Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 119

more...

Browsing this Thread:   3 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 16 »

Re: Unleashed Mastiffs Attack JC Man Downtown this Morning
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/19 13:36
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Your screen name is a little disengenuous. If you truly loved animals you would understand that a dog, like a child is only as good as it's upbringing. Like a child, a dog can eventually overcome it's upbringing and through love and care and alot of hardwork become a well behaved citizen. Take a look at Michael Vick's dogs for instance. Many of them have overcome the depravity that only a sick human would inflict on them. These Mastiffs should be taken away from this woman and probably seperated from each other. A good handler could easily get them to be well behaved, wonderful pets. Crying out for their blood seems a bit too much.
Quote:

loveanimals wrote:
The case on the 20th is Susan trying to defend her Vicious Dogs...she is trying to prove that they are not vicious and also Susan can be possibly charged with aggravated assault.

Not exactly sure why you're ripping into "loveanimals"--that statement didn't seem to be anti-animal. In any event, I understand the difference between the Vick dogs and these boerboels is that the Vick dogs were vicious towards other dogs, not people (according to the place in Utah--no personal knowledge). The boerboels go after both humans and dogs.

Posted on: 2009/2/17 16:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Your screen name is a little disengenuous. If you truly loved animals you would understand that a dog, like a child is only as good as it's upbringing. Like a child, a dog can eventually overcome it's upbringing and through love and care and alot of hardwork become a well behaved citizen. Take a look at Michael Vick's dogs for instance. Many of them have overcome the depravity that only a sick human would inflict on them. These Mastiffs should be taken away from this woman and probably seperated from each other. A good handler could easily get them to be well behaved, wonderful pets. Crying out for their blood seems a bit too much.
Quote:

loveanimals wrote:
The case on the 20th is Susan trying to defend her Vicious Dogs...she is trying to prove that they are not vicious and also Susan can be possibly charged with aggravated assault.

Posted on: 2009/2/17 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

loveanimals wrote:

I understand what the proceeding is, but she requested discovery. I think that is just a status hearing to determine if she is prepared to go to trial. In most courts, a trial date is set thereafter.

By the way, she won't be charged with aggravated assault based upon the Muni Court hearing though--that is a matter for the grand jury and proscutor's office, who may be waiting to see if the Muni Judge rules that they are vicious or not. If the decision is that they are not vicious, likely no criminal charges.

Posted on: 2009/2/17 16:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 19:14
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/2/17 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
You think unleashed dogs are a problem?

(CNN) -- A woman has been hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after a pet chimpanzee attacked her at a friend's home in Stamford, Connecticut, police said.
When the chimp ripped off a side mirror and tried to enter a police cruiser, officers shot the animal multiple times.

Travis is shown in 2003, when he escaped and "wreaked havoc" on the streets of Stamford, Connecticut.

Charla Nash, 55, had just arrived at her friend Sandra Herold's house when the chimp, named Travis, jumped on her and began biting and mauling her, causing serious injuries to her face, neck and hands, according to Stamford Police Capt. Rich Conklin, who said the attack was unprovoked.

Herold had called Nash to her house to help get 14-year-old Travis back inside after he used a key to escape.

While her friend was being attacked, Herold tried to pull the primate off her, but was unsuccessful.

She then called 911 before stabbing the chimp with butcher knife and hitting him with a shovel. Neither fazed Travis, who police said was like a child to Herold.

Stamford police later shot the chimp multiple times after he attacked an officer inside a police cruiser, Conklin said.

Travis returned to the house, where police later found him dead. Conklin estimated that Travis weighed close to 200 pounds.

The police captain also said this isn't the first interaction his officers have had with Travis; the chimp escaped in 2003 and "wreaked havoc" on the streets of Stamford for a couple of hours.

In 2005, a different chimp escaped from California's Animal Haven Ranch and chewed off a man's nose and genitals.

