Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
98 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 98

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Profiles on Jersey Ave.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

AvantiGroup wrote:
Those guys with the straw horse in the window were shady, indeed...

Here is news about a shady Union City Storefront.

==========================

Five charged in NYC/Hudson County drug ring

Monday, October 06, 2008
CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Five members of an alleged drug ring that brought large amounts of heroin and cocaine from New York City to Hudson County have been indicted, the state Attorney General's office announced Thursday.

Luis Fernando Mejia, 44, of North Bergen, Enrique Carbonell, 55, of Union City, and Cesar Arrias, 30, of West New York, were indicted for charges related to conspiracy, and possession and distribution of heroin, the state Attorney General's office said.

Carbonell allegedly sold the cocaine and heroin from a Kennedy Boulevard storefront in Union City, a statement said.

Jorge Hernandez, 60, of New York City, and Areli Osorio, 36, of Clifton, were charged with conspiracy only, authorities said.

According to the indictment, an investigation uncovered a distribution network where Mejia picked up shipments of cocaine and heroin from Hernandez in New York City, and delivered then to members of the ring, including Carbonell.

Carbonell then sold both heroin and cocaine in Union City, officials said. Arrias and Osorio also allegedly delivered drugs to Carbonell.

Bail was set at $200,000 for each of the defendants, officials said.

Hernandez was arrested after law enforcement officers raided his home on Convent Avenue in New York City on Feb. 28, seizing more than a kilogram of heroin, two loaded semi-automatic guns, and $6,000 in cash, officials said.

Police arrested Mejia when they raided his home on 83rd Street in North Bergen the same day, finding 150 grams of heroin, officials said. Arias was also arrested that day, and Carbonell on April 3, officials said.

Posted on: 2008/10/6 13:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Hmmm. I don't buy it, but if they are in fact legit, I wish them luck (pending a new sign).

Posted on: 2008/10/6 13:14

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 20:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Those guys with the straw horse in the window were shady, indeed. Incidentally, the straw horse was left behind when they vacated. Where do you even find something like that?

If anyone is curious about Profiles, walk in and say hello. They had a pretty lively grand opening party, which isn't indicative of a lowkey "cover" operation as some seem to suspect of them.

Posted on: 2008/10/2 19:47
We are what we pretend to be. So we must be careful what we pretend to be - Vonnegut

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/12/27 1:27
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I've 90% sure I've seen a former contestant of America's Next Top Model (Eugena from season 7) walking around Jersey Ave a few times. Wonder if that's why she's here.

Posted on: 2008/10/2 19:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/4 14:25
Group:
Registered Users
I think that space is so odd.... i have seen a little bit of everything in that space. Remember when they sold soap? And then all last winter there was a random straw horse and lots of lamps? Now THAT looked like some weird cover for something... but a really bad one! There are doomed spots all on Jersey Ave... but hey! If that cookie place on Jersey and Cristopher Columbus broke the curse, then any of the others can too!

Posted on: 2008/10/2 16:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/10/2 0:36
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 20:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
No, it isn't a cover for anything sinister. They've been good neighbors so far, very friendly. They do a variety of things, one of them being set up as a talent agency. You may see some of their models and would-be stars walking in and out from time to time. Let's not bring out the pitchforks just yet, I say give them a warm welcome to Harismus Cove.

Posted on: 2008/10/1 21:46
We are what we pretend to be. So we must be careful what we pretend to be - Vonnegut

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/10/19 13:26
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I think its an office/showroom for an event/party planning business. <>

Posted on: 2008/10/1 21:23

Profiles on Jersey Ave.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
What is the PROFILES store on Jersey Ave.? The sign lists so many things, I can't possibly imagine what they are. Is this a cover-up for something, um, less legit? And why is the sign magenta? It is fugly!

Posted on: 2008/10/1 16:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017