Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
72 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 72

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Police brass promote 34
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/24 19:41
Group:
Registered Users
Fat Ass Bike;
Thx. for calling me crap. Touche!
Using JClist as research is a complete joke.
Walk the walk then you can talk the talk.
You sir, speak b.s. with authority.
Again what are the ratios???? You said it; now you can't back it up.
Well let's get the official ratio. Set a date, I'll ask for a meeting with the East District Captain and the three of us can discuss further.

Posted on: 2007/11/28 16:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
ogden, what part of NOT ALL COPS ARE CRAP don't you understand - I NEVER said ALL cops are CRAP, only you are.

Read the local and state newspapers and follow the issues on JClist and you will learn something about crap cops in JC.

Posted on: 2007/11/27 22:59
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
but what is the ratio.........
you are accusing 800 ppl of being crap!
gimme a number.
or are you quoting meaningless statistics that you made up?

also, i happen to know quite a number of cops who gave their all. some great ppl. you don't hear abt. them.
they crawled thru all the pile for months after 911. Some were in altercations that left them totally disabled and sick.
One of my dear friends had her jaw broken by a sucker punch at Grand Central by a person who was attacking a blind man. she is tough as nails and managed to "subdue" her attacker and defend her weapon. guess what... the perp fled the country before trial. bye bye. got off.
meanwhile my friend has tmj, migranes and messed up vertabrae. cannot walk very far. she has to live with this CRAP every day.

Posted on: 2007/11/27 22:20

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Cops, ex-cops of JCPD seem to be in the papers every month over crap. All you need to do I guess is contact the newspapers and ask them how many cops stories there are on a negative nature.

Crap = illegal, unethical, corrupt and poor or lack of service.

You can also contact the internal dudes and see how many 'crap' things they have uncovered without it making it into the papers.

If the numbers are 800 cops, you would have to deduct the office staff and do the ratio that way.

I bet the ratio is crap, compared to most small cities of the same number of cops. (maybe Hoboken could be worse)

Posted on: 2007/11/27 0:05
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
The ratio of cops involved in crap, is too high for such a small cop force.

That said, if there were 'good' and deserving cops that got promoted, then a BIG congratulations from the fat-ass.

FAB;
What is the ratio??? of cops involved in crap?????
just wondering.......

Posted on: 2007/11/26 22:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
SalMonella wrote:

Quote:
How come contractors only know one price for any home improvement work? All i ever hear out of them is "it will cost one thousand, two thousand, three thousand", they are all a bunch of thieves and liers. Same thing with the car dealers.

.........rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhtt.

i had SalMonella poisoning a few years ago, worst experience of my life. 2 nights in the hospital, a colonoscopy, a couple horse pill sized antibiotics, and about 279 bowel movements later, i was cured.

be careful with your eggs, that's no joke.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 5:49

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/30 2:50
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
How come contractors only know one price for any home improvement work? All i ever hear out of them is "it will cost one thousand, two thousand, three thousand", they are all a bunch of thieves and liers. Same thing with the car dealers.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 5:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/2/28 15:23
Group:
Banned
Grats to all those officers that got promotions. Honestly, the ones that got the promotions most likely deserve it. If the JCPD bosses have messed up...well their time will come, very soon, by way of an internal class action.

Posted on: 2007/11/23 3:32

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/11/21 14:41
Group:
Registered Users
I bet very few of the officers were promoted on performance but who the actually know .
Were these officers promoted by performance/what they have contributed to the community? / Have they donated some of their time to kids in need and show them any lessons on becomming positive roll models? Have they done anything to help their brother officers? I truly think the JC police dept could take some lessons from other towns as to how police officers should really do their jobs . I think a very large percent lack proessionalism . I am not knocking the dedicated good officers there and take my hat off to them but the large percent that lack traits in their jobs ruin it for you good guys.

Posted on: 2007/11/21 15:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
So true trp3, but I have the feeling that ogden's view is how the JCPD cops see themselves and reward each other with promotions and behave.

