Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
28 user(s) are online (13 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 28

more...



Tags: ''  

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users




(1) 2 »


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#54
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2005/7/7 4:33
Last Login :
2010/4/5 16:21
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 328
Offline
The management company will only paint the halls and upgrade the washing room if the board gives them the ok.
If the board asked rbins oak to get quotes for the work and they havent well thats bad management.

Management companies dont spend your money unless you ok it.

Although i've heard alot of bad reviews of Robins Oak i think alot of tenants and owners do not understand what is and what isn't the management companies responsibilities.

Posted on: 2008/9/30 22:24
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#53
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/5/3 23:12
Last Login :
2008/11/29 21:28
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
Posts: 61
Offline
Robin Soak. The soak the energy right out of you. Never proactive and always actively slow.

Posted on: 2008/9/30 18:42
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#52
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/9/30 18:18
Last Login :
2008/9/30 18:19
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1
Offline
I have lived at 260 Harrison for 4 years now and have not had major issues. I have never been robbed, assaulted, always had heat, no problems with bugs, good neighbors. I come home all times a night and no issues.

I mean I paid a very low price for my condo so I knew what I was getting into. This area is not downtown Jersey City but there are buildings in neighborhoods all over worse than where I live. I never saw anyone in my building that didn't belong there. Never had police come to my apartment for any reason.

I find my building a pleasant place to live but again I wasn't expecting the Ritz. The last place I lived in was in the city and the neighborhood was worse than this and I paid much more money.

I never knew alot of the things people are talking about on this board. Never experienced it. The issues I have with RobinOak are the washer room and elevator. The washer room needs to be upgraded and the elevator is horrible. Needs to be cleaned and repainted. I also would like to understand the finances of the building better.

People use common sense when you live in an urban area. Take cabs late at night, lock your windows. Get an alarm. I have one but never had to use it.

Have a nice day everyone and use common sense. This area is no different than a ton of areas.

Posted on: 2008/9/30 18:39
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#51
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined :
2005/11/20 12:25
Last Login :
2009/12/24 13:31
Group:
Banned
Posts: 108
Offline
Quote:

roxy wrote:
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with Robins Oak? I've only been here for a few months and I'm ready to put my place back on the market, even at a financial loss! Help...


Your beef is not so much with Robins Oak but with your board of directors. They are the boss of the management company. I would complain to the board as well as try to get on the board.

Posted on: 2008/8/17 21:57
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#50
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/8/17 20:18
Last Login :
2008/8/17 20:20
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1
Offline
I wish I had known about this site prior to purchasing my condo @ 145 Harrison Avenue. I love my unit; however, I hate dealing with Robins Oak. Patricia Meadows never returns any phone calls. With all the documented complaints, I don't understand why the condo board continues to do business with Robins Oak?

There is a rodent infestation problem in my building. I'm forced to share my unit with these creatures, while management continues to ignore the problem. They promised the common areas in the building would be renovated, so far, they have not delivered on any of the "dreams" they sold to new owners. In addition, the overall maintenance of the building is terrible. I'm afraid to even go to our basement to check my mail.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with Robins Oak? I've only been here for a few months and I'm ready to put my place back on the market, even at a financial loss! Help...

Posted on: 2008/8/17 20:40
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#49
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/3/20 16:33
Last Login :
2008/5/25 15:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 8
Offline
Unfortunately, no. The next board meeting (whenever that is) will see alot of the new owners involved I'm sure. That's when a number of outstanding issues will be dealt with. At the next board election (end of November) the owners will have the opportunity to vote on removing RobinsOak as the management company and hiring a new one.

Posted on: 2008/5/25 15:31
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#48
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2007/9/19 16:49
Last Login :
2009/4/16 16:04
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 11
Offline
Have you found any resolution in dealing with Robin's Oak?

Posted on: 2008/5/21 15:16
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#47
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/3/3 23:56
Last Login :
2010/2/22 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 25
Offline
Quote:

SalOnTheHill wrote:
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:
Quote:

SalOnTheHill wrote:
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:
To SalOntheHill:

What I meant to write was neighborhood watch, not just neighborhood.

