Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 101

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

Re: Low flying Jet spotted over Jersey City confirmed as Air Force One
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
The more info that keeps coming out, it seems that there is no conspiracy. Hey, I was putting it out there. But, it appears to be a large, expensive showoff of incompetence.

I was originally under the assumption that this was a VIDEO shoot?? If this was for still photos, i might just have to excuse myself and go puke. I can fake a Mars landing in PS. and part of me will just die inside if we just dropped over 300k for a shot that can easily be created without F16s.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 1:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/23 2:50
Group:
Registered Users
I think what brian_em expressed in the first paragraph is at the root of many conspiracy theories - the belief that government couldn't possibly be this stupid/incompetent. Still, that many people were told of the stunt beforehand makes stupidity the parsimonious explanation.

I find it strange that conspiracy believers, who generally posture as anti-government, display such a faith in the competence of government. A good example is the Truthers who think the Bush administration did the 9/11 attacks and managed to keep a conspiracy that would have involved dozens, if not hundreds, of people secret. They couldn't even bail out a major city after a flood but they could do this dastardly act without anyone ratting them out?

I agree that anyone who justifies the "Scare Force One" incident has allowed Obama fandom to blind them. It also pisses me off that the cost of this stunt was probably close to $1M.

Quote:

brian_em wrote:
First off, it's Kool-aid.

I don't believe the photo shoot business not b/c of politics. I just can't believe anyone could be that insensitive and incompetent to arrange a stunt like that. It's beyond retarded.

And if you think it's OK for our government to fly a fake AF1 around NYC, diving near buildings for NO REAL reason, then you have your head so far up Obamas A$$ that you can't breathe fresh air anymore.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
What happened was totally uncool and should cost people some jobs.

I, for one, have gotten really tired of people saying "I take responsibility for this."

Somehow that idea has become disconnected from the idea of accepting the consequences.

Whenever I had to take responsibility for doing something bad as a child, that meant I got paddled!

Whoever had the idea of a photo shoot needs to be paddled, too.

Posted on: 2009/4/29 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:
The flyover -- apparently ordered by the White House Office of Military Affairs so it would have souvenir photos of Air Force One with the Statue of Liberty in the background

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/4/29 0:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
See, I knew you've been drinking the Obama Kool-aid. It was a test. A TEST! Only someone drinking it would correct me. In any event-it wasn't a fake AF one-it was one of the many true AF ones.

I think it was stupid-par for the course for this administration. But I don't think that multiple state and federal dept's lied about receiving an advanced memo.

So please Brian_em-dont do anything drastic. Tell us where you are. Help is on the way.

Please shut up you asshat. Your thinly-veiled racism is annoying and boring. It is very clear that Obama did not know anything about this. Or are you like the dolt earlier in this thread who thinks Air Force One is like Obama's car? "He should know where it is!!!!!!" Pillock.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/4/29 0:17

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/30 16:58
Group:
Registered Users
Assuming this was a photo-op, I would love to see the JC List thread created by the administration photoshopping a picture of Air Force 1 into the NYC skyline.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 23:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/4/28 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
It hurt me to type it, Brian_em, it hurt a lot.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 23:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Whoa, did Jenny half stick up for me? That would be a JClist first. Love it.

But listen Skep. I'm not running around protesting anywhere over this. lol. I'm not passing out flyers or making films.

But, until I see this footage, I will remain extremely skeptical.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 23:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
See, I knew you've been drinking the Obama Kool-aid. It was a test. A TEST! Only someone drinking it would correct me. In any event-it wasn't a fake AF one-it was one of the many true AF ones.

I think it was stupid-par for the course for this administration. But I don't think that multiple state and federal dept's lied about receiving an advanced memo.

So please Brian_em-dont do anything drastic. Tell us where you are. Help is on the way.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 22:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Despite SkepticalHook's low (and totally harsh) jabs at Brian_Em, it seems like you both agree on this subject. All the anger spewage makes it hard to tell though. Classic.

What happened was totally uncool and should cost people some jobs. Agree on that.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 22:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
First off, it's Kool-aid.

I don't believe the photo shoot business not b/c of politics. I just can't believe anyone could be that insensitive and incompetent to arrange a stunt like that. It's beyond retarded.

And if you think it's OK for our government to fly a fake AF1 around NYC, diving near buildings for NO REAL reason, then you have your head so far up Obamas A$$ that you can't breathe fresh air anymore.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Wow Brian_em-we are all tempted to taste the cool-aide every now and then, but you just go in, fill up your canteen and empty that down your gullet. Keep drinking-i hope you don't operate heavy machinery or leave your home. Ever! You are the reason I am in favor of locking up the insane in publically-supported institutions. Tell me where to send the check.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 22:21

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/5 13:14
Group:
Registered Users
this was a major f-up. The White House Press Secreatary handled it very poorly. people were very scared..my beloved was heading into 101 Hudson when the planes flew over...towards our kids grammar school..she was in lower Manhatten on 9/11. didn't need to relive that day.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
WTF? I've seen many photo shoots from the air. I've done them myself. This didn't seem like a photo shoot, and If I'm a "wacko" for thinking that, so be it.

If it wasn't a photo shoot. I'm cool with that too. If our government is testing equipment to keep us or the president safe. GREAT! That's where I want my tax $ to go.

