Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

Re: Opening at The Regent at Liberty Harbor

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/19 11:12
Group:
Registered Users
This place is absolutely horrible!!!!! I would not move in if anyone is considering it! Or get out while you can! We are negotiating to get out of our lease because of the compulsive lying problems and poor management. Also, with the newly opening Biergarten, the police have been called for noise complaints over 20 times!!! The paper thing walls here do little to detract from the drunk patrons downstairs until 3 in the morning.

Please read this blog and send any emails of personal encounters you have had to pricebailey7@gmail.com

nightmareatlibertyharbor.blogspot.com

Posted on: 2009/7/2 21:38

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/15 20:06
Group:
Registered Users
Well, I just got info that technically our apartment got cleared yesterday, even though we were told the 5th last Friday. Anyway, we are scheduled to move-in next Thursday the 9th (no, I don't want to move during the 4th of July weekend!) and I fully expect the place to take a good 2-3 months to get done. We talked to a couple that moved in yesterday and they did say that their apartment was great, but of course many of the apartments on their floor still needed some work.

Posted on: 2009/7/2 20:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/2 19:28
Group:
Registered Users
We found out the night before we were supposed to complete our move in inspection that our apartment was not going to be ready. They informed us as if we should have been aware of it already. None of our questions are being responded to in a direct manner, and we are also afraid we are getting the run around.

We are supposed to move in tomorrow and we do not have a washer/dryer (supposedly arriving Monday or Tuesday next week, but now I'm nervous after reading all these other posts), which is the main reason why we decided to move. Some of the Kitchen Cabinets are missing handles, or the handles are mismatched, and the bathroom mirror has not been installed. The apartment looks like it has been slapped together at the last minute. We really hope that the final cleaning occurs before we arrive with our movers in tow tomorrow, because otherwise we will need to scrub the place before our furniture can be placed inside.

We understand about delays with new construction, but we certainly feel that the PM can be more direct and forthcoming with us. If we know what the actual situation is, only then can we plan and prepare accordingly.

Any tips from Regent residents who are happily settled?

Posted on: 2009/7/2 19:35

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yeah, we still haven't heard back from PM after telling us (last week) that we could probably start moving in on the 5th (for the 4th floor). I just can't believe that they've got clearance to move people into a building that is clearly a construction zone. Oh, and I LOVE the makeshift "concierge" that has to use the desk covered in plastic out of the east entrance because the main lobby still has a temporary door and no ceiling!

Posted on: 2009/7/2 14:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Buy an air purifier ASAP. I clean mine out every other day and the amount of dust is mind blowing - even for new construction.

Saw a couple last night, around 9PM sitting on the curb in front of the Zenith with a lot of belongings. Looked like they were somewhat irritated.

I could only imagine what would make a couple sit on the sidewalk with moving bins...

Posted on: 2009/7/2 13:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 2:35
Group:
Registered Users
I finally moved in myself last night after hounding PM. The actual apartments are ready but just like HobokenRefugee pointed out about half constructed buildings, other things like the hallways and lobbies aren't completed so you still feel like your living in a construction zone. They say everything should be completed within the next 2 weeks but I wouldn't hold your breath, that is unless your trying to not breathe in the construction dust.

Posted on: 2009/7/2 13:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
We are staying at the Sutton free of charge. I did my walk through inspection tonight and everything, except for a few minor details (cleaning mostly) was great. They will have everything fixed before we move in tomorrow. The secret with PM is to call or email them incessantly. As my husband likes to say, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Posted on: 2009/7/2 0:43

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
When we walked over on Monday the play looked far from ready.

That's how management rolls in these parts. Move people into a half complete building and then ignore all calls and emails when you ask about progress. I wonder how bad 30 Regent will be compared to the Zenith. Lots of people have broken their leases and left this place.

When you move in make sure you stay on management if you need repairs because it can take weeks to hear back from anyone.

Posted on: 2009/7/1 21:48

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Did they offer to put you in the Sutton and are you paying rent there? You are moving in tomorrow (Thursday the 2nd)??? When we walked over on Monday the play looked far from ready. What floor is your place on? Wow.

Posted on: 2009/7/1 20:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/23 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
I am currently living temporarily in the Sutton. PM has been very good about keeping us in the loop on what's going on. The only crappy thing is that there is no parking on the streets. My husband and I went to the parking authority to get zoned parking permits, which one can't have living here, since the streets are yet to be made public, from what I understand.
In any case, we move into the Regent tomorrow, so what's done is done. Let's hope it only gets better from here!

