Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
123 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 123

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13)

Re: Please clean up your dog poop...
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/20 14:33
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

+ 3.

It would be impossible to back track all over your dog's free running path to see where your dog may have pooped. I must be in the "10%" of HP residents also...

I often wonder what happens when the leashless dogs go out to the park for their nightly stroll. What does the 10% think of the likelihood that said pooch's poop will be found and picked up? I sometimes have to look really closely to find my leashed dog's poop. Even the responsible leashless dog owners might find this a difficult task.

Posted on: 2008/2/6 19:58

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/5/20 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
I watched my sister's dog for a week about 2 years back, and I couldn't believe my eyes when I got to Hamilton Park for a walk one Saturday morning. I had my pooch leashed, but it was mayhem of unleashed doggies running around. Everytime one of the puppers ran up to my sister's dog (he's a bit of a chicken & is scared of other doggies:o), I had to say, "Could you, please, leash your dog." or, "Your dog really needs to be on a leash, please." Of course, I was met with a sea of nasty responses... How dare I suggest such a thing!!! Seriously, I love the pups. But, put them on a leash already, and clean up the poop.. And, I hope things have improved over the past couple of years....

Posted on: 2008/2/6 19:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/13 20:32
Group:
Registered Users
And even when people do clean up the crap they still leave smears of it all over the sidewalk. So even though there is no actual pile there it is still gross and I have to play hopskotch to avoid it.

Posted on: 2008/2/6 19:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/17 12:06
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
We are discussing much of this right now on

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/DOGJC/

A petition will soon be circulating through JC for signatures

mary ann

Posted on: 2008/2/6 19:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/8/9 20:03
Group:
Registered Users
I too live up the street from the park, and spend lots of time there with my kids. It is true that some dog owners do sit around gabbing, oblivious to what their unleashed dogs are doing. I love the people who allow their dogs to pee or poo in the garden area on the flowers that somebody volunteered to plant for all of us to enjoy.

Posted on: 2008/2/6 19:21

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/15 17:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
SamS: I have also witnessed what Stani mentions in his/her post. She's not exaggerating in the slightest.

+ 3.

It would be impossible to back track all over your dog's free running path to see where your dog may have pooped. I must be in the "10%" of HP residents also...

Posted on: 2008/2/6 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 20:09
Group:
Banned
I have also witnessed what Stani mentions in his/her post. She's not exaggerating in the slightest. But recently I was thinking I haven't seen the police around to enforce the dog leash law the way they were last fall soon after the alleged daschund incident. Of course I am not at all surprised this tappered off as time went on.

Quote:

stani wrote:
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

The truth is you just left a steaming load of crap on this thread. You are just one of many weirdos who seem to harbor some kind of pathological jealousy about the neighbors who gather and socialize in Hamilton Park. Plain and simple we do clean up after our dogs so stop spreading lies to move forward your bizarro agenda. I can guarantee that 90% of the people who complain on this kind of thread go nowhere near Hamilton Park.

Wrong. I live close to Hamilton Park, walk my dog on a leash through the park and have witnessed what I describe many times. On several occasions, I've had to go up to the offending dog owners and shown them where they're dog's poop is. I'm sure there are dog owners in those groups who pick up their dog's poop, but there are many who don't. In particular, there are some dog owners who have multiple dogs they take to the park and let roam around, and I know for a fact that they're not keeping track of where the dogs go and what they do.

Posted on: 2008/2/6 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:
I can guarantee that 90% of the people who complain on this kind of thread go nowhere near Hamilton Park.

Maybe I'm in the 10%, I take my daughter to HP 4-5 times a week, and in the last 3 months, I've stepped on dog poo 4 times, usually when playing in the grassy areas around the tennis courts and the open area west of the basketball court.

Obviously you pick up after yours, I'd like to know who the others are. Hopefully you can help keep the park clean if you ever come across anyone not picking up by reminding them of their obligation.

Cheers!

Posted on: 2008/2/6 18:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Vigilante wrote:

The truth is you just left a steaming load of crap on this thread. You are just one of many weirdos who seem to harbor some kind of pathological jealousy about the neighbors who gather and socialize in Hamilton Park. Plain and simple we do clean up after our dogs so stop spreading lies to move forward your bizarro agenda. I can guarantee that 90% of the people who complain on this kind of thread go nowhere near Hamilton Park.

Wrong. I live close to Hamilton Park, walk my dog on a leash through the park and have witnessed what I describe many times. On several occasions, I've had to go up to the offending dog owners and shown them where they're dog's poop is. I'm sure there are dog owners in those groups who pick up their dog's poop, but there are many who don't. In particular, there are some dog owners who have multiple dogs they take to the park and let roam around, and I know for a fact that they're not keeping track of where the dogs go and what they do.

