Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 17 »

Re: Who here really, really hates Comcast?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/8 2:30
Group:
Registered Users
Just an update - all the new HD channels now work down by me. The gradually came active over the past couple of days.

Posted on: 2009/4/10 1:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Crazy_Chester wrote:
I have Dish Network though the building I live in. We have tons of high def channels, but not MSG. I may switch to Comcast. What's the point of having a big-ass LCD and watching hockey in standard definition?

Thanks for the info.

Switch to DirecTV. You get MSG, MSG2, and MSG+, as well as the NHL network all in HD.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 14:39

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/30 18:45
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
the dumbasses actually fixed my bill. i mean it took 4 phone calls(not including the ones for the install) but they actually did it. i think hell just froze over

Posted on: 2009/4/8 13:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
I have Dish Network though the building I live in. We have tons of high def channels, but not MSG. I may switch to Comcast. What's the point of having a big-ass LCD and watching hockey in standard definition?

Thanks for the info.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 1:18

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Chester - I have both MSG and MSG+ in HD from Comcast so you should too I believe

Posted on: 2009/4/8 1:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
"My cross street is Columbus and Warren"

Be careful out there.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 1:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Just to be clear - Comcast offers the MSG networks in high def? I always understood they weren't available other than with Cablevision. Standard def, yes, but not high def.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 1:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
i'm on sussex st

Posted on: 2009/4/8 1:02

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/14 13:52
Group:
Registered Users
My cross street is Columbus and Warren. I am hoping it turns on over the next few days. Very frustrating, but at least there is some positive progression. Nothing worse than when I go to my parents in Bergen County and they have 100 HD stations and we have 10 here

Posted on: 2009/4/8 1:00

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Yea I talked to a representative, she said she had no idea when they will be active

payanks00 - Were are you located at, I'm on 2nd between Brunswick and Colgate and I don't have it down here

Where is everyone else located who can access the channels

Posted on: 2009/4/8 0:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am also getting "Not Authorized". I spoke to Comcast today. They said they are rolling out other new HD stations between now and June because of the analog - digital conversion.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 0:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
all the new hd channels work for me. as awesome as this is, i wish we also had comedy central and cnbc hd.

Posted on: 2009/4/8 0:41

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Can anyone here see all the new channels but not access them?

I'm getting a "Not Authorized For ordering information, press Info" on all the new HD channels only e.g., Food, HGTV, CNN

My ESPN, HBO, etc. all still work...

Posted on: 2009/4/8 0:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Any news on FIOS in the VVP? I tried to do a location check on the Verizon website but my crappy slow internet connection made that near impossible (sweet irony).

Don't know bout vvp, but the "302" area has em hooking up at the JCBIA on Erie/Bay St and they said won't be long now.

Posted on: 2009/4/7 21:48
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Any news on FIOS in the VVP? I tried to do a location check on the Verizon website but my crappy slow internet connection made that near impossible (sweet irony).

Posted on: 2009/4/7 21:35

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
True that, that is what make's competition good

Posted on: 2009/4/7 21:32

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/8/21 19:11
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
Is it just a coincidence that Verizon FIOS starts to sneak into downtown and we finally get 12 new HD Channels? :)

Posted on: 2009/4/7 21:20

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
We have had MSG for the entire NBA season

Posted on: 2009/4/7 21:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Are any of them the MSG Network?

Posted on: 2009/4/7 20:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Joy to the World!!!!!

Comcast finally added 11 HD stations to the lineup, 12 when you count MLB TV. Finally some progress!!!!

Posted on: 2009/4/7 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
I'm actually relieved to hear Comcast's e-mail servers are down.

I just finished installing a new wireless router and thought that screwed something up....

Posted on: 2009/4/4 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alek8 wrote:
Comcast's email server has been down for over an hour so far. Almost 11am and I still can't get my emails.
I chatted with a Comcast analyst. He said they can't even give an estimate for when email access will be restored.

How much is Fios again?

Sat, April 4th @ 12:15 and Comcast servers are down system wide. Here is the page served up:

Resized Image
At this time there is a known issue with our email system, technicians are working as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience in this matter.

