Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
130 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 130

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Keeping Grove St. PATH clean!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JCbiscuit wrote:

one brilliant neighbor left a bag full of junk mail, which had her name and address all over it. I left the bag on her stoop with a note, saying "I believe this is yours."

Love love love that. My pet peeve is people who throw crap out their car windows. When I am feeling particularly brave, I like to pull up next to them to let them know they dropped something.

I understand I am likely to get shot but a girl's gotta do her part to keep her city clean.

Posted on: 2008/7/18 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
thanks for the suggestion, Jaah, but I've put my own can out there, which most people are considerate enough to use for litter. I'm opening myself up to a fine, though, by having a can in sight on non-pickup nights.

if the JCIA is anything like their buddies in the JCPA, I bet that calling them will simply result in a fine for me, and continued trash left by others.

one brilliant neighbor left a bag full of junk mail, which had her name and address all over it. I left the bag on her stoop with a note, saying "I believe this is yours."

Posted on: 2008/7/18 19:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe try contacting the JCIA and alert them to your corner's problem. Maybe they can send an inspector to keep watch for a week and fine the culprits. Not sure if they will do it but maybe you can work with them to find a solution. Just tring to help...

Jaah

Posted on: 2008/7/18 19:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/4/18 19:17
From Way Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
it's not vandals who've cost us our public trash cans. it's people filling them up with bags of household garbage.

we have curbside pickups twice-weekly, yet some entitled JC residents can't bear to hold onto their own trash, and instead inflict it on their neighbors, causing the corner cans to overflow and, subsequently, get taken away by the fed-up city.

I live in a corner building, and at least twice a week I come home to a present left by one of my neighbors, in the form of boxes, old computers and bags of trash that they can't keep in their apartments for the two days until the next pickup.

they don't want it in their way, so I get it in mine, and the whole corner area looks like a ghetto because of it.

thanks, neighbors.

Posted on: 2008/7/18 19:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/27 19:59
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

njxbean wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Litter in this city is getting out of control, and a lot has to do with the lack of trash cans.

I feel like any corner in New York will have a trash can on at least one point of the intersection, if not all four. Meanwhile, Jersey City is lucky to have a trash can every three blocks.

thats no excuse. Its funny i was just in Paris, and its amazing how hard it is to find a trash can on the street. yet the city is extremely clean. Especially the subways!!

This is not Manhattan (N.Y.) and Paris is for tourists. It's Jersey City where it is costly to tax payers to constantly replace the public trash cans because of vandals. Also do you think the other boroughs have a trash can on every corner ? Manhattan is different.

manhattan isnt that different. i lived in brooklyn for 4 years and have seen queens. 90% of the intersections have trash cans and they were a big contribution to the streets remaining clean inboth those boroughs. obviously, this isnt NYC and never will be, but i dont think its that hard to keep the streets a little cleaner.

I dont know what it is about here that vandals are so excited about breaking trash cans, but perhaps the cans themselves need to be bolted down to the street to be savage proof since thats who seems to prevent the city from staying clean.

Posted on: 2008/7/18 17:33

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/19 21:19
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City DOES have trash cans -- the SEWERS.

Posted on: 2008/7/18 17:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
This is not Manhattan (N.Y.) and Paris is for tourists. It's Jersey City where [B] it is costly to tax payers to constantly replace the public trash cans because of vandals. [/b] Also do you think the other boroughs have a trash can on every corner ? Manhattan is different.

I love the logic. We should accept a filthy city because we have a lackadaisical police force. Perfect.

Perhaps if vandalism is a problem, we should improve public safety in addition to cleaning up all the litter.

Posted on: 2008/7/18 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

njxbean wrote:
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:
Litter in this city is getting out of control, and a lot has to do with the lack of trash cans.

I feel like any corner in New York will have a trash can on at least one point of the intersection, if not all four. Meanwhile, Jersey City is lucky to have a trash can every three blocks.

thats no excuse. Its funny i was just in Paris, and its amazing how hard it is to find a trash can on the street. yet the city is extremely clean. Especially the subways!!

This is not Manhattan (N.Y.) and Paris is for tourists. It's Jersey City where it is costly to tax payers to constantly replace the public trash cans because of vandals. Also do you think the other boroughs have a trash can on every corner ? Manhattan is different.

Posted on: 2008/7/18 17:02

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/19 1:12
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:

Posted on: 2008/7/18 16:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/7/18 14:50

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/13 22:23
From Downtown JC
Group:
Registered Users
the Harsimus Cove Association voted unanimously at their July General meeting to ask the city to impose the $100,000 bond on SK Properties as they are not abiding by the ordinance that sets forth the proper maintenance of the Plaza.

We will be writing a letter to the Mayor and presenting it to City Council to ask for the bond.

The funds can then be used to maintain the Plaza, and the funds can be replenished.

Posted on: 2008/7/18 14:46

Keeping Grove St. PATH clean!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/8 3:24
Group:
Registered Users
Many thanks go out to the random guy who left the PATH around 8pm last night (July 15) and picked up other people's trash littering the Grove Street plaza, and put it in the garbage bin!!!

Posted on: 2008/7/16 16:38

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017