Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
141 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 141

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Get rid of junk mail - maybe our postal service will improve
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
My sister works for the post office. I know it pays her salary.
Today, I received a Christmas card that was poststamped on December 26, 2007.

I sense some family tension there.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 4:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
My sister works for the post office. I know it pays her salary. In my building, the junk mail that my neighbors get goes straight from the mailbox into the garbage can two feet away. They don't get read and they don't get recycled. They just end up in the landfill.

-----------------------------

Today, I received a Christmas card that was poststamped on December 26, 2007. It was from one of the security guards in my building. She mailed it in Jersey City. She could have saved herself a stamp if she just slip it under my door, and I could have received it on the same day instead of two months later.

Posted on: 2008/2/28 4:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Annod wrote:
Get rid of junk mail, maybe our postal service will improve. If the post office has less junk mail to deliver, hopefully we will get the mail that we are supposed to get.

These are great services, but seriously, how do you think the USPS makes their money? Through regular consumers? Nope. They make their money through the companies that send junk mail. I should know, because I used to do junk mail for a living

Posted on: 2008/2/24 20:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/8 22:02
Group:
Registered Users
I joined Green Dimes. (www.greendimes.com). I was just sick of shredding piles of mail, and sick of id theft. For $20 they'll do all of the mass mailing opt-outs for you, and write to eliminate specific catalogs. And they plant trees for each member who joins! Check it out. I joined about 6 months ago, and I've seen a major decrease - almost completely - of junk mail. I have a bad habit of giving out my address - signing up for sweepstakes, etc. But if I start to get junk mail again, I let Green Dimes know, and they take care of it. I think it was worth it for me. It saves me time, it's good for the environment, and as a collateral consequence, yes, I guess it stops our post offices from being overworked so they concentrate on getting the real mail to our homes. (Although I still see mail for other addresses being delivered to our house all the time. That's something Green Dimes probably can't stop.) GreenDimes p.s. As much as I tried to keep this post sounding like an infomercial, I know it does. I'm just enthusiastic. If you're interested in trying it out, PM me your name and I can send you some email where I get a referral bonus. But I'm not in it for the referral, I just really think it's a great service.

Posted on: 2008/2/23 23:56
Thank you for making The Great Jersey City SOUP SWAP an annual success! See you in January 2013 for the next Soup Swap!

Get rid of junk mail - maybe our postal service will improve
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Get rid of junk mail, maybe our postal service will improve. If the post office has less junk mail to deliver, hopefully we will get the mail that we are supposed to get.

OptOutPrescreen.com is a centralized service to accept and process requests from consumers to "Opt-In" or ?Opt-Out? of firm offers of credit or insurance. OptOutPrescreen.com is a joint venture among Equifax Information Services, LLC, Experian Information Solutions, Inc., Innovis Data Solutions, Inc., and TransUnion, LLC (collectively the "Consumer Credit Reporting Companies").
https://www.optoutprescreen.com

Direct Marketing Association:
DMA's Mail Preference Service (MPS) is the Official Mail Preference Service for the Catalog and Direct Marketing community supported by the United States Postal Service
https://www.dmachoice.org/MPS/mps_consumer_description.php

Catalog Choice is a sponsored project of the Ecology Center. It is endorsed by the National Wildlife Federation and the Natural Resources Defense Council, and funded by the Overbrook Foundation, the Merck Family Fund, and the Kendeda Fund.
http://www.catalogchoice.org

Posted on: 2008/2/23 23:39

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017