Posted on: 2009/7/1 18:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
i know a friend who's in one of the rentals in LHN, it was crazy almost 1 year after moving in they still havent finished painting the wall lol. I think she said, the residents ended up painting it themselves because it just looked so bad. There were also a lot of other problems with the building, like bait-switch the washer/dryer, and poor construction. She gave up trying to get out of the lease, just going to tough it out and get the hell out when it expires.

LHN started out as a great idea in a good location, but it's turning out to be somewhat of a fiasco. If you are looking to buy in that area, i suggest you pay slightly more and buy in gulls cove, that building is top notch.

Posted on: 2009/7/1 14:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
I'm in the Zenith. This place has been a nightmare from day one. Trying to get out of the lease now since many others have been successful.

Posted on: 2009/7/1 14:12

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Which Liberty Harbor location have you been living in?

Posted on: 2009/7/1 14:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Good luck with moving into The Regent. You will soon quickly find out that management has a compulsive lying issue and you will get five stories from three people on why things are wrong.

Once you move in, it will take weeks to get a maintenance response, and when the body odor boys do finally come to fix the problems, the repairs are done so poorly that they have to come back time and time again.

Posted on: 2009/7/1 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/21 18:57
From NJ
Group:
Registered Users
That's actually common with new construction or renovations. We were pushed back at The Beacon as well, but they were so nice because we were in REALLY poor temporary housing and they finished up our apartment quickly to get us out of there. We were the first to move in. I think you'll find it's worth it and that is better than if they rush your job and the finishing touches are not quality.

Posted on: 2009/7/1 13:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Good luck. I was supposed to move in on June 1st and that came and went. It looks like they were going to try and rush this in order to get some move-ins for July 1st, as it states in your lease that you can opt out after 30 days, but that certainly isn't going to happen. The lobby still has a temporary door attached and no ceiling. The place is a construction zone and I've been told that they still have not had their final inspection.

I will say that the management company did get in contact with me about three weeks before the original move-in date and have been pretty accommodating, they just haven't been even close on their completion estimates (Move-in date was June 1st when we signed the lease.....then when we were told that wasn't going to happen it was June 15th.....then it was July 1st, and that is certainly going to come and go.....)

Anyone else enjoying our fun? I want to get moved in so I can walk across the street to the Zeppelin!

Posted on: 2009/6/30 22:27

Opening at The Regent at Liberty Harbor

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 2:35
Group:
Registered Users
I'm interested in knowing if anyone is having issues with getting a straight answer on when the Regent at Liberty Harbor is going to be open ?

The management keeps saying the apartments are completed and are blaming the delays on the city inspector but I'm questioning this based on talking to the construction workers and actually walking around the building.

I also heard from a couple of people that their management waited until the last minute (like the day before tenants were suppose to move in) to tell them that the building wasn't completed.

I definitely feel like I'm getting the run around and considering I'm suppose to be moving into this building, I'm starting to get a bad feeling on how their management is going to be in the future.

Posted on: 2009/6/30 21:58

Re: Liberty Harbor North
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
yes, there is a pretty decent fitness center with treadmill s and othe machines that have those large lcd. Can't tell you anymore since I haven't gotten around to using it even once since I moved in.

Posted on: 2009/1/13 20:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/16 19:10
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ThirdStreet wrote:
I have a one bedroom at the sutton and am currently paying $445. Needless to say, the maintenance cost is tied to the square footage. I know of one bedrooms which are slightly smaller and pay a little less.
As for justifying it by looking at the amenities, I'll repeat what I said in an another thread : this only works out if your actually making use of them. Yes, there's a neat little movie theater, game room,giant jaccuzi, party room, etc etc but how often are you going to use them?

Also, free internet is only 120KBs per second. If you're someone who uses it for work or require something resembling 21 century broadband, you're going to have to pay (but not much, about $45 for 10Mbs a connection).

If you're concerned about maintenance costs being tad too high take a look at gulls cove. I found that maintenance costs there are are about $80 - $100 less every month on a comparable unit. GC comparable units do tend to be higher priced, however you maybe able to negotiate them down in the environment.

hope this helps

Is there a fitness center? Thanks for your help.

Posted on: 2009/1/13 20:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I have a one bedroom at the sutton and am currently paying $445. Needless to say, the maintenance cost is tied to the square footage. I know of one bedrooms which are slightly smaller and pay a little less.
As for justifying it by looking at the amenities, I'll repeat what I said in an another thread : this only works out if your actually making use of them. Yes, there's a neat little movie theater, game room,giant jaccuzi, party room, etc etc but how often are you going to use them?

Also, free internet is only 120KBs per second. If you're someone who uses it for work or require something resembling 21 century broadband, you're going to have to pay (but not much, about $45 for 10Mbs a connection).