If you are contacting us for any other reason, please click here to proceed to our Help.comcast.net

Posted on: 2009/4/4 16:18
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/10/26 17:52
From the best stuff on earth
Group:
Registered Users
Comcast's email server has been down for over an hour so far. Almost 11am and I still can't get my emails.
I chatted with a Comcast analyst. He said they can't even give an estimate for when email access will be restored.

How much is Fios again?

Posted on: 2009/4/4 14:50
My signature will be a funny quote and/or observation.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

wildwildzero wrote:
the wife and i have had some issues with them again recently. seeing as they botched our transfer from one residence to the next and we weren't cancelling and they tried to charge us for cancellation under contract and didn't show up the day we were supposed have our internet installed, they offered us a $200 credit! nice right? but since then i have recieved two bills both more then the amount i was quoted for service (60 for internet not 40 and thats before the fees and taxes) we tried to call and straighten it out and we were informed they don't give credits like that and we were to get a credit but of $40 and it would be through the mail in the form of a check.

i effffffff'ing hate comcast right now!

you need to call them back. do not give us.

They botched my transfer and messed up my first bill, shocker huh?

So after we fixed them shutting off our phone 5 times(we gave up after the 4th time before we moved b/c it was only 2 days away) shut off our cable, turned on the cable cards, but not my second tv with a regular box, and stole one of modems.. i was a "little" pissed. I knew this would happen. oh they also rescheduled my appt like 4 times 1 time without telling me.

I called them yesterday after getting a bill for 217 bucks that I should not be paying b/c i already paid from march 13 till april 14th. luckily i got someone who understood this and gave me an account manager.. i explained the situation with the phone and how we had no service for a week we are getting a 20 credit off the next three bills to make up for the difference and so i am not paying the connection fee.

then i get a person to deal with the bill. They start a new account when you transfer.. why they don't just transfer your account is beyond me. They say i will see a 160 credit in 24 to 48 on the new account. let's hope i do. I have already seen the 29.70 they credited me for sucking at something.. i forgot what now. so i will have to pay 30 bucks but "will" get 20 bucks off my next 3 bills.

let's see if that really happens. I only spent an hour fixing this.

honestly i have spent 4 hours fixing their bills. 4 months in a row. You need to get the right person. I got three nice people who understood why i do not see why i should double pay my bill or pay to set up my phone since it wasn't set up right and they took a modem without informing me.

just keep bothering them. that is really all you can do.

good luck and keep up the fight eventually you will wear them down and win but at the same time you will get really worn down but it's a lot of money to lose.

Posted on: 2009/3/25 13:31

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/13 20:39
From hamilton park
Group:
Banned
the wife and i have had some issues with them again recently. seeing as they botched our transfer from one residence to the next and we weren't cancelling and they tried to charge us for cancellation under contract and didn't show up the day we were supposed have our internet installed, they offered us a $200 credit! nice right? but since then i have recieved two bills both more then the amount i was quoted for service (60 for internet not 40 and thats before the fees and taxes) we tried to call and straighten it out and we were informed they don't give credits like that and we were to get a credit but of $40 and it would be through the mail in the form of a check.

i effffffff'ing hate comcast right now!

Posted on: 2009/3/25 13:17

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Brooklynboy wrote:
I just never understand this thread. I have never had a problem with Comcast. My digital Tvs are fine. My internet may be a bit slow every couple of weeks but 95% is cool. Maybe it is your neighborhood or building. I am on 2nd and Brunswick and nothing. They did fu-k up my first bill but they took care of it right away. I just do not get it.

Oh well I look forward to the next Comcast thread.

you are lucky then. they are moron's who keep getting sued b/c they are scum and their customer service is horrid. It is one thing to #OOPS# up and then be really nice and help full. It is another thing to #OOPS# up and be a dick about it.

Posted on: 2009/3/17 21:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
to those of you having a swell time with Comcast: that's great. I wish I was in your camp. if you're getting good service, no need to switch or complain.

if, like me, you've wanted to pull Comcast's leg off and beat them to death with it, I just got my FiOS and oh. my. dog. it's amazing.

