Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
112 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 112

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

Re: Can anyone in local goverment hold thier drink (Lipski this time)?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
I think with the right lawyer he can blame this on a medical condition and maybe even snag a lucrative spokesperson gig in the process.

A bladder control problem is something you can worry less about.

Are you always:

* Rushing to the bathroom?
* Urinating off the balcony at crowded tribute band rock concerts?
* Worrying about having an accident when you?re out with friends?
* Concerned that other people may notice your frequent trips to the bathroom?
* Bothered by having to get up at night?

OAB is very common. It affects 1 in 6 men and women in the US.

Many people think that as you age it?s normal to get a bladder control problem. Maybe your mother or grandmother had it. But the fact is, your bladder control problem may be a medical condition called overactive bladder (OAB).

Detrol

Posted on: 2008/11/10 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Pol_Who_Peed_on_Crowd_.html

he's linked off Drudge now. I love Jersey City.

He told the Daily News it was "deeply humiliating, very embarassing, and troubling".

LOL it's like he's talking about himself in the 3rd person. "Steve just can't figure out why Steve did that".

Sorry Fulop- Lipski's famous now. From here on out practice saying, "NO, NO, NO, I'm the OTHER Steve on the Jersey City Council!"

GWB

Posted on: 2008/11/10 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

emdot wrote:
It's bad enough that he is a sloppy drunk and that he was caught seeing a tribute band. But peeing on people, who does that?

Answer: Jersey City politicians

Better Answer: Jersey City Democrat politicians

Posted on: 2008/11/10 14:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
i am WAY more upset that one of our officials was at a grateful dead cover band concert. that offends me!

the way i see it, all those aged hippie wanna bees deserved a little golden shower!

Posted on: 2008/11/10 14:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/29 3:04
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CANKICKER wrote:

Give this guy a break. did he get piss drunk and act stupid, theres no question to date, at the end of the day he's human and makes mistakes just like the rest of us...

Can't get over just how many of you get off on this crap!

CK

piss drunk..wasn't it drunk piss?
I don't think pissing off the balcony on a crowd of people qualifies as a mistake. Being so overserved that you tell your wife how much you dislike her pot roast is a mistake.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 14:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

MargieHague wrote:
Ward C (Journal Square) Councilman
Steven Lipski
City Hall, 280 Grove Street
Room 202
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Tel: (201) 547-5159
Fax: (201) 547-4678
email: LipskiS@jcnj.org

Irina Zaki, Council Aide
Tel: (201) 547-5172
email:

Term of office
First elected to council: June 12, 2001
Current term expires: June 30, 2009

Biography
On June 12, 2001, Steve Lipski realized the first of two dreams. He was elected Councilman of Ward C the Journal Square area in Jersey City. On September 4, 2001, the new Councilman realized his second dream. He and his lovely wife, Yraida, officially opened the doors of Create Charter High School in the Greenville Section of Jersey City, welcoming 100 young girls and boys as ninth graders, and just four years later graduated the first ever charter high school class in Jersey City. Both as a Councilman and a School Administrator, Steve Lipski has had successes. For Steve, dreams do come true!

Born and raised in Jersey City, Councilman Lipski was a believer in patriotism from an early age. A Cub Scout and a Boy Scout, Steve served in the U.S. Army Reserves as a Drill Sergeant. Steve played in the Little League, and ran track and played football at Dickinson High School.

He studied at Seton Hall University, where he received two undergraduate degrees and two Master's Degrees, and recently completed his work for a Master's Degree in Education at Teachers College, Columbia University. He was an educator in the New York City School System for ten years until he received approval to open his Charter High School.

Councilman Lipski is presently serving his second consecutive term as councilman, the first to do so in Ward C since the 60's. During his tenure as councilman he served on the Redevelopment Agency as Commissioner, Vice Chairman, and Chairman. In addition, he has his own civic association that serves meals on Thanksgiving., sponsors three teams in Pershing Field Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken, and in cooperation with Pershing Field Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken gives out more than 4000 toys to children during winter holidays.

A community adviser for many years, especially in helping the less fortunate, Steve is a member of many civic and government groups and organizations, lie is a Fourth Degree Knight of Columbus and a member of the Elks and Moose Clubs. Steve has always been a big supporter of the Philippine American Friendship Committee, Inc's (PAFCOM) community development projects. Steve has an open arm to accommodate and help the Filipino American seniors and the youth in their needs. This year, Steve joined some Filipino American community leaders in CADCA's midyear training, held in Phoenix, Arizona, to develop and expand a citywide coalition under the Jersey City Community that Cares Program, to fight substance abuse in Jersey City, Today, he is working with PAFCON's executive Director, Rolando Lavarro, to Collaborate efforts to understand and improve the quality of life in Jersey City.

Special Projects
Education
Community development

(Taken from the City of Jersey City website. Note the last sentence of the last paragraph.)

Give this guy a break. did he get piss drunk and act stupid, theres no question to date, at the end of the day he's human and makes mistakes just like the rest of us...

Can't get over just how many of you get off on this crap!

