Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: All Points West 2009 Festival linuep - Guess the lineup & WIN TICKETS!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
The VIP area was not worth it at all. You got to sit in bleachers and got access to a bathroom no one else but VIP people could use.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 16:27

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/13 3:14
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone try the VIP area last year? If so, how was it different than general admission?

Thanks!

Posted on: 2009/3/30 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Set times will be ready a few days before the shows.

The headliners all get the spotlight all to themselves, so no worries about Tool vs My Bloody Valentine.

The only question regarding Tool is if Maynard will face the crowd.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 15:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/9 2:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Way better lineup than last year, I just want to see the set times. Hopefully My Bloody Valentine aren't playing the same time as Tool.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 15:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Depends on what you mean by "center of the park". It's exactly one mile to Audrey Zapp and Phillip St from the Grove St. Path (check Gmap pedometer) and 8/10 to the shelter with the public restrooms (which is probably still not "the center") If it's not 25 to 30 mintues, it's damned close. Plus, you ever walk over the Jersey Ave. extension bridge in the middle of summer? There aren't many smells that rival that one for pure evil.

You keep talking about the fact that people have to get to the ferry on the Manhattan side - how many people do you think live within walking distance of the PATH? 5%? 10%? And if the WTC Path station is closed that weekend, the 33rd st. PATH is going to be miserably crowded.

Sure they should put up clearer information on the PATH (it's there, just buried in other sections.) Yes, it's great if local merchants get more traffic - and they will. I just don't think this is as scandalous as you are making it out to be.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 15:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
It is healthy and it is by no means a 30min walk from Grove to the center of the park - and still you forget that people in Manhattan have to first get all the way down to this ferry dock and then have to wait in line to come over here.

They really need to add the PATH subway to their website!

Not to mention it is good for local merchants if they gain foot traffic -- Come on let them sell some bagels and such!

Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
They do list NJ Transit and the PATH as options. For the folks coming from Manhattan I guess their point is that if the PATH and ferry left Manhattan at the same time, the ferry would get you to the site quicker. It would take about half an hour to get to the concert grounds by foot from Grove. The ferry drops you off at the concert grounds.

Another thing to note is that the WTC/NWK/JSQ PATH line may be closed on this weekend, unless they decide to run it for the festival.

Anyway, for most JC residents access could not be easier.

Exactly - and in the "Getting There" section, they describe both the ferry and trains as "one of the fastest and easiest ways to get there."

Also - the $15/$20/$25 ferry ticket is round trip (From "Getting There"): Ferry tickets are available from Ticketmaster and all tickets are round trip. Tickets are $15 in advance through Ticketmaster, $20 the week of the show, and $25 if purchased at the ferry box office on the day of the show. Individual tickets must be purchased for each day.

So, if you want to take the ferry and buy your tickets in advance, it's a $12 difference without the 25 to 30 minute walk from Grove St each way.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/5/16 16:22
From beneath the jumping sheep
Group:
Registered Users
Wow, this is a much better lineup than last year's! I'm definitely going this time.

Was there a discount for JC residents last year (and will it be implemented again this year) .... or did I just imagine that?

Quote:

T-Bird wrote:
What a huge lineup! There are at least a dozen bands (Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend, Elbow, Silversun Pickups, to name some) that are every bit as good as the headliners. I went to Bumbershoot in Seattle last year and this lineup is much stronger. Transportation issues aside, this should be a great weekend for the city.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
They do list NJ Transit and the PATH as options. For the folks coming from Manhattan I guess their point is that if the PATH and ferry left Manhattan at the same time, the ferry would get you to the site quicker. It would take about half an hour to get to the concert grounds by foot from Grove. The ferry drops you off at the concert grounds.

Another thing to note is that the WTC/NWK/JSQ PATH line may be closed on this weekend, unless they decide to run it for the festival.

Exactly - and in the "Getting There" section, they describe both the ferry and trains as "one of the fastest and easiest ways to get there."

Also - the $15/$20/$25 ferry ticket is round trip (From "Getting There"): Ferry tickets are available from Ticketmaster and all tickets are round trip. Tickets are $15 in advance through Ticketmaster, $20 the week of the show, and $25 if purchased at the ferry box office on the day of the show. Individual tickets must be purchased for each day.