And for the up-teenth time - NOT ALL JC cops are crap, just a good percentage including some of their managers I feel.

The ratio of cops involved in crap, is too high for such a small cop force.

That said, if there were 'good' and deserving cops that got promoted, then a BIG congratulations from the fat-ass.

Posted on: 2007/11/21 11:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
ogden1 wrote:

Quote:
Not insinuating anything but the fact that you have to pass a written, physical and psych test. My point is, do you think you could pass the test?

don't make the mistake of thinking that because someone is, for example, promoted to sergeant, they have to be super smart and in impecable physical shape.

there are so many misconceptions about what someone needs to do in order to become a cop or be promoted.

i have first hand experience with this. for one, i know someone who works in a correctional facility, meaning he has to handle criminals every day, patrol the jail, etc., and he was working there for nearly 2 years before he even went to the academy. not to mention, when he finished the academy, because he was a very big guy and overweight, he still couldn't do a single pull up. not to mention asking him to run any more than 3 miles would be pushing it.

he's a great cop, but hardly in good shape.

in addition, after 3 years working for the force, he was eligible for taking the sgt.'s test. he passes the test and his superior's give it the ok, he gets promoted. that's it. huge increase in salary, big promotion, and he still will be incapable of a single pull up. oh, and for what it's worth, he has not spent a single day of his life in a college classroom. no more than a high school diploma.

ogden1 wrote:

Quote:
Think you could get in a ring and box one of these dudes?

yes I do.

as a matter of fact, i'm absolutely positive that of those 34 cops promoted, a bunch of them would really have their hands full being in the ring with me. i don't know tankASS, but there's no question that if you catch him on a bad day, put a few beers down his fatASS throat and throw in something like "i lost my job and a hammer just fell out of my tool belt and landed on my pinky toe", and he could lay a whoopin' on a few of those 34 men.

being a cop, being a successful cop, has nothing to do with boxing skills. not to mention, even if an officer is a big strong guy, this has nothing to do with his fighting skills. i happen to be a boxing fan, and i've seen plenty of big, ripped up muscular men get their a$$es handed to them in the ring by a guy who doesn't look like anything more than "Joe" next door.

take their gun away, their mace, billy club, CB to call for backup, and you would routinely see regular cops, sgt.'s, and YES, even lt.'s, getting knuckled up on a daily basis.

Posted on: 2007/11/21 10:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ogden1 wrote:
are you all smoking crack? you really think there is no nepotism in the biz world. how freakin old are you, 10?
Look at all the CEO's that are robbing our economy with golden parachutes. Their friends are all on the board.
By the way you must take a test to be a police sgt., lt. capt.
The chief, believe it or not, is a political appt. That is how Bernie Kerik got his job.
It is unfortunate that you simply degrade all cops. The Port Authority and NJ State Police tests are no joke. Think you could get in a ring and box one of these dudes?
I guess everyone that has a joke degree is so educated and intelligent that they can recite meaningless stats and while being an "armchair quarterback".

For me, there is no difference working in government and a publicly traded company in the "private" sector.

Taxpayers/Stockholders entrust us with their money/savings/investments/future/ etc.

Just my opinion!

Posted on: 2007/11/21 0:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
FAB;
Not insinuating anything but the fact that you have to pass a written, physical and psych test.
If you were a cop....hmmm.
My point is..... Do you think you could pass the test ?
Maybe you would be on the motorcycle squad!!!!!

Posted on: 2007/11/20 21:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ogden1 wrote:
are you all smoking crack? you really think there is no nepotism in the biz world. how freakin old are you, 10?
Look at all the CEO's that are robbing our economy with golden parachutes. Their friends are all on the board.
The chief, believe it or not, is a political appt. That is how Bernie Kerik got his job.
It is unfortunate that you simply degrade all cops. The Port Authority and NJ State Police tests are no joke. Think you could get in a ring and box one of these dudes?
I guess everyone that has a joke degree is so educated and intelligent that they can recite meaningless stats and while being an "armchair quarterback".

That's the difference between the public and private employment - Public jobs should and have to be transparent.

