Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Car Broken Into Multiple Times by Same Person
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/8/27 5:04
Group:
Registered Users
was the hole cut or punched with a small diameter object? I had a cargo van stolen from in front of my apartment by this method a few years back. the metal is so thin that they can use a punch to poke a hole and gain access to the locking mechanism. after getting the van back from newark where it was dropped and collecting parking tickets, I invested in some hockey puck locks that you will see on most contractor vans ... a huge round lock and hasp that makes it very hard to use the punch method - not practical for cars, but it worked for me.

Posted on: 2008/10/15 23:53

Re: Car Broken Into Multiple Times by Same Person
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/22 2:28
Group:
Registered Users
That is very odd, it's almost as if they are messing with you. I don't know what I would do in your situation. You said you have an alarm, does it ever go off? It does sound like the same person, but I don't know what to make of it (not that I am a detective). Sorry for your troubles

Posted on: 2008/10/15 21:40

Car Broken Into Multiple Times by Same Person

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 21:24
Group:
Registered Users
My Lincoln ls has been broken into about 5 times since I moved to jersey city in Jan 07 - They only stole stuff on 2 of those occasions.

One time it was a broken window

Every time since then I suspect its the same person - they bore a whole in my door just under the driver side lock.

The first time i thought i must have left the door unlocked because i didn't see anything - they stole the sirius hidden under the seat.

After two incidents I was no longer dumb enough to leave anything in the car, but i would notice that it was ransacked, glove box open and everything torn out.

I then noticed the whole in the door - paid $500 to get a new door panel put on and then again last weekend the asshole cut another hole in the door and didn't take anything because there wasn't anything in there...

Has anyone else had someone break into their car like this? is this a fault due to my type of car? i have an alarm, but it does no good.

i am thinking that i should just leave my doors unlocked to save them the trouble from cutting holes in my doors.

Posted on: 2008/10/15 21:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017