Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
104 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 104

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

Re: Opening at The Regent at Liberty Harbor

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/12 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
A) i own a part of this building so I should be informed of what goes on in this building. And yes I have been extremely nice just wait till they have you in there hook line and sinker. Ask the residents of Zenith how happy you are and how many leases have been broken in the last month. And oh wow you were 28 days late, My building wasn't in move in condition untill 11 MONTHS after promised. So good for you, you're presistant, just wait until you find out the truth. So don't assume I'm not polite and wait until your maintenance issues aren't solved then i'll be laughing at you. I'm not the only one who has been flat out lied to, take a poll, oh you can't in Zenith, most of the tenants have moved out.

Quote:

JCGirl09 wrote:
[quote]
el3628a wrote:
Great management is letting you stay for free in the building that I own part of without informing us. But get ready for property management because as other people living in Liberty Harbor will tell you they lie constantly, ignore you, don't maintain security, don't take legitimate complaints seriously and think everyone is just a wining first time home owner as an excuse for their shoddy construction. Oh and keep calling and emailing them, they'll pass you off each time to someone different and then ignore you all together or tell you that the living conditions are fine because they had the same problems in Poland 30 years ago and to live with it.

Whoa, whoa....I was supposed to move into the Regent on June 1....so them placing me in the Sutton on June 26 (which if you can add, was 26 days late on their promised delivery date) was the least they can do. It's not my fault you bought into a building you are obviously unhappy in. I have had no problems since moving in, and if I do have a maintenance issue, it is solved the next day. Maybe because I have manners and treat PM with respect. They are obviously overworked and stressed with the situation at the Regent.

Posted on: 2009/7/22 1:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
[quote]
el3628a wrote:
Great management is letting you stay for free in the building that I own part of without informing us. But get ready for property management because as other people living in Liberty Harbor will tell you they lie constantly, ignore you, don't maintain security, don't take legitimate complaints seriously and think everyone is just a wining first time home owner as an excuse for their shoddy construction. Oh and keep calling and emailing them, they'll pass you off each time to someone different and then ignore you all together or tell you that the living conditions are fine because they had the same problems in Poland 30 years ago and to live with it.

Whoa, whoa....I was supposed to move into the Regent on June 1....so them placing me in the Sutton on June 26 (which if you can add, was 26 days late on their promised delivery date) was the least they can do. It's not my fault you bought into a building you are obviously unhappy in. I have had no problems since moving in, and if I do have a maintenance issue, it is solved the next day. Maybe because I have manners and treat PM with respect. They are obviously overworked and stressed with the situation at the Regent.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 20:24

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/12 21:06
Group:
Registered Users

Quote:

JCGirl09 wrote:
We are staying at the Sutton free of charge. I did my walk through inspection tonight and everything, except for a few minor details (cleaning mostly) was great. They will have everything fixed before we move in tomorrow. The secret with PM is to call or email them incessantly. As my husband likes to say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 20:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Ah yes, the good old bait and switch by Mike and Dara. Don't believe a word those two hucksters say because the prices are indeed negotiable. If they aren't, look elsewhere downtown since everyone else is working on the prices.

If the terrible construction and even worse property management are any indication of what to expect, they should be paying you to live there.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 16:10

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 2:35
Group:
Registered Users
Not sure about negotiating the rent but I think they will be full by mid-fall. Think about it. All they have to do is pre lease all the remaining units, just like they did with us 2 months ago, and they will be full.

Hopefully the tenants that end up doing this won't experience brain damage from dealing with PM.

Posted on: 2009/7/21 15:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Negotiate. Trust me, there's no way this building will be at capacity by the Fall. I'm on the 2nd floor and there's still at least one unit open on my floor.

Posted on: 2009/7/20 19:34

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/27 17:44
Group:
Registered Users
Just called the Regent. They said that price is no longer available. Now it is $100 more. I guess as they complete more units, with less vacancy prices go up.

