Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Morning Murder at LSP Light Rail Station

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/3 8:55
From Somerset NJ
Group:
Registered Users
This man who murdered Michael Fuccile came from a very well to do family who had the means to get him top notch mental health care. If he was in the hands of capable parents he would not have committed such a horrible crime. I dont know if he was getting ongoing therapy to deal with his schizophrenia but he had a mother who left his family when he was like 3 or 4 and then proceeded to b in and out of his life throughout his childhood his father raised him. His mother had him in and out of hospitals starting at the age of ten which I feel is inappropriate he should have just taken him to a child psychologist for therapy sessions. He suffered from depression as a child b/c of being left home while his father worked a lot and I also feel b/c his mom was in and out of his life. Based on this his parents were not very competent his mother could have been a more stable presence in his life by being there for him more often since he was struggling with childhood depression and loneliness and his father was negligent in that he could have provided a babysitter for him when he was working. Also he could have been put into an afterschool program until his father came from work.

Posted on: 2020/5/3 8:55

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/3 8:55
From Somerset NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I know of this man he is still a very troubled individual in the institution hes in now and has been for twelve years he has gotten into fights altercations with other patients had sexual encounters with women who stated he physically hurt them during the act. Twice hes been in a transitional housing situation away from the main psychiatric hospital and he has gotten caught using drugs and exposing himself in public to others thus putting him back into the main hospital two times. Not too long ago back in Dec of 2019 he was on a day pass with family and he came back high on drugs thus curtailing his eventual discharge into a group home. Now hes due to get a third chance at transitional housing so he can eventually graduate to go to a group home on hospital grounds and then eventually totally discharged to either an apartment on his own or to his family. Hopefully he can stay off alcohol and drugs which was the cause of his psychotic break and murdering that commuter but given his track history in the psych hospital I seriously have my doubts but for the public's sake I hope his recovery on the outside is one but nothing of success. May Michael Fuccile rest peacefully and his death be not in vain also God speed to his wife and children other family members and friends.

Posted on: 2020/4/29 3:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
I can't debate whether rational laws should be applied to irrational people, but I do feel that it's an injustice to the victim and their loved ones to hear "not guilty" as a verdict.

that always struck me as odd, too. I mean, he did it. he killed a man. he is guilty of murder. why not a verdict of "guilty...but insane" and let that influence the sentencing (ie: mental institution instead of jail.)

Posted on: 2011/6/3 23:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
My reference to drunk driving is loose analogy. If "I" commit a crime (i.e. murder/manslaughter) because I'm drunk, I can't blame it on the booze, it's my fault ? regardless. This is my opinion, as narrow as it may be. If you commit a crime, you should be held responsible. Yes, mental insanity is a horrible disease, I agree with that fully. However, if you outright violently kill a man in cold blood, premeditated or not, under drugs or alcohol OR absence or mind ? you are still guilty of killing a man and should be sentence as such. I can't debate whether rational laws should be applied to irrational people, but I do feel that it's an injustice to the victim and their loved ones to hear "not guilty" as a verdict.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 19:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/25 15:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
He said Taylor had a history of recurring episodes that often forced hospitalizations beginning in his early teens. He also said he abused drugs and alcohol.

Why was he out on the street NJ?

If somethings broken you get rid of it, you dont just monitor it for a while and then start using it again. I know, i know... its a horrible thing to say but i said it.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 18:20

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/30 14:20
Group:
Registered Users
This is such a sad situation. From what I understand, the parents of the man who committed the murder knew their son was dangerous and they were unable to get the assistance they needed. This could have been prevented.

My condolences to both families.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
3rd - while I understand your frustration, severe mental illness cannot be compared in a balanced legal way to drunk driving.

As a nation, we are still in the dark ages, quite literally, when it comes to treating people who are chronically mentally ill. It is a disease I wish on no one. Until you walk in the shoes as a patient, friend or caregiver, you have no idea what kind of pain and anguish this causes. Until we restructure mental health treatment, tragedies like this will continue to occur. Look at what this nation is doing to the vets that come home with PTSD - at a rate that military experts are afraid to admit far surpasses that of previous wars.

