Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
168 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 168

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: the two women in hamilton park

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/7 0:09
Group:
Banned
I have RECENTLY become obsessed with these 2, They are NOT drug addicts, I live near bye, I look after them, any chance I get. Portia seems to have money, Skanky girl doesn't. Portia seems to buy chinese food, Skanier girl does not. NO Drugs are involved. These girls are crazy.....I want to help. Portia is a little angry.....and bi-lingual, she yelled at me in French,, I just want to help these girls.

Posted on: 2008/9/16 5:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:

If the mentally ill person is not in danger of harming herself or others, or not in a severe distress, you cannot treat that person without the person's consent.

Therefore, judging from the descriptions of all the junior psychiatrists on jclist, all you can do is to ask that person whether she would like to accept medical (or other) help.

That's a sham, because a mentally ill person can't make such a decision, however they should be institutionalized for some treatment / evaluation so they aren't preyed upon.

The real question is who's going to pay the bill !

Posted on: 2008/9/3 23:49
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
Quote:

Amy wrote:
I too saw the blonde woman laughing loudly and for a long time, seemingly at nothing. The next day, I heard her speaking, as if she was on the phone, but with no phone. She seemed to be explaining something and was quite articulate about it. Again I wondered if she had lost a professional job and was under the impression that she was in a meeting or something like that.

It doesn't seem safe for people to approach her if they have children with them, and she doesn't seem to like to be approached or spoken to in any case. I would leave that to the experts (hopefully they will be on the scene soon), and maybe we can learn how to help once we know more about where help is needed.

If the mentally ill person is not in danger of harming herself or others, or not in a severe distress, you cannot treat that person without the person's consent.

Therefore, judging from the descriptions of all the junior psychiatrists on jclist, all you can do is to ask that person whether she would like to accept medical (or other) help.

Thanks junior lawyer.

Anytime, vig.

Posted on: 2008/9/3 23:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:
Quote:

Amy wrote:
I too saw the blonde woman laughing loudly and for a long time, seemingly at nothing. The next day, I heard her speaking, as if she was on the phone, but with no phone. She seemed to be explaining something and was quite articulate about it. Again I wondered if she had lost a professional job and was under the impression that she was in a meeting or something like that.

It doesn't seem safe for people to approach her if they have children with them, and she doesn't seem to like to be approached or spoken to in any case. I would leave that to the experts (hopefully they will be on the scene soon), and maybe we can learn how to help once we know more about where help is needed.

Thanks junior lawyer.

Posted on: 2008/9/3 23:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Amy wrote:

Posted on: 2008/9/3 23:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This city, state and country provides the best mental health program and services that other countries envy !

Posted on: 2008/9/3 22:44
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/29 21:28
From Downtown JC
Group:
Banned
One afternoon, not more than 3 weeks past, two women, late 20's, one black, one white, were approaching to sit next to the blonde with bug eye sunglasses on the bench. No joke. She jumps up, onto the seat where they were going to sit (like a monkey), called them lesbians and told them in no way they were sitting there. They made a beeline right for another bench. And yes, at the time, she was pretending to be chatting with someone like she had a phone headset on.

Posted on: 2008/9/3 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/9/3 19:00

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/10 5:50
Group:
Registered Users
On Monday I tried to reach out to the blonde, asking if she needed some help. She was on a bench speaking loudly (as if on a cell phone, but no phone in sight). It does seem as though she might have some mental illness as she called me a robot and accused me of trying to sabotage John McCain's security detail (or maybe she really can just read minds) before throwing a lit cigarette at me and my kids.

But anyway, I spoke then with the police officer assigned to HP as well as Officer Reilly today in the Captain's office to see if they could find out more and perhaps rally up some services. Last month we made the JCMC outreach folks that parkman referred to aware of both of these women, I will follow up to see if they have been able to make contact.

To the person who asked how to help - tonight's HPNA meeting will have a lineup of various charity organizations in the local area who can help individuals like these. The reps will be letting the community know of ways to volunteer/donate to help. With the economy I think this might become more common as the months wear on. Come if you can: 7:45pm, Wed, 9/3, 1 McWilliams Place, 2nd floor auditorium.

Posted on: 2008/9/3 18:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I was walking past the blond woman last week with a neighbor when she started laughing and cackling loudly. At first we thought she was reacting to something from the book she was reading but she then started cursing and rambling on loudly in our direction. Recently I also saw her warmly greeting a homeless guy who had wandered into the park. Before that I had never heard her utter a word in the month or so she has been out there.

Posted on: 2008/9/3 15:45

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/18 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Still see the two around (brunette with messy hair & blond with sunglasses).