Posted on: 2008/2/6 18:13

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/8 3:00
Group:
Registered Users
I would love to approach my neighbor about it but unfortunately I have never seen who it is that is doing it. I live in an extremely large complex with many many neighbors and many of them have dogs. Finding out the particular neighbor would be difficult unless I just happen to catch them in the act.

Posted on: 2008/2/6 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 20:09
Group:
Banned
Why not approach your neighbor directly asking them to clean up their dog's pee. I wouldn't suggest an argumentative tone, but something diplomatic yet honest.

Something along the lines, "I totally understand how hard it is to deal with getting your dog outside to relieve him/herself, especially when you're on a tight schedule and have a lot of other stuff going on. But it's still important to clean up if they pee in the common hallway or else they will continue to pee in that exact spot and it's a nuisance to your neighbors in addition to being unsanitary."

Quote:

princeali_96 wrote:
It seems like more and more people are moving in to Jersey City that believe cleaning up their dog's poo is beneath them. They want the dogs because they make good accessories but they don't want to actually clean up after them. In my apartment building there is a person who's dog consistently pees on the way down the stairs. Now I have dogs and I understand that sometimes they don't make it outside but you clean it up. This person just leaves it on the stairs to dry. It got to the point where there was a thick layer of dried pee on the stairs and always a fresh wet trail from that days accident. I'm sure someone is thinking, "Why don't you take the initiative and clean it up?" and my answer is that I don't want to give this person the idea that they are above cleaning up after their dog. Instead I resort to the passive aggressive action of posting signs with arrows at the pee trail. Something to the extent of "You're dog does not have opposable thumbs.....therefore you have to clean up after them." Unfortunately it didn't work because the pee trail remained. Okay rant over.

Posted on: 2008/2/6 17:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

stani wrote:
Those kind of pet owners give us a good insight into human nature. I'm sure most of these pet owners don't think they're being inconsiderate and on the contrary, if asked, would say they are responsible and considerate people.

My favorite is the group of people who congregate in Hamilton Park each day and let their dogs run all over the park while they merrily gab amongst themselves, completely oblivious of what their pets are doing, which is taking dumps all over the park. I wonder if they think their dogs are constipated and that's why they never have to pick up any poop when they take them out to the park!

Posted on: 2008/2/6 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Those kind of pet owners give us a good insight into human nature. I'm sure most of these pet owners don't think they're being inconsiderate and on the contrary, if asked, would say they are responsible and considerate people.

My favorite is the group of people who congregate in Hamilton Park each day and let their dogs run all over the park while they merrily gab amongst themselves, completely oblivious of what their pets are doing, which is taking dumps all over the park. I wonder if they think their dogs are constipated and that's why they never have to pick up any poop when they take them out to the park!

Posted on: 2008/2/6 16:40

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/8 3:00
Group:
Registered Users
It seems like more and more people are moving in to Jersey City that believe cleaning up their dog's poo is beneath them. They want the dogs because they make good accessories but they don't want to actually clean up after them. In my apartment building there is a person who's dog consistently pees on the way down the stairs. Now I have dogs and I understand that sometimes they don't make it outside but you clean it up. This person just leaves it on the stairs to dry. It got to the point where there was a thick layer of dried pee on the stairs and always a fresh wet trail from that days accident. I'm sure someone is thinking, "Why don't you take the initiative and clean it up?" and my answer is that I don't want to give this person the idea that they are above cleaning up after their dog. Instead I resort to the passive aggressive action of posting signs with arrows at the pee trail. Something to the extent of "You're dog does not have opposable thumbs.....therefore you have to clean up after them." Unfortunately it didn't work because the pee trail remained. Okay rant over.

Posted on: 2008/2/6 15:14

Please clean up your dog poop...

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/31 0:08
Group:
Registered Users
Ok peeps..rather than sink into petty retaliation and stalking I figure i'll just rant on jclist and then let it go.

I have a monthly parking space behind an apt. building.
Meaning I don't live in the building..but pay to park my car there.

Someone in the building is walking their dog in the parking lot and pooping in my/our parking spaces and NOT cleaning up after their dog!
I went to park my car there the other day and found a huge steamer right in my space. GROSS-NESS!

I asked the administration office about it and they shrugged their shoulders and said that there was nothing that they could do about it. Which I guess it's true..but I mean at least post a sign or something!!!?!!?!

This is why I hate people sometimes....

Gross...
Ok i'm letting it go now..

Posted on: 2008/2/6 14:55

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13)

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!