Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
96 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 96

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City earns 'F' in sex poll
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/10 16:29
Group:
Registered Users
I'm curious about one thing: Why is it such a bad thing that we're 93rd in the top 100 cities in America? Isn't the fact that we're in the top 100 a good thing in the first place?

Posted on: 2008/4/30 14:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
ya know what, who cares.

i'm sure the folks of Jersey City are tappin' way more A$$ then the stiffs out in the 'burbs!

Posted on: 2008/4/30 8:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 23:17
Group:
Registered Users
Men's Health magazine? Please!!! What trash. Everything's just fine here in Hamilton Park with me and my partner!

Posted on: 2008/4/29 23:12

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/20 13:44
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

greenville wrote:
This city is just either too boring, too dangerous, or just too hard to live in. Most of the people in this city have too much stress in their heads to focus on the pleasures of life.

Too boring? All the more reason to have sex.

Too dangerous outside? All the more reason to stay inside & have sex.

Too hard to live in? Man you left yourself really open for some pervert jokes with that line. But I'll let you slide.

Posted on: 2008/4/29 2:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/4/28 18:38
From jersey city..duh!
Group:
Registered Users
O.K> well everyone you know what you have to do...Make with the F*CKING!

Posted on: 2008/4/28 18:40
I feel sorry for people who do not drink. When they wake up in the morning it is as good as they are going to feel all day.
Frank Sinatra (1915 - 1998), Quoted in The Sydney Morning Herald

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/5/2 11:33
Group:
Registered Users
Indianapolis? Columbus?

What else is there to do but go to bed early?

Betcha none of those top rated cities has naked woman standing in a window - and if they did, they'd arrest her.

Posted on: 2008/4/28 10:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/7 20:21
Group:
Registered Users
This city is just either too boring, too dangerous, or just too hard to live in. Most of the people in this city have too much stress in their heads to focus on the pleasures of life.

Posted on: 2008/4/28 4:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/20 2:38
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
rather than being a top, it finishes as a bottom

Methinks Monsieur Kessaular may have some experience with being a top and/or a bottom.

Posted on: 2008/4/28 3:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/5 15:16
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I could have told you that.

Posted on: 2008/4/28 1:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
Huh...

And I thought it was just me.

Posted on: 2008/4/28 1:44

Jersey City earns 'F' in sex poll
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
04/27/2008
Jersey City earns 'F' in sex poll

Magazine rates city No. 93 of top 100 sexual cities

Ricardo Kaulessar -Reporter staff writer

MOST LIKELY THEY?RE NOT FROM JC ? The couple seen in the photo would be intimate and aroused in any place but Jersey City, according to a new poll in the May issue of Men?s Health Magazine. The poll, which listed the 100 most sexually active cities in the U.S., ranked Jersey City 93rd.
Jersey City is a sexual hotbed of activity - not.

That's the conclusion of the magazine Men's Health, which published another of its infinitely stimulating polls in its May issue. This time, their poll searched for the "Cities with the Best Sex," a survey of the 100 most sexually active and sexually satisfying cities in the U.S.

As in previous Men's Health polls and others, Jersey City warranted a mention. Only this time, rather than being a top, it finishes as a bottom in terms of sexually stimulating cities by ranking number 93, ahead of only seven other U.S. cities including nearby Newark.

In addition, Jersey City earned an 'F' grade, which stands for a four-letter word - FAIL.

The top-ranked city in the poll was Indianapolis, Ind. followed by Columbus, Ohio.
Condom sales included

The rankings were attained by taking several factors into account, including condom sales, birth rates, and purchases of erotic merchandise from two online retailers, Babeland and Pure Romance.

But why such a low rating when in the past three years, Jersey City has been named in various polls as one of the best places for dating, one of the 10 best places for walking, the second safest city for driving, and even one of the "happiest" cities?

And for those who believe size matters, the city has seen the erecting of the four tallest buildings in the state, including the tallest of them all, the Goldman Sachs Building on Hudson Street.

The city also has a bustling waterfront, a distinct arts scene, and lots of new developments. Jersey City is also known as official address of Liberty State Park and the Liberty Science Center.

One would think that all those factors would make New Jersey's second largest city a turn-on.

What an expert thinks:

Nicole Matthias, a resident of the Greenville section of Jersey City, is also the founder and owner of Badfun.com, an online adult novelty boutique based in Roselle Park. Her site is akin to Babeland and Pure Romance.

Matthias checked out the poll in the magazine and took issue with its methodology.

"You look at the cities at the top of the list, and you find that those are places where people get married younger and are looking for ways to prolong the marriage by purchasing sex toys," Matthias said.

She noted that in Jersey City, "There are young couples, but they have busy professional and social lives, and sometimes romance gets put on the backburner."

Matthias also said that using erotic merchandise sales from two companies, and condom sales in general, does not lend credence to the poll.

She said she would take the survey more seriously if they actually interviewed people in the respective cities.

"They mentioned condom sales as criteria in this poll on sexual satisfaction, and I think that has more to do with quantity than it does quality," Matthias said.

Matthias also expected major cities like New York City (No. 71) and Los Angeles (No. 58) to have a better showing, and believes Jersey City deserved a "better ranking."

'They didn't give a 69'

Lifelong resident Catherine Grimm was appalled at the ranking.

"The mayor and the council are always touting this city as number one in this and number one in that," Grimm said sarcastically. "I think they should be made aware that Jersey City is only number 93, and they have to work to get that ranking up."

City Council President Mariano Vega expressed surprise at the ranking.

"I am always glad to hear Jersey City mentioned in a national poll, but I don't believe that low ranking," Vega said. "I think it is a very 'sexy' city."

One resident who did not want to be named remarked, "I'm surprised they didn't give a 69."

Well, actually, Memphis, Tenn. has that honor.

Hot and bothered, or cold shower

Maybe the reason people aren't making whoopee in Jersey City as much as in Salt Lake City (No. 5) has something to do with many of the residents having to make ends meet.

After all, Jersey City is a place where, according to the 2006 U.S. Census American Community Survey, the average price of a home is $359,100, and the median income of a family is $41,639.

It's also a city where 18.4 percent of families and 20 percent of the overall population were living below the poverty line. The poverty line in the U.S. in 2006 for a single person under 65 was $10,488, and for a family group of four, including two children, it was $20,444.

Thus, it might be a little hard for the average Romeo and Juliet in JC to purchase the "Sex Sling" for $36 from Pure Romance or the "Orbit Ring Vibe" priced at $52 at Babeland.

Maybe just the fact that the city rated a mention in Men's Health is more proof of Jersey City's emergence as a "world-class city," as Mayor Jerramiah Healy likes to say.

Or maybe it should be appreciated as another frivolous title to be touted by civic boosters while glossing over other urban realities.

Comments on this article can be sent to editorial@hudsonreporter.com.

LINK

Posted on: 2008/4/28 1:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017