Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Open call for photographs! I Love Jersey City: Everybody Counts
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/18 20:32
From 350 Montgomery Street, Jersey City, NJ 07302
Group:
Registered Users

A Summer 2009 Exhibition at Jersey City Museum
On View: June 29 - December 20, 2009
Opening Reception: Annual Meeting, July 30, 2009

Jersey City Museum wants YOUR photographs!

In addition to sending in photographs for the exhibition, the public is also urged to share their photographs in Jersey City Museum's I Love Jersey City: Everybody Counts group on the photo sharing website, Flickr. Photos submitted to the exhibition's Flickr group will be featured in a slideshow at the opening reception for the exhibition on July 30, 2009! Simply join the group to upload as many photos as wish or to just enjoy images contributed by other visitors.

If you are not already a Flickr member, signing up is quick, easy, and free. For more information, visit I Love Jersey City: Everybody Counts on Flickr.

In Spring 2008, Jersey City Museum organized I Love Jersey City, an open call for the public's photographs of their beloved city. This became a summer exhibition in the museum's upper atrium featuring these diverse and colorful images. Displaying over 150 photographs by professionals and amateurs alike, the project was a success and even inspired a specially-made Jersey City Museum I Love Jersey City t-shirt which was featured in Time Out New York.

In honor of the 2010 National Census, this year Jersey City Museum invites the public to send its 4 x 6 inch images of the people they know who live, work, or play in Jersey City for the exhibition, I Love Jersey City: Everybody Counts. These photographs will be compiled and installed in the museum in order to create a large-scale collage featuring diverse images of the people of Jersey City.

To submit photographs for the exhibition, please send printed 4 x 6 inch images (color or black and white) in horizontal or vertical format. Provide all contact information with your submission including name, address, phone and email address. SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE RETURNED, please do not turn in any original copies.

SEND TO:
I Love Jersey City: Everybody Counts
Jersey City Museum P.O. Box 428
Jersey City, NJ 07303-0428

Submissions may also be dropped off during regular museum hours at the reception desk. Submissions must be received by July 10, 2009.

Click here for more information about
I Love Jersey City: Everybody Counts ?

Questions? Email info@jerseycitymuseum.org

350 Montgomery Street Jersey City, NJ 07302 | www.jerseycitymuseum.org | 201.413.0303

Posted on: 2009/3/26 17:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017