Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: Grove Street Bicycles
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityFrankie wrote:
Regarding the break cables of an earlier post, It IS spring time and I am sure they are overloaded with work. On the other hand replacing the break cables on a bike can probably be done by an expert faster than you or I can type and read this note I'm posting. I went in once for a broken spoke and I was amazed when they told me it would be about a week. Its nice to have a local place to go for repairs but I wish they would prioritize simple repairs like a spoke or a set of cables. There is no reason those sorts of repairs should take very long.

This happened over a year ago. I went somewhere else along my way and I was in and out in about 5 minutes. I could have done it myself if I had tools but I was on route out of Jersey City with the bike and my cable started to come apart. Bummer. I still do buy parts from them on occasion but I have another local shop put them on for me :)

Posted on: 2013/4/10 4:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Regarding the break cables of an earlier post, It IS spring time and I am sure they are overloaded with work. On the other hand replacing the break cables on a bike can probably be done by an expert faster than you or I can type and read this note I'm posting. I went in once for a broken spoke and I was amazed when they told me it would be about a week. Its nice to have a local place to go for repairs but I wish they would prioritize simple repairs like a spoke or a set of cables. There is no reason those sorts of repairs should take very long.

Posted on: 2013/4/10 3:22

Re: Grove Street Bikes

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/15 19:02
From Waterfront
Group:
Registered Users
I was in the bike shop yesterday and they fit me right in and Tony fixed my son's bike in 2 minutes, only charged me $5...It helped to have purchased the bike there (still had the Grove St. Bikes sticker on it). Thanks, Tony!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/4/10 1:34

Re: Grove Street Bikes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/17 14:03
From Moe's Deli
Group:
Registered Users
I took a bmx bike there to have brake cables replaced and they told me I'd have to wait a week for a repair guy. I took my business elsewhere.

Posted on: 2013/4/10 1:05

Grove Street Bikes

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/26 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Owner/operator Rodney made some quick and minor fixes to my cheapo Walmart bike ... and refused to charge me. Great neighborhood biz!

Posted on: 2013/4/9 19:44

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/13 0:42
Group:
Registered Users
Shop at Grove Street Bicycles for the cyclists in your life. Even better, give your friends and family a wish list of bicycle accessories you have been dreaming about! Everything is on sale for the holidays. We have some ideas posted on our blog...

http://grovestreetbicycles.com/gift-ideas-for-the-holiday/

We also have gift cards available in any dollar amount.

Winter hours will be in effect starting January 1st and there is a maintenance class (Park Tool School) scheduled for January 8th. Only 6 openings available, so register today!

http://grovestreetbicycles.com/maintenance-class-time/

Shop Late Shop Local is going on every Thursday in December. The shop will remain open until 10:00 pm every Thursday this month. We will have specials during this time, see our blog...

http://grovestreetbicycles.com/shop-late-shop-local/

Those who need a tune up - get it done in the winter and save! We are offering $10.00 off our Service Package #2 and #3. See our blog for details and coupon to bring in.

http://grovestreetbicycles.com/tune-up-coupon/

Posted on: 2011/12/6 18:39

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Grove Street Bicycles will be open until 10pm every Thursday in December for the Shop Late Shop Local event. Today we will offer a free T-shirt to anyone who spends $50 or more in our store. Just ask for your shirt as you pay. Our Holiday Sale is going on until December 24th with big savings on everything in the shop. Bikes are 5-20% off, accessories are 10% off and clothing is up to 50% off. These discounts apply only to in stock items. Stop down tonight and save money while supporting local business!

Posted on: 2011/12/1 15:59

Service sets Grove Street Bicycles apart
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Service sets Grove Street Bicycles in Jersey City apart

Published: Tuesday, November 22, 2011, 4:46 PM
By Summer Dawn Hortillosa / The Jersey Journal

Grove Street Bicycles is located at 365 Grove St. in Jersey City.