My condolences go to both families.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 16:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

On_The_3rd wrote:
This is bullshit, absolute bullshit. I have no education in law, but I'm pretty sure that if I kill someone while drunk driving, I can't get off because "well judge, I was drunk at the time, I didn't know what I was doing." The fact that this kid has had problems since his teens, abused drugs and alcohol and had multiple stays in wards just adds insult to injury. Neither family involved deserves what this kid has brought upon them. I wish him no well. and from the brief description of his condition, death might have been his only saving grace.
I...what? What drunk driving? What drugs and alcohol? Did you even read the article? He was found to be insane and is now confined to a mental hospital. He's not walking around on the streets right now. Psych wards aren't exactly like Chuck E Cheese.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 16:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/2/6 21:28
Group:
Registered Users
You seem to have missed the part where he was found not guilty by reason of insanity because of chronic paranoid schizophrenia, not because of his history with drugs and alcohol.

I assume your last sentence means that you want him to get the death penalty, but I'm pretty sure that was abolished in NJ a couple of years ago.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 16:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/11 14:53
Group:
Registered Users
This is bullshit, absolute bullshit. I have no education in law, but I'm pretty sure that if I kill someone while drunk driving, I can't get off because "well judge, I was drunk at the time, I didn't know what I was doing." The fact that this kid has had problems since his teens, abused drugs and alcohol and had multiple stays in wards just adds insult to injury. Neither family involved deserves what this kid has brought upon them. I wish him no well. and from the brief description of his condition, death might have been his only saving grace.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City man found not guilty by reason of insanity in 2008 stabbing death of Merrill Lynch employee

Wednesday, June 01, 2011, 9:37 PM
By Michaelangelo Conte - The Jersey Journal

Not guilty by reason of insanity was the ruling today at a heartbreaking hearing in the case of a Jersey City man charged with murdering a commuter near the Liberty State Park Light Rail Station as he headed to work at Exchange Place in 2008.

Doctors for both the defense and prosecution ruled that Elgin Louis Taylor Jr., 26, of Communipaw Avenue, was unable to understand the nature of his actions the day he killed Michael Fuccile, 36, of Metuchen on Sept. 4, 2008.

Fuccile was stabbed multiple times in the neck, back and head at 8:30 a.m. in a senseless and random act of violence as he headed to work at Merrill Lynch's compliance unit in Global Wealth Management at 101 Hudson St.

With Taylor's insanity uncontested, Hudson County Superior Court Judge Kevin Callahan sentenced him to be confined to a mental hospital and evaluated periodically until such as time as he was not a danger to himself and the community.

The father of three was rushed to the Jersey City Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead less than an hour later. After the stabbing, Taylor ran east toward the Liberty Science Center but was chased by onlookers who pointed him out to Jersey City and NJ Transit police, officials said.

Numerous family members spoke tearfully and sometimes angrily at today's hearing, where they relayed their loss and confronted Taylor, who is on three different medications and showed no emotion.

The prosecution's psychiatrist testified in the brief hearing today saying that Taylor was a chronic paranoid schizophrenic subject to auditory and visual hallucinations. He said Taylor had a history of recurring episodes that often forced hospitalizations beginning in his early teens. He also said he abused drugs and alcohol.

Today's hearing ended late this afternoon.

Posted on: 2011/6/3 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Not everyone can enter the car park...was the attacker driving?

Posted on: 2009/1/8 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Do people sue the city when a crime occurs on Newark Avenue?

One is public and the other is 'pseudo-private' - Not everyone can enter the car park - you need to purchase a ticket and pay for the privilege and it is monitored by cctv.

On the platform or station there are conditions like having to have a validated ticket - that's why they can check your ticket on the stations and not simply catch you on the light-rail.
I've seen cops make dudes hanging around on the station move on because they didn't have a ticket.

This is why I have a beef with lazy slack-ass cops or management cops who couldn't arrange a lay in a hoe house.

