Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
92 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 92

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC Plumbing Permits
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

goodalle wrote:
If you are only replacing the items you mention, you might not need a permit but moving pipes certainly does.

I was recently told that if you break the trap seal to the sewer system, as replacing a toilet or a sink trap does, you automatically need a permit. All this does, of course, is make every homeowner, handyman and even licensed plumber a scofflaw, since this is routinely ignored.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 17:20

Re: JC Plumbing Permits

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/7/15 23:33
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
By custom, contractors get the permit. You are responsible for permits unless your plumber gives you a contract stating clearly that he is responsible. If the work has been started, don't tell anyone. Call 201-547-5055 (building department) between 3 and 4 and speak to an inspector for advice. They are very helpful.

If you are only replacing the items you mention, you might not need a permit but moving pipes certainly does. If you do, you need two inspections: a rough and final. There is a 3 or 4 day wait for each inspection from when you make the appointment.

They are nicer and faster than I thought they would be.

Posted on: 2008/7/13 12:12

JC Plumbing Permits
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
We are doing a bathroom renovation in a condo (new bathtub, toilet, vanity, tiles) and need a JC plumbing permit.

Our plumber is a licensed NJ contractor, but he never pulled permits in our fair town.

Can someone help us with a few basic facts:

1. I am working under assumption that plumbing (and other)permits are issued by the Office of the Construction Code Official, 30 Montgomery St, room 412. Is that correct, and if so does anyone know what time they open on Monday (the JC website gives only hours of the Satellite Office on MLK).

2. I realize that only a licensed plumber can pull a permit - can we speed things up by picking up an application for him, etc, etc? How does he actually apply for a permit? By fax?

3. How quickly are permits for a straightforward bathroom renovations (no construction) issued in JC, and is there a fast track (for extra fee) to speed the process up?

4. After the plumbing work and fixture installation work is done, how quickly can an inspection be scheduled before the work is closed and the tiling can begin? Is an inspection always required on this type of job?

Thanks

Posted on: 2008/7/4 16:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017