Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Electricity bill

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/24 20:37
Group:
Registered Users
I was just wondering what the electricity bill is like at The Regent?

Posted on: 2009/9/24 20:50

Re: PSE & G
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nickie wrote:
PSE&G sucks...

I have been trying to call PSE&G for over a week - calling at 2 or 3 different times per day to tell them we are moving and need to transfer service and I also get the "high call volume/power outage" recording.

So I went online was able to stop service at our soon to be old address and then in order to start service at our new place we would have to put down a $528 dollar deposit to move forward with the online process. FORGET THAT!

So I called again (and again and again...) - and finally took someone's advice earlier in the thread about the "Press 1 and ask for customer service" and I got someone on the line right away. The person didn't seem frazzled that I was taking time away from an emergency and was able to help me ASAP - Power outages? Yeah right.

But here's why PSE&G sucks even more...

So although I've been trying to call them for days that we are moving and to get service turned on at the new place, they're now telling me they can't get it turned on until 3 days after we have moved in! (I'm on hold with them right now!) Now that is unacceptable! So between now and 2 weeks from now, they have no availability to turn on our power and we'll have to live and move-in in the dark. We'll see about that.

Oh and I tried to report them to the BBB and apparently they're not registered with them. Figures...

Is there power in the new place? It's rare that the service is shut off and it's usually just a transfer of accounts.

Call back and ask for a customer relations supervisor. If that fails, send Richard.Dwyer@pseg.com an email explaining the situation...

Good luck

Posted on: 2009/5/21 22:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
Well Kids they claim our meter was read wrong. Now they are paid in full and now they say we should read our own meter. Wait a moment. I assumed they pay people to do that for me. My next reading is next week. So now I have to read the meter myself to double check the reading. Funny.

I got the funny cartoon like piece of paper. What do I do now?

LOL

Posted on: 2009/5/21 21:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
PSE&G is subject to the jurisdiction of the NJ board of public utilities - you can call 973-648-2350 or 800-624-0241 to complain. I'm really not sure how much good it will do, but you can try. PSE&G does suck. They're rip-off artists and if I didn't like American Idol so much - I'd read books by candlelight !

Posted on: 2009/5/6 14:45

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/10 14:44
From Under the Turnpike
Group:
Registered Users
PSE&G sucks...

I have been trying to call PSE&G for over a week - calling at 2 or 3 different times per day to tell them we are moving and need to transfer service and I also get the "high call volume/power outage" recording.

So I went online was able to stop service at our soon to be old address and then in order to start service at our new place we would have to put down a $528 dollar deposit to move forward with the online process. FORGET THAT!

So I called again (and again and again...) - and finally took someone's advice earlier in the thread about the "Press 1 and ask for customer service" and I got someone on the line right away. The person didn't seem frazzled that I was taking time away from an emergency and was able to help me ASAP - Power outages? Yeah right.

But here's why PSE&G sucks even more...

So although I've been trying to call them for days that we are moving and to get service turned on at the new place, they're now telling me they can't get it turned on until 3 days after we have moved in! (I'm on hold with them right now!) Now that is unacceptable! So between now and 2 weeks from now, they have no availability to turn on our power and we'll have to live and move-in in the dark. We'll see about that.

Oh and I tried to report them to the BBB and apparently they're not registered with them. Figures...

Posted on: 2009/5/6 14:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
Call this number: 1-800-357-2262 - its the credit department, but play stupid and tell them you want to pay your last bill and get the address changed. They'll transfer you over and you won't get cut off. I'm doing it right now for something else.....I hate PSEG - they suck and they rip you off for EVERYTHING

Posted on: 2009/5/5 15:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
It takes about a minute to process a move order online. Go to the website, register and then follow the prompts for a change in service - you don't need to speak to a customer service person to do this.

It is taking about a 20 to 30 minute wait to get a live operator on PSEG. I just put my phone on speaker and waited and waited and waited....

Posted on: 2009/5/5 14:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
I am moving in 4 days and need to get my PSE&G service transferred over to the new address. I have been unable to get through to customer service for the past 2 days. They keep playing a recording about a power outage in the area and that there is an unusually high call volume. Give me a break.