After giving Jersey City its wheels for almost three years, Grove Street Bicycles hopes to continue proving that service is king.

The bike shop, located at 365 Grove St., is one of several Hudson County stores hoping to benefit from this weekend's Small Business Saturday and the holiday rush.

"We have good expectations," said co-owner Mike Wilson, who said Christmas is the beginning of bike season. Between the holidays and a few early buyers in the winter, the Jersey City resident said he and his partner, Bayonne's Rodney Morweiser expect most of their 2012 stock to sell out by the beginning of the spring rush.

The shop, Wilson said, stands out for its attention to every customer's needs. When Downtown Jersey City resident Tal Kinraich and her boxer Shooka come in looking for some wheels, he shows her a catalog of products, asks what she plans to use the bike for, determines the size she'd need for her height and shows her appropriate options.

Wilson said that unlike big box stores, Grove Street Bicycles has professional mechanics fully assemble the bikes and offers lifetime service for free, which includes basic gear adjustments, chain lube and a safety check.
"Our service sets us apart," said Wilson, pointing out that they supply customers with cycling maps, provide bike storage and organize local rides.

"This is our customers' vehicle. It's how they get their fitness, do their groceries, go to work," he said. "We do everything to make sure they get the best experience."
Grove Street Bicycles is located at 365 Grove St., Jersey City. For more information, visit www.GroveStreetBicycles.com

Posted on: 2011/11/23 15:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Grove Street Bicycles will be closed this Sunday for the NYC 5 boro bike tour. Normal Sunday Hours (11am-5pm) will resume next week.

We will be at the Jersey City Festival and the "Adopt a Lot" kickoff party on May 7th at City Hall from 10am to 6pm. This is a 4th Street Arts event so you know its going to be a good one!

On May 14th, Grove Street Bicycles and JC Sporting for Good are holding a Dodgeball tournament to raise funds for our Bicycle Donation Program. If you want more info here is the scoop from the event organizer, Anthony Vito Susco, aka "Dancing Tony"...

Here's the deal; $100 team of six, three gals, three guys, you can have up to ten people on your roster. $15 for lone warriors, we will set you up on a team. email jcsportingforgood(at)gmail.com. or email me or text me 973-219-9696 or call me 201-324-2886. Team registration fees need to be paid in advance, we need your money, even if you decide the night before to break your own drinking record. Speaking of, Drink special from the White Star all day and Survivor's dance party that night at Lucky Seven's.

More updates and events coming soon!

Posted on: 2011/4/28 15:12

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We have a new layout in our clothing section with tons of new stock. There is gear for cycling, exercise/spin as well as casual stuff for winter and spring. Select Winter clothing is up to 50% off!

Beat the Spring crowds by getting your bike in for a tune up-mention this post and get $10 off the Tune up 2(16% savings-good thru March 31).

New Bikes are arriving... Get a deal on a left over model or sport the newest latest ride on the block!

Posted on: 2011/2/5 16:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Learn how to tune and maintain your bicycle like the pros this Sunday in the Park Tool School Maintenance Class at Grove Street Bicycles.

The One Day Maintenance class will be held on Sunday January 16th, 2011 from 10am to 4pm in our Service Department. This class is designed to educate anyone interested in proper bicycle maintenance. The cost is $150 and includes a lunch.

Space is limited so register today! Call 201-451-2453 for info.

Posted on: 2011/1/13 20:05

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Take advantage of one of our Winter Specials and mention you saw it on JC List!

We have our winter storage special for $99 which includes 6 months storage plus a Basic Tune up #1 ($175 value).

Our Complete Tune up #2 is discounted to $59.99(16% savings) until Feb 28th, 2011. This is the only time to save on a labor service like this. Get ahead of the Spring crowd and save big on our most popular tune up package!

Show your current Gym Membership(any gym) and we will give you 10% of any in stock accessories or apparel.

Don't wait until Spring, these deals won't last!