I thought our internet was sluggish because my computer's 5 years old. Comcast was quick to suggest that, too. nope. I'm now zipping along with the big boys.

the hi-def TV is noticeably better, too.

the technician called in advance and arrived on time-ish (already way better than Comcast). the only caveat is that installation can be an all-day affair, if your building's not already wired. he got here at 9:30 and left at 4:30.

totally worth it.

Posted on: 2009/3/17 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/17 18:39
Group:
Registered Users
I just never understand this thread. I have never had a problem with Comcast. My digital Tvs are fine. My internet may be a bit slow every couple of weeks but 95% is cool. Maybe it is your neighborhood or building. I am on 2nd and Brunswick and nothing. They did fu-k up my first bill but they took care of it right away. I just do not get it.

Oh well I look forward to the next Comcast thread.

Posted on: 2009/3/17 21:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Comcast is on Twitter. Send them any complaints.

http://twitter.com/comcastcares

Posted on: 2009/3/16 18:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
I can not describe my hatred for Comcast. The minute they have FIOS on my block I am switching. I have had Comacast for two years and I am moving so I try to transfer online.. what happens doesn't work, call them can't find my address they transfer me, finally i talk to someone who can find my address and she sets up the transfer and appointment. I give her cell and tell her during the day call this if there is an issue.

what happens when i get home? i find a message on my machine telling me my appt has been canceled. so I call and try to make and appt for march 14th they tell me they can't. so they try to get me to do a Friday one. i tell them i work sorry i need Saturday. they tell tell me i can just do the install myself since i have all the equipment. so i'm like okay cool. they call me back and say no we can't do that. they tell me they ask me if t still want friday the 13th...cuz they have Saturday the 14th.. umm yeah I asked for that day already a hole. So finally I make the apt for the 14th b/w 12-3 okay gret got two weeks until they turn it off.

yeah no, so on the 10th my cable goes out and so does my phone.. but not the internet. We call. they had transferred the cable and deleted our phone number from the system. nice. They fix the TV with he cable cards in the living room and the phone. the next morning I go to turn on the tv in my bedroom. no cable. i call my husband and tell him to call these idiots b/c i'm gonna go off on them.

So on the way home I call him so he can move his car.. my phone doesn't work. wtf? he calls Comcast to fix the Cable and phone. They fix it. So great everything is working. We find out our apt has been changed to the 14th from 9-12

I call to try and fix this. I get told I am getting hit with an 80 fee to transfer my cable. The guy then asks me have i ever not paid a fee to transfer service and I tell him yeah. I have never paid a fee and I had com cast when i was in Massachusetts for college. finally the guy takes off one fee. I tell him I am not paying the other fees and the minutes fios is aviable I switching to it b/c Comcast sucks and FIOS internet is like 100x faster and doesn't kick ppl off xbox live b/c they think the person is file sharing.. yet if someone is file sharing it is all fine and dandie. At this point it has been a damn hour. Every time I do anything with these idiots it takes an hour.

Next day I do the same call. phone is out again. We do not call b/c it thursday we r moving saturday morning.

Saturday morning. I go to the new apt while my husband and brothers pack the truck. The comcast guy shows up and instead of saying comcast he mutters"cable" into the speaker.

I realize the phone modem is missing and tell the guy it will be here shortly. he then brings me the cable modem and asks me"well what is this then" i respond" i dunno, the cable modem.. shouldn't you know what it is?"

My husband arrives gives the guy the phone modem to put in the living room and it's all good. yeah not so much. after the moron leaves we realize he took the phone modem with him and hooked everything up in the bedroom. Thanks douche. I really want to fax things and have my answering machine in my bedroom.

They are going to mess up my bill. I know this the first 4 months i lived in jc i would spend 4 hours fixing my bill.

Oh and when i was on the phone with the guy about them changing my apt etc he was trying to tell me everyone was moving back from FIOS whatever bitches. such a #OOPS#ing lie.
My dad has FIOS it is so good. The internet is fast as hell and is not affected by the amount of people in the neighborhood who are using.

I HATE COMCAST!

sorry if there are misspelling etc.. i am really pissed

Posted on: 2009/3/16 17:48

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 8 9 ... 17 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact