Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 149

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: An Open Letter to You, My City Hall Nemesis
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

creativeconquests wrote:
Quote:

heights wrote:
Are you new to J.C. this is how it's been done since the begging of time here. I've live here my whole life for many years it's the way of the world, Read 5 Finger Discount. If you are not nice to them they will screw up you order and tell you to come back tomorrow. Don't bother to go over their head because they stick by each other. Remember when they went after Flood in the council chambers her fellow member shuffled her out of site.

Yes, I am fairly new here. But I refuse to think that because something has been done a certain way since the beginning of time it should be accepted. I'm not saying I'm the first to witness this and I know I'm not going to be the last. But we are ALL taxpayers and deserve civil servants to conduct themselves appropriately. Good, fair service DOES happen in other communities and JC deserves the same. I know there are watch dogs out there and I look forward to a time when all of our taxes are used in a manner that benefits it's citizens, not the coffers of civil workers.

I am very curious, however, if anyone besides me has taken this to the NJ state level for complaint and investigation.

I'm in aggrement with you, being treated in an uneducated manner as you were is deplorable. I think civil servants should be tested every year to justify their jobs. A friend of mine was trying to get a two commercial containers moved from the sidewalk area of two restaurants on Morris St. the City was no help till professionals moved in next door and knew the right buttons to press. The containers were gone as predicted. But please read 5 Finger Discount you'll get the picture. For years we were stifiled as citizens here and misunderstood if we looked outside of the box. But times are changing rapidly and the majority rules.

Posted on: 2008/6/10 10:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
this picture is an instant classic. you should send it to cnn ireport etc...

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/6/10 6:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
now, will you also be sending this to the mayor's office and/or the papers or is this it?

Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:
Hey City Hall!

Being a somewhat responsible citizen of Jersey City, I dragged my ass out of bed at 7:50 this morning in order to move my car in compliance with street cleaning regulations. When returning to my abode, I witnessed a curious sight. So curious, I went into my apartment and actually grabbed my camera so that I could photograph it......

Posted on: 2008/6/9 22:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Quote:

heights wrote:
Are you new to J.C. this is how it's been done since the begging of time here. I've live here my whole life for many years it's the way of the world, Read 5 Finger Discount. If you are not nice to them they will screw up you order and tell you to come back tomorrow. Don't bother to go over their head because they stick by each other. Remember when they went after Flood in the council chambers her fellow member shuffled her out of site.

Yes, I am fairly new here. But I refuse to think that because something has been done a certain way since the beginning of time it should be accepted. I'm not saying I'm the first to witness this and I know I'm not going to be the last. But we are ALL taxpayers and deserve civil servants to conduct themselves appropriately. Good, fair service DOES happen in other communities and JC deserves the same. I know there are watch dogs out there and I look forward to a time when all of our taxes are used in a manner that benefits it's citizens, not the coffers of civil workers.

I am very curious, however, if anyone besides me has taken this to the NJ state level for complaint and investigation.

Posted on: 2008/6/9 17:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2008/6/9 17:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Here is an open letter to the JC Permit Offices:

Dear K,

To a woman who adores her power behind the counter. While countless hard working taxpayers have to line up in an unmonitored mass in front of your counter before staff determines whether or not to put a waiting list sign in sheet up. Who don?t follow the list when they do. As countless taxpayers ask one another in the waiting room how the system works to see someone and are often educated by the cynical tired contractor who has been sitting there for his 2nd hour of waiting, or 3rd hour, yes, it?s possible, I?ve done it?.while you, dear ?K? get satisfaction providing information that is inconsistent, off the cuff and riddled with adjectives that I am most certain are not in the civil servant training manual. Are you all getting grumpy behind the counter now that you can?t pay off your summer homes with the money so many of these people now waiting used to give to your offices for permits to be approved? Or have the ?windshield inspection? I?ve heard of where inspectors just drive by the address, look through their government sponsored vehicle car?s windshield and determine it is ?permit approved? and go off to pay for the hot tub in their backyard?

