Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 125

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Not the '70s anymore for Kiss' Catman interviewed at his Jersey City home
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/22 12:23
Group:
Banned
I never understood why Kiss was popular. Not the music, the makeup or the pyrotechnics.

They're not like the greats, like ABBA and the Bay City Rollers, man.

Now that's music.

Posted on: 2007/7/24 14:30

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/5/18 11:36
Group:
Registered Users
holy crap! i am also a huge KISS fan and had no idea that peter criss lives in JC! i need to find out where he lives so i can stalk him!

Posted on: 2007/7/24 13:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/8 5:29
Group:
Banned
but he doesn't say anything about finding jesus. why didn't he find jesus in his old age like all the other makeup wearing drughippie has beens? he will go to hell for dressing up like a cat just like rabbit rabbit will go to hell for dressing up like a rabbit lady. jesus said "a man shall not dresseth like a cat nor wearith a painted face liketh a woman for then he will beith a nancyboy and a molly and shall not enter the kingdom of heaven. woe unto you who would maketh satan's music and a man shall not lie with another man nor with a groupie for he will suffer eternal damnation in homohell where there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth". i have 16 jobs and 19 children and work hard to put hamburger helper and cheeze wiz on the table and i don't have time to write this but i just had to say something because it gets my goat when somebody like this man moves to my city in his pajamas.

Posted on: 2007/7/24 12:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Kiss' catman is aka rabbitrabbit

Posted on: 2007/7/24 11:01
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/3 2:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
Wow! I'm a huge KISS fan. It blows my mind that Peter Criss lives in JC!

Posted on: 2007/7/24 10:50

Not the '70s anymore for Kiss' Catman interviewed at his Jersey City home
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Not the '70s anymore for Kiss' Catman

08:57 PM CDT on Monday, July 23, 2007

By MARIO TARRADELL / Music Critic

Peter Criss calls from his Jersey City home while sitting in his pajamas. It's an intriguing mental picture, to say the least. The infamous Catman from influential rock group Kiss, the guy who pounded the skins and took a breather to sing the hit ballad "Beth," lounging at his hacienda decked out in PJs.

It's not the '70s anymore, folks. Mr. Criss is 61 and no longer in the iconic makeup. In fact, his new CD, One for All, (in stores today), sounds pretty mature. It's an autobiographical, blues-rock-R&B album that includes originals such as "Doesn't Get Better Than This" and "Faces in the Crowd," two songs that reflect on his glam-glittery past. He also put his raspy pipes on standards "What a Difference a Day Makes" and "Send in the Clowns."

Yes, Mr. Criss is a different guy now. His notorious days of drugs and alcohol abuse, crashing cars, missing Kiss recording sessions ? particularly for 1979's Dynasty and 1980's Unmasked ? are part of the past now. The new man behind the cat mask wants to continue making music, even if the legendary moniker no longer applies.

One for All is his fourth solo album since the Kiss heyday. A fifth solo effort, 1978's Peter Criss, was issued simultaneously with solo discs from band mates Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley and Ace Frehley. So to commemorate the release of One for All, we got the pajama-clad New York native, whose complete last name is Criscuola, to wax on a few topics near to his feline heart.

Peter Criss calls from his Jersey City home while sitting in his pajamas. The infamous Catman from influential rock group Kiss, the guy who pounded the skins and took a breather to sing the hit ballad "Beth," lounging at his hacienda decked out in PJs. It's not the '70s anymore, folks. Mr. Criss is 61 and no longer in the iconic makeup. In fact, his new CD, One for All, sounds pretty mature.

On the reminiscent nature of One for All:
As I have grown and become a real adult ? kind of ? it's an album of my life. It's an album of the phases that I have gone through, and the band and the fans have gone through with me. There are not many drummers that are singers and songwriters. On this particular piece of work I really dug deep down and pulled out the stuff that I felt. If you look at my background, even back to the four solo albums, I have been into more than just three guitars. I'm a major R&B, swing and jazz fan. I was very into horns and violins even since I was a kid.

On success, his pending autobiography, a big house and playing golf:
Sitting back on my laurels would be a wonderful thing. I have a wonderful house. I appreciate what I have. What I still have is my music. I can't help myself. I don't want to play golf. I don't want to sit on the porch. I haven't finished my book and I don't want to because when you're done with that it's time to go play golf. I'm just not ready, man.

On producing One for All:
I decided I'm going to produce this myself. Would I do it again? No. Producing is a nightmare. You have to keep looking at the clock and minding the money. And I don't like confrontations with the guys who are playing. I know what I want to hear. I know what I want. But this is a whole new Peter Criss on this record.

On the Kiss legacy ? and garish makeup:
Now I'm proud of the Marilyn Mansons and M?tley Cr?es, all the bands that followed us with makeup. I never expected what Kiss did because I never went into it for that. I wanted to play music. ? Maybe we would have some success, maybe I would eventually live comfortably. It has gone beyond my dreams could ever take me. We have been so emulated. No one had ever done it and nobody will ever do it the way we did it. I don't have any great expectations of my music going to Grammy-nominated places. But I still have an amazing following. You should see the heavy e-mails on my Web site.

On the Kiss 1996-97 reunion tour:
I remember when we were doing the reunion sitting next to Gene and we were putting the makeup on. It was the scariest moment because it was so long ago. But it was wonderful. It was like I was 20 years old again. We went back to the '70s. It was an incredible ride again. History did repeat itself. I thank God for the second chances.

On the humanity of a Catman:
The album is all about real moments that I jotted down in my little book. By the end of it all I had songs. It truly does come from the heart. It makes the Catman human. It's a nice feeling for me. When I'm the Catman it's a whole different ball game of rock 'n' roll. It's amazingly magical. When I do my own thing it's not so stressful as the band. I am alone and I am on my own and I like it. I am 61. I paid my dues. I'm a kid inside and the music keeps me young.

Posted on: 2007/7/24 9:21

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017