Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 11 »

Re: Towed at BBB
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
The Expecting Mothers signs are simply a suggestion. You don't have to comply, kind of like not holding open a door for someone. You simply risk looking like a douche. As for drivers? Don't get me started. As if elderly drivers were our biggest problem? Please.

I am a douche because some dumb broad took a load and now thinks she is entitled to preferential treatment because of it? Sorry, no. Waddle into the mall from a different parking spot.

(My apologies to those who are pregnant and still act like normal decent people. The above rant is not directed at you.)

And yet another reading comprehension problem.

Posted on: 2009/3/17 0:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
The Expecting Mothers signs are simply a suggestion. You don't have to comply, kind of like not holding open a door for someone. You simply risk looking like a douche. As for drivers? Don't get me started. As if elderly drivers were our biggest problem? Please.

I am a douche because some dumb broad took a load and now thinks she is entitled to preferential treatment because of it? Sorry, no. Waddle into the mall from a different parking spot.

(My apologies to those who are pregnant and still act like normal decent people. The above rant is not directed at you.)

Posted on: 2009/3/17 0:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Actually back in suburbia, I'd say that yes, elderly drivers are a BIG problem. Around here we've got Joey's from Bayonne who watch the fast and the furious and think that their pimped out hoopties are invincible.

Posted on: 2009/3/16 21:10

Re: towing at shoprite?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/30 18:45
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
If i was towed out of an expectant mother spot I would just say I'm 8 weeks pregnant and stick my stomach out as much as I could.

Posted on: 2009/3/16 20:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

Maybe the same guys that tow people out of there are trained to spot a prego, however if that prego turns out to only be a fat person in disguise well all I can say is Hell has no fury like the wrath of a fat lady scorned.

Posted on: 2009/3/16 17:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/3/16 14:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GnomeGeneral wrote:
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
I call bullshit on expectant mother parking. Being pregnant isn't a disability. You can choose whether or not to be pregnant.

Tell your mom that, 1st St GUY. Also tell grandma to lose the handicapped sticker, people shouldn't drive after 75.

Yes, I agree that people over 60 should be required to take bi-yearly re-tests in order to be able to keep thier driver's liscense.

As for the pregnancy, just because you gain weight and your feet swell TEMPORARILY, doesn't mean you are disabled and need a better parking spot. I broke both bones in my lower leg last summer and required surgery to implant a metal rod in order to be able to regain the ability to walk. I was told by the DMV that I was NOT able to get a temporary handicapped tag so I could go to the store. Same type of thing, except I couldn't choose to not be injured anymore.

Posted on: 2009/3/16 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

1stStGuy wrote:
I call bullshit on expectant mother parking. Being pregnant isn't a disability. You can choose whether or not to be pregnant.

Tell your mom that, 1st St GUY. Also tell grandma to lose the handicapped sticker, people shouldn't drive after 75.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 20:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/3/15 15:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The "expecting mothers" parking sign at the JC shop rite is a joke. I've NEVER seen it used by anyone it's intended for. I guess the men who park in those spots can't read english.

Posted on: 2009/3/15 0:46

Towed at BBB

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/17 12:14
Group:
Registered Users
For the record, I did not park there to go malling. Those shops just lost a customer.

Posted on: 2009/3/14 13:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
I went to shoprite the other night to buy some rock salt and I saw a car pull into the lot. The driver got out of the car and started to walk towards the mall. I came out of shoprite about twenty minutes later and saw the tow truck picking up the car. All I could do was laugh because people don't think it will happen t them until it does. They must have figured who's going to notice them with all the other cars and traffic, well I guess they were wrong. I am glad they got towed I think more people should be towed, maybe then I can finally find a spot closer to the entrance.

I once saw a pregnant woman have to walk from the other end of the lot because of the parking situation, I'll bet if more illegaly parked cars had been towed she wouldn't have had to walk as far.

