Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: TRUCK, LIGHT RAIL TRAIN COLLIDE - 26 people on train: injuries minor
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/2/14 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
The light rail drivers are a huge safety menace. I watch them run the light at Warren and Essex all the time when I'm walking by there to and from work.

Posted on: 2007/7/20 18:02

Re: TRUCK, LIGHT RAIL TRAIN COLLIDE - 26 people on train: injuries minor

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/11/14 21:56
From vvp
Group:
Registered Users
if this is the intersection i'm thinking of, i don't know why there aren't more accidents there. it's horrible. one morning i was on a light rail train stuck at the light for over fifteen minutes.

Posted on: 2007/7/20 16:37

TRUCK, LIGHT RAIL TRAIN COLLIDE - 26 people on train: injuries minor
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
TRUCK, TRAIN COLLIDE
26 people on light rail train: injuries minor

Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 07/20/07

JERSEY CITY: A delivery truck struck a light rail train in Jersey City about 9:20 a.m. Thursday, but no one was seriously injured.

About 26 people were on the two-car Hudson-Bergen Light Rail train when it was hit near Sixth Avenue and Washington Boulevard, south of Newport Centre Mall, said NJ Transit spokeswoman Penny Bassett Hackett.

Normal service resumed at 9:53 a.m. NJ Transit Police are investigating.

The Associated Press

-------------------------------------------

2 riders injured as Light Rail hits truck
Friday, July 20, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Two people suffered minor injuries in a collision between a Hudson-Bergen Light Rail train and a large truck in Downtown Jersey City yesterday, an official said.

At 9:20 a.m., a two-car Light Rail train struck the rear portion of the 24-foot delivery truck at Sixth Street just south of the Newport Centre Mall, NJ Transit spokeswoman Courtney Carroll said.

Two of the 26 passengers suffered minor injuries in the collision, but no information was available on whether the truck driver was injured, nor the amount of damage to his vehicle, Carroll said. The train car suffered no damage and was moved from the area just before 10 a.m., Carroll said.

While clearing the track, the Light Rail operated on a single track between Harsimus Cove Station and Second Street for about a half-hour, Carroll said. The train was traveling from West Side Avenue in Jersey City to Tonnelle Avenue in North Bergen, reports said.

The cause of the accident is still under investigation, Carroll said. There is a traffic light at the site of the collision.

Posted on: 2007/7/20 12:10

Edited by GrovePath on 2007/7/20 12:26:16

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017