Posted on: 2009/7/20 19:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Parking is $175.00 a month. The rent includes the gym and the pool access (whenever the pool is actually open). The units are large and well designed. Plus you can walk to the bier garten! :)

Posted on: 2009/7/20 19:16

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
That is a good price. No wonder so many people are signing up.

Posted on: 2009/7/20 18:41

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/15 20:06
Group:
Registered Users
$1656 for a 1bdrm at 30 Regent (thats the prorated amount for a $13 month lease)

Posted on: 2009/7/18 23:30

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/14 16:19
Group:
Registered Users
1823 for a 1 bed room last i heard

Posted on: 2009/7/18 23:15

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am new to New Jersey, having just started a new job in Roseland. I am looking at a 1br near a Path. I am looking at the St. John's condo this weekend around Journal Square. Their 1Br is around $1650 with heat and water paid. But it is an older building and amenities are extra.

Which buildings around Grove St. or Newport Path should I be looking at? What are they asking for 1Br at the Regent?

Posted on: 2009/7/16 1:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah the Zenith is fine for the time being. It's usually pretty quiet.

Posted on: 2009/7/15 19:21

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, that will be a nice bonus, but I have had the Zenith gym to myself for most of the last three evenings that I've used it :D

Posted on: 2009/7/15 19:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I agree. Maintenance/PM has been very quick to address any and all issues. So far, so good. Minus the constant dust and construction, but it's becoming livable. I am looking forward to having a gym in our building!

Posted on: 2009/7/15 19:16

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We had a full maintenance once over yesterday and I can say that after being in for almost one week nearly every little issue has been resolved and quickly. An outlet had to be rewired, a cabinet replace, cablebox and router as well. It's a new building and I expected some issues. I'm just glad everything is being take care of quickly.

Posted on: 2009/7/15 19:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No fresh paint on 2, though the hallway looks pretty good, if not dark. More lights need to be installed. And they need to put up molding or whatever around the carpeting....

Posted on: 2009/7/15 19:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Have you guys on 2 had your hallways repainted yet? We were told that the halls would be repainted when the construction and some of the move-in's were completed.

That wrapped up in January...

Posted on: 2009/7/15 18:45

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/30 17:43
Group:
Registered Users
We are on the 2nd floor. It is pretty much the only 100% complete floor to my knowledge. They have been making progress on laying the marble in the entryway.

My guess is the pool will not be ready till the 1st of Sept best case.

It is what it is - you just learn to deal with it. Once you get settled in, you kind of forget about the drama.

There is the lovely ring of construction at 7am, you will not need an alarm clock.

Posted on: 2009/7/15 17:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/27 18:50
Group:
Registered Users
this has me all very freaked out. i am being booted out of my temporary housing tomorrow to move into a dustbin i.e. the Regent.

any word on the pool?

Posted on: 2009/7/15 17:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
I live at the Sutton. GCB's internet is quite good and reliable. I think it's the TV package that sucks from what I hear. I watch very little TV so I don't have their cable package, however I do get the network channels and their HD simulcast.

Posted on: 2009/7/13 14:15

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Well, we got moved in last afternoon/evening/night and my wife had a laundry list of things to get fixed when she did the walk-through yesterday afternoon. That was to be expected in a new apartment, and most of the things were remedied before I even got home from work (caulking in the bathroom, breaker issue when the cable guy showed up, etc.), but watch out for that fridge! I didn't pay too much attention when I was chucking all kinds of fresh food in it, but it's one of the newer whirlpool ones that airflow comes down from the freezer in a flowing/circulating patter....it was a bit blocked in the freezer and the stuff in the fridge nearly spoiled! Whew! I'm sure we'll have more fun this weekend!

Posted on: 2009/7/10 13:47

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/8 16:52
Group:
Registered Users
So here's the followup to my experience:

Still have never gotten a call back from anyone in the office EVER despite the fact they ask for my phone number each time to 'get back to me'.

However, after sending an email letting them know I intended to withhold rent and 'fix and deduct' based on hot water being a vital facility, I got an email back in 5 minutes.

Apparently one of my calls on Monday resulted in a scheduled slot with maintence to address the issues, but they never told me this.