Posted on: 2009/1/8 0:59
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Do people sue the city when a crime occurs on Newark Avenue?

Not a bad idea...

Posted on: 2009/1/8 0:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
So the Light Rail is responsible if a random crime happens at its station, but the city is not responsible if it happens 20 years away? How does this make sense? Do people sue the city when a crime occurs on Newark Avenue?

Posted on: 2009/1/7 23:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
But doesn't NJ Transit have use of NJ Transit Cops and Ticket Inspectors?
Was not the dreadful crime commited on NJ Transit owned property?
Is NJ Transit a private enterprise or government run service?
Was there no concerns about the safety for commuters at Liberty State Park station, which is also a tourist stop for the Science Center - is there any history of crime and was there any coorespondence for such a concern?

Like most government departments, they demand full authority and control without the accountability. Greed for $'s before service once again!

I agree this is a tragedy, and a terrible one! I dont agree NJT or whoever operates the light rail is responsible for it, and that is just my opinion. It is impossible to foresee everything that can go wrong and even more impossible to logistically or financially prevent all the possibilities from happening. It would be another story if NJT in some way facilitated this attack, but they didn?t. I guess I see pegging NJT with any responsibility for this like blaming the hotel and other establishments in India for not preventing the recent terrorist attacks that occured on thier grounds.

This is the real world, not a bubble, terrible things like this happen, you have to do your best to try to avoid them. Have personal accountability and don?t depend on others for your safety. Unfortunately with this situation there was nothing the victim could have done.

Posted on: 2009/1/7 23:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:
and you need to get spell-check.

we live in a free society where - theoretically - people are not locked up before they commit a crime.

under the current constitution, being mentally ill is not a crime.

talk about armchair quarterbacking. this entire thread is about what should have been done to prevent this. it's the same conversation that followed Columbine, 9/11...

I'm sorry. but sometimes bad things happen.

We live in a free society with Antiquated laws that should be
looked at and revised to fit the times.

I'm not suggesting locking away anyone and everyone with Mental problems, fact is most won't commit a violent crime, but there is a need to enable the medical community and family through a Just system to incarcerate someone if that person is a danger to themself or society .It can be done.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html ... 8069648_hatecrime24m.html

Poor and stupid attempt to get your point across, nice try, you failed.

Your response insures that I didn't fail.

Posted on: 2009/1/7 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:

we live in a free society where - theoretically - people are not locked up before they commit a crime.

talk about armchair quarterbacking. this entire thread is about what should have been done to prevent this. it's the same conversation that followed Columbine, 9/11...

I'm not suggesting locking away anyone and everyone with Mental problems, fact is most won't commit a violent crime, but there is a need to enable the medical community and family through a Just system to incarcerate someone if that person is a danger to themself or society .It can be done.

Poor and stupid attempt to get your point across, nice try, you failed.

Posted on: 2009/1/7 22:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

jehu wrote:
Oh, it gets better.... 21st Century gets bonuses for running the trains on time... So how does 21st Century do this? they run stops if they are behind schedule!!!

Nothing like only worrying about your bottom line and not service....

Somehow I'm certain the 2 companys are related to each other...

Posted on: 2009/1/7 22:13

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/15 15:15
Group:
Banned
Oh, it gets better.... 21st Century gets bonuses for running the trains on time... So how does 21st Century do this? they run stops if they are behind schedule!!!

Nothing like only worrying about your bottom line and not service....

Posted on: 2009/1/7 21:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
That's just perfect - collect the lease, but wash my hands of any accountability. Somehow NJTransit's accountability will have to be sorted out in the courts and NJT will have to recoupe any loss from 21st Century later!

I wonder what % of my taxes goes to NJT and what % is used to manage the 21st Century contract?

Posted on: 2009/1/7 21:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/15 15:15
Group:
Banned
Actually the Light Rail isn't ran by NJTransit. They lease it out to the 21st Century Rail Corporation to run and maintain. So I am not sure what responsibilities NJTransit has in regards to policing the Light Rail...