And I am not complaining that someone was selling crack in the park, it was just an FYI to everyone in the area who might bring their kids to the playground. The reason I did not call the cops is because by the time they got down there the guy (who was already walking away) would have been long gone and why waste their time?

On another note: I love the sardonic and sanctimonious tone you took with me... another intenet tough guy.

-Chris Smith


Right, because lifting a finger and giving a description would have been so difficult, and you\'re really the most qualified person to determine what\'s a waste of police time? Fact is that Lincoln Park is a County Park, under almost constant patrol by County Sheriffs, to whom a call would have been quickly routed.

Do \"everyone in the area\" a favor: save your FYIs, and report drug dealing at playgrounds when you see it, hot shot.


I spend a lot of time in Lincoln Park and this is the only time I have ever seen something like this.

It is easy to say to call the cops but unfortunately I did not have my cell phone on me or I would have, but by the time I got home it was about an hour or more later. I did follow the guy for a bit but did not see any cops in the park or I would have just walked over and told them what I saw.

I did actually consider saying something to the \"dealer\" myself but my judgement got the better of me, I would rather not provoke a confrontation unless it endangers my family or myself.

And the reason I posted the FYI was so that people could keep an eye out for that sort of thing. But following your logic if I can not call myself I should just pretend I did not see anything?

Maybe instead of jumping to hasty conclusions you should keep your mouth shut or ask more questions, it might help you clarify your understanding of situations, hotshot.



Wow! The plot thickens, with every post! So in your first response, he was already walking away and they wouldn\'t have gotten there in time, and in your follow up, you were without your cellphone for over an hour. Riiiiight. How conveeeeeenient...

Good job throwing in the \"contemplation of drug-dealer confrontation\" yarn, though. Nice touch, especially for somebody calling other people \"tough guy\".

Mmmmm.... spin.

Just call the cops next time, mmmkay? Even if it\'s to just give a description.


Actually I am being honest. I was on my way to the dog park and did leave my phone at my house (I dislike cellphones and frequently \"forget\" to bring it with me). I often go down there and stay for an hour or more, factor in the twenty minutes it takes to walk down there (and then twenty more back) and it was well over an hour before I got back to my house. There is nothing \"convenient\" about it, I simply did not have my phone on me.

Obviously you feel like you need to hear the whole story so here it is: I was walking my dog down to the dog park at the ass end of Lincoln Park at about 3:00 in the afternoon. I noticed a black guy and a white lady standing there. She handed him money; he in turn handed her something that I could not see. They both had the \"no teeth crack head look\" about them so I figured that was what the transaction was about. They both seemed somewhat nervous that I was staring

I thought briefly that I would yell at him to not sell crack so close to a playground but thought better of it (maybe I was wrong or maybe I would get inot a fight or worse). She then proceeded to walk up towards west side and he walked down towards the duck/goose pond with the fountain. I followed him thinking that I might see a cop driving around along the way and could let the cop know that he might have drugs on him. I did not see a cop so I decided to mind my own business and continue my walk.

I never said I was a tough guy or that I even act tough in any respect. But I do not have to hide behind a computer screen and insult people who are just posting things that they see in the neighborhood. However, I am not above expressing my opinion on the computer or anywhere else that you are a douchbag. Although, I will take your suggestion and report these things to the police in the future...even if it does happen to be an hour or so later.

Posted on: 2008/5/7 5:02
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#46
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/1/28 23:20
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Posts: 182
Offline
Quote:

petey8 wrote:
Mr Smith--posters like Sal have virtually chased me off this site with their constant negativity and criticism. I still pop in from time to time to get information about new restaurants and other news, but I rarely sign in or post any longer. Not sure if that is his goal, to brow-beat and argue every person, and each tiny point into some kind of submission, but I found it does not really add any value to my life to get involved. Not that I didn't get into it now and again when I disagreed with someone, but I just didn't feel I needed to challenge or be challenge constantly by such an intellectual juggernaut.
Good luck with ROM--I have read your posts on this thread and feel sympathy for all the crap everyone seems to be going through in these condos.


Yeah, holding people to their civic duty and, oh, i don't know, reporting to the police when they see somebody dealing crack at a playground in broad daylight less than a block from their home? Soooooo negative. Tsk tsk.

Posted on: 2008/5/7 3:57
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#45
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2006/11/17 21:06
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 163
Offline
Mr Smith--posters like Sal have virtually chased me off this site with their constant negativity and criticism. I still pop in from time to time to get information about new restaurants and other news, but I rarely sign in or post any longer. Not sure if that is his goal, to brow-beat and argue every person, and each tiny point into some kind of submission, but I found it does not really add any value to my life to get involved. Not that I didn't get into it now and again when I disagreed with someone, but I just didn't feel I needed to challenge or be challenge constantly by such an intellectual juggernaut.
Good luck with ROM--I have read your posts on this thread and feel sympathy for all the crap everyone seems to be going through in these condos.

Posted on: 2008/5/7 3:51
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#44
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/1/28 23:20
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Posts: 182
Offline
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:
Quote:

SalOnTheHill wrote:
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:
To SalOntheHill:

What I meant to write was neighborhood watch, not just neighborhood.

And I am not complaining that someone was selling crack in the park, it was just an FYI to everyone in the area who might bring their kids to the playground. The reason I did not call the cops is because by the time they got down there the guy (who was already walking away) would have been long gone and why waste their time?

On another note: I love the sardonic and sanctimonious tone you took with me... another intenet tough guy.

-Chris Smith


Right, because lifting a finger and giving a description would have been so difficult, and you're really the most qualified person to determine what's a waste of police time? Fact is that Lincoln Park is a County Park, under almost constant patrol by County Sheriffs, to whom a call would have been quickly routed.

Do "everyone in the area" a favor: save your FYIs, and report drug dealing at playgrounds when you see it, hot shot.


I spend a lot of time in Lincoln Park and this is the only time I have ever seen something like this.

It is easy to say to call the cops but unfortunately I did not have my cell phone on me or I would have, but by the time I got home it was about an hour or more later. I did follow the guy for a bit but did not see any cops in the park or I would have just walked over and told them what I saw.

I did actually consider saying something to the "dealer" myself but my judgement got the better of me, I would rather not provoke a confrontation unless it endangers my family or myself.

And the reason I posted the FYI was so that people could keep an eye out for that sort of thing. But following your logic if I can not call myself I should just pretend I did not see anything?

Maybe instead of jumping to hasty conclusions you should keep your mouth shut or ask more questions, it might help you clarify your understanding of situations, hotshot.



Wow! The plot thickens, with every post! So in your first response, he was already walking away and they wouldn't have gotten there in time, and in your follow up, you were without your cellphone for over an hour. Riiiiight. How conveeeeeenient...

Good job throwing in the "contemplation of drug-dealer confrontation" yarn, though. Nice touch, especially for somebody calling other people "tough guy".

Mmmmm.... spin.

Just call the cops next time, mmmkay? Even if it's to just give a description.

Posted on: 2008/5/7 3:44
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#43
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/3/3 23:56
Last Login :
2010/2/22 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 25
Offline
Quote:

SalOnTheHill wrote:
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:
To SalOntheHill:

What I meant to write was neighborhood watch, not just neighborhood.

And I am not complaining that someone was selling crack in the park, it was just an FYI to everyone in the area who might bring their kids to the playground. The reason I did not call the cops is because by the time they got down there the guy (who was already walking away) would have been long gone and why waste their time?

On another note: I love the sardonic and sanctimonious tone you took with me... another intenet tough guy.

-Chris Smith


Right, because lifting a finger and giving a description would have been so difficult, and you're really the most qualified person to determine what's a waste of police time? Fact is that Lincoln Park is a County Park, under almost constant patrol by County Sheriffs, to whom a call would have been quickly routed.

Do "everyone in the area" a favor: save your FYIs, and report drug dealing at playgrounds when you see it, hot shot.


I spend a lot of time in Lincoln Park and this is the only time I have ever seen something like this.

