Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 114

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Anyone disappointed with Abby's BBQ these days?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

LynnePatrice wrote:
??Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:

I obviously used my own napkins, or my keyboard would be dead by now due to grease. That isn't the point, however. When you get food from somewhere, they're supposed to provide you with what you need to eat it. Plastic forks/spoons/knives and napkins are standard. Very few places are that fraking cheap, and no place that serves something as inherently messy as ribs should fail to provide napkins.

I was just joking. But seriously, I have noticed that lately more and more places are skrimping on the extra stuff like plastic forks, napkins etc. Most people have that stuff at home and when they are delivering to a residence, prob they just assume you have it unless you ask for it.

I HATE when they give you tons of plastic utensils and napkins. I don't need nor want any of it. It's a total waste. Do you know how many tons of drinking straws are in our land-fills? Oh, Abby's sucks BTW.

Posted on: 2009/1/4 20:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

croft wrote:
where is this place?

3rd and Monmouth if memory serves. Might be either Coles or Brunswick, but it is on 3rd.

Posted on: 2009/1/4 20:48

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
??Quote:

corybraiterman wrote:

I obviously used my own napkins, or my keyboard would be dead by now due to grease. That isn't the point, however. When you get food from somewhere, they're supposed to provide you with what you need to eat it. Plastic forks/spoons/knives and napkins are standard. Very few places are that fraking cheap, and no place that serves something as inherently messy as ribs should fail to provide napkins.

I was just joking. But seriously, I have noticed that lately more and more places are skrimping on the extra stuff like plastic forks, napkins etc. Most people have that stuff at home and when they are delivering to a residence, prob they just assume you have it unless you ask for it.

Posted on: 2009/1/2 14:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

sullyx wrote:
ate there 2 sundays ago for the first time in months and yeah, it wasn't so hot. had to ask the server to bring 2 sets of silverwear for myself and friend had to go to the bar to place order since they couldn't be bothered to come to the tables

Silverwear:

Resized Image

I know ribs are messy, but this seems excessive (sorry, couldn't resist).

Posted on: 2009/1/1 19:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/9/3 23:20
Group:
Registered Users
where is this place?

i like using delivery.com sometimes because they ask you if you want napkins/plastic utensils. i usually opt out and say no because i have tons of that stuff at thome, but i think it's a nice thing for people who actually need them.

Posted on: 2009/1/1 18:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/1/1 3:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
ate there 2 sundays ago for the first time in months and yeah, it wasn't so hot. had to ask the server to bring 2 sets of silverwear for myself and friend had to go to the bar to place order since they couldn't be bothered to come to the tables

Posted on: 2008/12/31 20:48
utterly deplorable

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe he is an artist.

Resized Image

Quote:

LynnePatrice wrote:
Why don't you have any napkins at your house?

Posted on: 2008/12/31 16:19

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
Why don't you have any napkins at your house?

Posted on: 2008/12/31 15:48

Anyone disappointed with Abby's BBQ these days?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ordered delivery from there for the first time after eating at the place a few times many moons ago. So many things were mediocre or worse with this meal.

Order: Full rack of ribs, comes with fries and rice. Cheeseburger for roommate coming home from the airport later.

Cons:
-Why are there olives on my ribs and fries? Not mentioned in the menu, I hate olives and hell, maybe I'm allergic? Don't add foods to a dish that aren't mentioned in the menu. Who the hell orders ribs and fries and gets olives?
-Fries are very plain. Lightest of seasoning, needs more to it than whatever it is they use.
-Ribs are very unevenly cooked. Some are great, some are burnt. Would prefer a different seasoning, but plain is kind of decent with the right sauces.
-Not enough sauce. A couple tablespoons of two different bbq sauce aren't enough for a full rack of ribs and fries.
-No napkins. Hi, I'm eating ribs, can i get some napkins pls?
-Delivery charge. This is the only place in the area I'm aware of that charges for local delivery. Yea, that comes out of the delivery guys tip.

Pros:
-Decent delivery time. ~20 minutes.
-Ribs that were cooked properly were fantastic.
-Rice was excellent, best part of the meal.

[edited for typos]

Posted on: 2008/12/31 1:57

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017