Posted on: 2009/1/7 21:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
But doesn't NJ Transit have use of NJ Transit Cops and Ticket Inspectors?
Was not the dreadful crime commited on NJ Transit owned property?
Is NJ Transit a private enterprise or government run service?
Was there no concerns about the safety for commuters at Liberty State Park station, which is also a tourist stop for the Science Center - is there any history of crime and was there any coorespondence for such a concern?

Like most government departments, they demand full authority and control without the accountability. Greed for $'s before service once again!

Posted on: 2009/1/7 20:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/21 3:42
From Hilltop
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I find it hard to believe that some would see that NJ Transit is void of any responsibility or duty of care to their patrons.

On any building site, it is the responsibility of the contractor / developer to provide a safe working area of all and either keep out the public or provide that same care.
If works are carried out on a private residents, then the owner of the building is liable for any accidents - if it is a high crime area then a security guard is employed or a 'cop' to direct traffic.

NJ Transit is in the business of providing transit. JC police are in the business of providing security to people in JC. NJ transit however does actually have thier own police force for some reason. I would be afraid if NJT was to be held accountable for security around it's facilities it would simply lead to service restrictions in some areas, and prevent service extentions to high crime areas.

Posted on: 2009/1/7 20:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I find it hard to believe that some would see that NJ Transit is void of any responsibility or duty of care to their patrons.

On any building site, it is the responsibility of the contractor / developer to provide a safe working area of all and either keep out the public or provide that same care.
If works are carried out on a private residents, then the owner of the building is liable for any accidents - if it is a high crime area then a security guard is employed or a 'cop' to direct traffic.

Posted on: 2009/1/7 19:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:

Posted on: 2009/1/7 19:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Whether or not we can "isolate" the mentally ill who might become dangerous has nothing to do with whether NJ Transit is any way legally or even morally liable for what happened here. Surely no one is suggesting that NJ Transit knew or should have known that this individual was a danger and did nothing to prevent the attack.

Posted on: 2009/1/7 19:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:

Posted on: 2009/1/7 19:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/1/7 17:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

MYBEAT wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I guess that if a loved one is murdered it's comparable to winning the lottery? Some lawsuits have merit but this one is a money grab. This was a horrible, random crime. No one is twisting peoples arms to use the Lightrail or park in "dangerous" areas. If their is evidence that this assailant was on the platform and threatening people and the NJ Rail people did nothing I could support a lawsuit. Otherwise this is just a nuisance suit to make up for the loss of a loved one?

Okay, put down yr crack pipe and get real..."Winning the lottery" how can you even think of making such a disgusting comment like that, not withstanding making it seem like this family are a bunch of ambulance chasers..

Why don't you sit in front of those children who are now fatherless and explain to them why they shouldn't at the very least be financially taken care of for their immense loss or better yet explain to these children and the widow why you feel that NJT should be let off the hook?

I don't know you and trust me, you must be one hell of a Miserable Lowlife !

So just sue everyone? Because there is someone to blame other than the actual assailant? If it isn't the assailants fault than why would you would worry that he is fed and clothed? He is obviously disturbed and won't even know where he is right? Or is he an animal? Make up your mind. It's either his fault or everybody elses. As far as the family goes I feel nothing but profound sorrow for them and I hope they never have to work a day in their lives. It is obvious though that they are represented by ambulance chasers and, yes, it looks awful. Nice try though.

You and JCBiscuit got it all wrong, Your not getting the gist of it and that is, someone needs to be held accountable as to why this NUTCASE was allowed to roam freely looking for his prey,this is not something that just happened out of the blue but in the making for who knows how long and better yet how many more of these people do we have to worry about ?

The current laws don't protect the innocent, they punish them by allowing for situations like this to exist.

I take it being put in the same situation, you would take pitty on the accused and not want for yr family to be taken care of ??? Amazing how simple it is to play the armchair QB when your not placed in that situation.

But then again thats what you get when you allow for yr mind to digest the Liberal BS thats put this nation 100 years behind all others...

YOU NEED TO GET REAL!

Posted on: 2009/1/7 15:15

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017