Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Homeowner tax website?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

caps wrote:
i received a letter from some attorney in montville nj regarding my property and wondering if anyone else has come into contact with these types of letters and if it is just propaganda. the letter basically states they can lower my property tax bill by x amount of dollars due to the fact the assessed value of the property for tax purposes is significantly more than what i paid for the property. The claim to be able to lower my tax payment by having the property assessed at the value i paid for the property last year thus lowering my tax bill. has anyone had any experience with this? it seems like if this is accurate it could be something i could request myself however this is all new to me. any info would be appreicated. thanks

Yes they protest your tax assessment buy going to the Hudson County Administration building to the deeds and mortgages section and look up 3 like houses to yours that have a lower tax rate then yourself. Then bringing attention to the tax dept. to lower your rate. You can do this your self if you have the time.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 18:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/22 20:18
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
i received a letter from some attorney in montville nj regarding my property and wondering if anyone else has come into contact with these types of letters and if it is just propaganda. the letter basically states they can lower my property tax bill by x amount of dollars due to the fact the assessed value of the property for tax purposes is significantly more than what i paid for the property. The claim to be able to lower my tax payment by having the property assessed at the value i paid for the property last year thus lowering my tax bill. has anyone had any experience with this? it seems like if this is accurate it could be something i could request myself however this is all new to me. any info would be appreicated. thanks

Posted on: 2009/1/20 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/1/20 2:00

Homeowner tax website?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Can someone tell me that website where you can look up an address and find out who the property owner is (and other tax information)? Someone posted the link on this site about a year ago but I can't find it anymore.

Posted on: 2009/1/20 1:19

Re: Can one pay JC property taxes online?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/8 23:34
From The Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
Did anyone pay the property taxes online recently? I tried selecting the "Pay my Bill Now" link (as indicated by jerseymom above) few times, but I always get the following error: Server Error in '/WebTaxInquiry' Application. The resource cannot be found. Looks like the link is disabled?

Posted on: 2008/8/3 3:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/14 1:40
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,
Thanks for the information. It sounds like one cannot pay online before the next due due date. I was trying to pay the taxes before the August deadline, but the link did not appear.

Posted on: 2008/7/20 16:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
https://www.cityofjerseycity.com/WebTaxInquiry/AccountSearch.aspx

If you click on your account number (on the left of the screen), your account information will appear. It seems you can only pay online if an amount is showing as due. Next to the amount due will be a link that prompts you to pay online.

I paid my taxes via credit card here - and got a nice membership point bonus on my credit card (for a small convenience fee).

Good luck!

Posted on: 2008/7/19 14:11

Can one pay JC property taxes online?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/14 1:40
Group:
Registered Users
Hi,
I received the JC property tax bill, and it says I can pay the bill online at http://cityofjerseycity.com/. However, when I go there, I cannot find a page that allows me to do this. The best page I could fine is the inquiry page (http://cityofjerseycity.com/taxes.aspx?id=996), which shows past payments and upcoming taxes.

Is there a way to pay online? Thanks.

Posted on: 2008/7/19 12:51

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017