Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Development on 1st & 2nd St.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
There are definitely DT residents who over-use their cars, but I think a lot of DT traffic is from those who live in other parts of the city and/or those from another town altogehter (ie: going to holland tunnel). I could be wrong???Quote:

LynnePatrice wrote:
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
THe point of living downtown is that you don't need a car!!!

It seems like so many on this site are always saying this, so why is it that parking/traffic is such a problem in DT? Obiously this train of thought isn't as popular as some may hope??

Posted on: 2008/7/17 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I agree! I think the biggest problem with development in this city is all the parking lots, parking garages, and curb cuts for cars. Jersey City has some of the best mass transit options in the country, and yet the city allows-- encourages even-- the construction of more parking garages.

We have an entire thread about how difficult it is crossing the street.

There is another thread about cars careening through stop signs and nearly running pedestrians over.

There is another thread on the horrible condition of the pavement on the streets.

So why does anyone want to encourage more cars downtown? The fewer parking spaces in the city, the fewer cars there will be.

Also, for those of you who don't know about what is being converted, I have pictures of
St. Boniface

Posted on: 2008/7/17 13:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/6 19:03
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jc_dweller wrote:
THe point of living downtown is that you don't need a car!!!

It seems like so many on this site are always saying this, so why is it that parking/traffic is such a problem in DT? Obiously this train of thought isn't as popular as some may hope??

Posted on: 2008/7/17 13:37

Development on 1st & 2nd St.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
The other day I was walking home and saw a woman hanging flyers on light poles opposing proposed development on 1st and 2nd Streets. I think it's tacky to do that (simply because most people don't take down the signs after the event has passed) but I didn't say anything. Well, yesterday this same woman and/or group put flyers on everyone's windshield in the area. This is over the line, I think. Everyone just tosses them into the street and it litters are neighborhood. If something is that important to get the word out, I think you should use the mail service or go personally door-to-door.

Nevertheless, even before this flyer-ing started, I was aware of the project and I think it's great! An old church is being preserved and turned into condos! Parking can't be included because the church already exists as-is, and on the other lot where a small (yes SMALL) townhouse is being built, the lot is too narrow for parking. Additionally no other brownstones, row houses, or town houses have garage doors and it would look awful to have one. THe point of living downtown is that you don't need a car!!!

Posted on: 2008/7/17 13:18

« 1 (2)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017