Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Property Taxes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 14:49
From heights
Group:
Registered Users
good luck. one thing i've learned is we will NEVER buy again on a place where the taxes aren't set in place. we had the same issue and its been a hassle. we were also told our yearly taxes would be x amount, but they were about 2g's off. everytime you call you get no one, or someone that tells you to talk to someone else. its a mess and the only thing i can say is good luck on the 26th. if anyone else is reading this, don't buy something that will soon be converted for tax purposes, b/c you will get screwed.

Posted on: 2007/12/11 15:53

Property Taxes

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/10/10 3:33
Group:
Registered Users
So here's the background: I bought a condo in Feb. 2007 that was gut renovated and converted from a 3 family house to 3 individual units. When I bought the condo, the condo had not been "split" and was still classified as a house for property tax purposes. As part of buying my condo, I got one-year tax free (paid by seller). Well my mortgage company started charging me for the taxes because they were being billed by the city. The seller didn't like this as the plan was that she would pay and that was that. We worked it out and decided that she would just reimburse for the expense. Well 1/2 through the whole process the city finally splits the house into units. So now it shows that I've paid taxes on the "mother lot" but not on my unit. The city has asked that my bank ask for a refund of what they've paid and just pay what I owe on my unit (which is less than what I've paid so far). Well, that takes forever to get taken care of and in the mean time I get a letter from the tax department at my bank saying I haven't paid my taxes and so my mortgage will increase next year (as opposed to really decreasing since my taxes are lower based on unit as opposed to the whole building). I called them to figure out what's going and now they tell me that the state will get back to them on 12/24 so I plan on calling them on 12/26 to see what is the conclusion. I can handle the increase but this is becoming too much of a hassle. I just want to sell and go back to the easy life of renting.

Does this happen often and what is the likely that it would really work out where they get refunded for what they've paid on the mother lot, pay what I owe on my unit and not have my mortgage increase for next year.

Posted on: 2007/12/11 15:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017