Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

BottomBottom  Previous Topic Previous Topic  Next Topic Next Topic   Register To PostTopic is Locked

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: Gang Initiation Tonight...Is this real?
Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
Some of the information in this topic is false rumor. This topic is locked and may be removed.

Posted on: 2008/11/4 7:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Back in the day it was poison candy and razor apples. Aah...innocence lost.......

Posted on: 2008/11/3 21:17

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/29 16:00
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Below is a copy of an email from the East District JCPD Community Affairs Office Dina Reilly and a letter from the JCPD regarding this hoax. Excellent advice and an excellent response from the JCPD all around All the best. Geoff ---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: east <policeeast@jcnj.org> Date: Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 4:54 PM Subject: Halloween Update To: east <policeeast@jcnj.org> The Jersey City Police Department was made aware of false and misleading information being posted on the web regarding gang initiation. Please keep the following in mind when reading posts online (regarding crime and safety): 1. Is the information coming from a credible source? Was the information issued by the Jersey City Police Department? 2. You can always call your respective districts (telephone numbers posted on www.njjcpd.org) for confirmation of information. Chief Comey has issued a letter regarding the false information posted on web sites regarding gang initiation at www.njjcpd.org, Halloween Update. A copy is also attached. Please pass this information along to all community members, neighbors, family and friends. Have a happy and safe Halloween. P.O. Dina Reilly Jersey City Police Department East District Community Relations Officer Quote:
October 31, 2008 RE: Halloween Update On October 30,2008 an unknown individual(s) began posting false information regarding random shootings throughout the City of Jersey City. The erroneous information which was being posted on various websites caused an increased number of calls into our operations center seeking information. Although this increase did not cause a disruption in service it stood the potential to do so. The increased volume of calls could have potentially caused a delay in a response to a 911 call. The actions of this individual(s) placed residents in jeopardy and was at a minimum irresponsible and possibly criminal As a law enforcement agency we take our responsibilities very seriously. We devised an intelligence driven plan to protect our residents. During the period in question there was not one shooting in Jersey City. The men and women of the Jersey City Police Department have once again done an outstanding job. We are at the midpoint of an operational plan that was devised through intelligence gathering and community needs. In an effort to alleviate some of the fears of the community I have contacted the Hudson county Sheriff and asked for his assistance. Our goal is to have a uniformed officer at every primary and secondary educational facility within the city at the conclusion of the school day today. Our hope is that we will come to the end of our operational plan without incident, I can assure you that at 1:30 pm today, October 31, 2008, we have not experienced any major incidents. I can also assure you that we have no new intelligence to cause any concern. In the event that we had received any information that would have placed the public in jeopardy, we would have released that information immediately with the appropriate recommendations. Chief of Police Thomas Comey

Posted on: 2008/11/3 21:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/15 16:41
Group:
Registered Users
Also, Santa was spotted fighting zombies downtown. Don't worry, Santa won.

Posted on: 2008/11/3 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe none of them are what they seem or arent random but I find it interesting there were 3 shootings, a stabbing and slashing this weekend reported in the Jersey Journal. Of these all except one seems they can be random. I wonder what happened Thursday through Saturday that didnt make the paper.

Posted on: 2008/11/3 15:03

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/18 23:27
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:

wibbit, obviously his first post had some believing. The best thing this site owner can do is remove this thread. It's a waste of space.

Well, if it is such a waste of space, why do you keep coming back and contributing?

Posted on: 2008/11/3 14:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/13 17:44
From Hamilton Park(ish)
Group:
Banned
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Quote:

Loopy wrote:
Quote:

HearmeRawr/TOM wrote:
The rumor was real (only in my mind). They killed 140 OVER 9000!!! girls in total in only Jersey City (again, only in my mind) My mom's co-worker saw one me on the bus and knew I spent one evening posting under names like Tom and Hotmom.. My freind (I missed 2nd grade spelling) lost my Prozac on the 30th and 31st. So for those who think that wasnt true well it was.

Fixed.

Resized Image

Thanks, Loopy!

AMAZING! Are there any women left in Jersey City? I think I am the sole survivor...!

Posted on: 2008/11/3 14:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

wibbit wrote:
Quote:

The sad part is the way he posted this false information....it was wrong to scare people this way.

you have bigger problems than being scared if actually took this guy seriously.

wibbit, obviously his first post had some believing. The best thing this site owner can do is remove this thread. It's a waste of space.