Posted on: 2009/5/5 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/23 10:53
Group:
Registered Users
Has any of you guys done this LIHEAP? Heres a link...
http://www.pseg.com/customer/home/bill/pdf/liheap_njshares09.pdf
Todays the last day, Im going today to see what they can do for me cause my bills in the past werent that bad,, the last few months is was about $100.00 over than the last few years.

Posted on: 2009/4/30 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ok I saw my neighbor downstairs. His condo is the exact same layout. I brought my bill down to compare. He has lived there for years and said there is really something wrong with my bill. I have all my past bills and all were actual readings. His bill was about $120. That's a $100 difference.

There are also strange "extra's" on mine that he does not have. Also His range goes form 12 to 0 and mine goes from 36 to 0. Have no idea what this is about. My partner is going to Journal Square to figure it out. My neighbor was kind to give us a copy of him bill for comparison.

Anyway it will get fixed I am sure

Posted on: 2009/4/30 15:01

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/13 20:39
From hamilton park
Group:
Banned
it's all good, i got thick enough skin. i understand everyone sides. i have to deal with it all the same myself. i remember getting my 1s apartment in west new york years ago and they actually flipped who's accounts where who's and apparently the apartment that i was getting billed for liked to use a lot of gas. we thought it was crazy that we got a bill that was clearly not for our usage (keeping at 62 degree's all winter) when i finally checked the meters i was able to figure out on my own that the meters they were reading and billing me for where for the 2nd floor not the 3rd floor which was the one i lived on. they screw up its annoying. but you know who screws up too? the people who mail me my medicine. yeah and comcast. and just about any company they provides service to millions of customers. its unfortunate but mistakes and errors and confusions are bound to happen. i mean most people who complain about customer service wouldn't even step down and take the pay cuts to to do such menial and unrewarding work anyways, they really view those who do that sort of work as scum and bottom of the barrel when in reality they are just dudes like all of us trying to get by. as for "deciding to take lunch" they work a schedule from time A to time B you take lunch at time C unless management dictates otherwise. who the management filled that window with really isn't the workers fault and his level of training shouldn't be questioned. would you rather him attempt to process something he has no idea how to before he's qualified and trained for it and potentially screw up your issues even further? i think not. no matter what people feel they are over charged for electricity and gas because they don't understand the work and effort that goes into suppling the most densely populated area of the most densely populated state with electricity 24 hours a day 7 days a week 365 days a year. i will have you know the system doesn't maintain itself. as i said talk to gpu and jersey central customers. i am not saying you shouldn't complain but in the area you are in your lights stay on more then anywhere in the U.S. would you rather rolling brown out during periods of high usage? or would you rather be able to turn your AC on when ever you like? its unfortunate that you feel obligated that you have to use pse&g because you can find other electric providers, though from everything i have read it hasn't seemed economically the right choice for me. other providers can sell you their electricity look into it.

brooklynboy it still seems to me that at some point leading up to the "accurate reading" that you probably had an estimated bill or two for the billing cycles before they accurate reading. as far your partners unwillingness to be "green" and/or help you with your billing issues its not really the utilities responsibility to figure out why your bills so high if they have read your meter accurately and when scheduled.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 23:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/5 19:45
Group:
Banned
Poor wildwildzero. I knew the second I read that deadly earnest post that he'd be crucified for it.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 21:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Not to be coy but I guess if you mention Wild Wild Zero you may get ahead with PSE & G.

I live in a condo and my landlord said she NEVER had a bill of that size.

Hoboken Refugee

My partner would kill me if every morning I unplugged everything before I went to work. I would not have a partner if I did that.

The problem is we still have the same things plugged in and why so high now.

Oh well

This thread is getting as exciting as the Comcast thread.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 21:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
God, I was at the payment center in Bayonne today. I had to schlepp out there because they screwed up my bill, and it's been impossible to get anyone on the phone.

After I was finished, the slob behind the counter decided that she had to go to lunch, leaving a bunch of people standing on line. There was another guy working there, but he was a robot who could only do bill paying and nothing more.

Can you imagine if the rest of the world ran this way?

