Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 109

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Towing cars blocking your driveway
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
You could always leave the offender a nice little note... scratched into the side of their car.

Posted on: 2008/5/5 13:02

Re: Towing cars blocking your driveway
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Never call 911 for a non emergency, in this case you call Parking Authority (JCPA) 201-653-6969 (ext 100), if it's during non working hours Mon- Sat. call Jersey City Police Department (JCPD) non emergency number 201-547-5477.

Yesterday I had to call the 5477# for the same reason, a car was blocking my driveway for over 2 hours. The PD showed up within 10 minutes, (I guess it was a quiet and a patrol car was in my area.) The car was ticketed by JCPD.

I live in a house across from two apartment buildings, I know many of my neighbors and I don't mind if someone parks in front of my driveway for a very quick stop; or if they leave a note with a phone number and most of the time if I need to get out, a quick horn blow and the person usually appears.

It's when they use the front of my driveway as a private parking spot, and have no regard that I have no pity party for them and call JCPA or in yesterdays case the JCPD.

You can not call a tow company and have a car towed from a public street, but you can call the JCPA or JCPD (during non working hours for the JCPA) and have the car ticketed and even impounded depending on the situation.

Posted on: 2008/5/5 3:22

Towing cars blocking your driveway

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/20 20:52
From Greenville, Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
To tow, or not to tow?

We've called the cops before, who won't show up until 2-3 hours later, usually after said vehicle has left. We understand such calls aren't exactly an emergency but we're such at an infuriated state of mind at the time that calling 911 every five minutes isn't unreasonable. Nevertheless, the most they've done was issue a ticket. How can anyone NOT KNOW that they're blocking a driveway?

The next time it happens, we will probably call a tow truck. Has anyone else done this before? Notes have become pretty useless at this point.

Posted on: 2008/5/5 2:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017