Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
71 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 71

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Music Box 7th and Monmouth
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/8 18:57
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
If we all get together and continue to go there, we can take it over in no time. I live right by there too. Aside from the abundance of broken glass along the side walk (my dog's paws aren't made of stone), there is always noise and shady people floating around there. I went in once... it was very interesting.

But seriously, if we all rally to go there and take it over, their regular clientelle will give up eventually. It's actually a really nice big space inside. (About now you probably all think I'm nuts).

Posted on: 2008/3/3 14:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

cookiecutter wrote:
The Music Box is normally quiet until Friday/Saturday night then without fail there are drunk people outside of my house fighting - yelling in their cars, revving their engines, fighting in cars while the car alarm goes off, honking...

Drunk people are self-absorbed and generally feel entitled to make a lot of noise but the owners of the Music Box need to take some responsibility to make sure that fights are contained.

Last night there was a fight between a man and woman - he chased her around 7th street calling her a dirty ho - maybe he hit her eventually - it was hard to tell.

I'm new to JCList, so I'm not sure what I want in the way of a response - I might just need to share my frustration. Should I talk to the police? Should I talk to the Music Box (they could just hire a weekend bouncer or something)?

Thanks.

That bar still has Christmas lights up. Didn't Christmas end more than 2 months ago ? Things like that just irritate me. Although I'm the easily irritated type.*

*Cue the sarcastic replies

Posted on: 2008/3/3 6:49

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/29 19:49
Group:
Registered Users
This kind of problem seems to be typical near many of the bars in JC whether it be the Heights or Downtown. I think if you are in Fulop's ward there's help there. In the Heights our Councilman is useless. I used to dream of making a case against renewal of the liquor license to ABC for a bar near us but I soon realized it was a waste of energy (unless someone knows better I will give up on that idea for now.) Our bar was penalized for drug dealing inside by being shut for something like eight nights but the owner got to chose the nights so he stayed shut a Mondays and Tuesdays for a month. This was two years after the drug dealing arrest. There is still drug dealing going on and always has been. Police response is spotty to both Quality of Life incidents and more serious emergency situations regarding the bar. We just call the police whenever there is a problem and hope for the best.

I wish there was a better way. I wish a group could get together and put pressure on ABC to keep these places in check. Yes, they are businesses but there are laws they are aware of and agree to follow or be penalized. The last part is what's rarely happening. Does anyone have any idea to get some help dealing with this issue? Thanks.

Posted on: 2008/3/3 0:09

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/2 20:22
Group:
Registered Users
I so know what you mean about the noise! Are you new to the area or something? This has been a big problem for a long time. Don't bother to call the cops they are friends with the owner.

I so know what you mean about self-absorbed, entitled people who can't take responsibility. Jersey City is so so full of them. I think maybe we can start a neighborhood support group.

Sometimes talking to drunks is the best way to get rid of them. They just need understanding. If they weren't lacking in some really fundamental way they wouldn't be drinking in the first place.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 20:46

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 20:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Liquid stupid: Making meatheads beet the crap out of each other for the past 5,000 years!

Posted on: 2008/3/2 18:03
We are what we pretend to be. So we must be careful what we pretend to be - Vonnegut

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Quote:

cookiecutter wrote:
The Music Box is normally quiet until Friday/Saturday night then without fail there are drunk people outside of my house fighting - yelling in their cars, revving their engines, fighting in cars while the car alarm goes off, honking...

Thanks.

Actually, its a lot better than it was a few years ago. The loud last call mayhem consistently lasted an hour or more, and our planters sprouted numerous Corona and Heineken bottles overnight like mushrooms. They have always been a poor neighbor, except for when we moved in, the place had burned and we had no idea what we were in for when it reopened. It may have changed hands, but it's owner was a corrections officer who was chummy with the cops and never got hassled by them no matter what happened.

While I think a good local pub, especially with a pool table, is an asset to a neighborhood, this bar is the poster child of why people don't want liquor licenses issued in their neighborhood. It seems that no amount of disturbance and mischief by it's mostly nonlocal clientele is enough for a license to not be renewed.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/18 18:17
Group:
Banned
i think you should record these zany antics (with good audio) and then set up a projector and a really kickin' sound system and project/blast it back onto the music box building.

i call it a rejerksive loop.

Quote:

missa wrote:
you should call the police.

Posted on: 2008/3/2 1:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/29 10:29
Group:
Banned
you should call the police.

Posted on: 2008/3/1 17:26

Music Box 7th and Monmouth

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/21 22:15
Group:
Registered Users

Drunk people are self-absorbed and generally feel entitled to make a lot of noise but the owners of the Music Box need to take some responsibility to make sure that fights are contained.

Last night there was a fight between a man and woman - he chased her around 7th street calling her a dirty ho - maybe he hit her eventually - it was hard to tell.

I'm new to JCList, so I'm not sure what I want in the way of a response - I might just need to share my frustration. Should I talk to the police? Should I talk to the Music Box (they could just hire a weekend bouncer or something)?

Thanks.

Posted on: 2008/3/1 17:25

« 1 2 3 (4)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017