Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Newport: Rentals at the Shore Club?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/17 21:34
Group:
Registered Users
Hey Wibbit, thanks a lot.

Will check out A condos and Mandalay. I am guessing that the best place to find rentals in those buildings is Craigslist as they look like residential buildings.

Posted on: 2009/4/15 12:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

homeseeker9 wrote:
Thanks again Wibbit.
What other buildings do you recommend in the Newport/Pavonia area?

I checked out Pacific & Rivercourt the other day .... they are ok, but the quality was nothing near The Shore.
Marbella was decent, but I heard negative reviews about its management. Don't know if A and Crystal Point will be walkable from Newport Path.

Some other choices:

1) James monroe is good, it's an older building so not close to the "luxury" of shore but well maintained and much better than those lefrak rentals.

2) A (athena) condo is slightly worse location wise (more south on washington), but the building is top notch and you can easily get a unit with indoor assigned parking(which is huge in newport), as most units in the building comes with parking spot.

3) crystal point i dont know much about, but i think it's similar to A

4) All the other newport rentals lefrak has are of lower quality (rent reflect this as well).

5) There's also mandalay, which is very nice. But it's more closer to exchange place than newport. (search mandalay condo on google map).

6) On the west side of mall, as mentioned you can find more condos, but those are in hamilton park area (cheaper) and no longer newport.

Just start on washington blvd & newport parkway, and walk south, you will be able to find all the buildings.

If it were me, i will rent at A if need parking spot, or james monroe if dont need parking spot.

All the building listed are walkable 5-10mins to newport or exchange place path. Unless you are 65+ it's a really easy walk.

Posted on: 2009/4/15 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Hamilton Place is now renting as well as selling.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 18:42

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks again Wibbit.
What other buildings do you recommend in the Newport/Pavonia area?

I checked out Pacific & Rivercourt the other day .... they are ok, but the quality was nothing near The Shore.
Marbella was decent, but I heard negative reviews about its management. Don't know if A and Crystal Point will be walkable from Newport Path.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 18:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

homeseeker9 wrote:
Thanks Wibbit,
How does views play into it? and what about Broker fees? I thought this was paid by the owner and not tenant generally.

Craiglist has an apartment which is asking for a month of rent as broker fees.

Most of the buildings you see in newport are owned by lefrak company as rentals, they do not charge broker fee and actually gives you a free month. call the number on http://newportnj.com/residences/newport-rental-towers for the rental office.

Of course better views usually means higher rent, but honestly if you are renting who cares (just personal preference).

The shore club and james monroe(45 river drive south) are condos, so you will see owners/agents listing them. It is standard practice for tenants to pay the 1 month broker fee in the past, but in today's tough market that has changed. Definitely do not pay the fee.

If you are willing to consider other buildings other than the shore, you will have much more options. Just dont live on the top floors of those other buildings, it's a freaking windtunnel, the noises are really bad.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 16:42

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/17 12:32
From Van Vorst
Group:
Registered Users
Craigslist has broker and no broker fee sections (however occasionally I've seen broker's asking for fee in the no fee section).

I don't know how set you are on the Shore Club or what time frame you need to move, but in this market I definitely wouldn't pay a fee. Try talking to the management company or subletting from someone on CL instead.

Also, I've been seeing more and more no fee listings on brokers websites (delforno, weichert) so try those as well. Good luck!

Posted on: 2009/4/14 14:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks Wibbit,
How does views play into it? and what about Broker fees? I thought this was paid by the owner and not tenant generally.

Craiglist has an apartment which is asking for a month of rent as broker fees.

Posted on: 2009/4/14 13:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
newport:
1br 1700
2br2ba 2300

shore: add $400 to it

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/searc ... =min&maxAsk=max&bedrooms=

Posted on: 2009/4/13 5:30

Newport: Rentals at the Shore Club?

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Hey guys,

Any idea about rents at The Shore? I know it is a residential building, but I saw a couple of ads by the owners for renting out their apartments.

Just wondering what's the "reasonable" rent for a 2bd/2bt for it (given what's happening in the market)? Also, any pointers on finding apartments in that building will be really appreciated.

Thanks,
HomeSeeker9

Posted on: 2009/4/13 4:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017