During an interview after that attack, wildlife expert Jeff Corwin told CNN's Anderson Cooper that chimpanzees are "absolutely powerful."
"It's often said that an adult chimpanzee weighing in at 150 pounds is three to seven times stronger than a human being," Corwin said.
"The thing about chimpanzees is, we sort of look at them through our rose-colored cultural glasses of the cute little chimp in the 'Tarzan' movie. Those are very young chimps. Chimps grow up, they become very powerful. They are very complex in their behavior. They have a whole range of emotions, including violence and anger."

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/2/17 14:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I am told that they were finally evicted from Hudson Point--a friend saw Kolb directing movers and a moving van--can anyone confirm? Any idea where they went? Did they skip town?

Also, there is a hearing on for this Friday--is that just a status/scheduling hearing or is that the trial to determine if (confirm that) these dogs are vicious under NJ law?

Posted on: 2009/2/17 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
justiceiro wrote:

"a?nal?o?gous (-nl-gs)
adj.
1. Similar or alike in such a way as to permit the drawing of an analogy.
2. Biology Similar in function but not in structure and evolutionary origin."

and then wrote:

Quote:
Well, it's not a drug dealer, but It's close enough. Ask, and you shall recieve.

i'm not much for the spelling police, but:

"I before e, except after c" is a mnemonic device devised to help students remember how to spell certain words in the English language. It means that, in words where i and e fall together, the order is ie, except directly following c, when it is ei. For example:

ie in words like siege, friend, thief
ei in words like ceiling, receive

Posted on: 2009/2/12 17:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

The Jersey Journal
On Sept. 21 at the park at Greene and Essex streets, police said the two dogs, reportedly unleashed, knocked down a woman and the 6-month-old child she was carrying. Kolb said it was an enclosed park and she let the dogs loose because she thought it was empty.

I just walked by the playground, and there is a big sign that says, " No Dogs in Playground Area".

Susan breaks the law wherever she goes. Her building has a weight restriction on dogs. The playground does not allow dogs. She should be locked up instead of the dogs.

Posted on: 2009/2/12 16:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I'm surprised that the local shelters and vets don't send the dogs off to the abattoirs, where they could be freeze dried and shipped to Asian countries for consumption and profit !

Posted on: 2009/2/10 5:10
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/2/10 4:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/11 12:35
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
a?nal?o?gous (-nl-gs)
adj.
1. Similar or alike in such a way as to permit the drawing of an analogy.
2. Biology Similar in function but not in structure and evolutionary origin.

Posted on: 2009/2/9 18:22
"Contemplate this upon the Tree of Woe."

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/30 1:35
Group:
Banned
Quote:

elvis wrote:
Quote:
I missed the line in there about Church.

You also missed the point.

Don't you have a bar to go move across the street from?

Posted on: 2009/2/9 18:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

You also missed the point.

And now, the comic stylings of Hudsonhorizons:

Posted on: 2009/2/9 18:11

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:
Quote:

hudsonhorizons wrote:
Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:
Quote:

hudsonhorizons wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

I don't understand what 'very nice and friendly' has to do with it - We have all heard how mother's describe their sons who sell drugs or do a crime as being a loving and community minded child that attends church every Sunday.

I haven't.

I take it you never read the paper or watch the news on television, then?

Show me an example of a mother describing their drug dealer son as attending Church every Sunday. Thanks!

Well, it's not a drug dealer, but It's close enough. Ask, and you shall recieve.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_cr ... cop_charged_in_dwi_d.html

Your Welcome!

Posted on: 2009/2/9 18:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/11 12:35
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hudsonhorizons wrote:
Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:
Quote:

hudsonhorizons wrote:
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:

I don't understand what 'very nice and friendly' has to do with it - We have all heard how mother's describe their sons who sell drugs or do a crime as being a loving and community minded child that attends church every Sunday.

I haven't.

I take it you never read the paper or watch the news on television, then?

Show me an example of a mother describing their drug dealer son as attending Church every Sunday. Thanks!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_cr ... cop_charged_in_dwi_d.html

You're Welcome!

Posted on: 2009/2/9 18:04
"Contemplate this upon the Tree of Woe."

