Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Hilltop/Island Area: Beaten unconscious, robbed by five men as he got off a min-bus
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

But I was also raised knowing that not everyone was as fortunate as my family was and not everyone had the same opportunity as I did. Some of the most incredible people in this world that have worked to help others and succeeded were NOT politicians, lobbyists, judges, lawyers etc.. To each his own on what part we want to play in our life rolls, and maybe one day a perfect stranger might be the person that will touch your life the most.

You're equating "taking responsibility for someone else's actions" and "helping someone else". They're two totally different things and not doing the former doesn't mean you don't, can't or shouldn't do the latter.

Posted on: 2009/3/8 19:05

Re: Hilltop/Island Area: Beaten unconscious, robbed by five men as he got off a min-bus
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:

But I was also raised knowing that not everyone was as fortunate as my family was and not everyone had the same opportunity as I did. Some of the most incredible people in this world that have worked to help others and succeeded were NOT politicians, lobbyists, judges, lawyers etc.. To each his own on what part we want to play in our life rolls, and maybe one day a perfect stranger might be the person that will touch your life the most.
You should write "Chicken Soup for the Urban Soul". I'm hoping the strangers will be staying away from my soul in the meantime.

Well played, GG

That is funny and yes, you made me laugh...in a good way.

Posted on: 2009/3/8 18:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
[/quote]

But I was also raised knowing that not everyone was as fortunate as my family was and not everyone had the same opportunity as I did. Some of the most incredible people in this world that have worked to help others and succeeded were NOT politicians, lobbyists, judges, lawyers etc.. To each his own on what part we want to play in our life rolls, and maybe one day a perfect stranger might be the person that will touch your life the most.[/quote]
You should write "Chicken Soup for the Urban Soul". I'm hoping the strangers will be staying away from my soul in the meantime.

Posted on: 2009/3/8 18:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

JM...when you speak with your parents this weekend tell them I said THANK YOU, for their roll in raising a child that is capable of distinguishing the difference between the outrage of the incident and the empathy of wanting to find solutions to fix these problems.

I get what you are saying (and thank you mom and dad_ Pinkowitz too!)

Quote:

stani wrote:
I was raised to take responsibility for my actions.

So was I...

Quote:

stani wrote:
But I'm sure as heck not going to take responsibility for the actions of others, especially perfect strangers.

Posted on: 2009/3/8 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

JM...when you speak with your parents this weekend tell them I said THANK YOU, for their roll in raising a child that is capable of distinguishing the difference between the outrage of the incident and the empathy of wanting to find solutions to fix these problems.

I was raised to take responsibility for my actions. But I'm sure as heck not going to take responsibility for the actions of others, especially perfect strangers.

Posted on: 2009/3/8 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:

Not me, WE.

Class structure.
NIMBY attitude.
Crappy legal system.
Lack of affordable medical care.
Lack of educational support.
Little or no social services (at least not a system that will lift people out of poverty)
Soaring unemployment.
Ignorance.
Desperation.
Racism (oh yeah, i said it)

I beg to differ, but unless you (and we) are politicians, lobbyists, judges, lawyers, and bureaucrats you had nothing to do with it, except for ignorance, of course, but that's not sufficient. Yes I know, we elect politicians, but what are our alternatives?

I think closer to the truth is: a few bad apples spoil it for everyone. That applies to everything and doesn't make the innocent bystanders complicit.

Posted on: 2009/3/8 16:06

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 8:40
Group:
Banned
I have never heard of anyone, anywhere getting mugged for a ZUNE.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 17:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

stani wrote:
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:

But you're right, they are animals. And we helped create them. You, me, and everyone. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be thrown behind bars or worse for what they are doing. I'm just saying that we're all part of the problem.

Bleed that.

Please explain how you helped to create them.

Not me, WE.

Class structure.
NIMBY attitude.
Crappy legal system.
Little or no social services (at least not a system that will lift people out of poverty)
Soaring unemployment.
Ignorance.
Desperation.

Again, I agree that the young criminals that are terrorizing this city and other urban environments are animals. Because we treat them like animals and expect nothing else from them.

Maybe it's the sunny day and my 2009 resolution to not be so f*cking cynical and throw my hands up in disgrace all the time. Bash that all you want. But it's all of our responsibility to try to fix it. Rather than constantly denigrate an entire class of people and write them off as nothing.

Be angry. We should be angry. Be scared, too, because it's scary. It's out of control.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

stani wrote:
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:

But you're right, they are animals. And we helped create them. You, me, and everyone. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be thrown behind bars or worse for what they are doing. I'm just saying that we're all part of the problem.

Bleed that.

Not me, WE.

Class structure.
NIMBY attitude.
Crappy legal system.
Soaring unemployment.
Ignorance.
Desperation.

Again, I agree that the young criminals that are terrorizing this city and other urban environments are animals. Because we treat them like animals and expect nothing else from them.

Maybe it's the sunny day and my 2009 resolution to not be so f*cking cynical and throw my hands up in disgrace all the time. Bash that all you want. But it's all of our responsibility to try to fix it. Rather than constantly denigrate an entire class of people and write them off as nothing.

Be angry. We should be angry. Be scared, too, because it's scary. It's out of control.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 16:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:

Bleed that.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:

Nope, not I. Haven't been in JC long enough to create any such nonsense. Their parents maybe, or a lack of them.