If it was a photo shoot, even if they announced it...I'd be even more pissed off, just like Bloomberg, Just like our own President. It's a slap in the face, and in extreme bad taste.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 22:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
To Brian_em and other jclist wackos-please just put your heads down on your desks and go to sleep. Adults are talking now. F'in idiots.

Memos were released well before this. They just failed wholly to properly notify the general public. Go sell crazy to your fellow Obamanites. Or simply put the blame where it belongs, squarely on his greased shoulders. Nobody in the US will see any accountability from FheadPOTUS while you keep wearing your tinfoil hats, screaming about conspiracy theories and think that giving $$$ to lazy good for nothing scum will rebuild society. Guaranteed.

But you keep dreaming, reading the propaganda and eating your leadpaint chips. Natural selection will eventually weed you out.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:58

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/5 19:45
Group:
Banned
Sure you would. I bet your posting history would corroborate that, too. How do you feel about the 9-11 truthers?

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CubaLibre wrote:
LOL at brian_em's "like 95%" conspiracy theories.

Funny how one's perspective on conspiracy theories is tied to their own political biases. Such as, all 9-11 conspiracy theorists are just unpatriotic Bush-hating liberals, but this Air Force one cluster-eff (in which nobody was killed) has all the right-wing drum-beaters clamoring for a Ken Starr appointment.

Funny.

Way to troll. But this has nothing to do with Right or Left. I'd be saying the same thing NO MATTER WHO WAS PRESIDENT.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:31

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/5 19:45
Group:
Banned
LOL at brian_em's "like 95%" conspiracy theories.

Funny how one's perspective on conspiracy theories is tied to their own political biases. Such as, all 9-11 conspiracy theorists are just unpatriotic Bush-hating liberals, but this Air Force one cluster-eff (in which nobody was killed) has all the right-wing drum-beaters clamoring for a Ken Starr appointment.

Funny.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:
I most emphatically DO NOT believe the preposterous cover story that it was a "photo-op." Something went on that we will not be told about.

+1 If my information is correct, it was a top secret test of a new security system for AF-1, known as a 'cloaking' device.

It failed.

And Arlen Specter lost his bet, I just learned.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 21:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I was in the Grove St Path area when this whole BS went down. It sure as hell didn't feel like a photo shoot. The plane was flying somewhat out of control, which led many people to believe it was high jacked.

Now, if it was a "photo shoot" it's got to be the dumbest idea of our lifetime. With 9-11 and planes crashing in the Hudson, NY would be the last place on earth for this sort of thing. No one though people would freak out? I really hope our government is not THAT stupid.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I'm like 95% sure that was NOT a photo shoot. If it was, they could have warned people without creating a scene. Just say something was going to happen, but don't give a specific time....simple.

Also, If it was a photo shoot, what's the deal with the F16s? Where were the cameras? Do we have HiDef Cams mounted to F16s with professional cameramen operating them? Wouldn't it be a 1000x easier to shoot from a helicopter? If the fighters where supposed to be in the shot, Why wouldn't we use the new F22s that we have? I think our government better release that footage pretty soon, cuz...I'm not buying it.

So, if it was some kind of a test. Why NY? That's what the Desert is for. Which leads me to some concern. I really hope there wasn't some sort of Geiger counter on that plane, and they were looking for something...or anything else of that nature...

Posted on: 2009/4/28 20:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/8 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:
I most emphatically DO NOT believe the preposterous cover story that it was a "photo-op." Something went on that we will not be told about.

+1 If my information is correct, it was a top secret test of a new security system for AF-1, known as a 'cloaking' device.

It failed.

Adapting Romulan cloaking technology to our technology has always been problematic...

Posted on: 2009/4/28 20:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:

It failed.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 18:53

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/13 7:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Loopy wrote:
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:

After all, NOBODY could actually be stupid enough to order this kind of behavior for some photos. NOBODY, not even the Air Force brass much less the office of the president.

I would be interesting to hear a recording of the transmissions between the jet and "Air Force 1."

I guarantee this will not quickly go away.

...and 9/11 was an inside job, amirite? Tool.

I often wonder if people who believe everything is a conspiracy realize just how difficult conspiracies are to pull off on a federal level.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:

After all, NOBODY could actually be stupid enough to order this kind of behavior for some photos. NOBODY, not even the Air Force brass much less the office of the president.

I would be interesting to hear a recording of the transmissions between the jet and "Air Force 1."

...and 9/11 was an inside job, amirite? Tool.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
In a way, it's his plane, if someone took your car, don't you want to know what they are doing with it?

That has to be the stupidest sentence ever posted on this site. Here, take this:

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/4/28 15:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/2 23:04
Group:
Banned
Sorry - 3 shots, one from the grassy knoll, from a guy in a BJ's shopping cart with a yellow parakeet.......

Posted on: 2009/4/28 15:23

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/2 23:04
Group:
Banned
So let's recap - 3 shots, one from the grassy knoll...........

Posted on: 2009/4/28 15:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Xerxes wrote:

if it's a regular passanger jet, i can see it as a cover up. But this is the air force one for chrissake, the government have complete control over the aircraft and i am sure all the pilots/crews on it went through the most strict security checks.

So what other reason could there possibly be for flying it so low over nyc, i tend to believe the photo op story is true now.

Posted on: 2009/4/28 15:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/4/28 14:21

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017