So to all of the people that get towed out of the lot I say GOOD serves you right, if you want to go to the mall pay for the parking like the rest of us do. Oh and by the way I don't think the signs are too small I just think most people are too lazy to take a couple of steps closer to read them.

Posted on: 2009/1/27 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Indomitus wrote:
It is sad that they have to have the towing policy, but if they didn't, do you not think the parking lot for those businesses would become a giant "free" parking lot for Newport, the Path train and anyone who works at Exchange place? No matter what some people think about the place, some of us actually do shop in BJs or the Shop rite and would like to be able to park there.

Newport probably charges to park to discourage commuters from leaving their cars there all day too. Just a thought. I am not defending Newport, the place give me a headache and I avoid it as often as possible :q

Agreed, however, they could due more to alert shoppers. A very large sign next to the entrance to the Wachovia bank entrance would probably help a lot.

Also, they could higher a more ethical towing company, if that concept even exists.

Posted on: 2009/1/26 23:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/8 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
Yes. I am aware that the BJs parking lot is for Bjs & Shoprite, not the mall, if that is what you meant. The lot that is connected to Newport by the pedestrian brigdes is part of the mall. I don't know if the surrouding pay lots are.

Posted on: 2009/1/26 18:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Indomitus wrote:
Newport probably charges to park to discourage commuters from leaving their cars there all day too. Just a thought. I am not defending Newport, the place give me a headache and I avoid it as often as possible :q

That is not a Newport Mall parking lot it just happens to be located next to the mall, Newport Mall should offer validated receipts so customers would not have to pay to park when going to a mall. I never park in the lot I park on the street and everyone should do the same and never, ever pay to park there. What a bad habit to engage in, pay to park.

Posted on: 2009/1/26 18:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Eleanor_A wrote:
I

So, apparently THAT'S the DEAL. I have to go back to Pep Boys next week. I'll let you know if policy STANDS.

I have left my car at Pepboys on many occasions. Once was all day, and another time was even overnight. I never had a problem being towed.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 4:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I had work done at Pep Boys today. I asked about towing and I was told that if it happens they will bring the car back and I pay NOTHING!!!

I still put a sign and a copy of the work order in my back window because I trust NO ONE.

So, apparently THAT'S the DEAL. I have to go back to Pep Boys next week. I'll let you know if policy STANDS.

And some creepy guys asked if I wanted the scratches on my bumper covered. I said no and told them they were holding up traffic. One of them gave me the finger! They were in a burgandy SUV, most likely a late-model (1997) GMC.

Posted on: 2009/1/25 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
What about parking the car nose first to that narrow curb with the steering to the left or right on full lock.
When they tow, the car will be lifted by the rear wheels but can't be towed as the front wheels will not follow the rear wheels.
Even better, have the car between other cars and one infront.

That does nothing, they simply tow your car at an angle. I've seen it done.

These guys are the scum of JC.

Anyone have the contact information for the managers at Shop Rite, Bj's , BB&B and Pepboys?

How about starting a campaign?

Posted on: 2009/1/21 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
What about parking the car nose first to that narrow curb with the steering to the left or right on full lock.
When they tow, the car will be lifted by the rear wheels but can't be towed as the front wheels will not follow the rear wheels.
Even better, have the car between other cars and one infront.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 4:36
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityHudson wrote:
My car was towed by Danny's Towing (385 8th St, Jersey City) and the charge was excessive - $152.10 ($120 towing plus $30 storage even though the car was only stored there for less than one hour). I was there to shop at the BBB & BJ's and scheduled an oil change at Pepboy's, and walked off the lot to get a cup of coffee at the Starbucks (not shopping at the mall). The guy from Danny's showed me a videotape that I walked toward the mall. Instead of providing a proper warning, they sneaked around and videotaped those who left the parking lot. The lot was vastly empty in mid-day (which is besides the point of course). The parking warning signage was inappropriately small and did not provide sufficient details such as the charge for the towing and the contact details of the towing company. Not only the charge was exorbitant, they only accept cash, no checks or credit cards.