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Dogs are easier to rehabilitate than humans. Send the dogs to a rescue organization and give them a chance with competent handlers. This woman Kolb sounds a bit delusional about how this case may play out. She has her hands full with a special needs child and her husband/boyfriend sounds like a real winner. She should let the dogs go to new homes and get herself a Chihuahua. The Mastiffs should be neutered/spayed as well to calm them down and take the breeding equation away. Killing these dogs is not the answer to the problems in this case. The owners need to be rehabilitated.

Posted on: 2009/2/9 15:50

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 19:14
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/2/9 15:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ConcernedMom wrote:
I am new to this forum but as a Paulus Hook resident, I am not new to this situation. Like many of you who have posted, my husband and I have seen the inability of Ms. Kolb to control her dogs. We have seen her literally prone on the ground, laying on her side with her shoulder on the ground, trying to control her dogs.

What a great witness - maybe it might be a good idea to make a statement and pass it onto the prosecutor or give it to the guy who got bitten, if you know his whereabouts.

Posted on: 2009/2/8 21:09
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Here's the latest-I don't know if 2/20 is the trial date though-probably just a status conference. Remember-the stakes are higher than whether these dogs get put down. If a judge finds that the dogs aren't vicious under NJ law, there will probably be no criminal conviction (or charges) of Kolb:

Paper shuffle puts dog case in slow-mo

Saturday, February 07, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER
The fates of two allegedly vicious South African boerboels is no closer to being decided after the case hit a snag yesterday in Jersey City Municipal Court.
The owner of the two dogs, Susan Kolb, wants a trial to defend the animals and keep them from being put down under the state's Vicious Dog Law. Kolb's dogs - one weighs 160 pounds, the other 100 - have been accused in at least three attacks on people in Downtown Jersey City.
Her lawyer, Jonathan Goodman, has been unable to obtain the police paperwork because it's been forwarded to the Hudson County Prosecutor's Office, which said a grand jury will determine if Kolb should be charged with aggravated assault.
So a judge postponed the case until Feb. 20 at 1 p.m. to allow time for Goodman and municipal prosecutors to gather the documents. Hudson County First Assistant Prosecutor Guy Gregory said yesterday the matter would be worked out.
Meanwhile, the dogs have been held at the Liberty Humane Society since Jan. 20 and Goodman says the organization has refused to allow Kolb to see them, adding that Kolb is worried that the dogs are not being exercised.
The shelter's director could not be reached for comment last night.
Jonathan L. Rodriguez, 24, of Brunswick Street, says he was injured on Jan. 19 when Kolb unleashed the dogs and they ran across a street and tore into his arm. Kolb said the dogs got away from her.
James Joyce, 24, said he needed six stitches after the dogs attacked him on Jan. 9. Kolb said Joyce was not injured.
On Sept. 21, police said, the two dogs, reportedly unleashed, knocked down a woman and the 6-month-old child she was carrying in a park. Kolb said it was an enclosed park and that she let the dogs loose because she thought it was empty.
The incidents resulted in all four people being taken to hospitals for treatment.

Posted on: 2009/2/8 16:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/3/1 14:35
Group:
Registered Users
I am new to this forum but as a Paulus Hook resident, I am not new to this situation. Like many of you who have posted, my husband and I have seen the inability of Ms. Kolb to control her dogs. We have seen her literally prone on the ground, laying on her side with her shoulder on the ground, trying to control her dogs.

We also have a 1 year old little boy and a medium-sized dog. Paulus Hook is a great place for us because there are lots of toddlers and lots of dogs, for the most part all playing peacefully on the "peninsula" (the strip of land near the Colgate Clock) when the weather is warm. But Ms. Kolb's dogs terrify me. I worry that if she is somehow successful in getting her dogs back, that there will be a tragedy in our neighborhood this summer, even worse than the previous attacks by these dogs. I further worry that even if she does not get these dogs back, since she and her family apparently breed these dogs, she will get more Boerboels that will further terrorize the neighborhood.

Someone brought up a good point that it is easy to be sounding off about these things from the comfort of my sofa, so as a concerned mom, I think I will apply action to my words and attend the trial (and I hope other people will join me). The latest article posted said that the judge was going to set a trial date on Friday, which was last Friday. Does anyone know what the trial date is?