I said hi to the blond as she walked by me... no response, no expression. Brunette still talks on the phone, and avoids eye contact. I guess both want to keep to themselves.

What the heck, it's a public park. Just hope they are not attracting unwanted/bad attention.

Posted on: 2008/9/3 15:17

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/11 20:41
Group:
Registered Users
I'm pretty sure these are the two women I've been seeing. A couple of weeks ago I noticed a middle aged woman with blonde hair sitting by herself on the benches in Hamilton park. While walking my dog I noticed she would move from one side of the park to the other every couple of minutes as if she were waiting for someone. This was about 11pm.

The following night she was there again, same clothes, looking like she was waiting for someone, or at least I assumed she was. A couple of nights after that, around the same time, maybe a little later, I saw her enter the park and noticed she was walking quickly towards the gazebo. I didn't pay much attention to where she went but while I was leaving the park I saw her leave yelling and screaming. At that point I couldn't see her but it sounded like she was arguing with someone.

The next time I saw her was last Friday. Again, I was walking my dog and sure enough the blonde woman walked into the park and went right for the gazebo. At this point I was dying to know what her story was. She went up the gazebo stairs and walked around the inside perimeter of the structure, closely scanning all areas of the park. About half a minute later I saw a woman walking towards me with her hood up and aviator sunglasses on....at 12 at night. She walked right past me as if I wasn't there and walked towards the blonde in the gazebo. They met halfway and then strolled out of the park together. The woman who walked into the park looked like she was in her twenties. I haven't seen either since.

Posted on: 2008/8/23 16:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/16 11:48
Group:
Registered Users
I see those women in HP every day. The brunette first caught my attention because she is often on one of the payphones, yelling at someone. Now I see the two ladies together all the time, never speaking to each other but just sort of being in each other's presence. Sometimes the blonde is sitting on the bench while the brunette is on the pay phone. I wonder if the person on the line is a relative or social services. I also saw the blonde sleeping on the grass in HP early one morning. I wasn't sure if she had spent the night there-- often people lie on the grass during the day. But I got scared for her if she was sleeping in the park. It's pretty dark and desolate there late at night. I kind of get the sense that she had a good job and then something happened and she became homeless. She seems fairly well dressed, as if whatever happened was recent.

Once I was walking my dog across West Hamilton and the two women were crossing too. The blonde didn't seem to see me and nearly walked right into me. I apologized (habit) and tried to make eye contact, but she was having none of it and seemed a bit freaked out by my close presence, or maybe it was my dog. I got a mental health issue "vibe," although I'm no expert. I hope someone is helping them.

I wonder if there should be a thread with shelters and other resources-- So people on this board can volunteer if they wish or maybe someone who is homeless (and there are many educated homeless who might be in a library looking online) might see.

Posted on: 2008/8/22 16:06

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/14 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
I also see the HP ladies, but in the afternoons and evenings. The blonde looks much cleaner than the other. I usually see them asleep in the grass or sitting on one of the benches bordering the park, smoking. Sometimes I see the brunette on the payphones at the corners of the park. I assumed that they were homeless and had drug issues.

Posted on: 2008/8/22 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
You also have to take into consideration the people that refuse the help. I dont know if anyone is familiar with the 1&9 "guy" the really old one with the walker... I would see him up and down 1&9 everyday... now he has moved up town... in the Bergen/Greeneville section.... or the blond haired lady on 1&9.... or the pregnant one, who I have stopped seeing... It's hard to see these people day in and out, it's like a routine and you give what you have when you can, but I will say 7 times out of 10... there is a drug problem and or a mental health problem. How about when you walk into Journal Square at 9-10pm... I could count at least 15 homeless sleeping around the fountain.... or the church up on Bergen on the right... JC does have a homeless problem... but hey whats going to happen to all those low-income people when everyone wants those projects tore down?? JC is going to have an even bigger homeless population then ever.

Posted on: 2008/8/22 15:08

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/19 12:51
Group:
Registered Users
Since I see the HP Ladies every morning when I walk my dogs, I said hello to them one morning. I thought maybe they needed to know where they might be able to find some local resources. Even though I was only a few feet, away the brunette would not make eye contact and the blonde put up the hood to her sweater. So I got the message.

I've been wanting to keep an eye out for them because I began to notice a few mornings where there was a man sitting at one of the chess tables. He would just stare at them while drinking his coffee. He wore a red shirt, so he might be working at Moishe's. The whole situation had a bad vibe.

Posted on: 2008/8/22 14:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:
This city really needs to step up and address this situation and take responsibility for these unfortunate individuals. There but for circumstance folks!

