Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Dixon Mills resident robbed
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/2/3 12:11
Group:
Registered Users
The 'fat-ass-bike' character must have a love-hate following on JCList. Characters like 'reggay' like to respond after 'fab' with a derogative reply everytime.
I don't mind the fat-ass-bike as a source of information and entertainment and he/she has weathered a lot of criticism, but has managed to ride those waves.

JCList has proven to be a good laugh, with all the internal bickering as the primary jell of this website.

Posted on: 2008/1/11 15:26

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/9/12 16:50
Group:
Registered Users
Fat Idiot Got His Due
Friday, January 11, 2008

A Large Downtown Jersey City man was robbed at gunpoint by three men yesterday morning near the Wendy?s Hamburger Restaurant on Route 440, officials said.

The fat Jersey City resident was leaving the restaurant at about 12:29 a.m. when the men approached him, reports said. One of the men asked the victim a question. Then a second man took out a black handgun and demanded the victim's wallet and sack of burgers, reports said.

Reports said the suspects took $50 to $60 from the wallet and ate all the burgers in front of the sobbing man. Then, according to reports, the suspects dropped the wallet and fled south on Route 440.

The victim then went back into Wendy?s and begged for some replacement burgers. After being denied, the victim called police to report an unsympathetic Wendy?s employee, reports said.

By REGGANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2008/1/11 13:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

RABBITRABBIT wrote:
the article is entirely relevant. first of all it is titled :Dixon Mills REsident Robbed. That's accurate. It took place outside the entrance on Varick. I think that's pretty relevant.

You ask "Does this mean if anyone gets robbed around the PATH, the article would also read - Dixon Mills resident robbed at PATH?"

YES. Absolutely.

Just as if you were robbed outside a Wendy's Hamburger Restaurant, the article would read Fat Idiot Got His Due.

Posted on: 2008/1/11 10:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Hi! I deleted it and re-posted, lol, you can do that in the first few minutes, I was trying to make a point about cine's comment and realized I called them "newbie" like a retard.

Posted on: 2008/1/10 22:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Where did creative conquest's comment go????

Posted on: 2008/1/10 22:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Wait to go F-A-B. I like your points, you rock. Cine178, wow, u r crazy. Are you one of the robbers?

Posted on: 2008/1/10 22:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Dixon Mills is just a building not a neighborhood. What's the big deal or need to mention a building.
Siht, next time we'll have news reports about a dude mugged at the PATH station on Grove, but the headline will read 'GROVE POINTE resident mugged near PATH Station'.

Posted on: 2008/1/10 22:05
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/15 12:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

clne178 wrote:
Have you notice the police presence at other construction sites and buildings under construction? Why not at Dixon, hmmm perhaps the developers are from Westchester and over their heads with this project, they do not have the local support of the City. Do you see headlines for robbery at gunpoint at the Beacon, a project in a much more questionable neighborhood?

Lets face it maybe it ws not retribution but Varick is the better part of Dixon, and it smacks of mismanagement when someone was able to rob a resident at gun point in front of the security booth. That is definitely bad press. It is plausible but do you really think that area is the most ideal place to rob someone?

Also the policies, have you seen the RGD property signs, no loitering, food cooking, blah, blah blah. Make no mistake when Dixon changed hands crime around it went up.

You must be a sales agent for the Beacon.

Posted on: 2008/1/10 21:37

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/11 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
Have you notice the police presence at other construction sites and buildings under construction? Why not at Dixon, hmmm perhaps the developers are from Westchester and over their heads with this project, they do not have the local support of the City. Do you see headlines for robbery at gunpoint at the Beacon, a project in a much more questionable neighborhood?

Lets face it maybe it ws not retribution but Varick is the better part of Dixon, and it smacks of mismanagement when someone was able to rob a resident at gun point in front of the security booth. That is definitely bad press. It is plausible but do you really think that area is the most ideal place to rob someone?

Also the policies, have you seen the RGD property signs, no loitering, food cooking, blah, blah blah. Make no mistake when Dixon changed hands crime around it went up.

Posted on: 2008/1/10 20:13

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/15 12:18
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

clne178 wrote:
It is retribution, the idiots who bought Dixon didn't realize who their neighbors were and when they realized they tried to hid it by enforcing policies and keeping the loitering people from Montgomery Gateway from hanging around when they were showing condos.