No one is saying that ALL JC cops are useless either.

Are you suggesting that you have to be a good fighter to be a cop? I thought cops make arrests and not box with the people they arrest - Your logic would suggest that women should not be cops or anyone that can't fight.

I've seen cops (women and men) that are 5 foot nothing doing the job and appear to be very successful at it - maybe they use their brains and not their muscle to be a successful cop!
You might have 'hit the nail on the head' with that point of view - JC might have too many cops that have a low IQ score. Your suggestion also leads to the suggestion that some of these JC cops might be on steriods - Lets test them all and find out! (It would help explain their aggression on people by the cops and the presumed innocent being slapped around)

I have no interest in being a cop for the JCPD and if I did, I'd work in internal affairs or be a cop that addresses community issues and have authority to make changes - I'd be too pissed working with corrupt cops or management that sits on their hands that isn't transparent in every way.

Posted on: 2007/11/20 20:38

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/11/20 20:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Hey Fat-ASS

Yr comments reak of someone who wanted to be a cop all his life and wasn't able to make the grade ?

Whats really behind yr Tirade ???

CK

Posted on: 2007/11/20 16:16

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/2/15 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
It is scary though to think that these officers were promoted because of who their freinds are as the one poster previously pointed out. There should be some type of bonafide selection process wouldn't you think?

Posted on: 2007/11/20 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
this reminds me of something else regarding the 50...

my home town. basically all the cops who patrol the streets of the town i grew up in are all graduates from the school systems there, grew up in that town, have family in that town, etc. reason why i am pointing this out is because i went to school with these people, my older sisters went to school with these people, and 90% of the time, they were misfits when we knew them in high school. drug addicts, probations, etc. etc. not exactly my town's finest became cops.

it takes one to know one, and this is why statistically people who become cops were troubled teens. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

again, so that nobody jumps down my throat about "my brother-in-law is a really good cop, what do you do for a living, i bet you couldn't do what he does" bla bla bla, there are some good cops out there.

as a matter of fact, my brother in law IS a cop, and has a completely clean slate regarding his past. no drugs, no arrests, no fights, no DUI's, etc.

Posted on: 2007/11/20 12:30

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Are these officers who were promoted able to be so because of their connections to a freind? If this is the case this is deplorable, all of our safety is at stake and you would think at least in a job such as public safety that political connections could be taken out! God we are in trouble.

Posted on: 2007/11/20 11:45

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Are these officers who were promoted able to be so because of their connections to a freind? If this is the case this is deplorable, all of our safety is at stake and you would think at least in a job such as public safety that political connections could be taken out! God we are in trouble.

Posted on: 2007/11/20 11:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:
how well would you do chasing thugs with glocks, thru the projects in early morning hours without backup?

Well, how would those officers feel about walking past the open air, apparently court-approved drug supermarket on Wayne Street in the evening hours while being 5'2" and having nothing but a Maclaren stroller for a weapon and an ornery toddler for backup?

Seriously: I want officers to be well-paid and well-treated, but I think it would be good if they were relying less on fleet feet and more on courtesy. Maybe they could catch more thugs without running if regular, law-abiding people perceived them to be a source of protection rather than as a potential threat to physical safety.

Posted on: 2007/11/20 4:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
exactly trp3
There are too many jobs out there with greater risk to personal and public health and safety.

And from what I have heard, you only need a high school diploma and be 18 years old to qualify to be a cop in JC.

Even if you fail the psycho test you can get in - remember the kid who failed that test, but was allowed to still join the fire department because his dad was a high ranking fire chief!
I bet $100 he has a routine promotion through the ranks, faster then most!

Posted on: 2007/11/20 1:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
danger is part of the job.

i worked in a lab with highly corrosive liquids, blood, potentially dangerous substances, flammable gasses, a pompous jerkoff middle manager......i didn't get any awards for that.

people in uniform always automatically get pats on the back for what they do, and "what they sacrafice". not to say what they do isn't admirable, but quite often there's much braver people in the world that don't wear a badge, or carry a gun, or whathaveyou. most people become cops not because they are brave, but because of the pension and medical benefits.

as far as passing the captain's test.......oh come on. it doesn't take any high profile degree to become a cop, or achieve any other position on the police force for that matter. just take a look at half the guys driving around in squad cars nowadays.

