Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Re: www.kannekt.com not posting bad reviews
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
kennekt is a complete sham, they are just an extension of the building developers. They will let the negative reviews stand if the building in question is not advertised with their website.

But for buildings that have ads with them, they will delete any and all negative reviews, even those with very good factual information for the potential buyers.

Some of the reviews isnt even negative, for example there was a detailed note about crystal point and the risk of not having a mortgage contingency, the post didnt even say anything negative about the building just answering previous questions about why the lack of mortgage contingency is important. It was deleted immediately.

I wish people would stop using that site, in jclist we have the webmaster deleting stuff but at least he's somewhat consistent and not a soldout doing it based off financial reasons.

Posted on: 2009/7/7 21:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/6/17 18:59
From Hudson Co.
Group:
Registered Users
I have been blocked on Kannekt as well. I guess I wasn't giving impressions of utopia here in Liberty Harbor.

Posted on: 2009/7/7 21:03

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/9/19 14:04
Group:
Registered Users
::sings:: DUN. DUN. DUN. Another one bites the dust!

So not only did Kannekt delete my neighbor's Liberty Harbor reviews (of course not the complimentary ones... just the critical ones and the ones that offered advice on where residents could get help)... Kannekt actually BLOCKED her home IP address from the "chat" section. She thought she was going insane with the posts. One of those "Now you see it. Now you DON'T!" moments. I'm sure she's not alone. I've noticed quite a few posts magically disappearing.

It's just a little too convenient. Warn future Liberty Harbor residents of the issues or empower current residents to make the situation better... and your posts disappear or you get blocked?

Posted on: 2009/7/7 20:42

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/12/6 5:22
Group:
Registered Users
Looks like my GroveStreetJC.com blog is causing some controversy over at Kannekt.com! I wrote a nice post comparing Ivy House vs Washington Commons for somebody, and the Kannekt moderator deleted my post. Then two people rallied to my defense! Thank you for the defending words, whoever you are.

http://www.hobokenx.com/html/modules/ ... hp?topic_id=25573&forum=8

http://www.hobokenx.com/html/modules/ ... p?topic_id=25006&start=90

posts #95 and #96

Posted on: 2008/7/15 19:22

Re: Does Kannekt publish bad reviews?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/22 20:18
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
I've had mixed experiences. Before I owned my own place, I wrote several reviews on kannekt. I recall being confused why one so-so review wasn't published, another so-so review was published, and all the good reviews were published. As for Melt, I never read any bad reviews on kannekt -- either there were none or they just weren't published. But I was never contacted by the list owner except possibly for factual info and I had no relationship with him.

i actually posted a good review of melt at kannekt and it was there the next day. everything else i have tried to review was never published.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 20:16

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 13:31
Group:
Banned
I've had mixed experiences. Before I owned my own place, I wrote several reviews on kannekt. I recall being confused why one so-so review wasn't published, another so-so review was published, and all the good reviews were published. As for Melt, I never read any bad reviews on kannekt -- either there were none or they just weren't published. But I was never contacted by the list owner except possibly for factual info and I had no relationship with him.

Posted on: 2008/7/14 14:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/10 16:39
From Donny City
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/7/14 3:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/12 3:42
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know what the scam is at kannekt, but I tried to post reviews there about 5 times over the years, and they were never posted. The frustration with that is why I always voice my food opinions on jclist and no other venue. I realize that our webmaster may rule with an iron fist, but at least I don't feel like I am being censored or am the victim (or bait) in a scam.

Posted on: 2008/7/13 17:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 16:20
Group:
Banned
fat ass bike.

I had to steal your post on real-estate-speak...I hope you don't mind!

Why would ANYONE think that a commercial site ;ike Kannekt won't behave COMMERCIALLY.
It's like expecting Katy Couric or the EX-Tim Russert to do an expose' on how crooked General Electric is...NEVER gonna happen.

Posted on: 2008/7/13 0:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/6/22 20:18
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
i posted a bad review of a Dr. in downtown JC and it was never published.....