Posted on: 2008/11/3 11:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Quote:

The sad part is the way he posted this false information....it was wrong to scare people this way.

you have bigger problems than being scared if actually took this guy seriously.

Posted on: 2008/11/3 6:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
I heard that you can hack this site to get peoples personal information if enough people label you as a fail troll. So the little hoodrat's whose parents are to busy getting drunk, shooting drugs and beating on each other to give a S*it about them should stop posting irrelevant BS about unreported mass murders.

Posted on: 2008/11/3 4:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

emdot wrote:
r_pinkowitz and loopy love the changes!

Wow, all those people were killed and we heard nothing. I guess the same cover-up happened in Paterson because the same rumor was going around there as well. They really had a lot of covering up to do. I am not saying that gang intiation isn't real, but come on. Every year it's the same rumor. I have heard it in JC, Paterson, Washington Heights, Brooklyn, and surprisingly enough Rochester. It's a Halloween myth, much like the boogieman.

Posted on: 2008/11/3 2:39

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
r_pinkowitz and loopy love the changes!

Wow, all those people were killed and we heard nothing. I guess the same cover-up happened in Paterson because the same rumor was going around there as well. They really had a lot of covering up to do. I am not saying that gang intiation isn't real, but come on. Every year it's the same rumor. I have heard it in JC, Paterson, Washington Heights, Brooklyn, and surprisingly enough Rochester. It's a Halloween myth, much like the boogieman.

Posted on: 2008/11/3 1:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Loopy wrote:
Quote:

HearmeRawr/TOM wrote:
The rumor was real (only in my mind). They killed 140 OVER 9000!!! girls in total in only Jersey City (again, only in my mind) My mom's co-worker saw one me on the bus and knew I spent one evening posting under names like Tom and Hotmom.. My freind (I missed 2nd grade spelling) lost my Prozac on the 30th and 31st. So for those who think that wasnt true well it was.

Fixed.

Resized Image

Thanks, Loopy!

Posted on: 2008/11/2 22:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
I had no idea General Westmoreland was the head of the Crips.

Posted on: 2008/11/2 22:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HearmeRawr wrote:
The rumor was real. They killed 140 OVER 9000!!! girls in total in only Jersey City. My mom's co-worker saw one of the girls get off the bus then one of the gang members right behind and killing her. My freind lost 2 friends on the 30th and 31st. So for those who think that wasnt true well it was.

Fixed.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/11/2 22:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
I dodged the various dead bodies in the street, the numerous crips, bloods and other suspicous ghouls clammering something about candy and mumbling bout "tricks or treats" and thus confirmed their violent tendencies.

I safely arrived at my destination, Harsh House, a short distance from Rolon's Keyhole Bar and proceeded to drink many Saranac Pumpkin Ales with other ghouls including FABCD, Madame & Pierre Curie, Betty Bailout and Mr. Money Bags and other nefarious types along with our host who had provided these tasty drinks and pizza, as he and his friend made magical music that was broadcast online in real time. Here's the link if you didn't hear it:

SKYLINE_A MUSICAL INQUIRY: GESTURE AND TEMPORAL SCALABILITY

Posted on: 2008/11/2 21:57
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/6 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
I had friends over for empanadas and cosmopolitans. It hit the spot!

Posted on: 2008/11/2 21:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
so what did everyone do on this wonderful night of jersey city holloween?

i stayed home, locked my doors, and played guitar hero.

Posted on: 2008/11/2 21:19

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/2 20:54
Group:
Registered Users
If you don't believe me that's your problem, but I'm not the type of person to be kidding about that type of stuff.

Posted on: 2008/11/2 21:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

HearmeRawr wrote:
The rumor was real. They killed 140 girls in total in only Jersey City. My mom's co-worker saw one of the girls get off the bus then one of the gang members right behind and killing her. My freind lost 2 friends on the 30th and 31st. So for those who think that wasnt true well it was.

OH, Webmaster, clean up on aisle one..... we have a troll spill!

Posted on: 2008/11/2 21:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/2 20:54
Group:
Registered Users
The rumor was real. They killed 140 girls in total in only Jersey City. My mom's co-worker saw one of the girls get off the bus then one of the gang members right behind and killing her. My freind lost 2 friends on the 30th and 31st. So for those who think that wasnt true well it was.

Posted on: 2008/11/2 20:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JerseyCityNj wrote:
October 31st is almost a holiday of its own

Hmm.

