Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Boyajian Law Offices and our Taxes??
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
The IRS is notorious for giving different answers to questions every time they are asked.

I know someone who lacked multiple W-2s, and the IRS gave them no trouble, since they had the data in a database of course. Since the data is tied to your SSN, the name of the company or their EIN is irrelevant.

I don't know what happens when the employer lies about witholding taxes and actually pockets the money. This could be pretty costly.

Posted on: 2008/2/25 23:44

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/24 18:10
Group:
Registered Users
My daughter believes in the general goodness of all people. She never ONCE suspected it was fake. They had the office set up, clients coming and going. Her dept was collections. She wasnt very aggressive which is why we thought she was "laid off".

I called the IRS and they basically said that she needs to have at least ONE pay stub, so that they could get the employer/federal ID number. They will try to track them down. In the meantime, she can ask for an extension. They also suggested we hit up the unemployment people and see if they would be willing to give us a print out of the information they captured to be able to pay her benefits. So that they could sorta recreate a w-2 for her.

What a pickle!!

Posted on: 2008/2/25 21:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Does this have anything to do with Jersey City? Was this company ever located here?

Your daughter worked for these scam artists and didn't notice that they were criminals? On the web this company is described as a fake collection agency that stole money from poor people by being really aggressive and then just failed to pay the real creditors. I must say it sounds like a hell of a job -- it sounds something like that film Repo Man!

Posted on: 2008/2/25 21:21

Boyajian Law Offices and our Taxes??
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/24 18:10
Group:
Registered Users
My daughter worked for this group for about 6 months last year. She was laid off for 3 weeks while they relocated to Secaucus. She was never called back, so we figured that it was just their way of getting rid of her.

Fast forward to this year, we were waiting for a w-2 and it never came! We began to investigate and found out that these people are not truly lawyers. That they are scam artists and closed down because the AG is investigating them.

So what do we do now? She paid her taxes and so forth but never kept her pay stubs. How do we file if we dont have a w-4.

Please help. Thanks in advance!

Posted on: 2008/2/25 21:12

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017