Posted on: 2008/7/11 15:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ninasdogwalk wrote:
I disagree. I was just looking at kannekt.com last night and I saw some bad ones. Here are some examples:

The bad reviews you have are not for yuppie businesses. Yuppie businesses cannot be criticized because if the yuppies buying condos can't get the foods / services they want, then they won't but condos.

Sushi = Yuppie food.

Sushi Tango = Provider of Yuppie food

Bad review of Sushi Tango != Sale of new condo to yuppies

Now on the other hand, Shadman Restaurant, which is where one of those quoted bad reviews is from, is not a yuppie food. A bad review does not hurt condo sales.

Posted on: 2008/7/11 14:29

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/8 19:40
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I disagree. I was just looking at kannekt.com last night and I saw some bad ones. Here are some examples:

Review - I bought a puppy from this store and part of the price I paid was for the microchip they told me was put in the dog. My vet assures me that they used a reader several times and there is no microchip in my dog.

Additionally, my puppy had kennel cough for upwards of 4 weeks (needed two treatments) and the parent company that's supposed to re-imburse you for costs associated with it still haven't paid me. It's been about 4 months and I called them and they said they would send it and still haven't (and they were extremely nasty on the telephone).

I love my dog but I certainly wouldn't get another dog from this store if for no other reason than the parent company is fraudulent and evasive.
(2007-06-13 )

Editor's rating of this review - 3/5

Review - Food is cheap, but lacks much flavor. They have a buffet style dining and if you order take out, chances are your food comes from the buffet---which I think sits out all day...so your food isn't too fresh. The person who took my phone order actually asked me if I wanted my food warmed! Restaurant is small, but accessible (right on Grove). Basically, you get what you pay for.
Food - 25/50 Customer Service - 30/50
Reviewed by - new2jc07 (2007-07-06 )

Review - The staff is loud and rude and does not spend adequate time with each client. The manicure was okay, the pedicure was unacceptable and the waxing atrocious! You sit in a small chair off to the corner--no laying down, no privacy. Went once and never returned.
Product or Service - 25/50 Customer Service - 10/50
Reviewed by - inked (2004-09-28 )

Posted on: 2008/7/11 14:21
www.ninasdogwalk.com

A positive attitude brings strength, energy and initiative.

Re: kannekt.com moderators
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/28 12:09
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

nlnator wrote:
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:
mike_s55 and nlnator are posting from the same IP address. This does not mean they are the same person but it raises suspicion.

So webmaster. Now that you disclosed out of your "Genious" super powers - gasp. That mike_s55 and nlnator are the same person (OMG - what is the world coming to?). You should disclose the other people that may use this site who also post under the same IP.

I think you must disclose all people. I guarantee there is at least one other. Maybe you are annoying Alb or one of his many fan club members?

Man I cant find a decent blog in this town one that doesnt have any bias.

Resized Image

Bias? I don't think so. Don't go getting all butthurt because your sockpuppet got found out. Why did you need one anyway?

Posted on: 2008/7/10 20:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Quote:

ianmac47 wrote:

Also, you can post reviews in the New York's Sixth Directory.

Sushi Tango

The best site for restaurant reviews is www.yelp.com.

I cannot disagree with otnemem regarding the ST service - it has been very slow lately, but I'd say their sushi is par-for-the-course for the Northeast (ie average, or slightly better - except Manhattan).

West Coast (LA, etc) is in a totally different league.

Totally different sport.

Posted on: 2008/7/10 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Kannekt is run by a shill for the developers. The relationship is not clear-- that is, whether Kannekt Guy is just on salary from a few of the big developers, or whether he just fears losing the revenue source from pulled adverts.

There isn't much that can be done, except avoiding the site in general. For most part it seems most of the people posting there are real estate brokers trying to make a sale anyway, not real people.

Also, you can post reviews in the New York's Sixth Directory.

Sushi Tango

Posted on: 2008/7/10 16:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/27 16:58
Group:
Banned
Funny, I thought their sangrias were awful... I'll stick with Majestic for those - cheap and good.

As for their service, my girlfriend and I were the only people in the entire restaurant, besides one guy drinking at the bar. The bartender/waitress was too busy chatting the guy (presumably her friend) up to make our drinks within like 10 minutes of ordering them. We were about 15 feet from the bar, and we just sat there looking at her as she DIDN'T MAKE OUR DRINKS. We ordered a hot appetizer and some sushi. The sushi was made and sitting out on top of the sushi bar before our appetizer even came out. It probably sat there for at least 15 minutes before it came to our table. Timing is one of those important things in a restaurant. If we're the only customers, you can wait until after we out our appetizers to make our sushi. And I thought the sushi was terrible, but I can't say I've had anything much better in JC yet.

Posted on: 2008/7/10 16:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/15 13:56
Group:
Banned
Maybe you caught Sushi Tango on the off-day for food.

I'd characterize their sushi as better than average for this area.

I'd agree that service has been very spotty lately. We are regulars and the last few times I felt a bit neglected even as there were only a few customers besides us in the restaurant.

But then again I was hungry, so my patience was not at its best. I will give Sushi Tango a few more tries. They have a nice Cheers-like vibe going. In the summer there are nice sangrias at the bar - who says you can't fuse spanish drink with japanese food? Grace or Josh will always make you a drink the way you like it. Overall many more pluses than minuses at Sushi Tango.

Regarding Kannekt - they don't knock any business, because they need advertising $$$.

They ARE a total joke.

Posted on: 2008/7/10 15:49

Does Kannekt publish bad reviews?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/27 16:58
Group:
Banned
I recently wrote a pretty scathing review of my terrible experience at Sushi Tango (bad food, worse service, etc). It was never published. I wrote an e-mail to ask why it hadn't been published, and the guy basically said, 'we don't publish all reviews, and we don't give reasons if we don't.' I just find it weird that all of the reviews for that particular restaurant are about how wonderful the sushi is. "BEST SUSHI IN THE TRI-STATE AREA!" But it was awful, and not one reviewer on Kannekt appears to agree with that.

Then I wrote a review about how terrible Wild Fusion is (man, it's hard to find a good restaurant in JC outside of Ox), and that one hasn't been published either. Again, only good reviews display.

I'd like to just make it clear - I'm writing very unbiased, subjective reviews. I rarely post reviews, but my experiences with both restaurants were so bad I figured people should know. (FYI, re: Wild Fusion - do they season anything? I got pad thai and panang curry. Neither had any flavor WHATSOEVER.)

I know it's a privately run website, but it's a little weird to have a reviews site that doesn't let anyone review anything unfavorably. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Posted on: 2008/7/10 15:35

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/15 17:02
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Kannekt Review Disclaimer:

Reviews Submit your review

Disclaimer: Any opinion expressed below is to be considered the reviewer's personal opinion, not necessarily that of the Kannekt company or its editors. Please read with discretion. Be aware that the editor at his discretion may choose not to publish certain reviews submitted.

If this is your listing, to remove or disable reviews, Please contact us

I would assume that the "Lister" is the business owner. Is there any question that a business owner would not want to keep negative reviews up on this site. I am just saying that it might not be Kannekt who edits so strictly.

Posted on: 2008/1/14 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/6/3 23:45
Group:
Registered Users
Getting back to the original topic of this discussion - I too have had no luck posting anything to their forums. Everything I post to their real estate forums gets removed. Things which to me seems totally reasonable and not out to smear any particular development gets taken down. The only things that remains are glowing reviews of condo projects & other developments.

I would call it a total sham of free speech but then again it's a website owned by someone and therefore i guess they have the right to heavily edit any content that shows up on it, but they certainly shouldn't try to pass it off as a free-forum of information which it certainly is not.

Oh well, all the more reason to post here...