I think the people who were hassled by Dixon's security guards are pissed off. What better way of hurting the condo sales but convincing potential buyers it not only looks a bit sketchy but actual crime occurs here. The honest truth is that Dixon should be making the right contributions to the police department to keep crime down in the area. I mean in all seriousness the Dixon people are not from Jersey City and are only concerned with this one project what would it take to have an officer there everyday at least in the evening hours.

This is the most idiotic post of all of the idiotic posts. The incident has nothing to do with Dixon Mills' policies.

Posted on: 2008/1/10 18:06

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/11 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
It is retribution, the idiots who bought Dixon didn't realize who their neighbors were and when they realized they tried to hid it by enforcing policies and keeping the loitering people from Montgomery Gateway from hanging around when they were showing condos.

I think the people who were hassled by Dixon's security guards are pissed off. What better way of hurting the condo sales but convincing potential buyers it not only looks a bit sketchy but actual crime occurs here. The honest truth is that Dixon should be making the right contributions to the police department to keep crime down in the area. I mean in all seriousness the Dixon people are not from Jersey City and are only concerned with this one project what would it take to have an officer there everyday at least in the evening hours.

Posted on: 2008/1/10 16:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/10 15:54
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
This article has nothing to do with Dixon Mills, other then the poor guy got robbed near there and he lived there.

Does this mean if anyone gets robbed around the PATH, the article would also read - Dixon Mills resident robbed at PATH.

Or does the reporter think that anyone from Dixon Mills has some sort of special status and automatically is news worthy!

the article is entirely relevant. first of all it is titled :Dixon Mills REsident Robbed. That's accurate. It took place outside the entrance on Varick. I think that's pretty relevant.

You ask "Does this mean if anyone gets robbed around the PATH, the article would also read - Dixon Mills resident robbed at PATH?"

YES. Absolutely.

Just as if you were robbed outside a Wendy's Hamburger Restaurant, the article would read Fat Idiot Got His Due.

Posted on: 2007/12/12 4:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/6/12 15:20
From Downtown Ex Pat happy in McGinley Sq.
Group:
Registered Users
Actually, its pretty relevant that he is a DM resident as DM has failed to maintain their customized street lights on Varick (and elsewhere around the complex), and the security staff is useless.

It appears that the police (who responded within minutes to the tenant's 911 call made as soon as he got into his apartment) immediately questioned DM Security personnel to determine if they saw anything with their cameras or while on "patrol". Apparently they were of no help and saw nothing. Since the tenant said that it was too dark in front of Building B for him to get a good enough look at his assailants. It is not clear if there is any security camera footage (if there are even cameras by the entrances recording anything...). And if there are cameras recording, its so dang dark that I doubt they caught anything.

We tenants have complained repeatedly about the poor lighting, and upkeep of the lighting all around the complex for years and the matter has not been remedied.

Thankfully the neighbor was not hurt. But this is yet another inexcusable oversight by the DM ownership. What will it take for them to maintain the property properly and show true concern for the residents' safety and well-being??

Posted on: 2007/12/12 3:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/13 17:19
From time to time
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Reports said the suspects took $50 to $60 from the wallet before a resident came out of Dixon Mills building. Then, according to reports, the suspects dropped the wallet and fled

The suspects left behind another $200 in the wallet when their crime was interrupted. Police asked the victim why they hadn't taken everything. "I don't know," he said. "One guy was taking out one bill at a time and the other guy was running a tally. I think they may have been accountants."

Posted on: 2007/12/8 14:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
This article has nothing to do with Dixon Mills, other then the poor guy got robbed near there and he lived there.

Does this mean if anyone gets robbed around the PATH, the article would also read - Dixon Mills resident robbed at PATH.

Or does the reporter think that anyone from Dixon Mills has some sort of special status and automatically is news worthy!

Posted on: 2007/12/8 13:23
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Dixon Mills resident robbed
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Dixon Mills resident robbed
Saturday, December 08, 2007

A Downtown Jersey City man was robbed at gunpoint by three men yesterday morning near the Dixon Mills residential building on Varick Street, officials said.

The 44-year-old Dixon Mills resident was outside the apartment building at about 12:29 a.m. when the men approached him, reports said. One of the men asked the victim a question. Then a second man took out a black handgun and demanded the victim's wallet, reports said.

Reports said the suspects took $50 to $60 from the wallet before a resident came out of Dixon Mills building. Then, according to reports, the suspects dropped the wallet and fled south on Varick.

The victim then went to his apartment in Dixon Mills and called police, reports said.

By MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2007/12/8 13:07

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017