Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
65 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 65

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Riding with other bikers - man lost control of his Harley - died from head trauma
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Since we are all have a guess on what happen, I'll throw in a few too.

1. victim of a pot hole
2. hit a rock or something on the road
3. had a heart-attack
4. front wheel blow-out

In a positive light (if there ever is one) he died doing what he loved with friends around him !

Posted on: 2009/5/20 12:09
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Re: Riding with other bikers - man lost control of his Harley - died from head trauma

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/25 16:25
Group:
Registered Users
Last week while heading towards the Tunnel, I had 8 motorcycles squeeze in between myself and the car next to me because apparently they can do whatever they want. I'm tired of their crap and this is what happens when they drive like idiots. I feel bad that he died but hopefully other motorcycle morons will now be more cautious!

Posted on: 2009/5/19 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Don,

While I applaud the effort to keep things on a positive note, and I honestly think the people bashing this poor dead guy is ridiculous, I have to point out that you may be a tad misguided in your criticism of certain people.

How would you classify people (of any color) playing basketball at 2am? I certainly wouldn't call them neighbors. The word "Thug" itself has no racial implications. I have seen it applied to all sorts of scum. And the cricket players ARE noisy. Saying that is simply stating a fact. Whether its a bunch of brits or indians. Noise is noise.

I am all for battling the ignorance that invades this site from time to time, but some of the things you say are just plain incorrect.

But yes, to those of you applauding the death of this man because you don't like noise from motorcycles, shame on you. I hate them just as much as you, but I don't think a noise violation warrants a death sentence.

Posted on: 2009/5/19 17:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/14 15:07
Group:
Registered Users
Like our democracy, this site is only as good (or bad) as those who participate in it. So many posts with racist innuendo -- about the "thugs" who play basketball, those noisy cricket players, or teens who have the gall to actually hang out with friends in a group. And then whenever there's an accident, numberous posters will torture the facts -- or just make them up -- to blame the victim. Now we have someone using a tragic accident as a jumping off point to wish that similar misfortunes befall others.

The internet allows people to vent their real thoughts/feelings without fear, and as we see, many people are small-minded, judgmental and downright cruel towards those they view as the "other". I thought I might call it out, at least this one time, to give voice to what I hope is the silent majority -- those of us who feel it is NOT ok to summarily judge others, be dismissive of them, or even wish ill upon them. I think I need to start spending less time on the internet, and instead start volunteering, so I can be around more compassionate influences.

Posted on: 2009/5/19 17:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/8 16:02
From Grove St.
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
For all we know this might have been the only means of transportation he could afford and he might have been the safest rider who ever rode a motorcycle.

That's even less likely.

Harleys are not particularly safe or inexpensive motorcycles and the "beanie-style" helmet he was wearing provides no crash protection whatsoever. Hardly the description of a safe, frugal motorcyclist.

Would you think the same thing if you saw a Fast-and-the-Furious modded Honda crashed up on 440 as well?

Posted on: 2009/5/18 19:16
Come on and rock me Amadeus

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Grow up? It sounds like the guy was in a freak accident. For all we know this might have been the only means of transportation he could afford and he might have been the safest rider who ever rode a motorcycle.
Do you tell people that drive convertables to grow up if there's a freak accident where a guy gets thrown out of it? or how about myself, who's almost gotten plowed into many times because I ride a bicycle back and forth to work each day. I should probably grow up too and conform to society.
cheers

Posted on: 2009/5/18 17:10
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
This guy's death is tragic but what is with these bikers who seem trapped by their arrested development. Grown men tooling around, revving their engines "look at me"! Cruising up and down Washington St. in Hoboken and Jersey City. Fellas!! High School ended for you a long time ago!
RIP biker guy and may the rest of them grow up.

Posted on: 2009/5/18 15:07

Riding with other bikers - man lost control of his Harley - died from head trauma
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Biker dies in crash near Holland Tunnel

Monday, May 18, 2009
CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A 40-year-old motorcyclist from Landing, N.J. died on the Jersey City roadway that leads to the Holland Tunnel early Saturday morning after he lost control of his Harley Davidson and slammed into a concrete support, police reports said.

Henry R. Henderson Jr. of Orben Drive in Landing was wearing a "beanie" style helmet that cracked and shattered upon impact, reports said.

The helmet is not approved by the U.S. Department of Transportation, officials said.

Called to the scene at 12:17 a.m., police found Henderson lying on the pavement on the eastbound side of the Depressed Highway, his bike roughly 50 feet further east, reports said.

A witness said Henderson was part of a group of several bikers who were riding toward the Holland Tunnel. The witness, who was riding at the back of the pack, said he saw Henderson start to wobble, then slam into a concrete pillar and spin in air with his feet above his head, reports said.

The victim was pronounced dead at the scene at 12:39 a.m.

Posted on: 2009/5/18 12:41

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017