I'm sure individuals will step forward before the city does.

THAT SAID

where can we donate food, money, and time???

Posted on: 2008/8/22 4:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nikyrob wrote:
I've been wondering about the VVP lady as well. I see her every single day! She seems relatively normal, but always in kind of a daze (and the fact that she lives in the park).

I think some people in the neighborhood have been helping her out - I've seen her entering an apartment on Barrow (with a key) and also being let inside the church on the corner of Jersey & Bright. I am very interested in her story!

What about the (I believe, latina?) young woman who walks around talking to herself and (usually) pushing a shopping cart? I've seen her camped out on Barrow St. (near where those other homeless guys hang out) and also randomly on Newark Ave. towards Grove.
I called an outreach group based in the JCMC a month ago after I was seeing the same group of homeless day after day in VVP. They differ from last year?s individuals who would come in the park to drink, trash the gardens, and pass out on the benches.

The homeless this year are well dressed, generally keep to themselves, and are non aggressive. So instead of calling the police, who simply move them from one park to another, I tried a new approach.

The woman with her luggage used to be a health caregiver, has fallen on hard times but still refuses help. She has however, started talking to outreach group who have been making great efforts trying to get some of these individuals to accept assistance.

The well dressed young man who wears the same clothes each day and finds comfort in sleeping on the lawn, curses at anyone who tries to talk to him, usually walks away, and heads for the library.

Certainly this is a multifaceted problem with mental health issues, drug use, and a general withdrawal from society. The head of the outreach group said the main problem she has is even if they are able to convince the homeless to get help, there is not enough facilities to provide shelter.

This city really needs to step up and address this situation and take responsibility for these unfortunate individuals. There but for circumstance folks!

-parkman

Posted on: 2008/8/22 2:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
many shelters don't allow residents to stay during the day. they must check out in the morning and then get back in line that evening. our VVP neighbor might be in that situation.

there was a man camped out in front of my place for a couple of nights. during the day he'd still be sitting there, but with a woman and small child by his side (I figured they were staying at Hope House). we exchanged hellos, but not stories.

the young latina woman who talks to herself was also a regular occupant of my corner. she disappeared for awhile. when she resurfaced, she was obviously pregnant. so sad. and creepy, as this is a woman who does not seem capable of engaging in a consensual relationship.

I hope I'm wrong there.

Posted on: 2008/8/22 1:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/22 17:18
Group:
Registered Users
Speak to them. Just say hello.

Posted on: 2008/8/22 1:41

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 13:54
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fasteddie wrote:
It's very easy to get homeless these days. It even happens to normal people.

This is true. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the VVP woman works full-time somewhere and has just been having a bad few months. I'm not sure if she's actually in the park during working hours (I see her during my commute both-ways & at night). I'm so nosy.

Posted on: 2008/8/22 1:35
"His father was a mudder.
-His father was a mudder?
-His mother was a mudder.
-His mother was a mudder?
-What did I just say?"

-Kramer

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/13 23:12
Group:
Registered Users
It's very easy to get homeless these days. It even happens to normal people.

Posted on: 2008/8/22 1:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/19 13:54
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I've been wondering about the VVP lady as well. I see her every single day! She seems relatively normal, but always in kind of a daze (and the fact that she lives in the park).

I think some people in the neighborhood have been helping her out - I've seen her entering an apartment on Barrow (with a key) and also being let inside the church on the corner of Jersey & Bright. I am very interested in her story!

What about the (I believe, latina?) young woman who walks around talking to herself and (usually) pushing a shopping cart? I've seen her camped out on Barrow St. (near where those other homeless guys hang out) and also randomly on Newark Ave. towards Grove.

Posted on: 2008/8/22 1:20
"His father was a mudder.
-His father was a mudder?
-His mother was a mudder.
-His mother was a mudder?
-What did I just say?"

-Kramer

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Funny -- i was just about to post something about the lady in VVP. She's there all the time and looks relatively normal, except that she is there ALL DAY LONG with her suitcase.

I saw the cops talking to her during the PR Parade but not sure why.

Then I saw her getting some free popcorn during the VVP movie night last night.

Any details?

Posted on: 2008/8/22 0:58

the two women in hamilton park
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/24 21:53
Group:
Registered Users
does anyone know anything about the two women who've been hanging out in HP lately? the brunette woman looks pretty rough around the edges, and the blonde woman seems sort of fancy. i nearly always see them together, laying in the grass or sitting/sleeping on a bench in seemingly total silence, often just staring into space.

i'm dying to know their backstory.

Posted on: 2008/8/22 0:56

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017