How nice it would be if it were just a JC thing. Alas...

Posted on: 2009/3/7 0:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
GnomeGeneral

the only folks on this board that get angry when we call these dirtbags "animals" are either the animals themselves, the animals family members or bleeding hearts that make a living off these animals.

I'm a bleeding heart (still) and I don't make a penny or any other kind of living off this. Your statement makes no sense.

Bleed that.

Nope, not I. Haven't been in JC long enough to create any such nonsense. Their parents maybe, or a lack of them.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 0:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
GnomeGeneral

the only folks on this board that get angry when we call these dirtbags "animals" are either the animals themselves, the animals family members or bleeding hearts that make a living off these animals.

I'm a bleeding heart (still) and I don't make a penny or any other kind of living off this. Your statement makes no sense.

Bleed that.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 0:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
GnomeGeneral

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. Right on!

Posted on: 2009/3/7 0:03

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
So this is the new style of robberies these days. They come in packs like hyenas and folks on here get snippy when we liken certain individuals' behavior to the animal kingdom's. Instead of earning a living for their own damn i-pods they ruin other people's lives over them. I'm curious as to how they split the i-pod and $20 between the five of them. Is there a pack leader who gets all the goods? Does he have a brighter coat and shiner bling to attract the females?

Glad you said "pack of hyenas" rather than "Wolf Pack". Everybody knows that Mayor Healy got rid of the "Wolf Packs" about a year ago.

Posted on: 2009/3/6 23:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

NewHeights wrote:
GnomeGeneral

AMEN BROTHER !!!

Posted on: 2009/3/6 14:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
So this is the new style of robberies these days. They come in packs like hyenas and folks on here get snippy when we liken certain individuals' behavior to the animal kingdom's. Instead of earning a living for their own damn i-pods they ruin other people's lives over them. I'm curious as to how they split the i-pod and $20 between the five of them. Is there a pack leader who gets all the goods? Does he have a brighter coat and shiner bling to attract the females?

Sounds like Fagin & Company in a scene from Dickens' Oliver Twist.

Posted on: 2009/3/6 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
Quote:

aoao wrote:
^^^ master of the obvious.

How are you going to call me the master of the obvious when two minutes after this post you point out something even more obvious in another post that somebody else already brought up to begin with?

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=187024#forumpost187024

I know it was obvious, I was pointing it out to someone else that was calling it just a robbery. If he didnt think it was an initiation that means there might be a couple others that didnt put it together as well.

I want to point out that you may think he was "master of the obvious" but someone like me would have zero, ZERO, idea it was a gang initiation. I don't know about gangs. So thanks JerseyCityNJ 'cause I didn't know until YOU pointed it out. Don't give a shiz if that's naive, actually, I'm happy I am naive when it comes to gang initiation.

Posted on: 2009/3/6 6:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
GnomeGeneral

Posted on: 2009/3/6 5:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/7/12 15:39
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JRL wrote:
There are just too much of these crimes going on!

But crime is down Mayor Healy said so.

Posted on: 2009/3/6 0:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

aoao wrote:

How are you going to call me the master of the obvious when two minutes after this post you point out something even more obvious in another post that somebody else already brought up to begin with?

http://jclist.com/modules/newbb/viewt ... id=187024#forumpost187024

I know it was obvious, I was pointing it out to someone else that was calling it just a robbery. If he didnt think it was an initiation that means there might be a couple others that didnt put it together as well.

Posted on: 2009/3/5 6:25

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/19 19:54
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/3/5 0:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:

This doesnt sound like an average robbery more like a gang initiation.

One of the attackers screamed out, "Just do it already! Stab him! We know your whole family!"

Posted on: 2009/3/5 0:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/3 6:32
Group:
Registered Users
There are just too much of these crimes going on!

Posted on: 2009/3/4 17:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
...mini-bus at Summit and Pavonia avenues Saturday at 6:30 a.m. when five men threw him to the ground and began kicking and punching him, reports said...

Such a busy intersection even at 6:30 am. The jerks pulled an all nighter or got up early which is less likely. This is less than 50 yards from the court house and annex, and there are definitely security cameras in that area. Hopefully, they catch these scumb@gs and the attempted murder charge sticks.

Posted on: 2009/3/4 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/3/4 16:48

Hilltop/Island Area: Beaten unconscious, robbed by five men as he got off a min-bus
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
POLICE BEAT
Beaten unconscious, robbed

Jersey Journal
Wednesday, March 04, 2009

A Jersey City man was beaten unconscious and nearly stabbed Saturday morning when five men robbed him as he got off a bus, police said.

The 23-year-old man had gotten off a mini-bus at Summit and Pavonia avenues Saturday at 6:30 a.m. when five men threw him to the ground and began kicking and punching him, reports said.

One of the attackers screamed out, "Just do it already! Stab him! We know your whole family!" according to reports.

Then one of the attackers tried to stab him, but the knife only cut through the victim's clothing and did not cut him because he was dressed in layers, reports said.

At this point the victim passed out, reports said. When a passerby brought him to, he determined that his iPod, worth $200, and $20 were missing, reports said.

An uncle drove him to Christ Hospital, where he was treated for injuries not considered life threatening, reports said.

TOM SHORTELL

Posted on: 2009/3/4 15:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017