So, if you want to take the ferry and buy your tickets in advance, it's a $12 difference without the 25 to 30 minute walk from Grove St each way.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/3/30 14:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
The walk from Grove Street to the concert site makes the PATH the slowest form of transportation...If the Liberty Harbor beer garden opens up in time for this festival, that could be a great pre-show hangout.

Why are these guys running this festival so anti trains.

Ferries only make sense if you ASSUME that no effort is required to get to the ferry dock in Manhattan - and ASSUME that you don't mind waiting in lines -- also ASSUME that no one is coming from North Jersey or elsewhere via trains from Newark Penn Station.

Last year lots of people at the concert left and walked over to the Golden Cicada and that is only a few blocks from the Grove PATH station. What is up with these festival promoters?

Posted on: 2009/3/30 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Elbow at Glastonbury was a big party. At least that's how it looked on tv. Excellent band much loved in the UK, but underappreciated here.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 13:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
What a huge lineup! There are at least a dozen bands (Arctic Monkeys, Vampire Weekend, Elbow, Silversun Pickups, to name some) that are every bit as good as the headliners. I went to Bumbershoot in Seattle last year and this lineup is much stronger. Transportation issues aside, this should be a great weekend for the city.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 13:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Trying to get onto the Lightrail back was like Hell, hope they really work out that kink and provide better access to transportation or open it up to car parking...

All worth it to see "RadioHead" once more!!!

Posted on: 2009/3/30 13:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
The walk from Grove Street to the concert site makes the PATH the slowest form of transportation. Definitely the cheapest, though. And I think those are round trip prices for the ferry. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, this festival is already a major event and has attracted some of the biggest bands on the planet in its first two years. With Tool, the Beastie Boys, and Coldplay there is something for just about everyone this year. Its a very cool thing for Jersey City.

If the Liberty Harbor beer garden opens up in time for this festival, that could be a great pre-show hangout.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 13:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Great, but what is up with them still failing to mention the PATH trains from NYC or Newark? Guess I should be happy they don't -- but what is with that?

Are they kidding with "Ferry Service (Fastest, easiest!)"???

"...Ferry Tickets are $15 in advance through Ticketmaster, $20 the week of the show, and $25 if purchased at the ferry box office on the day of the show..."

Hmmm... or I could just save $47 and take the FASTER PATH subway train and walk over the Jersey foot bridge. Dilemmas! Dilemmas!

Resized Image

* Ferry Service (Fastest, easiest!)
* Light Rail / Park-N-Ride
* Train
* By Air
* Tri-State Local
* Biking
* Parking

Posted on: 2009/3/30 12:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Solid lineup:

www.apwfestival.com

They claim to have made transportation improvements and they say they will enlarge the beer gardens. I like the beer garden idea, but they definitely need to increase the size. At least it is better than watching a band while standing ankle deep in plastic cups and beer mud.

Posted on: 2009/3/30 12:45

All Points West 2009 Festival linuep - Guess the lineup & WIN TICKETS!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

From the Brooklyn Vegan himself:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives ... 03/all_points_west_8.html

All Points West 2009 Festival linuep (will be here Monday) - guess the lineup & WIN TICKETS!

All Points West, the three-day music festival in Liberty State Park in Jersey City, will be back for a second year this summer. Plus, I'm told the festival has worked out many of the kinks of the first year. More details on exactly what that means, along with the dates and the entire 2009 lineup, will be posted right here on this website at 7AM on Monday morning. Wake up early and check it out!

In the meantime, to keep things interesting, I have two APW Saturday (exact date TBA) general admission tickets to giveaway to the person who can come closest to guessing the lineup. I'm not sure exactly how many bands will play over the three days, so let's limit it to 30. The first person to guess 30 bands/artists (or the closest to it) that are playing any and all of the days of All Points West this year, wins the two tickets.

Details on how that works see link below!
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives ... 03/all_points_west_8.html

Posted on: 2009/3/28 2:30

« 1 2 (3)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017