It is easy to say to call the cops but unfortunately I did not have my cell phone on me or I would have, but by the time I got home it was about an hour or more later. I did follow the guy for a bit but did not see any cops in the park or I would have just walked over and told them what I saw.

I did actually consider saying something to the "dealer" myself but my judgement got the better of me, I would rather not provoke a confrontation unless it endangers my family or myself.

And the reason I posted the FYI was so that people could keep an eye out for that sort of thing. But following your logic if I can not call myself I should just pretend I did not see anything?

Maybe instead of jumping to hasty conclusions you should keep your mouth shut or ask more questions, it might help you clarify your understanding of situations, hotshot.

Posted on: 2008/5/7 3:23
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#42
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/1/28 23:20
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Posts: 182
Offline
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:
To SalOntheHill:

What I meant to write was neighborhood watch, not just neighborhood.

And I am not complaining that someone was selling crack in the park, it was just an FYI to everyone in the area who might bring their kids to the playground. The reason I did not call the cops is because by the time they got down there the guy (who was already walking away) would have been long gone and why waste their time?

On another note: I love the sardonic and sanctimonious tone you took with me... another intenet tough guy.

-Chris Smith


Right, because lifting a finger and giving a description would have been so difficult, and you're really the most qualified person to determine what's a waste of police time? Fact is that Lincoln Park is a County Park, under almost constant patrol by County Sheriffs, to whom a call would have been quickly routed.

Do "everyone in the area" a favor: save your FYIs, and report drug dealing at playgrounds when you see it, hot shot.

Posted on: 2008/5/7 1:26
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#41
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/3/3 23:56
Last Login :
2010/2/22 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 25
Offline
To SalOntheHill:

What I meant to write was neighborhood watch, not just neighborhood.

And I am not complaining that someone was selling crack in the park, it was just an FYI to everyone in the area who might bring their kids to the playground. The reason I did not call the cops is because by the time they got down there the guy (who was already walking away) would have been long gone and why waste their time?

On another note: I love the sardonic and sanctimonious tone you took with me... another intenet tough guy.

-Chris Smith

Posted on: 2008/5/7 1:10
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#40
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/1/28 23:20
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Posts: 182
Offline
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:
Do we have some sort of neighborhood on harrison ave or is that a stupid question?

Another thing that has been pissing me off are all the people standing around outside walgreens begging for change. I don't mind giving some some change once in a while but these guys are out there all day everyday. If they looked for a job with as much vigor as they beg for money they would be alright. And a lot of the time these guys don't look like they are destitute.

Oh and I saw some guy selling crack in Lincoln Park, right by the playground, which I thought was just in ABC after school specials.


Did you call the cops to report the crack sale you claim you saw? If not, then you pretty much forfeit your right to complain about the area not being enough of a "neighborhood" for you.

Back on topic: what percentage of the building(s) in question are holdover renters versus condo owners? Because these type of tactics (to let the building fall apart in an attempt to make the conversion happen quicker, by scaring people out of the building) are part of the condo conversion playbook. Even if it does damage to the rep of the place among current owners, it is worth it to the developer to get the renters out as quickly as possible.

I would add to the suggestions that you make sure all of these incidents are documented, in one place, and keep meticulously detailed records of every event, every police call, every communication with management (which should all be written and certified return-receipt). And I would also try to contact David Donnelly at City Hall - he has been trying to stay on top of housing issues.

Posted on: 2008/5/6 4:37
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#39
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/3/3 23:56
Last Login :
2010/2/22 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 25
Offline
Do we have some sort of neighborhood on harrison ave or is that a stupid question?

Another thing that has been pissing me off are all the people standing around outside walgreens begging for change. I don't mind giving some some change once in a while but these guys are out there all day everyday. If they looked for a job with as much vigor as they beg for money they would be alright. And a lot of the time these guys don't look like they are destitute.

Oh and I saw some guy selling crack in Lincoln Park, right by the playground, which I thought was just in ABC after school specials.

Posted on: 2008/5/6 3:57
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#38
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/1/12 16:36
Last Login :
2013/11/26 3:14
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 88
Offline
Does your building (or any of the others) have a live in super? I see your super mentioned once, does he live in the building or just show up to clean and take the trash out? I would think it is partially his responsibilty to ensure the doors are shut. Does he ever chase these people out of the building ro does he just turn his back?

Posted on: 2008/5/5 21:03
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#37
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/3/20 16:33
Last Login :
2008/5/25 15:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 8
Offline
The guy was not from the building. A number of residents in all of the so-called "Harrison Ave. Condos" have reported finding homeless people sleeping in the hallways or basements. Poor security allows easy access.

Posted on: 2008/5/3 15:58
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#36
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/2/19 3:23
Last Login :
2011/10/21 1:20
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 23
Offline
Do you think it's against the Condo Rules for me to do a slide in the elevator shaft to the basement, so I don't have to go down there to get rid of my trash??? I'm so scared of the basement.
Was the resident crackhead evicted, arrested or what???[quote]
laundrybob wrote:
That happened on Tuesday in the middle of the day. It's because the basement door is rarely secured. Most people in the building avoid the laundry room and go to the West Side/Communipaw laundromat.

As far as your mom goes, best not to even mention the basement unless you want to say that Wes Craven lives in the building and he has built a set downstairs.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 18:01
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#35
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/3/20 16:33
Last Login :
2008/5/25 15:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 8
Offline
That happened on Tuesday in the middle of the day. It's because the basement door is rarely secured. Most people in the building avoid the laundry room and go to the West Side/Communipaw laundromat.

As far as your mom goes, best not to even mention the basement unless you want to say that Wes Craven lives in the building and he has built a set downstairs.

Posted on: 2008/5/2 3:44
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#34
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/2/19 3:23
Last Login :
2011/10/21 1:20
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 23
Offline
Laundry Bob.. did that crack head incident happen recently, or is that the crackhead incident you told me about previously? I got a washer for my apartment, so I only have to go down for trash.. but still. I already feel like it's a dungeon for the time of the plague where people were pilled up and torched after death... but that's just the impression I get from it.

Posted on: 2008/4/30 16:05
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#33
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/2/19 3:23
Last Login :
2011/10/21 1:20
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 23
Offline
Wow.. is there any way we can fix this shit before my mother visits this weekend? She's going to have a canniption (sic.). Also, for the Harrison Avenue folks, where should I have my guests park? Is there a secure garage or lot for overnight parking around the hood somewhere?

Posted on: 2008/4/30 16:00
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#32
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/3/3 23:56
Last Login :
2010/2/22 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 25
Offline
Yeah, shit has to change soon. A woman in my building (260 Harrison) came down the stairs the other morning on her way to work and found a homeless man sleeping in the stairwell.

Maybe a security guard is the answer.

Is there some way to sue RobinsOak into making these changes?

Posted on: 2008/4/29 23:45
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#31
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/3/20 16:33
Last Login :
2008/5/25 15:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 8
Offline
UPDATE: I forgot to mention that about a week ago I was coming home and the JC police followed me into the building. They told me that this was the 3rd time in 4 days that they had been called. Apparently each time there were people up on the roof who didn't live in the building. As I was going into my apartment 2 policemen who were already in the building were walking a guy down the stairs. He looked very drunk or high or both. Apparently these people walked in through the unlocked basement door and then entered the roof area through an alarmed door. According to one of the neighbors I was talking with the door to the roof is unsecured and the alarm does not work.

I was also told that RobinsOak is aware of the problem and has been for sometime. Besides, we all know that they read this forum, so they are aware of it now.

Posted on: 2008/4/29 19:50
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#30
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/3/20 16:33
Last Login :
2008/5/25 15:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 8
Offline
Okay, so I have to say that the post from Webmaster made me laugh out loud. Imagine a company making up a profile to attack their critics and being so blatantly obvious about it to boot. Arrogance or stupidity? Either way, give someone enough rope.......