CK

Posted on: 2008/11/10 13:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/28 8:43
Group:
Banned
The info is wrong. It was a RKelly concert.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 13:48

Re: JC Councilman arrested for Urinating on a Concert Crowd
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ihatethiscity wrote:
These local politicians have been doing this stuff for decades and they keep getting re-elected. The long time people of JC don't seem to mind...they are almost "proud". To get them voted out, we need all the new people in JC (those along the water front and anyone else who moved here over the past 5 years) to come out and vote. The problem is that they don't vote. I bet 95% of the people along the waterfront didn't know where their polling station was before this weeks presidential election. Hopefully this will embarass them enough to come out and vote all these loosers out of office.
I agree that a breath of fresh air like Fulop would be a welcome change to this city.

They probably think their mayor is Bloomberg. I wouldn't be surprised if they went over to Manhattan to deal with J.C. / N.J. issues only to be told to go back over to Jersey. Are any of the residents of the Waterfront even eligible to vote some are here on loan from big corporations. The locals still out number the new residents so until those that want a change in city ethics must stay and multiply. We did have one out of town republican his name was Bret Schundler and he even ran unsucessfully for N.J. state governor. So take this into consideration when venting.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 13:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

But staff at the popular nightclub say they saw Lipski urinating from a second floor balcony.

How much money will Lipski offer for those staff members to change their stories - At least a new car each should do, considering his retirement pension is also on the line !

Posted on: 2008/11/10 11:10
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
What kind of drink was it to be mistaken for urine? Most drinks are served cold, while urine tends to be warm and have a distinct smell. Seems fishy to me.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 10:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
I don't think you should blame Mayor Healy for the actions of any of the city councilmen.

This story has now gone around the world -- Here it is from Australia:

http://www.inquisitr.com/7775/steve-lipski/

also as mentioned above here is the Jersey journal with Councilwoman Willie Flood's spin:

================================
Update: Jersey City councilwoman says misunderstanding led to colleague's D.C. arrest

by The Jersey Journal
Sunday November 09, 2008

At-large Councilwoman Willie Flood said tonight that the arrest of Journal Square Councilman Steve Lipski Friday night for urinating on attendees at a Grateful Dead tribute band concert is the result of a misunderstanding.

Flood said Lipski called her today and told her he had spilled a drink and someone at Nightclub 9:30 mistook the liquid for urine.

"It's an allegation," Flood added about the incident. "We need the facts first and then make a determination what had happened. It seems out of character."

But staff at the popular nightclub say they saw Lipski urinating from a second floor balcony.

Flood, by the way, is also no stranger to controversy. Remember the two public jobs she gave her son?

Posted on: 2008/11/10 8:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
lol. when I first skimmed that article I thought, "what a psycho". But, I then realized that he peed on a bunch of people at a Grateful Dead concert. And it made total sense. Maybe he just hates Hippies. Can we now refer to this guy as "Cartman"?

Posted on: 2008/11/10 5:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
We should give credit to Lipski for creating OPTION 4 to this previously shown clip

Posted on: 2008/11/10 4:58
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
JJ has now updated the story and in a bizzare twist Willie Flood is now the one defending Lipski.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 3:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/26 3:14
Group:
Registered Users
These local politicians have been doing this stuff for decades and they keep getting re-elected. The long time people of JC don't seem to mind...they are almost "proud". To get them voted out, we need all the new people in JC (those along the water front and anyone else who moved here over the past 5 years) to come out and vote. The problem is that they don't vote. I bet 95% of the people along the waterfront didn't know where their polling station was before this weeks presidential election. Hopefully this will embarass them enough to come out and vote all these loosers out of office.
I agree that a breath of fresh air like Fulop would be a welcome change to this city.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 3:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Hey I've been to that club! It's such a cool place, been to a few concerts there back in my younger days when I lived in DC (and yes, I used their regular bathroom, on the lower level, when I had to go).

Does this ever end? First it's Mayor Healy, then Deputy Mayor Kabili Tayiri, then councilmember Willie Flood's son, and now this.

What charter school does he run, anyway? Perhaps the board of that school would like to hear about it.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 2:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Local JC politician huh? A lot of people make the case that an outsider shouldn't be elected for Mayor as in Fulop's case, but I don't see a whole lot of success from Local JC politician's. If it takes an outsider not to get drunk and piss himself or get involved in fighting/intervening in domestic disputes I would say I don't care if he/she's from Kansas! I say we say NO to LOCAL!! Anyone not from Jersey is a good choice in my book. Go Fulop!!

Posted on: 2008/11/10 1:59

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/6 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
Ward C (Journal Square) Councilman
Steven Lipski
City Hall, 280 Grove Street
Room 202
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Tel: (201) 547-5159
Fax: (201) 547-4678
email: LipskiS@jcnj.org

Irina Zaki, Council Aide
Tel: (201) 547-5172
email:

Term of office
First elected to council: June 12, 2001
Current term expires: June 30, 2009

Biography
On June 12, 2001, Steve Lipski realized the first of two dreams. He was elected Councilman of Ward C the Journal Square area in Jersey City. On September 4, 2001, the new Councilman realized his second dream. He and his lovely wife, Yraida, officially opened the doors of Create Charter High School in the Greenville Section of Jersey City, welcoming 100 young girls and boys as ninth graders, and just four years later graduated the first ever charter high school class in Jersey City. Both as a Councilman and a School Administrator, Steve Lipski has had successes. For Steve, dreams do come true!