Posted on: 2009/4/29 21:11

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
Good old PSE&G. We started unplugging everything when not in use. 67 dollars for a 2 bed/2 bath. The utilities can go choke on it with the prices they're charging.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 20:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/29 15:11
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
not sure if this is what's happening to you, but, I had ~100% increase in my PSEG in the first couple months this yr. at first I thought this was a correction from estimated to actual. but when it happened 2 months in a row (following an actual reading) I called up. (took me about an hour or two to straighten it out as I was cut off 2 min. after finally reaching the first CS person.)

anyway... their conclusion was that I was getting 'double billed'. iow, 2 meter readers were reporting usage and it got into the system as a double bill. crazy that this wasn't caught somehow no?

so... I just recvd my 'adjusted bill'. it still seems a bit high, so I'm not sure if they've actually stopped the double reporting or not... yay another couple hrs of time to waste on this crap.

and, yes... I'm tempted to look at some past bills from yrs past, but given that I have to work for a living and that my job is not calling customer service people for fun and profit, I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen.

good luck.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Wild Wild Zero

I will state one more time, it is an actual. I have ALWAYS has actual bills. My a/c is not in as of yet. PSE & G has access to my building.

I do not understand how it jumped 500 KWH in one month when everything I do is the same.

I guess I will have to read the meter myself. I will also make an appointment for a read as well.

As for custmer service, being on hold for 45 minutes only have the computer disconnect me is not up to par. I would not call that service.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
Don't overlook the fact that PSE&G has increased their rates almost 50% in the last year. We have gone from around $.12/kwhr to $.18/kwhr.
This means that last year's $100 bill has become this year's $150 bill with no change in useage.

Ahhh, the joys of deregulated utilities.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 14:56

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/13 20:39
From hamilton park
Group:
Banned
as a former meter reader for PSE&G i will comment on several of the issues i have seen posted. i am personally bummed on the hate and trash talk about pse&g\'s customer service seeing as they employed me for several years. i know the hard work i put in though i cant vouch for everyone in the company, i think public opinion is skewed on the subject.

to the original poster, it sounds like your first couple of bills where probably estimated and when they finally got access and where able to make a accurate read that you had used more electricity then they had billed you for. so there for an adjustment was made and you were accurately billed for your usage (this is the most common reason for this to be honest) all though the meter reader could have made a mistake, it is unlikely, most readers average 3 \"errors\" for 12,000 meters assigned or something like that. you may actually have someone \"borrowing\" you electric. it\'s fairly easy and common in area\'s like jersey city, newark, irvington, trenton and camden. infact pse&g has an revenue integrity department thats sole job is to investigate and catch theft.

now i know this all sounds like i am shill but as i said i think the publics opinion of the \"monopoly\" that they see pse&g as is not very accurate. they work very closely with the bpu and have some of the highest standards in safety and more importantly customer reliability. if you like having your lights on be thankful any of the other providers in nj are serving your area, its a fact that pse&g win award after award from the government for providing the most reliable electricity! beyond that they employ many of your neighbors and friends and fellow local new jerseyians. they even currently work closely with local community colleges who have utility technician course and employ students as summer/winter part time help and even attend to place all students with in the company upon graduating the course. its hard to fill utility jobs with qualified and wlling bodies. pse&g is also working very hard to rebuild an ancient infastructure and continue to supply all of you with reliable efficient and hopefully the green energy possible.

i know you feel like you know what you are all talking about, but in reality you don\'t. go buy yourselves a power quality meter and clamp on ammeter and monitor your usage. you will find your meter is pretty damn accurate. or you can hire someone who you will pay a pretty penny for and he will monitor your homes/apartments usage.

just like my own apartment it is my own responsibility to make sure my meters are read on a monthly basis. yearly schedules are available, you can call in your own readings, you can get a dial card, there are probably several other methods to ensure you are accurately billed every month!

i will share one story from my meter reading days, there was a customer in north arlington every month he\'d be home answer and say \"no thanks, i call in my readings\" i couldn\'t make him let me in and even though the BPU mandates we physically read the meters at least once every twelve months theres nothing i could do to get in. three years later his daughter was home and he wasn\'t she let me and i got an accurate read. he was billed $3,000. he had been calling in false reading for 3 years. it was eventually caught and was on the hook for the bill.

