Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 121

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: high speed internet services?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/12 18:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
It is true you do not need a landline number but you do need the wires to be connected to your local CO. There may be an installation charge for this from the phone company but it is a one time charge. I have DSL through EZ2 and for 768K download speed I pay $29.95. I have had one outage in service in 2 years and that was due to Verizon trying to switch me over to their service without my permission.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 23:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
But you still need phone service with Verizon in order to have DSL internet service, which requires a landline. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You don't need landline phone service to get DSL. I tried it out a few years ago and it was $34.99/month. I had really poor service so I switched back to Comcast.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 17:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

latteart wrote:
I just moved to Newport. I am wondering what kind of internet services are available in this area. So far I only found Comcast high speed internet for $44 a month since I do not have a land phone. Do I have other choices or I have to accept the Comcast monopoly price?

While Verizon does not require a landline, they do have a "special" price, just for you. If you really want broadband rather than the "slightly faster than dialup" of the cheap low end DSL, you will pay roughly the same as Comcast. Hey, it's not a monopoly, it's a DUOPOLY! They'll compete on anything but price.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 17:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

07310 wrote:
Quote:

latteart wrote:
I just moved to Newport. I am wondering what kind of internet services are available in this area. So far I only found Comcast high speed internet for $44 a month since I do not have a land phone. Do I have other choices or I have to accept the Comcast monopoly price?

Verizon DSL is available in most of the buildings if you have a line, you don't need a land line # to get it, while not as fast it is reliable and less expensive. If you are in the condos they are being wired for Fios now.

But you still need phone service with Verizon in order to have DSL internet service, which requires a landline. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 16:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/5/9 11:15
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

latteart wrote:

Verizon DSL is available in most of the buildings if you have a line, you don't need a land line # to get it, while not as fast it is reliable and less expensive. If you are in the condos they are being wired for Fios now.

Posted on: 2008/7/13 23:33

Anonymous
high speed internet services?

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017