Born and raised in Jersey City, Councilman Lipski was a believer in patriotism from an early age. A Cub Scout and a Boy Scout, Steve served in the U.S. Army Reserves as a Drill Sergeant. Steve played in the Little League, and ran track and played football at Dickinson High School.

He studied at Seton Hall University, where he received two undergraduate degrees and two Master's Degrees, and recently completed his work for a Master's Degree in Education at Teachers College, Columbia University. He was an educator in the New York City School System for ten years until he received approval to open his Charter High School.

Councilman Lipski is presently serving his second consecutive term as councilman, the first to do so in Ward C since the 60's. During his tenure as councilman he served on the Redevelopment Agency as Commissioner, Vice Chairman, and Chairman. In addition, he has his own civic association that serves meals on Thanksgiving., sponsors three teams in Pershing Field Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken, and in cooperation with Pershing Field Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken gives out more than 4000 toys to children during winter holidays.

A community adviser for many years, especially in helping the less fortunate, Steve is a member of many civic and government groups and organizations, lie is a Fourth Degree Knight of Columbus and a member of the Elks and Moose Clubs. Steve has always been a big supporter of the Philippine American Friendship Committee, Inc's (PAFCOM) community development projects. Steve has an open arm to accommodate and help the Filipino American seniors and the youth in their needs. This year, Steve joined some Filipino American community leaders in CADCA's midyear training, held in Phoenix, Arizona, to develop and expand a citywide coalition under the Jersey City Community that Cares Program, to fight substance abuse in Jersey City, Today, he is working with PAFCON's executive Director, Rolando Lavarro, to Collaborate efforts to understand and improve the quality of life in Jersey City.

Special Projects
Education
Community development

(Taken from the City of Jersey City website. Note the last sentence of the last paragraph.)

Posted on: 2008/11/10 1:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Has to resign? This is Hudson County, I wouldn't be surprised if he announced he was going to run for mayor. The "born and raised" politician's here are very arrogant. They think they can do anything and get re-elected.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 1:32

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/27 13:32
Group:
Registered Users
What a total and complete loser. Being drunk is not an excuse... the alcohol only emboldens people to act the way they really want to act. He has to resign, right?

Posted on: 2008/11/10 1:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
LOL! This is hilarious! Lipski is probably related to Healy!

Posted on: 2008/11/10 0:33
ಠ_ಠ

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

kiro wrote:
Lipski just another born and bred classy jersey city politician,just like McCann and countless others.

Then it's time for you out of towners to run for local office just like Fulop did. It's one step better than voting.

Posted on: 2008/11/10 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Healy set the standard of acceptable behavior for his administration - They can do as they please and will never lose their positions & pay at cityhall - imagine all the money we would save if they were fired and as a result lost their pension.
Its like the Bush administration but on a small scale - they want all the authority without the accountability.

Posted on: 2008/11/9 22:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
This administration has been pissing on the taxpayers for years.
Lipski probably thinks he did nothing wrong. Arrogent drunken fools are running this city.

Posted on: 2008/11/9 21:40

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/24 1:25
Group:
Registered Users
Does Steve Lipski want to go to rehab ? , he says NO NO NO !

Posted on: 2008/11/9 20:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
And this guy runs a charter school. What a great example.

Posted on: 2008/11/9 20:07

JC Councilman arrested for Urinating on a Concert Crowd

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/3 19:52
Group:
Registered Users
Report: N.J. Lawmaker Urinates On Concertgoers
Councilman Steve Lipski Arrested For Assault

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) ― A Jersey City councilman has reportedly been arrested for urinating on a crowd of concertgoers from the balcony of a Washington D.C. nightclub.

The New York Daily News reports in Sunday's editions that two-term Jersey City Democrat councilman Steve Lipski has been charged with simple assault.

The newspaper says 44-year-old Lipski was removed from a place called the Nightclub 9:30 on Friday night.

That's after club staffers saw him relieve himself onto the crowd from a second floor balcony during a concert by a Grateful Dead tribute ban.

Messages left at Lipski's council office, and a Jersey City listing under his name were not immediately returned.

Posted on: 2008/11/9 20:01

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe he is just being a good HCDO soldier and did this to take the heat and attention off of the HCDO leader, Mayor Healy.

I can't wait to hear what the Mayor has to say about this. Does he call for Lipski to resign?

As embarrassing as it is to have these idiots represent us and be our "leaders", I have to admit it is awefuly entertaining.

Posted on: 2008/11/9 19:50

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/29 16:51
Group:
Registered Users
Lipski just another born and bred classy jersey city politician,just like McCann and countless others.

Posted on: 2008/11/9 18:27

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/29 16:51
Group:
Registered Users
Lipski can atone for his behavior by publicly being urinated.

Posted on: 2008/11/9 18:19

« 1 ... 3 4 5 (6) 7 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017