any one calling pse&g this week would experience high volume. seeing as pse&g service appliances namely AIR CONDITIONERS with the weather of the past 3 days call volume is with out a doubt up.

this is long winded and i doubt most of you will read this, but i am an average joe barely graduated high school and pse&g really has done very little wrong to me (beyond once sending me an employee a $1000 bill). i have met so many people who have been given very similar opportunities and they have made the most of them and work many many hours to provide the friends, family and neighbors with LIGHTS with out question and complaint. its not an easy life, i just wish one day i\'d read on a message board like this a positive experience with anything relating to pse&g

Posted on: 2009/4/29 0:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/7 1:54
Group:
Registered Users
We've experienced this problem several times over the course of our 10 years in JC. It's been a variety of problems. 1) they read the meter wrong 2) they read the wrong meter 3) they were previously reading the meter wrong and now are making up the difference 4) they were previously reading the wrong meter and are now correcting it. You get the idea.

One year we didn't pay our utility bill for several months because they had been grossly overcharging us since we had moved in (that was when they were reading the wrong meter).

One more possibility (had this happen in a couple of places in JC and out), there is an outlet in someone else's apartment that is on your bill. You may not have noticed it until someone plugged in an AC unit/heater.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 23:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Gethuman.com very useful for getting past the automated phone systems of companies:

For PSE&G it tells you to press 1 to "report a gas leak", and when you get a person, ask for customer service.

http://www.gethuman.com/customer-serv ... e_Electric___Gas_650.html

Posted on: 2009/4/28 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Dear JC

Mine has been actual since Dec. for both. Our apt is a 1 bedroom railroad but new appliances and windows. The place was renovated like 2 years ago. Everything here is energy star. Oh by the way I have been on hold for 24 minutes.

I have not had the heat on since mid march. My water heater is gas heated.

Thanks all. I feel like I am not in this alone.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:51

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/2 23:19
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry to hear you did not get through...In my experience, the high volume call message is simply the default message, one you get at any time of day and under any weather conditions. And then as you say, they hang up. Have to hand it to a monopoly...

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
OK back already. High volume caused the "computer" assisted recording to hangup on me. Gumbo you were right.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
B Boy - check Feb and March - it's possible they were estimated and if either was and now April is Actual, you're now paying up for the shortfall of the estimated months.

I have a 2BR and use about 600KWH but I have gas heat (but an electric water heater). Averaged over the three months, you're using 666 KWH, which does seem a little high, but electric heat is very inefficient.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Gumbo

They always had those insane charges for getting it to you. It is not like they are showing up with a giant plug to e juice a battery.

Thanks to the support about calling LOL I knew that would be a problem. What the hell I will give it a shot.

Report to follow. LOL

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Ansky

I looked at my bill and thanks. It does refer to the new billing cycle. How many days did they add to my cycle? 1 month. I would assume then that next month it should be a hell of a lot smaller. I assume I should be less than the high winter season of 500 KWH.

Well I will give them a call and try to figure this craziness out.

Wish me luck with PSE & G. This ought to be fun

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:18

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/2 23:19
Group:
Registered Users
Similar situation, with the electricity portion at $140 in the latest bill, which seems like it just has to be wrong, but bill says it is an actual reading. one-third of the bill is for 'distribution charges'. what's to distribute with energy? it's not like they are trucking it around in a tank...any engineers who can shed some light?

otherwise, good luck calling pse&g...i have tried to get a human being on the line numerous times without success--always get a call back later message. customer service is nonexistent.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
I had a similar issue. My electric usage this month showed about 30% higher than usual. At the beginning of my bill there was a message that bills may be higher this month due to a new billing system - so we are actually being charged for a billing period that is longer than usual. But your case sounds excessive.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Mikey

My bill is an actual. I have the same 1 computer and the same 2 tv's. I am doing the same things I always do so I am just confused. PSE & G have the combo to the basement so they always have access. I do not get how my KWH jumped from 500 to 1000. Something is not right here. On a side note it is not that I do not have the money but I will not pay for a mistake.

Does anyone think I should call them? If so what would I possibly say that would make sense. UGH.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:04

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017