Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
118 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 118

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

New York Times photos evoke the past of the breathtaking landmark Loew's Jersey Theater
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Photo brings back the old days

by The Jersey Journal
Wednesday June 11, 2008, 1:19 PM

Today's New York Times features two photos of the historic, landmark Loew's Jersey Theater in Jersey City's Journal Square.

One photo can be viewed online, where the photographer describes the equipment he used to evoke the past in his breathtaking shot of the old movie palace's interior.

Another page includes one comment (so far) reminiscing about happy times spent at the theater and others like it in the area so many years ago.

=====================================

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2008 ... 11_LENS_SLIDESHOW_15.html

The Loew's Jersey Theater in Jersey City was once threatened with demolition but has been brought back to life through renovation.

A Word From the Photographer:

"When I started this project, I decided to use a slow, fine grain, black and white film and combine it with an old fashioned style developer. The goal was to try and recreate a look that has all but disappeared since the arrival of digital cameras. Many of the films that I would have considered are sadly no longer made. I settled on Efke 25, which is made in Croatia and Fuji Neopan. For the developer I chose Rodinal developer, diluted 1:50. Kelton Lab in NYC developed the film and Gotham Imaging did the scans and prints. Most of the pictures have been taken with a Cambo DS 4?5 camera with a Schneider 72 mm lens."

Archival pigment prints of these photographs can be purchased in the New York Times Store.

Posted on: 2008/6/12 7:26

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017