Posted on: 2008/1/14 21:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
No, I didn't think you banned them. I do have a paranoid fear that if I type one wrong word, I can be banned at any minute.

It just seems that people using the same computer are considered suspicious.

Posted on: 2008/1/14 20:02

Webmaster
Webmaster

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/25 12:50
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Webmasters
Annod:
I revealed this informaton in an attempt to expose the bias on this topic and prevent people from manipulating the conversation.

These 2 users choose not to post on this site anymore, I did nothing to prevent them from doing so. Did you presume that they were removed? You are mistaken.

Quote:

Annod wrote:
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:
mike_s55 and nlnator are posting from the same IP address. This does not mean they are the same person but it raises suspicion.

Webmaster,
I do not understand your logic. Do you only allow one person per household to post on JCList? There were husbands and wives posting here. Roommates not allowed? Friends are not allowed to use each other's computer when they visit each other? Do we all have to have our own IP address in order to post?

I saw nothing wrong with their posts. They just didn't know how to ignore the know-it-alls.

Posted on: 2008/1/14 19:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Donny City
Group:
Registered Users
Ah Ha!

Posted on: 2008/1/14 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/5 14:18
From Exchange Place
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:

Webmaster,

I do not understand your logic. Do you only allow one person per household to post on JCList? There were husbands and wives posting here. Roommates not allowed? Friends are not allowed to use each other's computer when they visit each other? Do we all have to have our own IP address in order to post?

I saw nothing wrong with their posts. They just didn't know how to ignore the know-it-alls.

Posted on: 2007/9/26 12:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Donny City
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately there are too many people that believe all conspiracies are loonacy

Then again, perhaps those conspiring to put out monopolized advertising are also successfully brain-washing the lemmings to believe they don't exist

Sure doesn't look like the human race will evolve while I'm still breathing

Posted on: 2007/9/26 6:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
There are a couple of sites just like Kannekt that I think we have thoroughly trashed in past posts on this site.

Sites like Kannekt are run by scumbag RE guys, who actually believe that it is a good marketing strategy. But in fact it's one of the lowest, unethical ways of promotion. And sites like this exist in almost evey industry.

They try and call it renegade marketing.
It's becoming a major problem in the advertising community, where certain companies have sprung up that actually specialize in creating sites and campaigns simliar to Kannekt. It's HUGE in the technology sector. And most REAL advertising agencies HATE this "Form" of promotion as it is so unethical.

It just goes to show, you can't trust anything you read online, unless it's from a source that you know is validated and credible and even those sites...(ahem, cnet) are taking kickbacks from companies to make sure their products get good reviews.

Posted on: 2007/9/26 2:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

tqwert2 wrote:

mike_s55 popped up in one thread to attack you specifically for criticizing nlnator, which is a pretty clear violation of netiquette from where I stand, but you were the most directly impacted party.

Well, but he wasn't cussing or posting Nazi porn or anything along those lines.

Posted on: 2007/9/26 0:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/14 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alb wrote:
Quote:

nlnator wrote:
I think you must disclose all people. I guarantee there is at least one other. Maybe you are annoying Alb or one of his many fan club members?

For good or for ill, I post under just one user name here, and a few people have met me offline.

Also: I think that you and your sock puppet are being a little thin-skinned, but I don't think you violated any serious netiquette rules, and I would be opposed to deleting your posts.

mike_s55 popped up in one thread to attack you specifically for criticizing nlnator, which is a pretty clear violation of netiquette from where I stand, but you were the most directly impacted party.

Posted on: 2007/9/25 21:13

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/20 13:44
From Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Webmaster wrote:

Owned.

Posted on: 2007/9/25 19:07

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

nlnator wrote:

For good or for ill, I post under just one user name here, and a few people have met me offline.

Also: I think that you and your sock puppet are being a little thin-skinned, but I don't think you violated any serious netiquette rules, and I would be opposed to deleting your posts.

Posted on: 2007/9/25 16:04

(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017