In the afternoon the maintenance guys showed up and fixed everything (critical issues and non-critical issues) to my satisfaction. They actually did a pretty good job of things, I must say.

Everything is kosher between me and them as long as they don't give me a hard time when I send a reduced rent check for this month because I'm not paying for the 6 days I was without hot water.

I'll let everyone know how that goes

Posted on: 2009/7/8 16:59

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 2:35
Group:
Registered Users
Ok, so I've been in the Regent for about a week now and this is what I've noticed :

- I've gotten more things done through PM by speaking with Debbie in the office. By speaking with her, I've gotten my washer/dryer, blinds, and other questions i had all in one day. Anyone who has dealt with PM knows that this is definitely unheard of ! Coincedently, she's the only one who speaks clear english.

- Parking in the Sutton is $175 and will be $200 in the Regent when that's done. Haven't heard about the outside parking though.

- Construction is not as big of an issue as it was when I first moved in. Hopefully the lobby will be done in 2 weeks like PM anticipate. Heard today that the earliest the pool/gym will be done is Mid August.

I'm interested in knowing if anyone has experienced damage to either your furniture or apartment due to the construction workers moving your stuff in ? I've experienced both and I'm currently in the process of having PM address this.

Posted on: 2009/7/8 1:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
That's the problem...the Regent is a great deal. We considered getting out of our lease, but for what we were looking for (luxe building, good area) this is the best bet for the $$. Hold tight. They will move you in soon, I'm sure. What floor are you supposed to be on?

Posted on: 2009/7/6 20:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Based upon the language of the rental lease I'm sure we could but we have to move, and even if there are hiccups with the Regent its still a good deal at the price its at. All of the other newer apartment complexes in downtown JC are more expensive. Also, we are in temp housing that was provided by PM and they are moving us into the Regent. Anyone know of a better deal than the Regent?

Posted on: 2009/7/6 20:33

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath. We are supposed to move in this Thursday and I still haven't heard back about the addendum to our lease (we were supposed to move in back on June 1st......HA!). I went by on Thursday night and had the concierge run me up to take a peek in the apartment and the washer/dryer had not been installed yet. Oh, this is shaping up to be a fun summer/fall.

Posted on: 2009/7/6 20:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I really hope this starts to turn around...

Don't hold your breath.

Posted on: 2009/7/6 20:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/8 16:52
Group:
Registered Users
I moved into the Regent last Wed (7/1). I'm fine with the construction related issues, like the person above me said, you HAD to know it would be the case going in.

However, I'm getting increasingly unhappy with the overall management and response time. It was noted in my pre-move walkthrough that the hot water heater in my apt was NOT working. Neither was the washer/dryer. Niether are fixed yet.

It's now Monday 7/6. The ONLY time management has contacted me was to schedule my blinds to be installed on Friday. Which still hasn't been done. Otherwise I've had to call them for ANY communication. Despite the fact I've been told by various people on the phone many times that they would definitely call me back, I have yet to get a single call back.

Today I've been told twice that they would get back in touch with me, and have heard nothing. I also left a message for the person in charge of parking, and still haven't heard back.

I really hope this starts to turn around...

Posted on: 2009/7/6 19:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
OK, I have to put in my two cents. My husband and I moved in last Thursday. Has the situation been ideal? No. However, everyone we have worked with has been nothing but professional, helpful and has responded with a sense of urgency to any issue we have had in the unit. Is it noisy during the day, when they are doing construction? Of course. However, anyone who moved into the Regent HAD to know that construction would be ongoing.

I will agree that the street noise from the crowds leaving Zeppelin Hall have been a pain in the ass. However, it was a holiday weekend and drunken fools will be just that: drunken fools. If it gets bad, call the cops. Or better yet, email PM or the owner of Zeppelin Hall and ask them to station a bouncer or someone outside the front of our building to keep the noise down. There's always a solution. Complaining will only get you as far as these wall posts. Action usually causes a reaction.

Posted on: 2009/7/6 18:51

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017