I'm not a trained lawyer, but what they do - not providing proper signage and warning, designate someone to surreptitiously videotape people, etc. - don't seem legal to me. Someone should initiate a class action lawsuit.

Please see the Predatory Towing Prevention Act on http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/PL07/193_.PDF

Regarding this comment:
"Not only the charge was exorbitant, they only accept cash, no checks or credit cards"

This is a violation of the city ordiance, contact the commerce dept. and file a complaint.
http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/hedc.aspx?id=1174

Posted on: 2009/1/20 2:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I once posted that I'd never use Pep Boys to fix my car. Well, I did a 180 after getting 3 estimates and Pep Boys is, indeed, the lowest.

My plan is to drop the car off and give them the keys so I can get the work done. I plan on going to the mall for a dental appt and new glasses as the work would take too long to wait for it.

My question: How do I keep the vultures, err, I mean, tow operators from swooping down my car? I was thinking of a sign in big red letters that says, "DO NOT TOW!! CAR IS BEING SERVICED BY PEP BOYS!!!"

I'm getting about $600 worth of work done. I DO NOT need the hassle of getting towed on top of that!

I could have sworn that someone posted that they had gotten towed at Pep Boys and Pep Boys lawyers were in site. What became of that?

Posted on: 2009/1/20 1:38

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/20 0:32
Group:
Registered Users
My car was towed by Danny's Towing (385 8th St, Jersey City) and the charge was excessive - $152.10 ($120 towing plus $30 storage even though the car was only stored there for less than one hour). I was there to shop at the BBB & BJ's and scheduled an oil change at Pepboy's, and walked off the lot to get a cup of coffee at the Starbucks (not shopping at the mall). The guy from Danny's showed me a videotape that I walked toward the mall. Instead of providing a proper warning, they sneaked around and videotaped those who left the parking lot. The lot was vastly empty in mid-day (which is besides the point of course). The parking warning signage was inappropriately small and did not provide sufficient details such as the charge for the towing and the contact details of the towing company. Not only the charge was exorbitant, they only accept cash, no checks or credit cards.

I'm not a trained lawyer, but what they do - not providing proper signage and warning, designate someone to surreptitiously videotape people, etc. - don't seem legal to me. Someone should initiate a class action lawsuit.

Please see the Predatory Towing Prevention Act on http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/PL07/193_.PDF

Posted on: 2009/1/20 1:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
As much as it sucks, the towing happens for a reason. That being the greed of the Newport Mall owners in charging from the very first minute to park in their garages. There used to be a very reasonable 2 hour grace period to park in the Newport garage. I used to go in the mall back then, I haven't been in there in years. Does anybody know if they even had the decency to suspend the first 2 Hr parking fee for the holiday season like the cities do with the parking meters?

Posted on: 2008/12/28 17:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/28 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
realized that it is a scam and it is legal. Yes it feels criminal well JC found another way to push away shoppers to shop at this mall and the surround stores. I don?t live here and thank god I don?t. now reading this forum they must have a parking problem. But letting the thugs run the show is funny as hell. They have it down. I watch in a half hour 6 cars get towned . man they are making a killing.

More and more, the business world is filled with people who are governed by the principle of "what can we get away with", rather than by what is right. Does these stores really care about the reputation.

They are just a dishonest business and you become victimized. They are aggressive and relentless.They prey on the people who would never think you cannot shop at all the stores without moving your car around like a yo yo. Again funny as hell.

You cannot leave the parking lot. This is the land on the free. NOT.

This would not happen in a more rich community. They hit the lower class. (sorry JC).

If bed bath and beyond and all the other stores in this lot see are not seeing the moral wrong then I as only one person will stop shopping at all these stores.

What else can you do??????