Posted on: 2009/2/8 14:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
This lady is a wacko!! She's raising dogs in a small apt in JC.

http://jumbaboerboels.com/home

Posted on: 2009/2/6 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Any idea which of the corrupt muni judges this is going in front of?

http://www.politickernj.com/wallye/27 ... -city-judge-faces-scandal

Another Jersey City Judge faces scandal

Another Jersey City Judge faces scandalBy Wally Edge
Jersey City Municipal Court Judge Wilson Campbell faces ethics charges for allegedly having an affair with his bailiff, who attempeted suicide after they broke up.
An ethics complaint has been filed against Jersey City Municipal Court Judge Wilson Campbell, who allegedly had an affair with a bailiff assigned to his courtroom. The bailiff attempted suicide last June after breaking up with the Judge, according to the complaint filed by the Advisory Committee on Judicial Conduct. The bailiff has been reassigned to another courtroom and Campbell continues to serve on the bench.

The incident occurred just weeks before former Jersey City Municipal Court Chief Judge Wanda Molina was indicted for fixing parking tickets. Molina is accused of dismissing eight parking tickets for a female companion. She stepped down last year during the initial investigation over ticket fixing, which netted half of Jersey City's municipal judges.

Three other Jersey City Judges have been charges with misconduct as part of the ticket fixing scandal: Victor Sison, Pauline Sica and Irwin Rosen. Also indicted was Virginia Pagan, a former court administrator who allegedly fixed 215 parking tickets for herself and her daughter.

While the Mayor of Jersey City appoints local Judges, with the advise and consent of the City Council, Municipal Court Judges are supervised by the Superior Court Assignment Judge. It might be interesting to see if the Assignment Judge, Maurice Gallipoli, accountable for a scandal that happened on his watch. Gallipoli interviews Campbell on June 28, 2008, two days after the bailiff's alleged suicide attempt.

Posted on: 2009/2/6 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Does JC have a dog cemetery ? Might be a good business opportunity for someone !

Resized Image

Posted on: 2009/2/5 20:49

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if SOME pet owners simply need to get laid more often then give their love to a dog. Maybe the money spent on these HUGE dogs would be better directed to a make-over and new clothes !

I'll drink to that !

Posted on: 2009/2/5 3:15

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
The male is sitting comfortably and actually drooling.

It's in the courts. And in the press. Congratulations.

Escalation of hysteria fail.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 22:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
Here's a new article with a pic of Kolb trying to control those dogs.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... owner_asks_for_trial.html

She appears to be awkwardly holding the dogs back by grasping the bench. Good control there lady.

How does the incessant denigration of this woman's character solve the larger problem? We get the point.

Here's to justice being served.

This has absolutely nothing to do with her character. All I said was that she could not control the dogs. Is that character-related? I feel sorry for her, since I think she got bullied into raising, caring and breeding these dogs by her husband, who has remained silent and absent through all of this. He is the one that's put the neighborhood on edge.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

itsaurora wrote:
Oh come on, let's not get hysterical now. She's clearly just sitting on the bench and the dogs are completely relaxed - she's not "holding them back" by any means.

I totally agree with you.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 22:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Sometimes I wonder if SOME pet owners simply need to get laid more often then give their love to a dog. Maybe the money spent on these HUGE dogs would be better directed to a make-over and new clothes !

Posted on: 2009/2/4 22:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

skepticalhook wrote:
Here's a new article with a pic of Kolb trying to control those dogs.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... owner_asks_for_trial.html

She appears to be awkwardly holding the dogs back by grasping the bench. Good control there lady.

How does the incessant denigration of this woman's character solve the larger problem? We get the point.

Here's to justice being served.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 22:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

itsaurora wrote:
Oh come on, let's not get hysterical now. She's clearly just sitting on the bench and the dogs are completely relaxed - she's not "holding them back" by any means.

Like we've all seen, she wraps the leashes around stuff to stop them from dragging her to the ground (and it all too often does not work). If Jumba leans too far she falls over. That does not look like a comfortable day at the park.

But granted, it could just be a bad photo. Not trying to get hysterical.

Posted on: 2009/2/4 22:13

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8) 9 10 11 ... 16 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017