Posted on: 2011/1/4 19:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
It is definitely fixed. If anybody was charged Sales tax just bring your receipt and it will be reimbursed.

Posted on: 2010/12/16 22:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/14 21:01
Group:
Registered Users
Although I am a big Grove Street Bicycles fan I have to tell you guys, and everyone else reading this, that you are incorrectly applying sales tax to non-sport specific clothing. I know its only 3.5%, but it should be 0%.

you are to apply normal NJ sales tax (7%, or in Urban Enterprise Zones 3.5%) on clothing that is sport specific. As in clothing that can ONLY be used for a specific sport. Examples are football pads, shoes with cleats, and bike shorts with pads in them, because the pads are sport specific to bicycling.

examples of clothing that is exempt is pretty much anything else. t-shirts. spandex shorts WITHOUT padding in them, shoes that aren't sport specific. The rule is that if it can be used for normal everyday use its not to be taxed. Only clothing items that can ONLY be used for a specific sport can be taxed, and that's because it is considered to be sporting equipment, not clothing.

I've heard people tell me that when they protest to the sales tax being improperly applied in your store the sales person says something to the effect of "if it has a sports logo on it we have to tax it." this is 100% incorrect.

Go to Modell's, pick a Nike t-shirt off the rack and see if they tax it at the register. they do not. Logos have nothing to do with the tax code.

please fix this. and like i said im a big fan otherwise.

Posted on: 2010/12/14 21:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Tax breaks for everybody! Do your part to stimulate the economy - buy stuff from Grove Street Bicycles! Plus, we always give a tax break with 3.5% Sales Tax(excluding labor).

Look for our holiday fliers throughout Jersey City and Hoboken. If you find one, bring it in for an extra 5% off any in stock bike or accessory. It can be combined with sale prices! If you don't find one, just mention you read about it here.

You can see the flyer on our website...
http://grovestreetbicycles.com/news/?p=1999

Stop down and see our selection of bicycles, accessories and clothing. Late hours starting December 13th.

Posted on: 2010/12/11 20:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Big Savings in store now! We have selected items on sale with up to 35% off!!! Get the cyclist in your life a great gift and save until Dec 31st. Gift cards are available and can be used towards tune ups or winter gear!

Tomorrow, December 3rd, we will be participating in the sidewalk fair. Stop down and check out our gift ideas.

There are a couple openings left for our Park Tool School Maintenance class this Sunday, December 5th. The hours are 10-4 and the cost is $150+tax. Contact us or stop down for details.

Posted on: 2010/12/2 16:58

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Did you ever want to learn how to properly tune and maintain your bicycle?

Grove Street Bicycles is going to offer a bicycle maintenance class on Sunday, Dec 5th. See details on our website...

http://grovestreetbicycles.com/news/?p=1583

Don't forget to take advantage of our December Sale. All month we are discounting bikes, accessories and clothing!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted on: 2010/11/24 16:35

Re: Bike shop on Grove!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
recycles, reuse, re-bicycle

http://www.nj.com/news/jjournal/jerse ... 62714125263790.xml&coll=3

Bike shop spinning donations to give needy riders wheels
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
By AMY SARA CLARK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Jersey City's newest bicycle shop wants to turn one person's trash into another's treasure.

Grove Street Bicycles, 365 Grove St., will take used bikes - in any condition - fix them up and donate them to churches, homeless shelters and other organizations. Those who donate bikes will receive a discount on a new bicycle.

"We're trying to provide bicycles for people who are less fortunate," said co-owner Rodney Morweiser.

He added that bikes do more than provide basic transportation.

"It's about getting people away from watching television, getting people to look at other means of exercise and getting people back out into the environment," such as the miles of bike trails at Liberty State Park, he said.

Morweiser is partnering with the nonprofit Good Goes Around, which will pay for new parts for many of the bikes and distribute them to needy children in northern New Jersey. Morweiser is also hoping to give out the bicycles to adults and children through Jersey City organizations.