Posted on: 2008/12/28 16:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/28 16:42
Group:
Registered Users
well some people do shopping at the mall and those stores in "the private shopping lot". now i realize that these stores should think about customers service or lack of.
and man this is a gross mall. they should pay u to go.
boycott bj's and shoprite and who ever else is there.
one less shopper for them...........it was my first time and last time.

peace.

Posted on: 2008/12/27 2:24

Re: Towing-Good Business in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/5/31 3:07
Group:
Registered Users
Can we kill this topic once and for all - everyone by now should know not to park at Shop-Rite and then shop at Newport. If you park and shop, expect to get towed and stop complaining!

Posted on: 2008/12/22 20:37

Re: Towing-Good Business in Jersey City
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

EZ and Danny's towing are making pretty good living for sure. It looks like a big business to me, definitely a very profitable one. Maybe somebody should count how many cars they tow every day and send a letter to the IRS. It seems like a perfect business. Most towing companies prey on uniformed people. I know guy who used to run a towing company, and told me thighs you would not believe. I wonder who gave them this contract and who pays for that. I?ve seen their drivers racing down Warren Street like crazy, at least 60 MPH, talking on radios while driving and breaking traffic rules. To be honest with you somebody should investigate this. I think Shoprite and BJ?s should pay more attention to other issues, like for example people stealing clothes from recycle containers parked on their lot.

Ah, "thighs you would not believe" in a uniform. My old meter maid fantasy rears it's ugly head, but in that "the boot" has a different meaning....

Posted on: 2008/12/21 19:38

Towing-Good Business in Jersey City

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/3 6:53
From Downtown
Group:
Banned
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
Quote:

shane612 wrote:
What bothers me most is that Danny's Towing is right here in the neighborhood. Day in, day out he tows his victims through the streets of downtown to his garage. I know there are those who will say he's just making an honest living, but if your money comes from screwing your neighbors, you're a sad soul.

there is NOTHING honest about the towing industry

EZ and Danny's towing are making pretty good living for sure. It looks like a big business to me, definitely a very profitable one. Maybe somebody should count how many cars they tow every day and send a letter to the IRS. It seems like a perfect business. Most towing companies prey on uniformed people. I know guy who used to run a towing company, and told me thighs you would not believe. I wonder who gave them this contract and who pays for that. I?ve seen their drivers racing down Warren Street like crazy, at least 60 MPH, talking on radios while driving and breaking traffic rules. To be honest with you somebody should investigate this. I think Shoprite and BJ?s should pay more attention to other issues, like for example people stealing clothes from recycle containers parked on their lot.

Posted on: 2008/12/21 6:26

Re: DO NOT park at PepBoys, BJs, Shoprite to go to Newport Mall right now
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Quote:

Brewster wrote:
My guess is that for every buck the mall owner makes for parking, the mall merchants lose $2-5 worth of sales to annoyed local customers who don't want to pay to run into the mall for something, and go to Target, BB&B or some other option.

I don't think they actually make that much money off the parking. They have to charge something to discourage commuters and others from treating the mall lot as some sort of park-and-ride. If you look at the fee schedule for parking there, the cost to park there shoots up exponentially after 4 hours. If they didn't do that, I can picture a lot people driving there and then taking the PATH the rest of the way to work.

If the point was to discourage commuters and encourage shoppers, there would be 2 hrs free before any charge. They would still bag you for a movie or a longer shopping expedition. That's not what they do, some bean counter thinks shopper parking is a profit center to be milked.

Posted on: 2008/12/17 21:15

DO NOT park at PepBoys, BJs, Shoprite to go to Newport Mall right now
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Whether I am charged nothing or $2.00 for a half hour so I can return something has absolutely no impact on those that would use the lot as commuter parking. As long as they charge a high rate for cars that are in the lot for more than 4 or 5 hours, they have the commuter issue covered. I will go almost anywhere before I go to the mall because of the parking fees. I can find most of what I need elsewhere. Even the movie theatres are ten times cleaner, more comfortable and QUIETER anywhere but at Newport.

Posted on: 2008/12/17 21:13

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 11 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017