrounds. And many privileged folk turn out to be dangerous. That is why vigilantism is not the answer. We can't tell who's gonna make it. I was written off, but here I am, a nice lady and good neighbor from whom you have nothing to fear. I even lend out cups of sugar and bake cookies for my neighbors!

Posted on: 2009/7/21 15:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
"Despite what the comments above say, most parents do know better than this. There are a lot of church-going folk in this town who would be simply ashamed to see their child in this video."

I wish it were the case. Here's an example of what a parent of these "kids" might say: Gordon's mother yelled to her son, "Keep your head up."

Posted on: 2009/7/21 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Okay, this isn't the wild west guys. BUT my main concern is that when they tell the police to clean up the neighborhood that usually means getting numbers. The easier it is to arrest someone, (obvious addicts, homeless, prostitutes, etc.) the more of them they will arrest and arrest them many times. That leaves the harder police work, investigation and detection, by the wayside. While the police are running around to show they are cleaning up the streets you see less of the addicts, homeless, prostitutes, but organized and violent crime goes up every time, check out the numbers, EVERYTIME, there is a crackdown on crime. The justice system needs to go about things differently and reward the quality of arrests NOT the quantity. AND we the public, need to understand the shift in focus and give them time to get the REAL bad guys.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 15:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tommyc_37 wrote:

You know, in my parents' generation, Jersey City was filled with poor and working class Irish and Italians. There were many fistfights, but there certainly weren't many shootouts (aside from Casa Nostra stuff ;) ) , and there sure as hell weren't any boys punching girls. And I can assure you that if a boy punched a girl, he would be "taken care of" by the other boys, or the brother of the girl.

I doubt there are any sophisticated causes here, just mutants breeding and making more mutants. Their assisted meal programs should be peppered with birth control. Free drug and dirty needle distribution would also help. All the money that was re-routed into these condemned schools should be given back to the communities where children actually do homework after school instead of beating girls.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 15:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
I kind of wish the police just let nature take it's course after watching these videos. None of these kids are worth defending. The douche who taped this actually bragged about having great myspace footage. I feel bad for their teachers. (Not their parents) for having to educate a bunch of mutants.

It seemed like a few people tried to break it up. But, the mob mentality wants fights like this to break out and then to continue... nevermind the weight class, size disparity, or the fact that one person is obviously on the ground.

A little bareknuckling is as old as sin, but brawls like this are a goddamn disgrace. Too bad the City didn't show up with paddy wagons and zip ties. They could then parade them back to grand/mama's place with their head hung low just in time for a taste of smackaroni dinner. Despite what the comments above say, most parents do know better than this. There are a lot of church-going folk in this town who would be simply ashamed to see their child in this video.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/7/21 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I kind of wish the police just let nature take it's course after watching these videos. None of these kids are worth defending. The douche who taped this actually bragged about having great myspace footage. I feel bad for their teachers. (Not their parents) for having to educate a bunch of mutants.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 14:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Video of a fight not far from where the woman was beaten. This first part of the video takes place on Communipaw between Manning and Garfield. Notice the boys are not afraid to hit girls in this video also. This part of the video takes place on Communipaw and Woodward, one block from where the woman was beaten.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 6:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
Wibbit maybe I wasn't clear. My point is if a lawbiding individual really feels threatened because they cant afford to live in a gated community or his/her line of work puts them in harms way, they should have the right to make the same choice as the citizens in 42 other states have. Are those other states like Iraq?

If you read my post I also mention the fact that the criminals know that New Jersey's law biding citizens are unarmed. Maybe if they had to guess they wouldnt be so brazen.

it should be mandatory that anyone that carries takes extensive self defense courses, phychiatric tests and maintains gun insurance.

In states where right to carry was passed less than 1 percent of the residents actually went to get carry permits.
It shows that govt doesnt need to make these decisions for us. Most people I know wouldnt get a carry permit if NJ allowed it. It should be an individual choice.

It must frustrate you that we pay taxes to feed and house these dirt bags whether they are in the projects or in jail. We also pay to school their children and pay for a police force to protect us from them meanwhile they carry guns any way (although illegally).

Shouldnt the tax payer have the right to protect themselves?

I agree with this.

I think you make a good point in that allowing citizens to arm themselves would cause criminals to have to guess and, perhaps, think twice. On the other hand, maybe allowing potential victims to carry would cause more low-life scum to illegally arm themselves. Then again, most of them are doing that now, so...well, I'd rather err on the side of allowing decent citizens to defend themselves.

While I might apply for a carry permit if NJ allowed it, I'd most likely not carry in the normal course of my daily life (I avoid areas where crime is more likely to occur, and I'm not quite paranoid enough that I'd feel the need to carry all of the time), but yes, law-abiding citizens should have the right to carry, subject to a thorough, fine-tooth-comb vetting of the sort that you outlined. And only people who are certain that they could shoot in order to defend themselves should carry. Otherwise, it's a game that puts you and potentially many other innocent citizens at great risk.

And, uh, gated community? Ewww!

Posted on: 2009/7/21 5:52

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wibbit wrote:

What we need are tougher laws, if convicted those gangbangers should be executed or sent to labor camps, then they would think twice next time.

If I had my way, there wouldn't be an opportunity for them to think twice because they'd be in prison so long that their bones would eventually have to be excavated and carbon dated. Unfortunately, they won't get the life sentence thay so richly deserve, but maybe some judge with balls (and with enough discretion) will give them as much hard time as possible.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 5:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/31 1:57
From between duncan and jewett
Group:
Registered Users
gotta love it, a bunch of goons beating up a bunch of probable crackheads, that's jersey city. and what's to be done......nada, arrests, no big deal. these guys will be legends in da hood, and ppl will have gang signs and memorials for them. nothing really gets done, that area (and park) has always been a warzone. which corner are we gonna squeeze them in now that all the yuppies move on up grand street, hopefully bayonne.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 1:27
as times get hard, i get even harder

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017