Grove Street Bicycles, which opened in March, is one of only two bicycle shops in Jersey City. The other is James Vincent Bicycles in the Heights, at 351 Palisade Ave.

Morweiser said that although the shop is having the expected winter slowdown business has been good.

"We definitely filled a void in the area," he said.

Posted on: 2010/1/6 3:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/21 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
Just wanted to a put a note out to give props to these guys!

Last week, I finally decided to convert my hard-core mountain bike to something more city-friendly (different seat, higher handlebar etc). They turned it around in a day. Motivated, friendly folks are a pleasure to deal with, I'm very happy to have a real bike shop right in the middle of town!

Posted on: 2009/12/14 16:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Here is an older article I missed.

Resized Image

Jersey City gets a BMX friendly bike shop Close to Manhattan

By: Brian Tunney

Grove Street Bicycles is a brand new full-service bike shop that just opened two blocks north of the Grove St. PATH Station in downtown Jersey City, NJ. The shop boasts an entire BMX section, with a BMX-friendly staff that rides. Grove Street also employs some of the area's more well known riders, and even though the shop's soft opening was just over one week ago, the shop has already become somewhat of a hangout for the various crews that come through the NYC and Jersey City areas. The grand opening celebration is scheduled for this coming Friday, April 24 at 4 pm. Stop in, peep the latest products from FBM, Animal, Fit, S&M, Lotek, Wethepeople and more, hang out and support some BMXers giving back to the community. The shop is located at 365 Grove Street in Jersey City. -Brian Tunney

Brian Tunney -- He lives in Jersey City, rides BMX bikes often and somehow ended up in the X Games a few times. Facebook him if needed.

http://espn.go.com/action/bmx/blog?post=4087160

Posted on: 2009/11/18 17:33

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/28 0:08
Group:
Registered Users
great addition to the neighborhood, very friendly and helpful staff

Posted on: 2009/9/20 13:26

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/3 0:09
Group:
Registered Users
These guys go above and beyond. I am beyond happy they're in downtown.

Posted on: 2009/9/19 23:13

Re: Bike Shop on Grove St?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/18 18:35
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
My only complaint is that sometimes they are too busy - they are filling an important unmet need for bikes and bike parts downtown. Kudos to these "Animal" BMX dudes for setting up shop down here.

Posted on: 2009/8/1 16:26

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/7/17 21:15
Group:
Banned
Bought a Masi from them. As others have said, NO pressure. Walked in once, asked about the place and their stock. Walked in second time to ask if they could order a low demand Masi. Walked in the third time to pick it up.

I wish them the best!

Posted on: 2009/8/1 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/5 14:56
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/7/31 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
These guys are very cool. I'm happy to think I was their first customer (I think)... they fixed my bike before they opened, at a mild inconvenience to them and a great help to me.

The Jersey Citizens of the Year Award goes to:

Mike and Rodney

Posted on: 2009/7/7 3:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
My wife bought a bike over the weekend from Grove St. Great guys, very knowledgeable and no hard sell. They seem to be moving through inventory pretty quickly. Great to see them doing well!

Posted on: 2009/7/6 16:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/2 1:55
Group:
Registered Users
There is a whole thread abt it... try searching for more details.

I have been there a few times to get tubes, cliff bars, CO2, and other little things. They are nice guys, although selection is somewhat limited due to store space. Prices are all the advertised MSRP the company puts out, nothing surprising like other LBS's.

The 2009 Model Season is ending (or ended this week) and the 2010 are now being sent out. So maybe you can snag a deal somewhere!!!

Good Luck!

Posted on: 2009/7/6 16:21

Bike Shop on Grove St?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/25 19:41
Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone visited the relatively new Bike Shop on Grove? I'm looking to purchase a bike this season...does anyone know if their prices/services are good?

Posted on: 2009/7/6 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah. I was probably their first customer: they tuned up my bike while they were still doing construction in February. Very cool and a great price.

Posted on: 2009/6/20 22:14

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017