If you're concerned about maintenance costs being tad too high take a look at gulls cove. I found that maintenance costs there are are about $80 - $100 less every month on a comparable unit. GC comparable units do tend to be higher priced, however you maybe able to negotiate them down in the environment.

hope this helps

Posted on: 2009/1/13 19:54

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/8 20:49
Group:
Registered Users
We were shown two of their last one bedrooms and the common charges were between: $456.92 and $520.65.

Posted on: 2009/1/13 19:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/26 5:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheHookJC wrote:
Does anyone have any idea what the maintenance goes for in 1brs here? Specifically the Sutton if anyone has looked into it.

Thanks.

I think its around $450. Its a little high, but you do need to see their amenities to understand why.

Posted on: 2009/1/13 19:02

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/9/16 19:10
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have any idea what the maintenance goes for in 1brs here? Specifically the Sutton if anyone has looked into it.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2009/1/13 18:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/12 21:06
Group:
Registered Users
at Sutton the guards and construction workers are great just don't try dealing with CMC for your security panel (um I moved in in March and it's still not set up) nor Gold Coast and their lack of hours for support. Most of the amenities they promised have yet to surface and the condo association is impossible to get ahold of or answer your questions, the guy collecting the money has an email address that bounces back everytime. And warning don't expect it to be Mac friendly. I'm still waiting for this wireless community promised on their advertising page.

Posted on: 2008/11/6 19:51

Re: Liberty Harbor
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I hate to break the news to you, but you were paying property taxes, just not directly to the city. You pay rent, and in turn your landlord pays the city; property taxes are based on the the value of a property, and the value of a property includes income earned from a renter. Now you may be paying more property taxes in a newly constructed property than your former landlord if the building was a historic structure, but only because the city hasn't assessed property values in almost two decades.

You're right, I did overlook that part of it. However, wouldn't my landlady still have to pay property taxes after I move out even if the apartment stayed empty? Wouldn't the taxes I pay at LH be additional money whether it was higher or lower than the taxes that my land lady was paying?

I am certainly no fan of Mocco. I just think does deserve some credit for his contribution to downtown JC.

Posted on: 2008/10/28 17:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/17 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Quote:

ThirdStreet wrote:
When I was rentingfor the past for years, I paid no property taxes whatsoever,but recieved ~ $80 homestead renter rebate check in the mail. This year, i will be paying roughly $5000 (after the homestead rebate)in property taxes. I think it's fair to assume that there are quite a few like me at Liberty Harbor who contributing more to the city's coffers and if you care for the city then, having more people paying taxes is a good thing.

I hate to break the news to you, but you were paying property taxes, just not directly to the city. You pay rent, and in turn your landlord pays the city; property taxes are based on the the value of a property, and the value of a property includes income earned from a renter. Now you may be paying more property taxes in a newly constructed property than your former landlord if the building was a historic structure, but only because the city hasn't assessed property values in almost two decades.

So, he's partially right :) (especially if the old rental was rented out)

Posted on: 2008/10/27 21:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ThirdStreet wrote:
When I was rentingfor the past for years, I paid no property taxes whatsoever,but recieved ~ $80 homestead renter rebate check in the mail. This year, i will be paying roughly $5000 (after the homestead rebate)in property taxes. I think it's fair to assume that there are quite a few like me at Liberty Harbor who contributing more to the city's coffers and if you care for the city then, having more people paying taxes is a good thing.

Posted on: 2008/10/25 14:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
poobear,
To answer your question, I feel pretty good. I don't know if they'll complete the "entire" thing or even what the entire thing is, but what's there now is good enough for me. Yeah the market sucks but I am going to need a place to stay regardless, and I am planning on living in JC for at least 7 more years.

I don't know why Mr Mocco having to pay fines should be a factor in anyone's decision to purchase or not purchase at LH, but based on my personal situation, I see Mocco has having contributed far more to JC than those city officials. When I was rentingfor the past for years, I paid no property taxes whatsoever,but recieved ~ $80 homestead renter rebate check in the mail. This year, i will be paying roughly $5000 (after the homestead rebate)in property taxes. I think it's fair to assume that there are quite a few like me at Liberty Harbor who contributing more to the city's coffers and if you care for the city then, having more people paying taxes is a good thing.

Posted on: 2008/10/24 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Back fees on the parking lot that he never paid to the city, and fines on the illegal billboard on Grand Street.

Posted on: 2008/10/24 20:57

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/24 20:53
Group:
Registered Users
what fines does mocco have to pay?

Posted on: 2008/10/24 20:54

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 »

[Advanced Search]

Login