To you, Ms. K, who needs to answer an under 2 minute question but would rather passive aggressively have the person wait two hours, yes, TWO HOURS, while you walk past doing nothing but ?chit-chat? while we see you traipse around the office consecutively telling your underlings you?ll be with me ?in a minute?. Yes, you were with one person in that window, who profusely apologized to me as he knew you were just wasting time....Well, let?s count ? that was 120 minutes of my time wasted. Not your time, because you see, you were getting paid by the hour to waste my time. I was losing money waiting for YOU. For you only to tell me you are the wrong person to talk to when you were umm, the RIGHT person two hours ago by your words.

You wonder why we are all at our wits end when we get to ask you our ONE question which you barely answer? Because you HOLD US HOSTAGE. There is no other option offered to us but to work through this unbelievably dysfunctional, inconsistent, disrespectful system.

Can this really and truly be 2008 and the U.S.A.? How can this be happening ? is there no governing body seeing what a horrible system the permit offices have and how they treat their taxpayers? You can literally see the staff choking on their words as they contradict themselves over and over again. I've seen them lose plans, contradict themselves, go for lunch and close down the offices although they messed up their sign in sheet and one woman was waiting to talk to them for 2.5 hours....and that's happened to me. While we line up not because you are busy, BUT BECAUSE YOU ARE EXTREMELY INEFFICIENT. With the time I've waited in their offices to talk to them I figured out about four things they could EASILY do differently to have the system work better - WHY CAN'T THEY?

This department is a joke. An embarrassment. These people are civil servants with absolutely NO recourse. Where is the manual on how to treat people, on how to do their jobs efficiently. How come they have yet to invent a sign in sheet system for more than one counter we are visiting? HOW CAN A CITY GET AWAY WITH THIS TYPE OF TREATMENT AND SERVICES? WHY ISN'T SOMEONE LOOKING IN TO THIS DEPARTMENT WITH GREATER SCRUTINY? It makes me sick.

Posted on: 2008/6/9 16:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/6/9 15:32
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe we should get a few of these

http://tirelock.com/

and then form our own Citizen's Parking Authority to take care of these scofflaws.

Posted on: 2008/6/9 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
In November 1996, Obed Colon, JC Parking Authority Inspector and son of former Councilman Rev. Fernando Colon (see JCIA, POLICE), was arrested for drug dealing and fired. His previous conviction was in 1994 for two counts of burglary and he served some time. Upon his release from jail, the Parking Authority hired him. State law forbids anyone convicted of a felony to hold any type of law enforcement position, which an Inspector is. Less than 15 months later, Obed Colon was rehired to the JCPA as a maintenance worker (JJ, 2/21/98, "A "lot" of mystery at JCPA" by Earl Morgan). Councilman Rev Colon is a stalwart Schundler supporter and ran on former Council President's Tom DeGise's unsuccessful mayoral ticket! Good riddance to both of them...!

I witnessed his original burglary of a car parked by St. Francis Hospital and helped the cops put him away. After he was fired by the JCPA he returned to the Hamilton Park area and I saw him and a partner break into a car parked near Walter's Liquor Store. Once again I pursued and I.D.ed him and the cops put him away again. Wonder where he is now?

You're ok in my book. Colon had more of a following back then I believe he became a councilman. Today he would be seen has transparent keep being vigilant. I liked Bret when he was just coming on the scene voted for him as well. A lot of older JC. people believed in Bret he got a lot of his votes from the fed up J.C. residents of yesteryear.

Posted on: 2008/6/8 1:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
In November 1996, Obed Colon, JC Parking Authority Inspector and son of former Councilman Rev. Fernando Colon (see JCIA, POLICE), was arrested for drug dealing and fired. His previous conviction was in 1994 for two counts of burglary and he served some time. Upon his release from jail, the Parking Authority hired him. State law forbids anyone convicted of a felony to hold any type of law enforcement position, which an Inspector is. Less than 15 months later, Obed Colon was rehired to the JCPA as a maintenance worker (JJ, 2/21/98, "A "lot" of mystery at JCPA" by Earl Morgan). Councilman Rev Colon is a stalwart Schundler supporter and ran on former Council President's Tom DeGise's unsuccessful mayoral ticket! Good riddance to both of them...!

I witnessed his original burglary of a car parked by St. Francis Hospital and helped the cops put him away. After he was fired by the JCPA he returned to the Hamilton Park area and I saw him and a partner break into a car parked near Walter's Liquor Store. Once again I pursued and I.D.ed him and the cops put him away again. Wonder where he is now?

Posted on: 2008/6/7 16:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
If JC employees don't get ticketed for parking on the SIDEWALK, what makes you think they will get ticketed for parking on the street?

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/6/7 15:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Love it !

You'll love this even more get the tissue...

There is a guy that drives around this area, I used to work with him YRS ago but not for the parking authority.

Well, I was his supervisor, and he did something he wasn't supposed to do so I fired him.

Anyway, MY boss, told me to give him another chance, and I did.

Okay, he got a job with the parking authority..and...he drives around giving tickets to people (believe me he's a real ding dong!!)

I was parked on the corner with my blinkers on to pick up my daughter, from the sitters.

He came saw me come out of the car didn't have the balls to put the ticket on my car, and mailed it to me.

Oh, BTW, he drives in this area and is a regular...

Posted on: 2008/6/7 15:36

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/6 6:33
Group:
Registered Users
this is a citizens arrest... (Tom Hanks, The Burd's? Btw. perfect quote placement)

I have joke Karma police tickets. If it wasn't 3 am, i'd totally hit that car up with em.

The photo's are priceless!

At least WE ALL know that our sweet JC is corrupt beyond believe. Tho, nothing surprises me in this city. Im amazed OJ isn't out mayor. It would be more fitting.

Posted on: 2008/6/7 7:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Tickets, Property Taxes I said it once and I'll say it again it's the PT syndrome, Parking , and Political Turmoil.

Posted on: 2008/6/7 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:

I actually stopped the Oh so lovely JCPA driver of this Jitney, perhaps you know her, "officer tons o' fun" and asked her why. Her response "you'll have to call city hall." Then she sped off. I would like to think she sped off due to embarrassment, but I know that the munucupal authorities are short on everything, from money to integrity, to shame, so she was probably jetting off to collect her bag money.

so is she indirectly saying she was instructed to ignore illegally parked city vehicles?

Posted on: 2008/6/6 18:53
utterly deplorable

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/30 21:20
Group:
Registered Users
ZOMG! Impossible to make this stuff up! I love it! Best. Post. Ever!!!!

Posted on: 2008/6/6 18:34

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/10/12 22:40
From The Heights!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:

I think this calls for citizen's arrest.

Lay in wait and nab the mofo, Justi...

To late. He's gone.

Looks like someone else chose to let him know that his scofflaw actions were not unobserved.

Resized Image

God Bless the anonymous citizen who did this, whoever he or she is!

could we get this guy post these notes on illegally double parked (eh hem, police cars) on 7th street too?

Posted on: 2008/6/6 18:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/19 18:03
From Grove St.
Group:
Registered Users
The only problem with the note, is that it was placed on the passenger's side. The JCPA will never see it.

Posted on: 2008/6/6 15:35

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/7/3 14:40
From The Eminent Domain
Group:
Banned
I, for one, welcome our new Tax Assessor overlords.

Posted on: 2008/6/6 14:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/6/11 12:35
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

injcsince81 wrote:

To late. He's gone.

Looks like someone else chose to let him know that his scofflaw actions were not unobserved.

Resized Image

God Bless the anonymous citizen who did this, whoever he or she is!

Posted on: 2008/6/6 14:27
"Contemplate this upon the Tree of Woe."

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I don't see any reason that the city should "ticket itself." I think he city should ticket the employee who parks below the no parking sign. Hopefully the city keeps some record of who has what car, when. In which case, a ticket can be matched with whomever is responsible for the car, and the employee held liable for the summons.

Posted on: 2008/6/6 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/2/7 17:42
From Ward E - Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:
...at the very least, they will have to suffer the same inconvenience that I have. I think that's fair.

The point is, city vehicles should be moved for street cleaning, and city employees should obey parking regulations.

Posted on: 2008/6/6 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Justiceiro wrote:
City Hall ticketing itself would be one of the least ridiculous things to happen over there.

On the other hand, the city could actually obey its own laws. That would be nice.