Wibbit.......I have a habit of rambling on a bit so I appreciate your straight to the point response! Problem is when you own a place and want to sell in a down market, well, easier said than done. Besides, paying almost $600 a month in maintenance fees does make you want to see return for that money and I like the apartment, the neighbors, the park, so I think it's appropriate to fight for basic things to make the standard of living better. For current and future owners/renters.

UPDATE: It's about 3 o'clock in the afternoon and I just returned from the laundry room. When I walked in there was a guy laying out his supply of crack on a machine. Thing is, I work with addicts on almost a daily basis, so I emphasized with him, but it's a laundry room you know what I mean? Besides, what about the woman who lives on the 3rd floor and brings her kids down to do laundry mid-day? The lack of security puts her, me, everyone else at risk.

So let's forget about all the other issues and focus on safety and security. The basement door is unlocked and open all day long. Anyone can come and go. Many of the refurbished units are being sold with defective locks or no locks on the windows. RobinsOak is well aware of these issues includind the fire alarm problems, etc. They have it in writing and posted on the Internet in a number of forums. What's it going to take before they respond (with actions, not words)? The developer making them respond so the buildings become more attractive to buyers? Someone being attacked and having the police or lawyers make them respond? Can you say liability RobinsOak? A story in the press? This is pretty basic stuff. Pretty important stuff really.

Based on the advice I have received here and elsewhere residents in these buildings need to contact their boards in writing (so you have a record) and register your complaints and request a meeting of the board and residents. And then make sure that you and your neighbors show up to the meeting. Note that each building has its own board. Currently, the developer holds the majority of votes on each 5-member board. It is in the best interests of the developer to have a responsible management company in charge. They want to sell all of their units in a timely manner and they do not want negative publicity. For all we know, the developer is not even aware of all the issues with RobinsOak.

One day these buildings will be in great shape and all of the problems with safety and security will be resolved. It's really a matter of speeding up the process. Time to get the cowboys out of the way.

Posted on: 2008/4/29 19:20
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#29
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined :
2005/2/14 23:14
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
Posts: 491
Offline
Quote:
Crack users in the laundry room


wtf?! i would move out...

Posted on: 2008/4/26 1:06
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#28
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/3/3 23:56
Last Login :
2010/2/22 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 25
Offline
How would someone go about getting a new management company and does anyone have any idea when board meetings are? I think it might be time to elect some new people to the condo board, unless they start responding to residents' concerns in meanigful ways.

Posted on: 2008/4/24 16:28
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#27
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/4/23 17:12
Last Login :
2008/4/24 13:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2
Offline
Webmaster said: "rompride AND investwme are posting with the same IP address."

Does that mean that both posts came from RobinsOak Management? If so, that means we just saw them insulting laundrybob, and the rest of us, who unfortunately remain their customers.

I swear, this is just the worst company to do business with. I've never had an experience like this with any company! I guess their claim about being technologically advanced was a joke if they didn't realize they could be tracked when they posted to multiple accounts. Now that's savvy.

Posted on: 2008/4/24 13:48
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#26
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined :
2005/5/13 19:36
Last Login :
5/16 13:02
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 47
Offline
A word of caution: keep your plans to switch management to yourself if RobinsOak employees or their family members own units in the building. We wanted to change, too, but the owner voted his parents onto the board.

Posted on: 2008/4/24 13:11
Top


Re: Problems With RobinsOak Management
#25
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined :
2008/4/23 17:12
Last Login :
2008/4/24 13:42
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2
Offline
I also have had a very frustrating experience dealing with Ms. Meadows. First of all, she never once has actually picked up the phone when I have called, and by the time I actually do get a return call from her, her attitude is horrendous. I have never experienced worse customer service, not even from the phone company. I have been able to contact other workers at RobinsOak Management who have been very polite and helpful, but Ms. Meadows has been nothing short of a nightmare to deal with. I'll be speaking with my fellow owners to discuss changing management companies if possible and I encourage everyone else who is experiencing the same trouble to consider the same. The only way to get the message across to companies like this one is to fire them imho.

Posted on: 2008/4/23 17:18
Top




(1) 2 »




[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017