Posted on: 2008/11/1 19:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Quote:
[...]"Newark Mayor Cory Booker, police director Garry McCarthy and school superintendent Clifford Janey were all forced to address the rumors.

Booker called them "viral fear mongering."

McCarthy said he was "perplexed and outraged at the baseless and irresponsible rumors."

Still, to calm fears, Booker dispatched his personal security details to the schools yesterday, and McCarthy put numerous foot patrols on the school streets to augment the board of education police force. Janey said the district was "stepping up patrols and remains on high alert."

On the sidewalks and streets around Central High, there seemed to be as many cops as students, and as many cop cars as school buses.

All symbols of order, yes, but all reminders of "What if ...?"

And that is the fear, and the reality.

Mark DiIonno may be reached at (973) 392-1728 or mdiionno@starledger.com.

Posted on: 2008/11/1 17:35
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/29 15:46
From Bayonne, NJ
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/11/1 15:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/29 15:46
From Bayonne, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Im a Saint Peter's College student and the entire school got this email from the director of campus safety:

Please know that campus safety has confirmed the following information with the Jersey City Police Department Gang Intelligence Unit and they have not had any incidents nor are there any indications that this act has or will actually occur. We provide this message purely for informational purposes.

The following message has been circulating for several years without confirmation of an actual event. However, campus safety has learned that some members of our community have received generic text messages and e-mails that warn that 31 females will be killed at night as part of a street-gang initiation. Apparently, gang members in cars or trucks stop females and ask them for directions or money, and then they try to inflict injury to them. Because of this message, we urge the entire SPC community to be especially alert to their surroundings while walking on city streets.

We should also be aware of the possibility of Halloween and mischief night pranks while moving off campus. Please report any suspicious activity to campus safety immediately.

Arthur J. Youmans
Director of Campus Safety
Saint Peter's College
Phone- 201-761-7403

The only thing that happened to me on Thursday was getting egged when walking to my car from the school to the school parking lot on Tuers and Montgomery.

However, my girlfriends mom works at the hospital and 2 woman were shot in bayonne near the lightrail and 3 wounded and in critical condition from gunshot wounds last night..

I called the bayonne police department last night and the officer laughed at me and told me everything was false.

You dont know who to believe? This rumor has been circulating for YEARS (the highbeam one, etc...).. I guess all you can do is just be careful and cautious. I dont know what to believe, and Im not ashamed to say that I am on high alert and I will be staying home tonight in addition to staying home last night. You cant believe everything that the news says.. we all know how they manipulate their stories.. but Im pretty sure if someone was shot in front of someone else's house.. the news would be there in a heartbeat to report.

Posted on: 2008/11/1 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_insomniac wrote:

Anyway, there is no gang initiation or mass shootings tonight.

I know this was over exaggerated to the point it is unrealistic but it is even more unrealistic to say there is no gang initiations. It is a known fact that October , especially October 30th and 31st are major Blood initiation days. October 31st is almost a holiday of its own to this gang. Since the late 90s I always remember there being random slashings, beatings, stabbings and shooting these two days but for some reason it is never in the paper. I dont know if it is the police not reporting it to the news or the news not wanting to print the crimes but it seems these two days more then other days the paper under reports crime. Now I know the Jersey Journal doesnt report every major crime but ask your self why on days like Mischief Night and Halloween when major crimes are known to spike, very few crimes if any make the paper.

Posted on: 2008/11/1 8:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
Actually, their mission is to kill 35 virgins. There is nothing to worry about, it is an impossibility in JC. No one will be harmed.

Forget the two obvious fail trolls, this thread was won with the above post.

Posted on: 2008/11/1 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
That guy Tom isn't posting anymore, I heard from my friends on the force that Hot Mom shoved a light sabre up his..., then shot him 8 times, it was all over the police radios. They dumped him in the hudson. Big cover up probably won't ever here about it on the news but trust me, I know people who know stuff. Oh and the world is ending on Sunday night everyone is invited to meet and drink the magic potion that will let us hitch a ride on the comet to save ourselves. Don't be late!!

Posted on: 2008/10/31 20:06

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/4/24 16:13
Group:
Registered Users
This seemed so true.

Posted on: 2008/10/31 19:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

bdlaw wrote:
I thought it was dachshunds.

You really need new material. You lost that battle, get over it.

Posted on: 2008/10/31 18:57

(1) 2 3 4 »

Register To PostTopic is Locked

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017