The application of a boot might make the city employee who parked here actually have to fork over some of his own money to get his car back. At the very least, they will have to suffer the same inconvenience that I have. I think that's fair.

Posted on: 2008/6/6 14:15

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
City Hall ticketing itself would be one of the least ridiculous things to happen over there.

On the other hand, the city could actually obey its own laws. That would be nice.

The application of a boot might make the city employee who parked here actually have to fork over some of his own money to get his car back. At the very least, they will have to suffer the same inconvenience that I have. I think that's fair.

Posted on: 2008/6/6 14:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
While I agree wholeheratedly that City agencies should obey the law, would there be any purpose in Jersey City ticketing itself?

When it pays the fine will it just write a cheque to itself?

Robin.

Posted on: 2008/6/6 13:57

An Open Letter to You, My City Hall Nemesis
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Hey City Hall!

Being a somewhat responsible citizen of Jersey City, I dragged my ass out of bed at 7:50 this morning in order to move my car in compliance with street cleaning regulations. When returning to my abode, I witnessed a curious sight. So curious, I went into my apartment and actually grabbed my camera so that I could photograph it.

Resized Image

Now, City Hall, I know you are asking yourself what could possibly be so interesting about this photo. You're a husky boy city hall, grown fat off the rich buffet table provided (willingly or not) by us who live here, but you ain't too smart. Let me point out the three salient elements in this photo:

Resized Image

#1: is an illegally parked vehicle that bears the name "Tax Assesor" this car has been there since 5 PM yesterday. Curiously, there is no boot on this car. Odd, isn't it?

#2: A big sign (partially obscured it is true, but that never stopped me from getting a ticket) saying "No Parking Any Time." Why, that city vehicle is not only in violation of the street cleaning regulations, it is parked where it isn't allowed to be parked. Ever!

and here's the kicker,

#3- a Jersey City Parking Authority Jitney, which I personally watched hand out three tickets to other cars that were parked only 1/2 as illegally as this car, driving by without ticketing the vehicle. I actually stopped the Oh so lovely JCPA driver of this Jitney, perhaps you know her, "officer tons o' fun" and asked her why. Her response "you'll have to call city hall." Then she sped off. I would like to think she sped off due to embarrassment, but I know that the munucupal authorities are short on everything, from money to integrity, to shame, so she was probably jetting off to collect her bag money.

I love the fact that this car is the Tax Assessor. The two agencies that f%#k me out of my money, and steal most of it before it gets to the actual City Hall coffers, the Tax Assessor and the JCPA. It truly goes to show that, not only does the city screw us all the time, but now (having lost all shame) they are getting ideas about trying a threesome, with you an me as the meat in this corruption sandwich.

I guess the fact that the JCPA won't ticket the Tax assessor proves, at least, that there is honor among theives.

Who will deliver us from these troublesome city employees?

That car is parked at 250 Grove Street right now. It is early in the morning and I haven't seen any cops about for hours. (surprise). I'm not suggesting anything, I'm just saying.

It is exceedingly clear that we live in a polity that does not abide by the normal workings of a republic, but rather that of an aristocracy. There is one law for the masters, and another for the servants

In all seriousness city hall, I understand that life is difficult. You guys have a lot of demands on your time, what with everybody in municipal government having three whole jobs at the same time and all. It's hard for us to understand, especially in this day and age when a lot of people can't even find one job. You're busy.

Your wife yells at you, and you just have to get that pool finished at your McMansion down the shore. Summer's already almost here, and your strung out coke whore of a daughter will whine until you get it done, and buy her that Lusi Vitton bag.

So I know you have to steal. But please, everything in moderation.

Can we negotiate this? How about you take only 65% of my tax money, instead of 85%, and use the difference to fill the potholes in my street, or the ancient sewer system that wans't hi-tech back when Royal Governer Franklin built it?

Or how about you just abscond with tax rebates from abatements, but don't charge me $110 and boot my car every time I park down the block in a specially designed "venus fly trap" parking zone?

Seriously City Hall, it's easy for us to get along. You can laugh about me behind my back. You can take some $20s from my wallet when I am not looking. I could live with that.

But please stop crapping directly into my mouth, every day. Because that, I can't live with.

Posted on: 2008/6/6 12:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017