Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
74 user(s) are online (60 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 74

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Reattach cop's ear after he was attacked during a hunt for an armed robber
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
I wouldn't quite call it the same thing, there is a difference between employee/equipment mistake causing an accident and a drugged up animal trying to beat you.

And you wonder why these people get their ass kicked by the police, sounds like most of them have it coming.

Posted on: 2007/7/18 13:09

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Reattach cop's ear after he was attacked during a hunt for an armed robber
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Just another work place injury like a guy losing a finger on a construction site. Good job catching the ass-wipe, but what happened to the pistol?

Posted on: 2007/7/18 10:23
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Bergen Lafayette: Reattach cop's ear after he was attacked during a hunt for an armed robber
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Reattach cop's ear
Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Jersey City police lieutenant's ear was almost completely sheared off when he was pushed into a pole with a street sign during a hunt for an armed robber, reports said.

Lt. Joseph Ascolese was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center and from there to University Hospital in Newark, where his ear was reattached surgically, officials said. He was released from the hospital yesterday. Police Chief Tom Comey visited Ascolese and said he was in good spirits.

On Sunday at 10:26 p.m., Lt. Joseph Ascolese was chasing Corey Lester, 34, of Bostwick Avenue, when Lester pushed Ascolese into the sign post at the corner of Claremont and Ocean avenues, reports said.

Ascolese's ear was severed and left only partially attached, reports said. Another officer grabbed Lester, who said, "Yo, I ain't mean to do that to your boss," reports said.

Lester was charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, robbery, resisting arrest, obstructing a government function, drug possession, weapons offenses and possession of drug paraphernalia, reports said.

The incident began when officers on patrol at Claremont and Rose avenues came across a man on a bike robbing a man at gunpoint, reports said. The victim ran toward the patrol car and the robber made a break for it, report said.

A description of the robber was broadcast and a short time later Ascolese radioed that he was chasing a man fitting the description at Claremont and Ocean avenues, reports said. A backup officer said he saw Lester push Ascolese into the pole, causing immediate bleeding, reports said.

Lester said "All I got is some drugs and a crack pipe in my pocket - I ran because of the drugs," reports said. He was found to have a crack pipe, suspected crack cocaine and a handmade knife, reports said.

The robbery victim was also taken to the Medical Center for treatment of facial cuts caused when the robber pistol-whipped him, reports said. He told police Lester was not the man who robbed him, but that he could identify the robber, reports said.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2007/7/18 9:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017