Posted on: 2007/11/20 0:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

ogden1 wrote:
chasing thugs with glocks, thru the projects in early morning hours without backup?

Its not my fault if the cops are mismanaged with stupid or non-existing safety policies and procedures. How stupid would you have to be, running around at night without back-up. Either those cops that do are stupid or their supervisors are.

My cop friends from the NYPD never do stupid things like that and share their exploits of the job. (All have at one time or another complained how boring it is at times)

Also can you tell me which police force in the US, of only 800 cops (including ex. JC cops) can have such a siht record as ours - Our cops or ex.cops have a habit of being arrested, convicted or caught up in some illegal activity or ethical issue on a regular occurrence.

I pity the honest hard working JC cops that have to put up with siht and crap management / fellow cops, and if they missed out on a promotion to some 'drinking' buddy of a higher ranking cop that approved the promotion - I hope this didn't happen!

Posted on: 2007/11/20 0:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
please spare me the pomposity mr. builder.
not over exaggerating, just get a police scanner and listen to what these people do night and day.
they put themselves in harms way. how well would you do chasing thugs with glocks, thru the projects in early morning hours without backup?
think you may want to look up what the average cop does everyday. how do you really know????

Posted on: 2007/11/19 23:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Ogden, you might like to look up what industries have the highest risk, injuries and death rates. Then look up which occupations have the highest risk, injuries and death rates.

Lets not over-exaggerate the risks cops make and their social impact, but from what I see they (the average cop) spend a big % of time not fighting crime directly.

If architects, engineers and yes builders (like me) fccuuk-up, peoples lives are on the line not just an individual life - and what is built and created has to stand the test of time.
As an example, just look at all the bridges that are still standing. (yes, I'm aware that maintenance is going to be their downfall and people will die)

In relation to promotion, promotion is given to history, service and merit - not to those who bring disrepute to themselves, colleagues and work place!
Those that do should move on and start fresh in a new city - Like the drunk dumb-ass Mayor's nephew!

Posted on: 2007/11/19 22:59

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Oh Please. Think u could pass the police captain's test?
Would you risk your life for someone in the line of duty?
I doubt it. Some of these people are the greatest. What is your profession? Any idiots in your arena that make stupid mistakes? Guess not.
Maybe you should speak your mind to these guys in person or perhaps your content to hide behind your keyboard.
What an appropos moniker: fat-ass.

Posted on: 2007/11/19 22:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Were any of those named for promotion involved in the drinking in uniform fiasco!

Posted on: 2007/11/19 19:32

Police brass promote 34
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Police brass promote 34

Jersey Journal
Monday, November 19, 2007

The Jersey City Police Department gave promotions to 34 officers last week, including six Latino officers, the second most at one time in the department's history, according to the police.

Promoted at the City Hall ceremony:

Ronald Sprofera and Hugh Donaghue were sworn in as inspectors.

Edward Shinnick, Kevin O'Callahan, Robert Cowan, Bennett Sarno, Joseph Delaney, Joseph Connors and Gary Lallo were sworn in as captains.

Robert Alvarez, Ezio Scerbo, John Gillen, Anthony Genova, Frederick Younger, Louis Karras and Neil Donnelly were sworn in as lieutenants.

Anthony Scerbo, Cristino Felix, Thierry Burica, Shaun Peterson, Vincent Glenn, Charles Lauziere, Francisco Williams, Kevin Kot, Scott McNulty, Miguel Reyes, Mark Shaw, Martin Bouteloupt, Nelson Alamo, Dino Nerney, Anibal Rosario Jr., Teddy Goral, August Joy and Patrick McCarthy were sworn in as sergeants.

JOURNAL STAFF

Posted on: 2007/11/19 14:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017